NoVegNovemberCarniStyle

Love you are finding YOU on carnivore!!!

Yes higher fat or lower fat WILL always be a game changer for a carnivore. Our bodies want what it needs, what it truly needs to heal and change and adapt and reset hormones and more and when we ‘find that niche’ that is a game changer like you said…more power to you :slight_smile:

Just watch tho cause that day will come when high fat is not your friend and this is when you must listen to what the body is asking for in food choices.

As long as we eat as we feel we need thru the body asking we can find that way forward more easy then when we ‘control thru thinking’ we have to eat this or that or ‘just eat 2 lbs of meat per day’ but that again is an estimate of what most ‘fall into on this plan’ as a true basic line, never means that is you at some point in the journey.

Key on it is WHO we are and WHAT time on plan and how we have healed which will direct us to more fat needed, we flip to lower fat required, we eat more lean protein or eat lower lean protein but with TIME on plan we naturally find this balance. I am super glad you found you at this point as you need!!

wonderful post!!

(Heather) #42

Thank you!

This is exactly what switching to high fat has taught me: n=1. I do plan to listen to my body to know when I may need to change things up.

I am coming upon 2 years carnivore in January, but by no means a veteran. I also believe that long term carnivore or not, your body can continue to call for different foods at different times. The “being in tune” with your body comes with the longevity and experience.

So agree and the ‘weirdo time’ on ZC is mostly in that ‘year 3-4 area where you can read’ that many ZC’ers go a tad wonky after getting to be a whole new us…but one thing…time on this plan can change us point blank year to year or 6 mos to 6 mos but IF WE follow what the body is asking, we can’t go in a wrong direction, but darn sometimes those signals get f’d up and we think ‘differrent’ and then we can get into troubles.

mind for this lifestyle should always, always default to ALL you want, WHEN you need it, AT any time and if we rely on that, we can push thru the flips we feel as the body adapts.

Just thoughts alot of us talk about how it all goes down and darn if alot of us don’t have the same experiences, which shows me ‘yea we are never safe’ in a small way if thru our lives we are hit with outside forces and more that can change up our bodies, but that ‘listen to you’ is a monster key on carnivore :slight_smile:

loved your post again!!

(Edith) #44

Spleen?

you say organ LOL I see backstrap :slight_smile:

(Robin) #46

So, liver or kidney I bet. I have only ever tried liver when my mom made it and I had no choice. The very thought of organ meat grosses me out. I realize THAT MAKES NO SENSE. So many folks on here share great pics of various organ meat.

Well, I’ve actually been sitting 25’ up in a deer stand, since an hour before shooting light. :wink: Unfortunately, there isn’t much activity on the Farm I hunt presently. So came home for a quick bite.

Though I can see why @Fangs sees it being a nice Deer BackStrap. Who wouldn’t? (And thanks for the use of the proper term for them too Fangs! Most folks think they are tenderloins, which they are not.) They are indeed ‘Backstraps’. … The Inner tenderloins are located inside of the abdominal cavity, Albeit small, they are indeed the cream of the crop for tenderness, and are some king of good! :yum:

But my guess based off what’s been said, would be the Liver. Though Deer liver is also quite good in itself, based off the size, or how large it appears, I’m guessing maybe Cow Liver. Which is also good, but I haven’t had it much myself. I don’t recall it being sold as such around here, at least not that I’ve come across. … But Deer Liver is not usually as long, and is more rounded. I’m sure it’s going to be great either way. Makes my lunch that’s coming appear a little less filling now. :+1:

cow liver is huge and dark red, I never see it as being a cow liver but thanks Dave…my hubby hunted enough that I also field dressed the deer in the woods

but to me no way liver even tho that ‘more iron’ statement threw me off and I still kinda am lost on that part LOL

liver is a big old thing, that skinny ass membrane thing is to be determined LOL

give it up N! Now, we wanna know HA and it is a part that ain’t sold in my little old store around me I am sure :wink:

Keep in mind, meats can change color as they bleed out. … I can see some even thinking tongue, due to it’s shape. But again, some meats will whiten if soaked for a while, or allowed enough time.

agree but tongue has that density to it ya know and those tail time signs of being a tongue without much doubt it isn’t that.

and I think N said it was a cow so? Now I am getting lost on what we are guessing about :wink:

deer? cow? racoon? turtle? hey we eat it all :thinking:

Well, I didn’t read all the comments before posting, but did after I starting eating. But the mention that it was only just 2 - 3 inches in width would put it more towards Tongue. Something I’ve actually never tried that I can recall? But do know that Cow Tongues can be quite long, from corny pics you see of them.

(Karen) #52

So today my son in law took me to the hospital cardiology centre for an echogram. Pretty easy and all over in about 15/20 mins. Had to have canula fitted to inject fluid in vein but hardly felt a thing. Only thing is it was same arm as I had bloods taken from on Friday and probably same vein so the already still bruised area from the bloods will no doubt look worse tomorrow. As I am on blood thinners now I see bruises cropping up daily even though I haven’t bashed into anything!

Results of echogram have to go to stroke consultant and I am sure after I have had the 24hr tape monitor on near end of month I may get the results relayed to me!

Didn’t eat prior to hosp visit so was a bit peckish by time I got home after 1pm. Brunch was finishing off the lamb shoulder I cooked yesterday and I have another one in fridge that I cooked up at same time, to eat tomorrow… totally delish. Followed with a bit of cheddar. Just going to cook up the rump steak I got out of freezer yesterday for dinner.

Oh and I had to be weighed and have height recorded before echogram. I was just about spot on with what I thought my weight was. Haven’t actually weighed myself for a number of years, always go with how clothes feel, so was happy to know I had guessed correct. I said 58kg and I was 58.30kg.

(Michael) #53

Winner winner spleen dinner. Bought a sheep spleen today that looks much different than the beef one in my picture. Beef spleen runs up and down a side of the cow and in between stomachs, so long and thin.

(Edith) #54

:muscle:

Your hint clued me in. Spleen also has a fair bit of vitamin C.

(Amy the Silly Sausage 🌭) #55

@Naghite Oh wow, I would never have guessed that…:slightly_smiling_face: But i was in bed last night doing headmiles wondering what it was, so I’m glad I know now…:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I was raised on a farm, so it was a tad silly of me to think Bull Willy :slightly_smiling_face: They have very thin ones… Incase anyone ever wonders :wink: I would rather eat spleen than bull willy… :grinning: I hope it was enjoyable for you… Iron and vitamin C… sounds good…:slightly_smiling_face:

(Daisy) #56

Absolutely. I still have these moments for sure!!

(Daisy) #57

Today I made a package of ribs. I’m cleaning out my freezer of last year’s food and this was next on my list. I ate half for breakfast and the other half for dinner. After breakfast I felt like I had a brick on my belly. We also went car shopping again. I think we have settled on the Toyota Highlander.

Well that might explain it. I’ve never actually had spleen myself. Deer, Cow or other. And not sure if I ever saw them sold in the stores either? Hopefully it’s good.

Actually the only organs I’ve ever kept from Deer, are the Heart and Liver. Both quite good.

(Michael) #59

Today I started out with a nice heart steak, med rare with bone marrow added after photo

Bought 3.2 kg pork belly earlier in the day and cooked it up. Took one slice of this and then a bit later took a second slice with more spleen.

(Michael) #60

So far, not really digging the spleen. I think I will try and cook it differently next time. It is fairly bland, so not bad, just not good either and the skin and veins are too chewy as cooked at least.