NoVegNovemberCarniStyle

WOW like VE said this month is flying by and Dec is gonna hit soon and into that new year

I got bloating also :frowning: I guess thru that D episode I didnā€™t eat or drink much but havenā€™t eaten alot at all, but man I drank tons of water yesterday. bottle after bottle of it! I got so bloaty and literally my guts swished as I walked thru my day LOL but I blew up also. Just water bloat for sure.

Today I feel so bloaty again. I need days, just like VE said on regular life again after that incident to get back to normal. At least I know what it is from :wink:

Never ate my chops yesterday.

I ate a good pile of taylor ham and salami slices.
then I drank TONS of water which literally put me off my chops.

So little food yesterday.

Yes I am eating those chops first meal. I am hunggggry :slight_smile:
second meal, not sure but I do have chick breast available.

I need to get some defrosting happening here and some bit of bulk cooking to help me along.

Hold strong guysā€¦this year is flying and a new one is coming and we are all doing great!

@Ketodaisy
sorry for your funk mood. I get it in winter. Not a doubt. I go ā€˜more darkā€™ and all that jazz the minute my high temps leave and I start to freeze. I just keep trying like crazy to pull me out of it but the day I know I am good is high spring when those temps hit into the 80s and I think SWIM time again! :slight_smile: Hang in there, shake it off any way ya can, that is all I can try to do also LOL

@FrankoBear
blocked ears too? my goodness. Happy to hear the joint aches subsided but it seems ā€˜to be movingā€™ around your body in some fashion? I sure am sending good healing vibes to you! No matter what, get in that ocean, that good salt water is great for your body, mind and soul :sunny:

@Azi
sounds like that job in Florida is more appropriate now? Probably rent that out once finished and back to FL you guys go?

I started this comment maybe 2 days ago? I kept forgetting my CF card, I have photos again!

I doubt most people in my country knows about it, I met it during all the many years I have been spending in fasting topics.
Itā€™s pure starvation to me (on the extreme low-cal days, obviously nonstop starvation is worse) but itā€™s me. I CANā€™T have only 5-600 kcal first meals under normal circumstances. Even 1500 is a stretch sometimes, itā€™s just too small and I canā€™t and doesnā€™t want to stand hunger.
Each to their own, I suppose but it still sounds a shock to a human body that is used to its generous amounts of daily foodā€¦ But if itā€™s this or staying unhealthily fatā€¦
I still would focus on a healthier and more satiating diet first, maybe that would solve the problem already?
I probably could very easily overeat having 2 fasting days a week without the right woe so thatā€™s the other thing. Why suffer the low-cal days if we canā€™t lose anything anyway as we mess it up on the higher-cal ones?
But again, each to their own. We obviously should choose a method that suits us.
Any forced calorie reduction is a total fail for me. I just continue to eat if I am hungry. Thatā€™s one reason I focus on good timing and food choices so much. Other, more important ones are to be healthy and comfortable. And to enjoy my food but thatā€™s easy, I always had very tasty food on all the woe I was on.

Itā€™s based on whatever woe one is on, isnā€™t it? Itā€™s like IF (Iā€™ve read itā€™s IF but how could it be if I donā€™t limit eating windows?), no rules regarding the woe.

[quote]Maybe try Dr Berries BBBE (Beef, butter,bacon,egg,)challengeā€¦ but its actually any ruminant meatsā€¦
[/quote]

I never heard about that one. I do meat and eggs on my strictest days but of course, with pork and without bacon. (One day I buy some expensive bacon and figure out if that is as bad as the cheaper onesā€¦ They are edible but not that good, I rather buy sausage, much better and more comfortable as no frying is needed. Or bresaola, thatā€™s beef at least.
I am always confused about bacon as the farm meat is never that. Bacon is some special processed stuff, right? Or the same cut smoked as a big slab may be called that too? I still donā€™t like that part as much as chuck, I like having lots of meat in it. Except the super fatty stuff I always have but thatā€™s cooked and some awesome things happen there.)

Hi guys, we got our 3rd vaccine, Pfizer this time! :slight_smile:
And I had a quite carni day as I only consumed waterā€¦ So, after more than 1.5 years, I did EF. I was away looking at geese (64000 on a not too far away lake), had a horrible headache all the time and was nauseous and my body can work logically sometimes so I had no hunger or any urge to eat. So I didnā€™t.
We did some shopping. I bought a piece of pork shoulders (just a bit above 5kg/11lbs), $1.5/lbs, itā€™s so awesome, I never found such great sales until recentlyā€¦ Almost but not quite this good. Itā€™s my top fav cut right now and buying at the counter it gets only a single thin nylon bag! I hate producing a lots of garbage, itā€™s painful enough humanity does it in extremely horrible amounts. This cut is tad too fatty, maybe (it depends on the point of view. I still find parts I consider too lean and give them to Alvaro but thatā€™s not much so he happily accepts it) but hopefully it will result in an even smaller food cost and less protein overeating (thatā€™s a bit wasteful)ā€¦ Sadly I seem to eat it in the same amounts as somewhat leaner cuts but I always need a bunch of other stuff for the latter. Not like I ever neglected my egg consumption when I had fatty meat but hopefully I will be more satiated with pork shoulders. There are so many factors changing at the same time that I donā€™t know yet. Time to make experiments. OMAD would fix one factor, thatā€™s helpful.

