November IF/EF chat, all welcome!

(What The Fast?!) #101

Oh heyyyy! Let me give you a 30 second recap:
Keto seemed to work for me the first few weeks (lost 5-6 lbs) but then I had that awful 2nd degree burn and everything went wonky. I tried tracking everything that went in my mouth, did a lower fat keto, went zero carb for a month, tried a super high calorie (85% fat) keto, all to no avail (and a few gained lbs). I then joined a Fat Burning Female program and ended up gaining a couple more. All in all, about 4-5 more lbs than before starting keto in March. NEATO!

Sooo…after all that, I recently started heavy fasting. I’m fasting more than I’m eating (basically doing EF and breaking the fast with either a single meal or 1 regular day of eating, then going back into a fast). FINALLY I’m losing some weight - HURRAY!!! I don’t have that “OMG I feel so amazing when I fast” feeling, it’s more like, “I’d much rather be eating but I’m finally seeing results so who cares,” so that’s good enough. I’m basically drinking keto-aide without the magnesium all day and taking ACV once in awhile. I’m down 8lbs since starting this fasting-focused WOE (since 10/15). My goal is to lose about 18 more (puts me around 21-23% body fat based on my 100lbs of LBM).

Aside from all that, things are fab. :slight_smile: Work is great, I have a bunch of travel coming up (ski trips, hurray!!), and well, as they, I’m just trying to KCKO. Oh - and since it’s cold out, I’ve stepped away from outdoor cycling, but still doing TRX, kettlebells, barre, yoga. I’m taking it a little easier with fasting - I’m testing a theory that if I just rest while I’m fasting, I’ll get it faster results and then I can hit it hard in the gym once I lose the weight.

PS I recently learned that heating up salt water (with NoSalt as well) and drinking it with a spoon feels like I’m eating soup.

How are yoouuuuu??? I heard about your AMAZING gym gains!!! So incredible!

(What The Fast?!) #102

I can’t wait to have this experience!

(Mark Rhodes) #103

It is not a major reason to stop fasting, best of my knowledge- although Richard does say to eat when your fingers start to feel numb so I am not positive on this point. I have discovered that when my fingers do get cold I make sure to take some table salt with IODINE. Seems iodine helps regulate this system, so 1/2 TSP under the tongue and I rock on another 12 hours.

Ah yes, I think I recall you posting on this before. There is so much to learn and I find myself reading, skimming and rehashing concepts in my mind. Eventually, some major tidbits fall out and I have to come along and scoop up the information all over again! Iodine…yes. Thanks for that.

Sorry to double post. (I do that a lot…) But I’m just checking in, I’m at hour 60 of my fast.

I will be waiting for a phone call, or series thereof, this afternoon regarding a very serious family matter through the courts. I have no idea which way things will be decided and the stress has been building for months.

So, depending on what the decision is, I will either be happily breaking my fast by 5 PM or feeling so sick that I cannot eat for days to come. Or binge-eat butter and bacon and eggs and cream cheese. God is good, I’m just going to trust him and KCEFO and KCKO, repeat.

(Doodler for @KetoKailey) #106

Good morning! A new week starts today!

How are you tweaking your routine (if needing adjustments)?

As for me, going to try cashew milk matcha with butter. Unsweetened, of course.

I have a headache from not drinking enough water yestersay.

Cashew milk sounds divine, but does it have a load of carbs? Cashews do when not milked! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(Doodler for @KetoKailey) #108

@Helewisa, my friend, methinks it’s a good alternative and it tastes great!

Hmm, thanks! It would be nice for a treat I suppose. I am so cautious with my carb allowance that the 1.5g of carb is weighty. But I think I will have to try it when I can find it :wink:

(Doodler for @KetoKailey) #110

@Helewisa, a pleasure! I hardly consumed dairy before this WOE, and all of a sudden I’m leaning on HWC so much, and may be factoring heavily on my stall.

After the initial water weight loss first week of October, I’ve been 123.5 +/- pounds. I’m 4’11/prediabetic. Hopefully, no HWC will help.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #111

Lol you nut.
I’m happy for your enthusiasm.
Keto on you badass.
Listen to the 2KetoDudes podcasts. You’ll hear what I’m up to soon :wink:

(What The Fast?!) #112

Oooohhh!! A BRENDA episode? My favorite!!!

(What The Fast?!) #113

Hey guys! I just heard on an episode of Fasting Talk that IDM sometimes has people eating chia seeds soaked in liquid on their fast…does anyone else do that? (I’m clearly super hungry which is why I’m asking.) :slight_smile:
90 hours in.

I use this when I get the “fasting trots” (diarrhea). It helps!

(What The Fast?!) #115

You get diarrhea from not eating? That’s so interesting! I find I have to eat lots of vegetables and sometimes fruit when I do my refeed just to GO to the bathroom!

Yep, pretty consistently. If you have the opposite reaction, I would be wary of the chia seed!

Are you taking vitamin supplements? I got diarrhea when fasting and chased it down to supplements.

I do take a multivitamin, I will try cutting that out. Thanks!

Completed my fast at 330 PM, at 67 hours. Felt good to go (and that stress w/ a court decision has been prolonged for another 10-14 days).
I didn’t go crazy and I watched my macros, so kept the protein under 60g and the carbs well under 20g. I’m going to finish up with an oz of cheddar and call it a night. Curious to see what my morning FBG will be, but I’m not going to sweat it.
This was a good fast and I think I’ll be ready for another the 3 days prior to Thanksgiving.
I hope you all are faring well with your choice of IF or EF :wink:

(Doodler for @KetoKailey) #120

Congratulations! Oh, I’m on the curious boat what test results bring in the following day!

I hope you all had a wonderful day. Not sure what made me feel lithe and light today. Could it be the absence of HWC?