November 2019 - IF/EF Chat Thread (All Welcome)

fasting

(back and doublin' down) #201

It’s with longer fasts that I have to be careful, both of digestive and refeeding issues. However, it did work out extremely well to keep busy at work. I ate salt every two hours and drank alot of hot tea!

Punched through the evening, did a super early bedtime cause y’all are right, sleeping hours are like free fasting hours. At 60 hours right now, and will break this fast in three or four hours for TMAD today and tomorrow, then back to another 42 hr fast.

Best news - into Onederland! I know the weight will go back over 200 when I eat this weekend, but each fast has showed a significant drop. I’m going to update my accountability thread.

Over the past few weeks of regular fasting, I’ve noticed a trend in my heart rate. My sleep app prompts me to take my heart rate every morning. On mornings where I have fasted 24 hrs or more, my heart rate is lower by 10+ beats a minute.

(Mame) #202

fasting extending into Saturday for me. Will not eat until I return home from presentation this afternoon

36h and bg=77, bk=3.6, gki=1.1

I hope everyone is having a great weekend so far!

(John) #203

Past the 37 hour mark now for my “Fasting Friday.” Not really hungry at the moment so just going with it for now.

(Mame) #204

work/presentation done and broke fast at 42 hours with ( steak, broc/cheese soup 100% choc, macadamias and hollandaise sauce)
blood measurements very pretty at the end :star_struck: => bg=70, bk=4.2, gki = .93

I am planning on a meal-less Monday say 36h but for now feeding. I would love to sneak into a adf routine that works for me. But I need to be better at ignoring food when I am home.

kcko all.

(Jane) #205

Excellent numbers!

(John) #206

Broke it with an early dinner/ late lunch around 4 pm. So around 42 hours.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #207

Started a ~48 hr fast after early dinner tonight. I’m looking forward to the empty feeling.

(back and doublin' down) #208

@daddyoh right behind you! Preparing a high protein & fat dinner, then into 42hr fast to start my week of three fasting days. In between meals planned. Removing reasons to think about food. Instead, will focus on a new book, Art Before Breakfast and expand creativity for something else to focus on.

(Mame) #209

I am with you both for meal-less Monday!

I started at 6pm right after having duck for dinner! yum. and a little olives, celery and cabbage
My goal is to go 36 hours. Which is 6 am Tuesday morning and the idea that I would eat at that time is pretty laughable, so it will probably end up being at least 40 hours.

Here we go soaring to success (sorry I am in a totally goofy mood today) :smiley:

I will check in tomorrow with my blood measurements at some point. It’s a full day at work which is good and distracting.

I’m thinking the very same folks. Was thinking during dinner that I just want to get away from foods for a while so started mine 3 hrs. ago. I’ve been doing quite a bit here lately, so a bit sore at the moment. But I split some wood today for a few hours, while my son stacked it. But yesterday hiked into the new area I have for hunting just to check it out and ended up packing in with about 40-45 lbs. on my back with my larger stand with backpack attached. So after trimming some tree branches for shooting lanes I enjoyed a few hours sitting back and it would have been great if not for the howling winds! This whole weekend was calling for heavy winds, which I hate, but hoping next weekend will be better. :slight_smile: :+1:

Happy Fasting Folks…

(back and doublin' down) #211

Good Morning! 12 hours in, and feel like everything I ate over the past two days is still in my stomach. and the scale shows it :frowning: Maybe my digestion is just that flippin’ slow and I should consider OMAD on the feasting days this week?

Grateful for today being a fasting day. Will be debating tomorrow’s feasting plan in my head all day.

