November 2018 IF / EF Chat ALL WELCOME

(#inforthelonghaul, KCKO, KCFO) #290

Thanks for sharing that one. I find 36 hr. fasts are my easiest, sometimes, I can cruise on through to 46 or 48 hrs. with ease, but I can just about always do 36, nice to know it is an autophagy sweet spot. I had thought I heard him say this in a much older video but could not relocate it. Glad to know I didn’t just dream that up :joy:

(Claudia) #291

caled it quits just short before 72h… I couldn’t anymore. too much stress… I’ll eat a few good meals now and consider sprinking a 36h fast if and when my body feels like it…

I will now go and indulge in this :star_struck:

(says keto isn't complicated. Sorry, but it just isn't.) #292

Sounds like a plan, and a good decision, all in one :slight_smile:

(Jane) #293

That’s my favorite thread to visit when I am fasting!!!

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(Jane) #294

Coming up on 21 hours. Feet are cold and only mild hunger so doing fine. Sipping my second ketoaide then will have one last cup of black coffee and call it a day.

(Laurie) #295

I want both! At age 66, I accept some sags and wrinkles, but why overdo it? At this point I’m doing 2 × 44-hour fasts each week. Easy, and so far so good.

I thank you and everyone else for all these helpful tidbits.

(Claudia) #296

I avoid it like the pague… even though i love this thread so much

(Alex ) #297

Feeling this totally!

We have 2 Degrees here today where I am in the UK, I have house central heating on, an additional oil heater in my bedroom, 2 long sleeve top (1 is a massive jumper) and a hat!

And I am STILL freezing cold, no matter what I do, I cant get warm.

Not sure this fasting thing is for me when the weather is baltic outside, it affects my mood SO BAD! :slight_smile:

(Claudia) #298

Thanks for sharing.
50 min and after just totally struck me.
I was always worried because my bg would not drop ‘low enough’ during fasts. Heard about counterregulartory hormones and growth hormones in this context for the first time…

(Allie) #299

@Alex_PN drink hot water to heat you from the inside.

(Alex ) #300

does that really work?! surely the body just immediately autoregulates??

(Allie) #301

Works for me every time.

(Alex ) #302

fingers and toes?! if so, Im all over it

Nice hot shower always helps

(Brennan) #304

If you’re layered up like you are you should be able keep alot of the heat.

(Jane) #305

Broke my fast a bit earlier than planned - 37 hrs instead of 40, but close enough. Was cooking and finally popped a green bean in my mouth to see if it was done. It was and as I swallowed it I thought to myself “Does eating one green bean break a fast?” I laughed and thought it would make a great parody thread!

I stopped my Vora app and grabbed the HWC and added to my coffee like an addict needing a fix.

We will feast today, eat normal keto tomorrow and start another 36-hr fast Fri night and break it Sun morning.

(Alex ) #306

Ok, another fasting morning/afternoon - trying hot water with some Apple Cider Vinegar in - it’s sort of like drinking Lemsip, but without the drugs…?!

(Allie) #307

You could add a little lemon juice if you wanted to, I know lots of people do.

(Alex ) #308

Yeah, no lemon juice in the house sadly - I need to do a big shop to be honest, I am on basic rations currently and getting by on what odds and ends I can find in the cupboards. I’m going shopping next week and switching up my supplements big time, tablet based electrolytes will be one purchase on the list.

Really want to get in on the keto-aid action and see if I can get through a full weekend fast, but I don’t want to end up with horrendous headaches and coldness.

I have rock salt, the ACV, magnesium sulfate/epsom salts but something tells me that might taste completely vile as a sipping keto drink, let alone the back end action that might start happening!

I presently do mine this way…

20 oz. water bottle
1/2 tbsp. Magnesium Citrate
1/2 tbsp. Lemon Juice
1 tbsp. ACV
1/4 Morton’s Lite Salt

It may have a required taste, but after a short time, it’s really not that bad. But yes, the Lemon Juice is good for preventing Kidney Stones, not to mention other stuff. And the ACV has a lot of benefits as well. - I do one each morning, and when Fasting, I do another when I get home in the afternoon. So basically 6am and 6pm.