NoVegNovemberCarniStyle

(Karen) #21

Brunch small sirloin steak and 2 fried eggs and some cheese to follow
Dinner sliced butter basted turkey and sliced ham and a bit of cheese.

The ocky therapist visited me again today. She such a lovely lady. I had to do a cognitive screening test. Just as well I love doing puzzles… it lasted about 45 mins to an hour! This was to see if I am fit to drive. I passed no problem but it still has to be sent to my doctor for final decision!

My next appt is Thursday when I have the echogram.

My new sander arrived today but with waiting around for this appt I only had enough time to charge the battery and read the instructions. Hopefully tomorrow I will get to play with it yay…excited lol

(Daisy) #22

It is basically peppers and oil. I would never touch it, but he likes it!

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts: thank you! Yes we are ok.[quote=“VirginiaEdie, post:15, topic:111463”]
If it was enough to total your car, it was probably enough to give your body a good rattling. I hope you are feeling okay
[/quote]
Honestly we were so shocked that they are totaling it!! The damage wasn’t that severe (whole front end), but I guess they go by the value of the car and it’s an older car :sob: an older, paid off car…

Today was a full day of food! Breakfast was a porterhouse and eggs. Lunch was a bison burger. Then we spent the whole evening car shopping, so when I got home, I ate up what was left of the roast I fixed the family.
image image image image

(Amy the Silly Sausage 🌭) #23

@Fangs Thankyou :slightly_smiling_face: Yeah I am back… And committed to Carnivore this month. I notice such differences compared to a carby WOE… Like I only did 5 days carbs and it feels so different to just a week ago… One thing I really noticed is when I’m NOT in ketosis, my menstrual cycle is MUCH more painful and drawn out… Whereas on keto and carni, it is not as painful and lasts only about three days… I wonder why that is and if anyone else has this experience… :slightly_smiling_face: So I bought myself some fresh eggs and some beef mince and double smoked ham for tonight… I was in hospital for two days and one night last week and luckily was nil by mouth the first day, then on the 2nd I refused their carby food, I wasn’t hungry anyway… but they just serve way too much sugar in hospitals… Today I woke up with awful pink eye… it is insanely irritating, I bought eyedrops and I hope it ends quickly…:slightly_smiling_face: I think I’ve had enough physical afflictions for probably a very long time… :sweat_smile: Lol Fangs, I can relate… I ate nothing but chicken legs for weeks some time last year, and STILL can’t bring myself to ear them… I am still done with pork after nothing but that for ages a few months ago… but I just go through phases… I am NO fancy cook… fry it up as quick as I can and eat it, is my motto… Burger meat is my thing lately too… Bunless burgers… I melt cheese on them…:slightly_smiling_face: I am going to really make a mental note to try to drink more water today… I literally have to force water down… I rarely am thirsty… surely 1.5 litres can’t be too difficult if I take sips throughout the day… I want to flush the carbs out of me. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: @Carnivoor Happy group Anniversary!!! And that peice of steak looks delish… a perfect way to celebrate!!! :wink: Your food always makes my mouth water…

Bad azz meat pics on the board. I just love seeing them :slight_smile:

@Carnivoor
A year!!! WOW time flies but so glad you found us. So enjoy having you on the thread, die hard carnivores are always welcome for sure and with fab meat pics to boot!! Cool.

---------------ate a 1 lb. pork tenderloin which was delish.
had a small chicken breast I fried up for dinner along with a can of tuna/mayo

around 10 at night I was starving but passed on food. I was gonna carni snack and I ain’t about that, trying to drop that…you know…eat some salami, tin of sardines, maybe cheese, I thought nope, I can easily survive without all that :wink:

woke up not hungry as usual so glad I didn’t bother eating that late.

off for errands and more today and this and that and when home I got a nice big NY Strip steak to make. I am not hankering for it, but I ‘feel I need beef!’ and I know that feeling even tho it isn’t a preference for today I am gonna eat and enjoy and let the meal go on by.

Maybe at store I am gonna check out king crab prices :frowning: Ugh I am wanting but over Thanksgiving we are going on a trip soon to the beach for all you can eat crab leg buffet and I KNOW I will inhale a million of them, so might keep my money in my wallet til later. But man I am wanting them real bad now.

after steak I will probably eat up those leftover wings I got to finish, even tho they hold no appeal but I don’t waste my meats so…will do what I gotta do LOL

Rock on all…Nov is just starting, we got a way to go and great carni benefits to achieve!!

Edited to say back from errands and HECK NO on my crab/lobster prices. No way my wallet can withstand that punch. UGH…gotta move to Maine or somewhere near the Bering Sea for lobster or crab LOL cheaper off the boat or catch my own :wink: ugh

I put my pic into the other thread… Oh well, I bring it here too, it’s so rare I have photos…

I got hungry SUPER early. Oh my soft fat adapted hunger learned how to demand attention… I already knew the annoying lil hunger but it was something completely irresistible this time. I had to go and eat. I tried to keep my meal small, it was only 1350 kcal but it’s quite much for practically a breakfast… It’s before noon, it’s a breakfast to me. When I had 3 meals, my breakfast was tiny and at 11am as I was completely unable to eat even earlier (and it was only sugar as I didn’t want normal food. but it was tiny at least, why I had that, no idea).

Whatever on the photo + 2 vienna sausages (very thin chicken ones) + 2.5 more eggs + some more pork jowl, that was my lunch.
I made an egg milk :slight_smile: I always did it with coffee before. But today I managed to avoid drinking coffee this far…

I tried so hard to get satiated… I had pork but I couldn’t bring myself to eat it. Anything but that. Too lean :frowning:
I got out some pork skin (soft, already cooked) from the freezer so I will eat that with eggs next. But I will mix in some pork too. And I have pickled herring (Alvaro asked not to open it in the house… well it’s nice sunny outside).
I can eat the pork but I must process it severely, mixing with things and frying again. And Alvaro eats it just fine so I would rather buy some chuck… Maybe tomorrow I will have the mood to visit the village.

(Robin) #26

Calorie-curious here. I am joining the carnivores for November and have been naturally headed that direction for a while. Feel good, everything’s going fine.
Yesterday I hopped on to my old Carb Manager app, out of curiosity. According to the app, my goal calories should be about 1350. But when I google calories for my goal weight, I get much much higher.
Am I correct that on true carnivore, I should be able to ignore calories? (Not to go crazy of course. It’s hard to truly go crazy on meat.)

(Michael) #27

Two meals so far today. First was salmon and the rest of the overcooked beef heart

Next I cooked up this puppy. Can you guess what it is? Yes it is beef, I mean specifically?

Here it is cooked with bacon and eggs

(Robin) #28

I’m scared to even guess. Tongue? Beaver tail?

(Michael) #29

Strike one :stuck_out_tongue:

(Robin) #30

Some sort of nasty organ?

(Edith) #31

The part of a bull that makes baby bulls?

(Daisy) #32

I could have eaten omad today, but I’m still not at a good place to really trust hunger cues. Porterhouse and eggs for breakfast. Ground beef for dinner. We are still car shopping…
image image image

(Amy the Silly Sausage 🌭) #33

@VirginiaEdie This was my guess too…:grinning: A baby calf maker perhaps… :grinning:

@robintemplin
well if we truly think about life our bodies never came with a calorie counter tick box on it ya know :slight_smile: This kcal guessing is just that…guesses and the best knowledge for your kcal count per day is your body, so yes carnivores never count kcals.

What we focus on is our fat content mostly as the ‘thing we fluctuate’ on as our bodies change. Newer you can eat alot! As we heal and adapt thru and change our appetites can easily flip around, go not hungry or have a day of being ravenous but eventually we ‘steady out’ over time. So your body will start to tell you to focus on eating a very fatty meat day or your body might say I am nourished, I am doing great, hey give me some leaner meats and one tends to cut down their fat intake a tiny bit as preferred.

So think of your body is your new app :wink: Your body truly will tell you but key is we might ‘think we are overeating’ or ‘think we are not eating enough’ when if it is what your body wants for the day then you are thinking wrong you need to somehow control that action. Calories do not matter if someone is holding the carnivore plan and truly getting what they require for their body, our body will always direct us :slight_smile: But key is time and consistenty on this plan to get its real benefits, and they are wonderful when they start to kick in :slight_smile: A whole new you without ever thinking about another kcal in any food you eat again for your entire life…weee…

I guess I could say that carnivores are controlled by the physical healing more and changing our food intake as we progress against controlling the kcals to some specific number. If we allow this, we find our true natural food intake that suits our needs for who we are. Again, time is required and being on plan steadily is important.

Just some thoughts on it all.

--------------------SO I ate 1 NY strip steak and 10 mins after eating I fried up another and ate it. They were about 10 oz size each on these cuts…needed 2, 1 was not enough.

that shut me down for meal 2. Just not as hungry but I ate 3 of my leftover chicken wings and I ate some salami with a hunk of cheddar.

Today I have to hit grocery store for a few items cause my mom is coming for a few days visit and need bread in the house, yes I rarely buy bread anymore and poor hubby runs out, but mom requires bread so off I go, lol. While there I am going to check out meat dept for any markdown sales, I might just be eating whatever I find at a good low price? So today’s food is up for grabs a tiny bit.

Hold strong carnivores. Eat up as much as you need, when you need it, let the healing change us and give us wonderful benefits

Calories always matter, energy tend to do that.
But it’s kinda complicated and if I could eat at a nice deficit automatically, I wouldn’t need to focus on calories. I am against of forcing a deficit, though - but some people want results in mere years or months so I understand it’s a valid and possibly unavoidable thing for some.

I personally focus on satiating food. It’s not like I can NOT overeat just because I want to. I need to eat right for it.

My energy need is around 2000 kcal, probably. Calculators aren’t reliable at all. Of course, the number is changing, I am building muscles now, it seems :slight_smile: My exercise level isn’t always the same either and that matters A LOT. It’s not THAT hard to add 1000 kcal with exercise sometimes but needs some dedication and I never do that anymore. I only could do that with hiking and cycling… Of course I don’t have any idea about the energy need of that but I suppose 10 hours hiking needs extra calories aplenty :wink:
But I got a bit carried away.

I shouldn’t even be here, I so messed up yesterday, well mostly my body did, I had no options. And I kept it keto I suppose (I dropped tracking when I already was way over my energy need and I ate so, so, so much more…).
I had Insatiable Hunger. I still don’t know if it can come on carnivore after the first days… Hopefully not, it’s annoying. I wasn’t very hungry, per se but I had some hole inside I had to fill with food? I missed something and definitely could eat. I ate all ALL my eggs, more meat (not much as I dislike lean pork but some. and I had processed stuff) and everything even remotely tempting to me. It didn’t include much carbs and I got satiated in the end. But I was already temporarily insane and ate more and carbier stuff later with zero need. Not the worst ones, we don’t even have those here…

Sigh. It’s so disheartening. But main thing I got satiated :smiley: Today I felt a little pressure I always have if I eat too much or too late, it doesn’t matter what. But otherwise I am quite fine, obviously, I always are.

So day #1 again. Yesterday I kept my no-dairy for very long… I am unsure how strict I should be. Probably not very much when I don’t have proper meat. I always found that logical, being more relaxed on low-meat days or else problems may arise.

But yesterday I ate so, sooo much. I am bad at guessing but surely over 3000 kcal. My stomach obviously couldn’t get ever full as it’s little food for that and I had a big eating window. I never reached complete satiation either. Stupid day.
I missed having some pork chuck, I always could get satiated with that stuff unless I got bored of it first but that takes very much :smiley:
But I fought for long, using proper stuff, they just didn’t help and felt boring.
I wanted to disappear and not writing until I really see I am on the right track, established carnivore OMAD…
But I forgot. I tend to forget my planned restrictions.

Btw we talked it over with @KetoKoala and bulls have thin penises, it seems so that would look different. We talked about eating sexual organs, dogs and humans… She said dogs have too much Vitamin A and not healthy to eat… I never heard that. Is it true? How come one animal is unsafe to eat while almost all the others are okay? We have similar muscles, after all…

Why can’t you write penis I wonder? It’s a proper, scientific term. Or people wanna be cutesy? I never understood women, being biologically one never helped. Not like I understand humans in general but women have a bunch of odd things from my viewpoint. Not all just many.

Back to calories.

But it totally count calories, mine at least. And others uses calories too. If there is a defiucit, the body always loses stuff as energy can’t be made of nothing. Surplus isn’t that simple as using more energy is a thing.

Obviously some carnivores do. Carnivores aren’t some special group with all the same attitude and circumstances and everything. They are different as people in general are.
Most don’t track I would think but some do for various reasons. Some people must track to see if their specific fat/protein ratio for health reasons is the right. Not everyone can work with various ones and just following their bodies though that’s the right thing.
And just because I am no carnivore, I have eyes and see that some tracks. And it’s obvious carnivores do things very differently as they are individuals and it’s not a religion either.

Fat never fluctuates in my life (from day to day a little, sure but I never have leaner times), I doubt long term carnivore could change that, I would starve without my high-fat… :smiley: But we will see if I ever will do that, probably I will, I just don’t know when. And maybe not pure carnivore, I still don’t see any point in not eating whatever I please if that seems to work when I will be able to do it all the time. Not my stupid yesterday and whenever there is some compulsion. December will be crazy too… I have high hopes for 2022!
(Or 12022 as my brand new calender says :slight_smile: It starts with human history, vaguely.)

The body is good but I totally need to track sometimes to see if it’s okay. My body is great but it often did undereating in the first times and it NEVER ends well. Better to avoid it if possible…
And now I overeat if I am not very careful. Probably it gets better later but even so, bad food choices results in overeating now that I need much food on carnivore unless in the first times.
I’ve read from so many people that they can eat almost forever if it’s certain food items. I have that too. I can easily add extra 1000 kcal to almost any day (including ones with a slight surplus already).

I believe that using the right food choices and the right timing (not too early afternoon OMAD for me), I can avoid eating too much on carnivore. I even may be able to lose fat and that requires even less eating so it’s very tricky for me.
Calorie counting is just informative, I can’t ensure a deficit with it (even if I knew the numbers of my body. I vaguely know and it’s enough). But it can show if I do things right or not regarding satiation. If I frequently overeat, I have some bad item or too many meals and need to change that.

Not everyone is lucky enough, sometimes things just don’t fall into place, we need to actively work on it, make experiments and track to see what happens. I need to decide when to enforce things (doing carnivore is that for most people, it seems except maybe long term ones?) and when to relax them. I am way better with the latter but it results in overeating and going off keto too often. Maybe it’s fine but sometimes crazy things happen and I dislike them…

Oh well. I better disappear and talk about my experiences weeks later! I shouldn’t think about food this much anyway.

@Shinita

I agree with you to a tiny smidge degree on what you wrote about kcals but in full truth, only humans count kcals on little calculators, your body knows you can’t get it right every time at all LOL and we only pretend this truly works for most everyone. When one is carnivore you don’t need to count kcals ever, but some will still do it cause they do enjoy tracking and seeing their numbers and I get that, an obsession of some sort to help with their control issues over something that the carnivore plan food will correct and if you go on carnivore only sites, no one counts kcals ever…yea a few for that knowledge but they won’t live or die by that number either as many ‘dieting’ people will do.

Also one has to be all in carnivore to talk this experience S with time on plan under their belt and be chatting with very long term carnivores to truly get a picture of what this lifestyle gives to us. If one is jumping in and out of carnivore into even ketovore your appetite will never control as a full on carnivore’s will, your satiaty level will never stabilize as it does if one is on plan every day for a longer period and benefits of changing the body as we carnivores get just doesn’t happen in the form as it would if one is all carnivore.

So I throw this down to experience on plan trumps guessing of what others on and off plan have ‘felt’ cause what a person who lives this lifestyle daily is so diff. then a heavy meat eating plus veg person and it just falls that way, I ain’t just making that up LOL

There also is no right timing on food intake on carnivore. When new the advice is eat any time, all you want, anything carnivore you want and don’t look back at the old ‘dieting baggage’ claims we have ingrained in us and if one does this, we change a heck of alot and find a wonderful peaceful and natural lifestyle on zero carb. As our bodies become nourished our mindset also changes toward our attitudes about food intake and control over it, we let go of the old useless dieting info out there and that to me was a plus I will always love!

On carnivore we let go of the control we think we have over our bodies. Our bodies actually will control us and win every darn time when we battle it with dieting tips, tricks, manipulation and more…so if a new carnivore drops all the old dieting crap from their life, comes in with eating all you need, when ya need it, and let nature on this lifestyle change you thru nutrition and healing, one falls into a very natural eating pattern that suits them…but time and consistency on this plan is key. Either a new person gives it just that or ? I guess just keep on guessing about carnivore and how it works?

Only thru living this plan daily can one experience full truths in it. But that is personal on who wants to know for themselves and who just wants to romp around the plan?? Up to each of us in the end.

(Daisy) #37

I feel this deeply…

@Ketodaisy, you do now?

(Michael) #39

@Ketodaisy @VirginiaEdie
Sorry gals, no such luck despite your dirty thoughts! Strike 2!

@robintemplin It is a beef organ, but what type? Calling this a foul ball!!

@Shinita the organ I was holding is only 2-3 inches thick at most (wide and long and thin).

Since no one has guessed it correctly (where is @Digital_Dave who must know as a hunter), here is my one hint before I let everyone know. This organ has the most iron of any food item in the world. 3 ounces contains 37.5 mg of iron, more than 200% of your suggested daily intake.

(Heather) #40

@Azi I wanted you say “THANK YOU!” for the suggestion of looking into Dr. Berry’s beef, bacon, eggs and butter challenge.

I decided to give it a try. I’ve been doing it for the past 5 days and it has been a game changer for me. I keep my fat at around 80% by eating pork belly (I count this as my bacon🙂), fatty decaf coffee, 80/20 ground beef and eggs.

What I have learned is that my body does much better on higher fat. I eat less, without restricting, because fat causes me to be more satiated more quickly. My legs are no longer chronically swollen–it’s so nice to not have to put on support hose everyday after work. The scale is trending downward, which I am well aware is a lot due to the decrease in inflammation. My energy level is so much better - more consistent.

I have consistently heard on on carnivore 1-2 pounds of meat per day. If you’re gaining, you may need to eat more. If you’re excercising you may need to eat more. So, I ate more (2+ pounds of meat per day, but a lot of it was way too lean) and the scale went up, but I didn’t feel any better🤔. As of now, this experiment tells me that my n=1 might be something different.

My plan is to continue on with high fat as long as my body is responding favorably.