November IF/EF chat, all welcome!

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #202

I’m more than twice your size and there are some (most) days I don’t even eat 1000cal’s. But I’m also dropping weight like a hot frying pan.

(Mark Rhodes) #203

I was listening to megan Ramos who said while fasting AND working out she stayed the same weight but dropped multiple sizes in shorts in a matter of months. I experience this like this. October 5 day fast. 208 start. 196 finish. 5 days later 212 but I felt and looked leaner. Shirts did not cling to mid section. Last week. 5 day fast. start 208, finish 198. as of this morning 202.1. Now when I end a fast I time mine to end with some crushing workouts and then using that HGH high I supply ample amounts of BCAA, steak and veggies. I really eat. 5500 that first eating day. The next two 1800 and 1950. My BMR is calculated at 2600 but that thing is all over. I can feel my temperature climb if I eat too much. Now I am either doing two things with my goals. Lose fat OR gain muscle but not lose fat. either works for me. I think I am doing both though and my dexascan on December 12th will tell the tale.

(Liz ) #204

Really interesting data, thank you! I have not been exercising and I am staying the same size. I really need to incorporate some of those resistance workouts where you do pushups, squats, and pullups to failure. It’s part of my New Year’s resolution, which I am actually pretty good at following through on :smile:

(Donna ) #205

I’m on Day 6 of my Zorn Fast and looking for things to do to fill my time and not think about food. So, today I went to Ulta and bought some new makeup. I figure with all the money I’m saving by not eating, I deserve to spend a little on something else for myself. I think I got some good stuff and look forward to doing my makeup tomorrow.

After Ulta, I went to the grocery store to buy all the ingredients to cook Thanksgiving dinner. It didn’t bother me to be in there, I didn’t notice any tempting food smells and it didn’t trigger any cravings. Yay!

I’m at an all-time (since I gained weight) low on the scale. I know some of the weight will come back when I refeed, but I’m hoping to maintain at least half of the fasting loss.
I’ll see how I feel after Thanksgiving and if I’m up for anything longer than 20 hours.

Very interested to hear about your results! I’d love to have one, but must travel at least 150 miles and not sure if I can get one “just because I want it”, not to mention it may be rather costly.

Lifting/strength training is something I really enjoy, but just don’t find the time to do as often as I wish. I’ve started up again about 2.5 weeks ago and I’m trying the super slow lifts, FUN!

I love it when this happens, I hope you can keep some of your fasting weight loss too :slight_smile: I never seem to lose ANY weight fasting.

I feel so full after my "refeed and I’m already looking forward to another fast starting tomorrow evening.

(Dawn) #207

Love this calculator. I have lost 20% of my body weight so far. YES!!! The more you know, the more you can be motivated and inspired. Thanks @collaroygal

(Mark Rhodes) #208

Liz- Look into resistance bands. You could buy a set on Amazon for under $20. These are compact and can very effectively add to body weight exercises.

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #209

Well, I’m sitting here 62 hours into my fast and I’m searching for recipes…I gotta stop.

(Keto Travels) #210

When I did long fasts in the past, I ended up reading every cookbook in the house … funny memories! :laughing:

(Dawn) #211

I am a huge football fan. I was just watching some of the game highlights from last weekend and saw an interview with a few football players. They mentioned that they were fasting between games in order to maximize their health, performance and facilitate healing. WOW!!! I guess the word is spreading? Have athletes always used fasting and I am just now realizing it or is this a new phenomenon?

(Liz ) #212

Thank you, I will!

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #213

Sitting at 70 hours and ready to end it. I can make it two more hours.

(KCKO, KCFO) #214

Why, I’m always looking for a good keto recipe to break my fasting. You can’t eat a web page very easily :laughing:

(Doodler for @KetoKailey) #215

Hello, my fast family :grin:. A bit of account change, but still me.

Wishing you all a wonderful Thanksgiving! I’m not even a bit worried! I know in my heart we will all behave :grin::two_hearts:!

KCKO

(Dawn Comber) #216

Your hard work is paying off! Congratulations.

Thank you! I feel like there may be a light at the end of the tunnel. Finally!

Hey y’all! Just jumping in after a long break. Don’t worry, I’m still keto, but I haven’t done much IFing except the kind that comes so naturally on keto – like 16-8.

But I’d like to start on some longer fasts again. Got off kilter when the NorCal fires hit, along with tons of work.

So now I’m back here ready to rock n roll again.

Now to scroll up and read what you all have been posting!

Decided to take today off and get a nice 36hr Fast in before Thanksgiving Dinner.

Also, excited to see my BMI has dropped down to the Overweight category. I am no longer Obese!!! :tada::grin:

(KCKO, KCFO) #220

Big Congrats on crossing that line. Yea, YOU.

It can happen! I was surprised too. Everyone is different, it is worth testing it! Wouldn’t it be nice to have a little more freedom and variety in the food choices? We still have a lot to learn about nutrition, and as we do learn, this is a legit area for n=1.

In the meantime, I kind of accidentally fell into doing a 36 hour fast today, and since I had a doctor appt I asked her if I could get my fasting insulin tested, so I will be interested to get another number to add to my data for insulin. When I got home, I tested blood ketones, and they are 1.1, which is pretty good for me! I am feeling the energy and mental clarity too, which is awesome (esp. since I need to study chemistry this eve). I checked my glucose at the time and it was 135. For me, a good number, and especially great since I have been staying in the 100s… even for the morning number the past two days!

Favorite November fasting activity - I’m not feeding myself, so I enjoy feeding the fire. :heart_eyes: