November 2019 - IF/EF Chat Thread (All Welcome)

fasting

(Failed) #101

I was starving and I have to go to bed and I knew I wouldn’t sleep so I broke my fast with some yogurt. I made it 76 hours.

(Jane) #102

76 hours is awesome!

(Susan) #103

Congrats on 76 hours Fasting, Dee =).

(back and doublin' down) #104

Way to go! How are you feeling?

Do you use an iPhone? If so, there is a way to set up your screen so a double tap zooms/enlarges the entire screen to see it better. I’m happy to walk you through the setting.

(Failed) #106

I feel good, thanks for asking. I’m disappointed that I didn’t lose any weight, but maybe that will happen as I feast today.

This time doing an EF, I only supplemented potassium rather than salt (except for a few swigs of pickle juice). I always take 499 mg of magnesium every day, fasting or not-that didn’t change. I didn’t get the diarrhea from EF or refeeding that I have gotten previous times.

(Failed) #107

I do have an iPhone, but I now know how to do a full screen zoom on my iPad which allows me to see the LIFE screen, so I’m all set. Hopefully, the developers will make it viewable in landscape mode though. It’s annoying when an app only displays in portrait.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #108

Go Dee.

I’m about 43 hours in and have 33 to go. I had a dull, mild headache for a few hours yesterday but otherwise have felt great.

I’m not supplementing with Ketoaid this time. I automatically added it in from the beginning during my last 5-day fast and thought maybe I’d wait this time to see if I experience any symptoms signaling I need it.

I hope you all have an easy day of fasting or refeeding!

Terrific! I’m glad you’re able to see it better now.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #110

That is the strangest trigger so for. You have this Janie.

(Jane) #111

62 hours in - 10 to go. I love Day 3 of fasting! No hunger, empty feeling, a feeling of success. It’s weird when your entire digestive tract becomes so “quiet”.

(Failed) #112

Good for you! KCKO

(Failed) #113

Yay! Big thumbs up!

(back and doublin' down) #114

Have had a little of this in the last 18 hours or so. And that’s new from previous EFs, which I haven’t done any in almost a year. My body has changed alot since then. So Im rethinking that refeed at noon at Work. Will just have to play it by ear. If the day is as stressful as I’m expecting, will not want to push thru to evening. decisions, decisions

My body has reacted very differently to this EF. A little headache yesterday, heartburn last night. WTH did that come from? It passed when I took my magnesium. Salt took care of the headache. I take potassium every day to soothe my anxious PCP.

Gotta love it! That alone is making it hard to think about refeeding. You’ve got this, enjoy your last 10 hours!

(Failed) #115

I take that back. I did lose weight-I was going by the weight I wanted to be at at the end of this fast, duh! I lost 4 lbs / 1.81 kg in a little over 3 days.

Who! That’s great! That’s like finding money in an old winter coat! (Actually, way better than that.)

Congrats for everyone, you do so well.
I messed up my sleep and had to break my fast early despite I planned a longer one so nicely. Even fat fast wasn’t a good option, I had to make me feel alive again. But I didn’t do very bad, nice meal for my goals.

I am in ketosis, it seems. I woke with muscle cramps. Oh right, I forgot about magnesium lately and it’s bad when I restart keto. Ketosis comes with cramps then, always. Out of keto, never.

I don’t know how sensitive people are, the next paragraph is about food and getting joy from it but without food names (and without actually eating them).
I like reading and talking about food when I fast (it’s only bad for me when I am too full because I drank a lot of water after a meal), smells usually doesn’t bother me but I’m typically perfectly satiated in the first 24-26 hours and rarely fast longer. But I cook every day and I remember it wasn’t a problem when I skipped my only meal. Cooking has some effect but only if I would get hungry soon anyway. Cooking and baking is great for… unnecessary snack desires? When I am a bit too addicted to food and want food joy points. I’m not hungry, I have no appetite, I just want some food. So I get it without eating. I need to cook and bake anyway, carby things too, not for myself but I can enjoy making it.
If I am a bit hungry, cooking is a two edged sword. I get busy, I am involved with food but I might get hungrier and temptation appears. I like to cook right before I eat, waiting a bit is doable when I’m serious. If not, I just break my fast an hour early, doesn’t matter.

(Jane) #118

65 hours in and last blood readings for this fast. Very happy with my numbers :slightly_smiling_face:

BG: 67
BK: 5.2
GKI: 0.72
Boz: 13

I can’t decide whether to break my fast with BBQ or a salad with lots of prtein and a grilled avocado half from a local salad bar. I think I will do both and save the leftovers for my drive home tomorrow.

(back and doublin' down) #119

This is always my biggest worry about fasting, how to stop! Good luck!

I just hit 91 hours, 2 hours to my self imposed stopping point. Have some beef broth, a few shirataki mushrooms and some precooked ground beef to warm up for lunch. My digestive system’s been jacked for the last day or so, can’t see a little lunch making it any worse. Going to eat today, tomorrow, and then fast on Saturday because I’ll be trail riding with my son and family, easier to just not eat than have to think about having the ‘right stuff’ alone.

(Jane) #120

Congrats on your long fast! I hope your break is easy on your digestve tract.