November 2019 - IF/EF Chat Thread (All Welcome)

fasting

(Susan) #121

Congrats on the 62 hour Fast, Janie =).

(Susan) #122

Congrats on 92 hours so far, Susan, that is great =).

(back and doublin' down) #123

93.5 hours! My longest fast ever! I was getting a bit jittery. Was that because I knew I was going to eat or would that have passed?

So far, ok with digestive track. A little grumbling.

@Janie - WTG! @Momof5 from one Susan to another, Thank you for your great support!

and, Iā€™m so glad to be plugged back into this community. Realizing this interaction is a ā€œleverā€ (from someoneā€™s amazing post on stalls) to staying on track. :slight_smile:

Way to go! Be proud of yourself! Quite an accomplishment. :slight_smile:

(Susan) #125

Congratulations!! That is fantastic =).

55 hours done, 21 left to go!

Still havenā€™t felt the need for ketoaid. Iā€™ve felt great today. Blood glucose numbers going in the right direction. Iā€™ve lost 4.2 pounds so far. I plan to break my fast in a similar way as last time - ACV, sauerkraut, bone broth the first few hours then a soup of rotisserie chicken in bone broth with spinach and mushrooms, maybe drop an egg in like egg drop soup. then Saturday Iā€™m heading out for another big first date so Iā€™ll likely have a steak and vegetables there.

(back and doublin' down) #127

ooo lala ~ what a great treat to focus on for these last 21 hours. Youā€™ve got this!!

Done TMAD the past two days, coming out of the woods at mid-day, grabbing a bite to eat and back to the woods for the evening. So will probably skip tomorrow, and since Iā€™m actually going in to work on Saturday to train the remainder of the Snow Contractors, I will either eat Saturday evening, or Sunday morning. So should end up being a 2 or 3 day, along with the 2 day I did earlier in the week.

(Jane) #129

Broke right at 72 hours and only minor refeeding issues. Not diarrhea but a bit of cramping and urgency this morning, which is why - as much as I would love to extend another 12 hours to get that immune builder icon on LIFE :laughing: - I canā€™t afford that on a 7-hr drive home.

Lots of gurgling this morning as I have woken my digestive tract back up but so far ok and no hunger yet. Wonā€™t be heading home until noon.

(John) #130

Fasting Friday again. This seems to be working out well for me - a 36(ish) hour fast once a week.

(Susan) #131

I hope that this one is more successful than the last one only lasting 2 dates. You are an awesome, beautiful lady, you deserve a really terrific guy. Your son must have thought you looked amazing when you visited him as well I am sure. Congrats on the 55 hours so far and best wishes for the remaining 21 (I know you will make it, as you are really good at your fasting). Have a great time on Saturday and keep us posted -maybe can update on your other date thread =).

(Susan) #132

That is great, Dave. I hope that your sinus issues have cleared up =).

(Susan) #133

@Janie
Congrats on your successful 72 hours, Janie, that is great =).

@JohnH

That is great that you have found a good fasting routine that is working for you =).

I just broke my fast at my 76-hour goal. I felt great up until the last hour. Stomach started yelling at me suddenly! Broke with my usual quick fix of sauerkraut and apple cider vinegar. I made a Reuben Casserole and had a few spoonfuls of that about a half hour later. Iā€™ll wait another hour or two and have half an avocado, pickles, and a poached egg. if all goes well tonight Iā€™ll start tomorrow as I normally would.

In the three days, I lost 6 pounds.
My daily average BG went from 87 to 79.
I thankfully had a pretty easy time of it. Being fat adapted is the bees knees!

Thank you Susan! Iā€™ll find someone when itā€™s right. Iā€™m happy regardless so a really terrific guy would just be icing on the cake!

(back and doublin' down) #135

Good for you and excellent results as well! Your fast breaking food choices made me smile, but canā€™t for the life of me think of breaking my fast with the sameā€¦LOL

I donā€™t know exactly how much I lost on my 93 hr fast. I do know that yesterday I weighted 203, and this morning 203.6. Not bad for having eaten two meals. Had lunch and will do dinner tonight, then another 40-42 hour fast until Sunday. Not going to be where I can prepare or take food, so easier just to fast and drink water.

Haha! I know. Everyone is so different!
I came up with my refeed menu based on a little research about how to reacclimate the GI system and stomach lining while not immediately messing up some of the good from fasting. I have no clue how valid it all was but i used it after my last 5-day fast and had zero GI problems afterwards. I had GI issues with all my prior fasts so I came to trust my new plan. Todayā€™s meal plan was pretty much the same but sped up, with less time for refeeding.

(back and doublin' down) #137

Thatā€™s some good info! I do love sauerkraut and experienced some grumbling after this long fast, so maybe Iā€™ll give it a go. But can I do the sauerkraut without the brats?

(Jane Srygley) #138

I tried for 29 hours yesterday and stopped at 18. I thought Iā€™d be really disappointed in myself, but honestly, I felt like I made the right callā€¦ like maybe over 24 is really pushing myself harder than Iā€™m ready for right now. I think I can do 18 a few times per week for now and then work up to longer fasts later, so thatā€™s my plan. For now. :slight_smile:

I actually have it plain first and later with sausage or corned beef of some sort. But you could probably substitute some other protein. Itā€™s just my way of introducing a little protein and animal fat.

Good luck with it! Maybe you will feel you are ready for more and just skip a mealā€¦
I actually never did a planned fast except my 120 hour one decades ago. I just felt no hunger and appetite on some days and things went well. But on other days, I just ate a bit later than usual and it was tough. Maybe you can do 29 hours already just not yesterday. But working up to longer fasts is generally a good idea.