This is the feeling I hate most. - I do understand, or should say believe, that I normally hold onto foods longer than most/some?.. (I don’t believe my metabolism/digestive system works fast at all, never has) I find that Fasting definitely helps with this feeling though by having those meal-less days in between, allowing for it to not continue feeling this way or even building up even more. - I almost see Fasting as simply digestive time, allowing my system to work on what’s already in there and not be overwhelmed by me continuing to keep adding in new stuff. … Similarly to snakes, where it can take them 3 or 4 days to digest a smaller meal, and a week or week and a half for larger meals? They can indeed eat more, but are usually good with just a couple feedings a week, depending on the size of those meals. :slight_smile:

Presently at 18.5 hrs. and feeling just fine…

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #213

19.5 hrs in and doing great. The stomach was growling all morning but not hungry. It has settled down now. BG 90 mg/dl so a little higher than I would like. Tomorrow AM should be lower.

(back and doublin' down) #214

This! When I broke my fast Saturday (ended up going 60+ hrs), the sauerkraut seemed to go straight through, which makes me think I digest stuff quick. But, even with a little ‘overdose’ of magnesium, I still feel sluggish. ugh. I made fathead pizza Saturday. Now wondering if it’s the almond flour my body doesn’t like, or do I just need to accept that my digestive system is set to slow speed? Going to go carnivore for the two feasting days this week and see if the sluggish full feeling continues. Keto and Fasting may both be ways of life now.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #215

26+ hours and BG of 82 mg/dL. Today was pretty easy. Hunger pains were brief. I hope tomorrow is easy also. I will break at 5 pm or so tomorrow.

(Mame) #216

It was a day! but I managed to hold onto my fast although the hunger waves got pretty intense. Currently at 26.5 hours. Will certainly go to 36h and anything over that is gravy. :slight_smile:
BG=82, BK=3.1, gki=1.47

I too have a very sluggish digestion. In fact I woke up today feeling quite light and felt more and more bloated as I went through the day. Inflammation? stress?

Anyway I will be glad to wrap this up tomorrow and I am cheering us all on!

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #217

34.5 hrs. BG 104 mg/dl because of a rough sleep. Was extremely cold and tossed and turned a lot. Going to push through to this afternoon for ~47 hrs. I’ll test BG late in the afternoon and see where it lands.

Happy Tuesday all.

Glad to hear things are going well for everyone. :+1: I’m presently at 38 hrs. myself and feeling fine. - V asked if I was eating tonight, but told her I wasn’t sure. Told her to just make whatever and I will just play it by ear & see how I feel later when I get off work. I usually don’t get hungry, even whilst Fasting, but my stomach was making some sounds last night which was nice. Let’s me know things are at least moving about in there, but I haven’t been getting much of this as of late either so it’s nice. :slight_smile:

(back and doublin' down) #219

Good Morning Fellow Fasters (or afternoon…depending on time zone). Almost to 37 hrs and will for sure make it to 42. This 42 hr thing was easier this time, and woke with that empty yet not hungry feeling.

Have been thinking about this slow digestion thing. Pondering a theory based on several decades (at least 20 years) of living in almost constant fight or flight mode. Maybe my gut doesn’t know yet that we aren’t stuck in that mode anymore? Another level of healing? Considering a change to my meditation practice, shorter moments strategic throughout day, communicating with my gut.

(Jane Srygley) #220

I like that idea! I’m doing some deep breathing in response to my hunger pangs today, plus a lot of self-talk. When I’m home, I fast “clean” with only water, black coffee, etc., but at work, I allow myself some “training wheels” because it’s a lot harder to fast when I start getting stressed… and work is stressful for me. So lots of deep breathing today and trying to go as long as I can “clean,” so I tell myself that I can use my training wheels (cream in my coffee, sweetener in my tea and sugar free gum) if I need to. I’m currently on hour 13 and have 6 more to go.

I really struggle with hunger pangs. I have an emotional reaction to them that is a mix of anxiety, sadness and a feeling of deprivation that I think harks back to my childhood. I was put on my first diet at age 3 and was overweight since infancy, so it’s been an endless parade of diets ever since that, for lack of a better term, have seriously f***ked with my head and with my emotions surrounding food. I’m actually really proud of myself for working the first 4 hours of my day while “clean” fasting!

Best of luck to everyone! KCFO!!! :heart: