November IF/EF chat, all welcome!

Trying, OK, I can try :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

And, FBG is currently 118 and the AT6000 breathalyzer reads at 0.02 this morning…interesting.

(Anne Carroll Ezzelle) #22

Hi I am new to Keto. After deciding that I was not going to enter my 5Os unhealthy I started eating “healthy” and was riding my new road bike like crazy burning 400-700 calories a ride about 4 Times a week for about four months with only dropping about 4 pounds… went to my dr and sent me to nutritionist and started reading realizing sneaky healthy grains may be my weight killer. Blood work revealed I was in high side of normal for A1C and was having some other signs of insulin resistance. Decided if there was diet that said I could have butter and whole cream and guacamole then it sounds too good to be true!! I have been eating keto for a month and felt better by day two. Cravings gone, mood is more mellow and my 2-4 pm “hangry” is nonexistent. I am still little obsessed with HWC coffee but have noticed overall consumption of caffeine is way down. I blew away Dr and Nutritionist by dropping 12 pounds after 2.5 weeks on keto. My family eats keto dinners now and they don’t even know it and eat it all up!! Only problem I am having is when I go do some high intensity interval training at a bike studio I literally run out of gas and can’t continue. I try to eat some carb before but scared of knocking myself backwards in my progess. I can go for long and slower paced bike rides with tons of stamina however. Rode 50 Miles last Saturday with no carbs. So trying to find the balance! Hoping to lose another 40 pounds! Glad I found such great resources in your posts here! M

(Doodler for @KetoKailey) #23

Good morning, beautiful people! Happy Friday!

HIIT training for 30+ minutes before 6PM. This is only my 2nd day working out, and LIVED TO TELL :rofl::rofl::rofl:.

Fifth week on this WOE, and so far so good. Down a pant size.

Testing my carb limits last night, and on top of my daily 100g of raspberries, had 100g of green mangoes. Then 16oz of fresh coconut water. STAYED IN KETOSIS (tested 8 hours later). Next time though, will do either or, but not all.

How is your day going?

OK, I’m not trying to be obnoxious, but I decided to test my blood ketones (found I still had five strips left, yahoo!) and see what FBG is now at 0930 to compare with both blood ketones AND the AT6000 breathalyzer.

So, at 0930; FBG = 100
Blood Ketones w/ Nova Max = 1.2
AT 6000 Breathalyzer = 0.02

This leads me to believe, and I think I saw this correlation from @KetoLikeaLady as well, that when I am in a light nutritional ketosis (0.6) that the AT6000 may show nothing, nada, 0.0

Here’s to a nice EF, as stated earlier, I will try for Sunday night, but take it as it comes. I will be very busy and that always makes it easier :grin:

Hi @Anne_Carroll_Ezzelle glad to have you here :slight_smile: I wonder, when you mention trying to eat some carbs before HIIT, maybe you are going overboard there? You can also over-train and spike cortisol, stressing your body and not be healing or losing weight like you may hope to. This is usually a great way to see some immediate changes, the keto WOE that is, but it seems that after the first month or so of “amazing results” most (especially women) find that things slow down as the body has so much to adjust to and heal, etc.
Anyway, keep calm and keto on (KCKO) and you’ll have great support and resources here at the forums.

(Doodler for @KetoKailey) #25

Welcome to the forum @Anne_Carroll_Ezzelle! I was so worried I will run out of gas first day doing Les Mills Combat. 47-year old here!

@Helewisa, never obnoxious!

(Liz ) #26

Good morning from unseasonably warm New England! So great to catch up with what everyone is doing with fasting and feasting. Thanks for posting!

So far I’ve only regained a pound from my 72 hr fast that ended Wed at lunch and I am pleased. I’m very close to going down into the 160s (I’m 5’8"). I can’t remember the last time I was 160. High school? I probably thought I was fat. Ugh. Here I am now, though, older and so much wiser.

@Anne_Carroll_Ezzelle Welcome! There are a lot of threads about “bonking” (suddenly running out of energy while exercising) probably in the exercise section? There are reasons why and things you can do, but some of it is just time. Waiting until you are further into this lifestyle and your body adjusts to its new fuel, I believe. I’m not an expert on that, lol I am so sedentary!!

(Doodler for @KetoKailey) #27

Happy Saturday! Last meal was at 5PM last night. Almost 10AM here west coast.

Traded BPC with :tea: matcha. Will report back tomorrow.

How are you all doing?

(Donna ) #28

I don’t like coffee anymore. :coffee: :woman_shrugging:t2:

I can’t make myself drink black coffee anymore, even cold brew.

I waited until my eating window today and poured in cream and two drops of EZSweetz (which I have given up) and took two sips and dumped the cup into the sink. I don’t like it. I have been a coffee addict for years!

What gives?! I guess I’ll do green tea or actually do water fasts, now.

