November 2018 IF / EF Chat ALL WELCOME

(KCKO, KCFO) #284

Care to share what he does to make it so???

Sounds very interesting. I love my coffee but with hwc. I did a 36 hr. fast segment last week, with black coffee but it wasn’t as enjoyable as my keto coffee I have daily.

(Jane) #285

He makes it the same way - it is the brand he buys that is so mild. Most of the coffee we drink is a bit bolder, which if fine when you add HWC to it!

My husband has always brought me coffee in bed and these days it is more of a production LOL. Used to be a few drops of stevia and half and half.

Then low carb… stevia and HWC.

Then keto… stevia, HWC and Kerrygold butter…

Now maintenance and some loose skin… stevia, HWC, KG and collagen!

He likes the 8 O’Clock coffee for fasting and gets a huge bag at WalMart - I’ll pose a pic from my phone.

(Jane) #286

I add some salt to my black coffee and that helps. I don’t like it black but going for autophagy so not taking a chance.

(Allie) #287

My fasting coffee has become just black coffee with added Lite Salt.

I heard Jason Fung on a podcast the other day saying that if you’re goal is autophagy rather than fatloss then 24 to 48 hours fasts are the best option. This makes things a whole lot easier for me as fasts of that length are normally a breeze.

It was this podcast if anyone wants to listen -

(Jane) #288

Thanks, Allie - I hadn’t heard that about the 24-48 hrs best for autophagy. My husband is ONLY fasting for autophagy and 36-40 hours is about all he can manage.

Yep do the same - 1/4 tsp Lite Salt in my black coffee. I make a double size of the ketoaid, so 1/2 tsp Lite Salt, 1 Tbl mag citrate and I add another Tbl ACV. Sipping on some now.

(Jane) #289

15 hours in and slightly hungry as this is when I normally eat my first meal but I am sipping on salted water so it should fade away.

It was 24F this morning and I have extra layers on even though the house is a comfortable temp. I’ll be cranking up my heated mattress pad tonight as I usually get cold at night when I fast.

(KCKO, KCFO) #290

Thanks for sharing that one. I find 36 hr. fasts are my easiest, sometimes, I can cruise on through to 46 or 48 hrs. with ease, but I can just about always do 36, nice to know it is an autophagy sweet spot. I had thought I heard him say this in a much older video but could not relocate it. Glad to know I didn’t just dream that up :joy:

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #291

caled it quits just short before 72h… I couldn’t anymore. too much stress… I’ll eat a few good meals now and consider sprinking a 36h fast if and when my body feels like it…

I will now go and indulge in this :star_struck:

(Running from stupidity) #292

Sounds like a plan, and a good decision, all in one :slight_smile:

(Jane) #293

That’s my favorite thread to visit when I am fasting!!!

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(Jane) #294

Coming up on 21 hours. Feet are cold and only mild hunger so doing fine. Sipping my second ketoaide then will have one last cup of black coffee and call it a day.

(Laurie) #295

I want both! At age 66, I accept some sags and wrinkles, but why overdo it? At this point I’m doing 2 × 44-hour fasts each week. Easy, and so far so good.

I thank you and everyone else for all these helpful tidbits.

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #296

I avoid it like the pague… even though i love this thread so much

(Alex ) #297

Feeling this totally!

We have 2 Degrees here today where I am in the UK, I have house central heating on, an additional oil heater in my bedroom, 2 long sleeve top (1 is a massive jumper) and a hat!

And I am STILL freezing cold, no matter what I do, I cant get warm.

Not sure this fasting thing is for me when the weather is baltic outside, it affects my mood SO BAD! :slight_smile:

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #298

Thanks for sharing.
50 min and after just totally struck me.
I was always worried because my bg would not drop ‘low enough’ during fasts. Heard about counterregulartory hormones and growth hormones in this context for the first time…

(Allie) #299

@Alex_PN drink hot water to heat you from the inside.

(Alex ) #300

does that really work?! surely the body just immediately autoregulates??

(Allie) #301

Works for me every time.

(Alex ) #302

fingers and toes?! if so, Im all over it

(Brennan) #304

If you’re layered up like you are you should be able keep alot of the heat.