Low carb noodles or pasta

(Debbie) #1

Looking for other options for pasta. I just made "Better than noodles " yesterday with Alfredo sauce and chicken. It wasn’t to bad but if you focused on the pasta then you noticed a rubbery texture, anyone know of anything different?

miss my pasta

Check out this short thread…

(KCKO, KCFO) #4

Have you tried using a spiralizer and making your noodles from summer squash? I found the shirataki noodles to be awful, couldn’t work up the nerve to try the others because of that. I just make my own. You can keep them for a couple of days in the fridge and cook them when you need them.

(Jen) #5

These are definitely not exactly like pasta, but I made these “noodles” made from egg and cream cheese and they were pretty good. Better than Shirataki, at least:

I don’t mind the konjac noodles at all. Especially in soups or thai food etc. I am pretty excited about eating them…

I’ve found that my substitute for a ‘dense carb’ base is cauliflower rice. Obviously not noodle shape, but it works really well for me. I use the cauli rice with tomato sauce and parm cheese, etc, and it does fool me enough to believe it is actually rice. .

I also like spiralized zucchini, but they are not in season here now. I found if I slightly dehydrated them before cooking, I got a better texture than either treating with salt and squeezing, or using them just fresh. Slicing them length-wise the zukes made a really nice lasagna = and oh, finally made with ‘enough’ cheese! :grin:

(Amber) #8

I have some of the high protein lower carb Isolator Isopasta, it has 7 grams of net carbs per serving. It is good when you really, really need a hit of pasta but I find if I eat too much of this stuff I will stall with weight loss. It arrives in tiny bags of 5 servings per bag it really expands when you cook it. I think it tastes best cold with homemade pesto, like a pasta salad.