(Regina M.) #29

Hi, everyone. I’m on my fourth day of what I hope will be a 21 day fast. I’ve never gone longer than 6 days before. During last fast my sleep got so disordered that I stopped at 3 days. So far this time has been a breeze. No hunger, even when cooking for my family. I’ve been sleeping at least 7 hours every night. I worked out yesterday and felt weaker, but I was actually stronger.

(Doodler for @KetoKailey) #30

Past midnight here in CA, and I still have so much energy! Been salsa dancing in my kitchen, LOL.

Anyhow, wishing you all a wonderful week ahead!

KCKO :facepunch:!

Sorry, Rick…I caved yesterday while with family at the Roundabout Diner in Portsmouth, NH! The waitress even procured foil-wrapped butter and HWC. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

If it’s any consolation, I’ve been fasting since 630 PM last night :wink:

Side note: I didn’t have much cheese yesterday AND I also stopped eating by 630PM ( I just remembered that there was some cheese…) blue cheese and a bit of feta on 2 small salads. Otherwise much less cheese than I usually like to consume. Lo, and behold I had a higher reading on this morning’s AT6000. It was 0.03 and FBG was 92, which is lower for me. So, I think I will try the cheese test first, and have plenty of cheese in my eating window (probably 3-6:30 tonight) and see what happens tomorrow morning. God willing, all will be wonderful after a cheese fest!

And if so, @azviking, I hope your fasting went well and that your feeling superb! I’ll get back to an EF this week…say Monday to Wednesday?

(Rick) #32

I was considering a repeat of this week; Thurs to Sun. Now that I think I’ve solved my headache issues it is MUCH easier. And I would say there is nothing to be sorry about, you had a successful fast! :smile:

(Doodler for @KetoKailey) #33

You go, @azviking!

For me, trying to go :tea: for two days in lieu of BPC.

Boys and Girls, please send good thoughts. Trying to cool off with HWC a bit. Our relationship is too intense, LOL.

(Donna ) #34

9AA6D92D-E34E-40F4-B8E7-D10DA7EAD256

Sorry, I can’t ever pass up a Ryan Gosling meme opportunity. LOL

(What The Fast?!) #35

Hi all!! I’m joining the fasting talk! I’ve done a couple 3 day fasts this month and I’m 24 hours into a 5 day fast. 4 days is my personal best so wish me luck!

EF seems to be the only thing that will move the needle so I’m basically fasting as long as possible, refeeding with one or two meals and then diving right back into a fast. I haven’t been able to keep the fasted losses off yet, but I THINK my weight is starting to trend down.

(Doodler for @KetoKailey) #36

LOL, @PugsDigMusic! Thanks for the laughs :laughing:.

@KetoLikeaLady, cheering you on! The needle is not moving for me either, but I feel slimmer, and I swear, the mirrors at Lens Crafters were cheats. They are selling something, right? But Mr. Darcy said the mirrors were honest. On that note Andrea, I hope you’re feeling great inspite of the needle issue :facepunch:.

(What The Fast?!) #37

After 7 months, it’s a little hard not be frustrated but at the very least, it’s good to know that I’m starting to get SUPER deep in ketosis from fasting. :slight_smile:

(Allie) #38

Why oh why did I drift into fasting just as the weather turned cold… ?? :snowflake:
Hot black coffee needed…

You give me a lump in my throat. :bouquet: I am a true sugar and carb addict. Hence I cannot cave in. Turn the clock back 15 years I was 289lbs. I know that holidays come & go ~ I have to let them go. My priority after loved ones, is being well in mind & body. It is easier to be 100% Keto than 99%. Changing things around a little within Keto is beneficial. I promise to be honest and report in when things go astray as I know being imperfect, they will ~ but I am on a mission 190.2lbs aiming at 170lbs. We can all do this, sometimes we take much longer than others.

Time for another EF here too. After last night, I’m hopeful that I can get through an EF until Wednesday EARLY evening (5-6 pm).

Ah yes, last night I ate a bit later than I intended and stopped at about 8 PM (OK, that’s a lot later than I intended). I had about 2 oz cheddar and quite a bit of mascarpone, and an oz of cream cheese. The cheese experiment was rocked by the late consumption thereof, so another n=1 experiment will be required. I wonder…did I sabotage that experiment on purpose?

And after all of that the AT6000 shows 0.02 this morning and FBG was 103 at 0630 and now, an hour later the FBG is 83. Am I wrong, or does that scream “hyperinsulinemic response!”?

Well, I am so, so glad that all of you are here and @joanna thank you for your courage and reminders of the holiday carb gauntlet. Health and peace of mind can be robbed by the false idea that “cheating” is somehow good or fun. Not much different than “spoiling” a child. Does anyone like spoiled meat? I will resist the pied piper as well.
KCKO when not fasting of course! :smiley: