NoVegNovemberCarniStyle

That is wonderful. I think that is part of our healing and a very big benefit to anyone changing their lifestyle. When to this level one might be able to eat a little something very rare and DO OK…not the nightmare in the old days of obsession and spiraling out of control. I think it is a huge sign your lifestyle is changing you to what a normal physical and mental body can be :slight_smile: Loved your post.

Can of soda in turkey…omg why? ugh LOL

@FrankoBear
very interesting info you are posting.

--------------SO I DIED a big death yesterday. I ate link sausage in the morning, then I had salami slices with a small bit of chili, no beans.
Then the guts started doing their gurgles but I thought, hmm, and some heartburn kicked in and I took a tums and thought, ok, I think that chili is now OFF my list of ok stuff to have a little of…we went out to dinner close to the campground and I ordered 2 grilled porkchops. Nope…I died. I started having to clench my butt to keep from dying with the big D…gassy, bloaty, gurgles, cramps coming and then I got flushed hot and then got some chills and I thought omg. I told my hubby and daughter to stay put in the restaurant, I was taking the truck back to the rv for ‘just in case’ and boy I just made it. Total liquid D with big blow out and guts gone haywire. Called hubby and said you guys finish, box my pork chops and call me when you are done eating and I will come pick you up. Which I did after a bit but thank heavens for hanging at my bathroom. I am not one to be sick in a restaurant bathroom LOL For all the nasty that went down, I have to say I got thru it in a kinda good situation. Too much. Just TOO MUCH. Crab with butter, turkey, chili and I think just that pairing of it all my body said NO. Showed me a thing or 2. I think that chili put me right over the edge LOL

Fine this morning. Still feel gassy and bloaty and off a bit but guts are under control.

I said immediately that I am back on standard, easy, MY food and going to tighten control of what goes in my gob. I hadn’t got nailed like this in a very very long time, it just isn’t something that happens to me anymore with guts cause I am so on my nice easy menu…too much. Just too darn much. Oh coulda been some of the rum I was drinking also :slight_smile: thrown in there :slight_smile:

Well needless to say I am done done done with off the wall eating combos and all that. I am holding very basic and stout on my lifestyle now. Dec will be fine, I have no desire to eat any lower foods that might nail me and into Jan…Jan. I am taking full control for optimum gut control :slight_smile:

OK…I survived but darn :frowning: ugh. not fun one bit HA

Leave here today to come home. Little fast trip is over. Had a good time tho even with last night’s bathroom gut disaster. I felt the wrath. Don’t like it one bit :slight_smile: so I am all in simple easy what works best for me chow and that is that!

North west England for me, so not too far away.

My doc mentioned 5:2 a few years back - it definitely gained a bunch of popularity over here. I reckon that’s tough to do on SAD, but easy on keto. I found I could easily time restrict on keto, but lost interest in that on carnivore.

Great news @Ketodaisy - and then on the other end of the spectrum, hope you’re feeling better @Fangs.

(Robin) #325

I’m so curious about your “stair runs”. Can you describe them for me? I always get the mental picture of movie Rocky running up the stairs to dramatic music. LOL

I am home from vacay.

tired

guts are alot better. I only ate a small double cheeseburger patty while on the road from fast food, scared to eat anything but darn I was hungry.

So far so good. I think guts are cleared out, tomorrow is a new day, I doubt I will eat anything else tonight, not in the mood.

Now on with my regular scheduled carnivore nov. :slight_smile:

(Daisy) #327

@Fangs I have discovered that IF I’m going to eat off plan or even carnivore at a restaurant, I must take digestive enzymes and it keeps the D at bay. It’s been a lifesaver for me!! I’m glad you’re feeling a bit better!!

Today was a nice on plan eating day. Eggs and lamb for brunch; t-bone and calamari for dinner. We got our inside all decorated for Christmas. Still need to do something to the outside.
image image image

(Karen) #328

Oh mine isn’t to dramatic music lol just smooth radio lol. On a few occasions I did put my rock n roll on but that is very fast and I had to keep yo the beat hahaha. I started doing stair runs on May 1st 2020 and run up and down a 100 flights daily till this September when my daughter and i took my son to Norfolk for a midweek break. I did 100 on the Monday before leaving and on the Fri after we got home… no where to stair run in Norfolk lol so flat. So I did 100 burpees for first 2 days then 100 push ups on the 3rd day. I am a bit of an all or nothing person and I stressed badly about going to Norfolk and having no where to stair run but I was proud of myself that I did actually cope. Not sure I will go back to doing 100 daily again… just doing what I feel up to doing since the stroke. Havent started CtossFit again yet but thought I may start back gently this week, we will see. Dont want to leave it much longer as it will only be more gruesome when I do go lol.

Well I managed to sleep a bit last night albeit I didn’t get off to sleep till about 1pm. Woke a few times but the monitor wasn’t too uncomfortable. Nice to take it off this afternoon though and have a good scratch where the stickies had been attached to my skin!

Didn’t do a whole lot today with it being so miserable and there was a bit of snow on the ground and it was wet and windy stayed in to keep warm with my hot water bottleand blanket lol.

Brunch was cold ham and cheddar

I roasted 2 pork shoulder joints, one for me and one for my daughter. It is very tasty and I ate some for dinner plus some shrimps plus some more cheese.

Oh and I had coffee today for the first time in about 4/5 years! It was nice, though I am not too sure whether that is why I have now come back down stairs at half eleven cos I can’t get off to sleep. I find when I lay in bed trying to get to sleep I get a nervous feeling inside like mild palpitations.

@Fangs hope you are feeling tip top again very soon. Thats the one thing I don’t miss since being on this woe. I have had the bloaty gassy stuff after the cheapo sausages and I am getting more indigestion since being on this new medication but coping and getting used to it. No big D though thankfully.

(Michael) #329

First meal today was lamb spleen, beef liver and heart, bacon and eggs.

Second meal was new beef tongue, salmon with cheese afterwards

From starting at Beef only a few months ago I have reintroduced most seafood and other meats without issues. Cheese and eggs have been reintroduced as well without IBS issues. I will finish this month as carnivore, but I plan to test almonds at the start of next month. We will see how I react.

(Vic) #330

(Robin) #331

I am flabbergasted! In a good way. That’s amazing!

(Linda ) #332

Oh good to hear that your feeling better Fangs I certainly don’t miss the big D I had it for months when I started. But I would sooner that than constipation…lol.
Todays food for me was. first meal 2 flanken ribs 2nd meal was picanha plus a taste of egg salad to see if it had enough salt…I was good I made mushroom sauce and egg salad to go with my husband’s meal and the taste of egg salad was all I had I thought about having some since I made it… but I told myself nope you said beef. And butter, eggs and mushrooms are not beef and. Butter.

@Ketodaisy
I don’t even know what digestive enzymes are to tell you the truth HAHA
I just never bothered ever looking into that kinda stuff. Yea, I am that person who wouldn’t have a clue what to buy. I am glad you do have something to help you get thru ‘what ifs’ while eating out!

I know one thing, I AM SO over eating out for a while. Family can go, this ol’ chick ain’t doing it any time soon :wink:

@Karen18
Sorry on the more indigestion being on those medications, but good thing is you will find the foods that work against you more as you keep eating and get a feel for the best meats that suit you :slight_smile: Always something isn’t it for us sometimes LOL

@Azi
Doing good. A spoonful taste doesn’t count on your eggs :wink: You are holding well on what you wanna do!

HEY Where are you? Still in Nebraska or did you end up going home yet?

----------------Feel tons better. All that gut issue has passed thank goodness. I learned. Don’t combine super high fat and tons of different crazy restaurant foods in a few close meals. I pay for it dearly LOL

I am SO HAPPY I am home and can control food to my liking. SO important to me.

My hubby just wants out to eat, out to eat, out to eat while on vacay and it kills me cause I bring tons of meats and stuff to eat at the rv but he still has that stupid ‘food is entertainment’ and he eats all carby stuff still, so the out to eat is just getting so f’ing annoying, but what does one do?
But no trips planned any time soon so I got control back easily.

AND GET this…I check my freezer. I am out of steaks. I thought I had a few packs of NY Strips or some ribeyes under my pile of shrimp in there and nope, it was chicken legs and those small pork loins. I am out of steaks! :woozy_face::astonished: Priority 1. Hit all sales hard. Restock, but ya know it was good to use them all up. Now I know I don’t have any going too long in there but restock time it is! :100:

Defrosting a pack of pork chops for me for tonight but not sure on first meal. Hitting grocery for a few things, will get me some beef!

