November 2018 IF / EF Chat ALL WELCOME

Presently at 86.5 hrs. and feeling great. … Starting to really get those tummy grumbles, but I actually don’t mind this and look forward to it. Really gives me that empty feeling I like. :slight_smile: (Plus, it does seem to lighten up and have less pressure on my Hernia , which is also a good thing) But that’s just a little added bonus.

(Alex ) #408

Wow, 86 hours!!!

How’s the rest of the body holding up in terms of lightheadedness, energy?

Feeling great all over. :slight_smile: I guess I’ve been lucky, but I don’t usually have any issues while fasting, at least nothing I can recall? … I generally can cruise through the work week (5 day), and don’t get any headaches, lightheaded, etc. … It’s been a while, but from time to time would get some leg cramping at night while fasting for 4 or 5 days. But I guess I’m keeping up with my Electrolytes ok, since this hasn’t happen in some time. - I do a Keto-Aide each morning no matter what, and a second one when I get home from work, whenever I’m fasting. This seems to be doing the trick for me. :slight_smile: … I also have a self-proposed limit of 5 day, or 120 hr. Fast, since I started Keto. But this is just something I decided a while back, and generally after 4-5 days, I start missing a good meal. Not from hunger itself, but simply a desire to eat a nice meal :slight_smile:

Thanks.

(Cailyn Mc Cauley) #410

I’m late this month --for FASTING!

Started last night by finishing my feast days with a good macro dinner. I’m preparing for knee surgery next week so will be fasting for 4 days. Wednesday at 7pm until Sunday the same.

My goal is to take advantage of the HGH high point at 72 hours and then coast for the additional 24 hours. Then I’ll go onto a liquid diet until I am off the post-surgery meds. yay! This will probably break my 8 month stall.

~Class of 2017 Kcko

(Bob M) #411

I’m on day 3.5+ (started Sunday night). I know Dr. Fung says it gets easier, but for me, it goes in waves. Finally had a good night of sleep last night (8 hours, got up at 5am instead of 4am), felt GREAT! when I got up. Now, I’m quite hungry. Give me an hour or so, and I’ll be OK. Trying for 4.5+ days (eat sometime Friday). I can’t make it through the weekend, have too many family things.

I’m beginning to get dizzy when I stand, too, which is another factor causing me to bail out after about 5 days.

Considering going to the gym tomorrow before I quit fasting. Not sure that’s a good idea, but we’ll see.

I’m out at 85 hours. It was a nice, easy fast. I wanted to go longer but suddenly this morning I felt kind of disconnected and a bit woozy. I’ve been proactive about salt and magnesium so I don’t think it was an electrolyte issue. This has been the feeling that often makes me break a fast, and at some point I’m going to experiment with pushing through/waiting it out but this is an intense and somewhat stressful work time for me and I need to feel good.

My happy points:

1. I sometimes supplement with fat and actually did that for the first day and a half of this fast, but then I was determined to just do tea/water and salt from yesterday on. I felt fine all day but by the evening my stomach was growling and I didn’t want that at my evening work event (think quiet tender moment on stage interrupted by loud gurglings :grimacing:), so I had a [spoiler]spoonful of mayo[/spoiler] beforehand. This probably seems like no big deal, but I tend to be all-or-nothing about things, so I’m proud of being willing to adjust my plan without completely throwing in the towel.

2. My breaking this morning was good, with none of the panicked “must eat everything in sight” that sometimes happens. I felt like it could have happened, but I just took a different route.

For everyone fasting today, I hope you have an awesome day!

Give it a shot, I’m sure it will let you know. I actually worked out on Monday night, both the treadmill for a while and then the Total-Gym for even more. And last night decided just to do some walking along, so spent about an hour or so on the treadmill. Felt great overall, with no issues. But just watch that dizziness you speak about. I’ve never felt that myself, or the light-headedness, etc. but have heard others mentions this before. Might be related to electrolytes being low? Not sure? But probably a sign for something to be watchful of. :slight_smile:

On day four! I’ve felt every single one of these fasting days. Looking forward to when fasting is effortless. So far I’ve not been one of those keto peoole who has no appetite after a certain point.I always feel like I could eat! Fasting weight loss ( i know most is water) so far for these 4 days is -7.5 lbs!

Well, coming up on 96 hrs. here a few minutes. … But not hungry at all and no issues still, so think I will just go ahead and wait until tomorrow night and make it an even 120 hr Fast. Plus I need to break tomorrow in case we do something over the weekend. So it’s been a pretty good week. :slight_smile:

(Laurie) #416

Thank you, @ctviggen. I’m not the person I was 3 years ago either. Exercise is a priority for me–for knee rehab and other reasons–so I’m not thinking about doing longer fasts at the moment.

Feeling a bit hungry, and already looking forward to breaking fast tomorrow evening. I shouldn’t have eaten those almonds last night. (Midnight munchies are a longstanding habit.) It’s 9 pm; maybe I’ll just go to bed soon and read. Tomorrow will be fine.

Thanks for sharing your journeys this month, everyone!

Well, I was woken up a little early this morning. One of my pups decided he had to go out at 4:15am. Then as soon as I tried to lay back down to get another half hour of sleep in before 5am, the other two decided they too wanted to go outside. :woozy_face: … Guess my last day of Fasting this week just got longer. :smile:

Presently at 107 hrs., and plan to break tonight at 120 hrs.

I am up…had the worst sleep in a longggg time. Kept waking up hungry, as in every hour throughout the night. Maybe this is my body telling me enough is enough! Currently 104 hours in. I will have breakfast once I get to work.

How often do y’all do extrended fasts? Maybe I will do another 3-4 day before Christmas.

(Running from stupidity) #419

Maybe…

I was trying to do one every other week, but sometimes it gets to where I’m doing one every week. But I would rather every two if I can help it. But I actually like how I feel while fasting, especially during the work week. :slight_smile:

(KCKO, KCFO) #421

I do extended days, over 48 hrs. a couple of times a month, usually tapping out around 90 hrs. I do IFing most days, and a couple of times a week, I will do a 36-48 hr. fast. So I can maintain my weight range (for 1.5 yrs. now) and eat whatever I feel like eating without counting calories or overly exercising.

(KCKO, KCFO) #422

I just created the December chat thread, it is Dec. already for part of the world.

(Alex ) #423

well done all!!!

(Bob M) #424

I made it 4.5 days. Did not go to the gym. I am also on two drugs (carvedilol, a beta blocker, and lisinopril, an ACE inhibitor), both of which lower blood pressure. My blood pressure currently runs around 110/68 or so (fluctuates daily), and this morning I had 104/66 and some slight dizziness when I stood.

My wife also made it 4.5 days, which is quite an achievement, since she makes our kids’ lunches and dinners. Last night, the kids had home-made (low carb) meatballs and Raos sauce, with good Parmesan cheese. It was all I could do to not take it from them and eat all of it myself.

(Deb Erber) #425

Trying to do the Feldman protocol for my upcoming physical. Finished a 58 hour fast at 8 o’clock this morning. Typically break my fast a little easier but since I was trying to increase calories and fat I had two eggs with a little cheese and two slices of bacon. Had a little G.I. issue couple hours later but nothing terrible. Had 1 cup of homemade creamy chicken mushroom spinach soup made with whipping cream for lunch along with a 1/2 of a piece of bread and Kerry gold butter. Was just too full to ear any more. Here comes the TMI. Couple hours later, major disaster pants, had to leave work. Haven’t ever had that happen before when coming off a fast. I’m guessing too much fat too soon. I’m confused with how to get the increased fat per the protocol and not have a negative reaction.

(Brennan) #426

@Ketoif try posting on the December 2018 IF/EF thread. Also please blur references to food on fasting threads so as not to tempt others.