November IF/EF chat, all welcome!

Nectar. It’s called Bacon Nectar. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I learned that right here…oh how I love the stuff! :bacon::bacon::bacon::bacon::bacon::bacon::bacon::bacon::bacon::bacon::bacon::bacon::heart_eyes:

Amen to that! So glad you’re here and we can all use the support and some recipes to navigate the rough carby seas!

(Regina M.) #63

I’ve been taking 2 tsp a day. I’m not sure I could keep any more down.

Hi everyone. Not much new to report. Will do a warrior fast four days this week. We are off Friday, and I generally eat “normally” on days I’m not at work.

(KCKO, KCFO) #65

I find this Ranch very ease to make up and stores for a week in the fridge, if it lasts that long.

https://www.whole-sisters.com/dump-ranch/

(Doodler for @KetoKailey) #66

@collaroygal GMTA! Sent @PugsDigMusic same Dump Ranch link :rofl:.

(Liz ) #67

So glad you are here! I agree about reading personal experiences, that has been the best thing for me to figure out my own Keto journey. Of course the books and podcasts are also an important part, but being able to see folks living the day to day Keto life, that’s gold.

(KCKO, KCFO) #68

Great minds… :joy:
I plan to tweak it next time to make a thinner blue cheese dressing. DH loves the Dump Ranch consistency. I have been making blue cheese dressing by using homemade mayo, some sour cream, and blue cheese crumbles. It tastes great, but is very thick, so doesn’t coat salad parts as well as the Ranch one does.

(What The Fast?!) #69

Hi all! I’m super brain foggy today - I talk on the phone all day for work and I’m making roughly zero sense today! Anyone else get this when they fast? I think my electrolytes are fine, so not sure what’s up - this happens every so often when I’m fasting.

Greetings everyone! Happy November!

I’m about 21 hours into my November EF and hoping to go until Thursday afternoon. This is only my second time and I really enjoyed my first EF…and the benefits afterward.
I take a coffee in the morning and a tea in the afternoon. Other than that just lots of water and some pink salt.

Admittedly, today was stressful at work so eating would fill that emotional hole but I am learning to recognize false hunger which is very exciting and new.
I’m finding that fasting is a freeing experience that gives me a sense of accomplishment and well being that I have never felt before in the realm of food and dieting. I guess that’s because this isn’t a diet. It’s my new normal…and my new normal rocks!

Oh, how I hear you Friday!!! I find that I don’t recognize the emotional eating right away because it is so overpowering and I “come to my senses” and recognize what has happened when I am already well past an emotional binge. It’s wonderful to hear that you are recognizing this and that you are finding the strength to carry on with your fast!

Sea salt for me, some coffee and mostly water and herb tea.

I’m about 25 hours into my EF and plan to end it Wednesday evening…but I’m flexible with that time. I have to listen more closely to my body…I am encouraged to hear of your success and wish you lots more!

(Beth) #72

This happens to me too, I would love to hear what works for others. Couple things I have tried for quick brain fuel that seem to help:
1-2 teaspoons of MCT oil (I keep a bottle in my desk drawer)
Or
About a gram of l-glutamine powder. My trainer told me to put it under my tongue & wash it down with water. I keep a small bottle in my work bag.
Oh yeah, plus the old standby of caffeine, but I have really tried to cut back on that. I abused it in my sugar days.

(Rick) #73

Well good folks - time for more fasting. Hoping to make it to Sunday night, hope to obliterate the plateau I’ve been haunting for a month. Hope to report good news in about 6 days!!! :smile:

(Doodler for @KetoKailey) #74

Oh, I can’t! Tried matcha yesterday, but it’s also only good with cream! Back to coffee in my IF.

Gee, that was a short break :laughing:.

On other news, I’ve been good. No thoughts of cheating on keto or finding loopholes.

(KCKO, KCFO) #75

Only time I got brain fog was when I thought I was taking in enough sodium but wasn’t. I started keeping pink salt nearby and putting some under my tongue throughout the day. I was a salt addict not a sugar addict in my former life, I bought into salt is bad for you. Not anymore, now I just keep eating pink salt til I feel fine.

I don’t get the brain fog. Instead I get a kind of mild euphoria. It is enhanced during light to moderate exercise. It was even stronger when I was doing the 36 hour fasts.

(Ethan) #77

I’m 46 hours through my first fast of November, a 120-hour extended fast. I’m struggling though this time with work and headaches. My wife is out of town this week, so I am taking care of my son and managing the house as well. To make it worse, I injured my back putting on my belt yesterday morning. I guess I had lost too much weight and strained myself trying to pull enough fo the belt through? weird…

(Donna ) #78

Coming off a difficult week (or maybe I’m still in the midst of another difficult week?) because last Wednesday I had my yearly physical and I got the flu shot.

Well, it’s either the flu shot or I picked up a virus at the doctor’s office, because by Thursday afternoon I was feeling a little sick and headachey, and by Friday evening had a sore throat. My husband had bought tickets to a local concert, but I stayed home with my sore throat and he went by himself. On Saturday the body aches and severe headaches started. (My 21 yr. old son also has had the same symptoms, he missed work on Saturday.)

I fasted 20 hours and drank hot green tea. On Sunday, I had to stay home and miss my 17 yr old son playing at a jazz brunch (I never, EVER miss when my son is performing!) so you know I felt bad.

I thought I was on the mend yesterday (Monday) as the body aches have stopped, so I had a NY strip steak and enjoyed it. But, my nose is dripping and burning. :frowning: It’s Tuesday morning, headache and burning sinuses are back so I’ve taken a Sudafed. My 21 yr old son was feeling better last night. I hope he’s better today.

I haven’t been able to go walking. My face looks puffy, my eye bags have bags. I’m kinda bummed, but what else to do but wait it out and KCKO? I thought about trying to do a long fast, but I feel bad and part of me just wants to curl up with some BPC (so I did.) I’ll play it by ear for the rest of the day. There’s no keto food in the house except eggs. If I can do a 36-48 hour fast, I will. But, if not, oh well.

If I felt well enough, I’d make some chicken soup. But, I’m the only one that cooks.

In it for life. Keto on.

(What The Fast?!) #79

I’m going for a 120 hour fast as well - my longest has been 96 hours so far! I’m 61 hours in right now.

(Ethan) #80

I do two 120-hour fasts a month, but this one has been tough with all the stress. I am pushing through it though, thinking about whether to break it with a bison ribeye or bison kansas city steak.