The simpler I keep my meals and in my own kitchen I thrive, you put me out there navigating too many restaurant meals and I wither :pleading_face:

Carnivore on a bit more thru this month strong guys! Dec. is our next challenge with the holiday season and then A NEW YEAR starts for us and away we go with some goals and challenges for us!

(Linda ) #334

Yeah still in nebraska never heard back from the job he applied for so will keep going with fixing this house in the mean time…

Yesterday went into Walmart for covid booster my husband had to get his 2nd shot for his job they took our Temps mine was normal but his was 94.8 the guy never said anything later at home I asked my husband why was your temp so low he shrugged his shoulders so I looked it up on Google hypothermia is anything under 95 so kind of shocked the guy never said a thing lol…so I’ve turned our furnace up ill end up cooking but obviously my husband gets so cold at work he needs it…even wearing thermals jackets and woolen socks…

So food on the menu today is beef water and butter if I remember yesterday no butter lol…

(Karen) #335

Didn’t sleep well last night, ended up getting up and going downstairs from 12 till 2am. Eventually got some sleep but not without having to get up a good 3 times more.

Did 20 stair runs in 2 x 10 with same number squats and lunges.

Picked Raymond up and took him to the garden centre for a cuppa and first time in a long time I came out empty handed lol. Dropped him home and then dropped pork roast off at my daughters house. Then home.

So brunch was about 1.30pm cold pork and cheese.

Later had some ham and a bit more cheese. Not a whole lot though.

Last night was a 300g scotch fillet steak cooked with a bit of butter, tin of mackerel fillets, all with some cow milk pan-fried halloumi. I think the sheep milk halloumi is better tasting. NoFUN breakfast at about 2;30pm was 3 strips of middle bacon and 4 local pasture etc eggs. I coffee in the morning and one at breakfast, both had cream.

I have now developed blocked ears. Woke up deaf yesterday morning. Makes for very deep sleep. But may have to get checked by doctor (again). Physiotherapist visit booked for today. Went for a dip in the ocean yesterday as the waves were small. Right shoulder very restricted (‘frozen’) in movement. That means I can’t paddle my surfboard. This is a mentally debilitating scenario. But the multiple joint aches have subsided on low carb carnivore WOE.

Long summer evenings are here. The tree is a peppermint tree. If one crushes the leaves they release a peppermint perfumed oil. The tree is centuries old. It’s covered in white honey scented blossom during spring. The local bees produce a nice honey (it is carnivore medicine) that has a hint of peppermint at this time of year.

(Daisy) #337

This is so disconcerting that you are developing more and more symptoms. I’m so sorry friend!!

Today was an omad. I’m feeling a little low for absolutely no reason, so trying to get out of it. May have some bone broth jello after I type this up, I have that feeling like I want to eat, but don’t need to, I think it’s tied to the low I’m feeling. Bone broth jello is a safe option. I have a very fancy work party this coming Friday night. It’s 4.5 hours away, so I’ll work part of a day, then drive there for the party. I’m not excited about it and I usually am by now, so that affirms that I need to get out of the funk I’m feeling. Like I said, I have absolutely no reason for it. Omad was a t-bone, squid rings and tentacles, and a couple eggs.
image image image

(Linda ) #338

That’s awful to hear that although some things are improving…losing hearing and frozen shoulder are pretty major…seems like something is working its way through your body… I sure hope you get some definite answers from somewhere.

(Robin) #339

A peppermint tree! How wonderful! I would probably regularly crush some leaves in my hands just to smell like mint all day.
I hope you get some answers. I have one eat that blocks on occasion and drives me mad. Two would be the pits! Besides the loss of hearing, the accompanying dizziness is maddening. Good luck! Keep us in the loop.

(Michael) #340

First meal was all beef: tongue, heart, liver and bone marrow

Second meal was fresh pork belly and eggs with cheese and mussels chaser.

(Edith) #341

Gosh, one more day until December. I can’t believe we are almost to the end of 2021. It went by much faster than 2020. Lol.

I have to admit, I was a little naughty during the holiday weekend, but I am back on carnivore tract today. The only side effect is some water retention. One thing about these little off-plan excursions is that the bloating occurs right away, but the end of the bloating takes many days. :unamused:

I have a feeling I will be a little off plan again for Christmas and New Year’s Eve, so all the more reason to participate in @Fangs challenge for the new year. :wink: