November 2019 - IF/EF Chat Thread (All Welcome)

fasting

(Susan) #181

Congratulations Jane!! Way to go =).

Congrats to everyone that has been fasting all month =).

My 3 -44 hour fasts a week have been going well too =).

(Failed) #182

Thatā€™s great, congratulations!

(Failed) #183

I ended my 42 hr fast at 47 hrs & 12 mins.

(Susan) #184

Awesome, congrats Dee =). How did your hubby do with his?

(Failed) #185

He did great, broke his fast at noon today so he did his 42 hours.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #186

Dopamine Fast, Iā€™m doing this, see ya when I see ya! :cowboy_hat_face:

(Carol) #187

After reading the dopamine fast, I wasnā€™t sure if I should post or stop and cancel my internet service. :rofl:

Just popping in to say HI to my fellow fasters. Iā€™ve been mia for a bit trying to catch up on so many things. I did just complete a clean, pre-holiday 5 day fast. Itā€™s been a while since Iā€™ve done a clean EF and I have to admit, it was just a tad boring. Iā€™m at a surprisingly good weight for me now but like the fasting for continued health benefits. This thread is always encouraging. I have no problem telling people I eat keto but, when it comes to fasting, some people freak out. I now say Iā€™m cleansing and people think thatā€™s great. Weird.

Happy fasting everyone. :smile:

(Susan) #188

That is great, tell him grats from me as well =).

(Susan) #189

Congrats Carol =).

(Susan) #190

This is my kids, checking their Social feeds all the time! I tell them to block the people that are being a pain and annoying themā€¦ but no, they donā€™t listen, so annoying to me!

(back and doublin' down) #191

@Momof5 Iā€™m thinking this 42hr fast thing is working for me! Iā€™m at 35 hrs and this morning down to 200.2, down more than a pound from Sunday. Even knowing itā€™ll go back up when I eat, feels like a good direction.

Dilemma of the day: Following protocol would be breaking fast at 1pm. Lost my lunch hour today to accommodate a young client. And have a mountain of documentation to catch up on. Iā€™m feeling really good this morning, clear headed and energetic. Maybe I extend this fast to 48 hrs or 60+? Feast Sat & Sun, join the rhythm of you guys that are doing the 42 day fasts Mon/Wed/Fri? Iā€™m wanting to keep this pattern for four more weeks. Thanksgiving wonā€™t be a problem. My kids totally support my keto way of eating, so will make that meal friendly (and itā€™s on a feasting day). My timeline has to do with wanting to wear a new sweater dress (clingy, form showing) to the company holiday party on the 13th.

Hereā€™s to pushing through the day (at least) to 48. Will be checking in here every time I waiver.

Happy Fasting, Everyone ~ and feast like kings :slight_smile:

(Failed) #192

Well, he announced this morning heā€™s not gonna do another fast. He said he was too hungry on Wednesday and didnā€™t like the feeling.

Interesting read. - Bit long, but I can relate to what they were trying to conveyā€¦ Itā€™s similar to how I feel when Iā€™m hunting. (peaceful) Iā€™m not a phone person either, so Iā€™m not on there playing games or doing other stuff. So itā€™s just me watching nature around me and just enjoying the time. I donā€™t even like being on the phone or holding a phone to my head. (Usually just have it on speaker when I do have to use it) The most enjoyment I get from phones is basically listening to my Music on them. :smile: Which I do at most times everyday. Whether Iā€™m at work, home, in stores, etc. I have plenty of Music stored. :+1:

(John) #194

Doing my weekly Fasting Friday again. That seems to be working really well for me - about a 34 to 42 hour fast once a week.

(Susan) #195

That is great, Paendora, @monsterjuice (Ashley) and I are enjoying it as well. You can read our journeys with it on my Accountability thread if you are interested =).

I think with any plan, once in a while, if you have to make alterations here and there that is just Life --things happen, so donā€™t fret, just do what you need to do =). By example, Nov 4 was my birthday so I had an OMAD supper meal at 5pm -still totally Keto- but I did that.

(Susan) #196

Oh okay, well we all have to do what we are comfortable with =). At least he tried and completed one, so that is great.

(back and doublin' down) #197

I do! and from one Susan to another, Great thread and excellent progress!

Updated my Life app to go 63 hours. Iā€™m feeling good and typing away at the mountain of documentation, so going to utilize the fasting high :slight_smile:

(Mame) #198

I am at 22h of fasting Friday and wishing I could measure my GKI oh well it will have to wait a couple of hours until I am home.

Wishing all a fabulous (fasting) Friday.

at 23h fasted-- BG=73, BK=3.9, gki=1.025

whew that gives me the motivation to not eat tonight. (and also I am not hungry, so thereā€™s another reason)
I have to work/present tomorrow (which is very rare for me on a Saturday so I may not break fast until after I get home around 2pmā€¦that may be the safest :rofl:

(Susan) #199

Thanks you, we are all on a fabulous journey to long health and feeling amazing =). This forum really is a major blessing to me in this!

(Susan) #200

Congrats on your progress thus far; and yes, might be safest to wait until you are home for sure!