And we saw a beef tongue and bought that too! (We saw pork spleen too, never saw it before! But I wasnā€™t tempted to try that. Maybe one dayā€¦) Way less expensive than the cheapest beef cut (legs. if tongue isnā€™t considered a cut, I honestly donā€™t know) and if itā€™s anything like pork tongue (I guess so), itā€™s a proper meat (I love liver but thatā€™s very different from normal muscle meat) but special and very tasty! :smiley: Yay. I love tongue, I just never tried other animals, only pork.
Nice big piece, 1.58kg! We probably will store half of it in the freezer after cooking, itā€™s special and we donā€™t eat it galore. We will fry other meats tomorrow anyway.

Most of the animal products we bought yesterday:

The tongue after cooking:

The tip of it, sliced, before we covered it with paprika as itā€™s done here (Alvaro tried the New Zealand one, I already knew I strongly prefer Hungarian ones. I tried the tongue without it, nope, paprika must be included. garlic too, in the water, at least I could use my garlic for something, I never let them near my roasts anymore):

The liver/blood not-sausages are the not carni items but even so, they arenā€™t not very carby (it seems they didnā€™t overdo the rice in them, their carb content is a way lower number than normal for these. for some reason, these items are impossible to buy without rice here. I should make my own, itā€™s a rare case I buy them but itā€™s convenient here and there) and I plan to give most of it to Alvaro anyway. I will have pork shoulder roasts. I havenā€™t get bored of it yet but I had a tiny break anyway and 1-2 days are always enough.

Why I STILL can write this much about this cut that I used zillion times beforeā€¦?
Well I change. Chuck was my favorite (maybe still is but shoulders are on sale ALL the time and they go lower and they have more fat and thatā€™s good as I eat way more protein than what I could possibly need anyway. and I love fatty meat) but I think shoulders work better for OMAD. I need to add very much other food if I eat chuck roast. But I have little experience still, we will see, I am curious! But it will be surely very useful on the days when I donā€™t fancy many eggs.

What.
Well I still canā€™t comprehend some countries obsession with marshmallow to begin withā€¦ We barely have it and we have no traditions with them. We fried pork fat tissue over open fire (without meat so it wasnā€™t my fav but one can do it with a proper, meaty piece. and putting most of the rendered fat on bread slices. the rest will make the fire stronger), not marshmallows :smiley: I fried marshmallows once, maybe 3 years ago? A tiny one, itā€™s good shops sell that. Or not good but I was curious. Fun and very much not needed, I would choose a sausage over it any time (or a pickle and I find it way less desirable than before I tried carnivore) but itā€™s me. I wouldnā€™t have liked it in my super sugary past, I loved fatty sweets.

Carb legs are way outside of my reality but itā€™s fine. But I WILL buy shrimps for this Christmas, I canā€™t handle hearing about them and not eating them ever. I could have bought some ages ago but I know they donā€™t really worth it, itā€™s just a tiny variety, little fun. Without all the joy my normal food can provide. But it will be fine ones. Salmon and shrimps and lots of pork roast, thatā€™s my plan for Christmas.

I saw tinned salmon in a shop, it happens sometimesā€¦ 5% sugar therefore inedible for me. I noticed this level is what I find insanely sugary, itā€™s definitely not something I like to handle ever.
Itā€™s good there is plain salmon in small amounts available too. 400g, thatā€™s cute. Just a taste for me, a bit more for Alvaro, itā€™s enough.

Oh poor you, @Fangs, I hope you are fine now!!! [I didnā€™t send this so now I see you do, yay!] Your food wasnā€™t even anything bad from my viewpoint, itā€™s sad people can be this sensitive but as long as one is happy with their own normal food, itā€™s not so bad I supposeā€¦ Still sad. But I tend to eat off quite spectacularly sometimesā€¦ With way less consequences. I still thrive to feel as good as I can so the response of my body still matters a lot, no matter how subtle.

We have rain now, slight frost in the mornings sometimes. Still not particularly cold but itā€™s November in Hungary, nothing very surprising.

This is cute (apart the bad feelings, thatā€™s unfortunate :frowning: )ā€¦ I still donā€™t understand the charm of stair running but I can respect being passionate about it :slight_smile:
Itā€™s good to see you gets more active again (or plan to but surely you will). You always seemed someone who would be miserable without it and indeed, activity does a lot to stay more or less fine (physically, emotionally, probably even mentally) especially if we want that for a long time. My activity plummeted lately and I start to feel the consequencesā€¦ Walking gives me more energy and a better mood :slight_smile:

[ā€¦]

@Azi: Alvaroā€™s workplace checks temperature sometimesā€¦ There was a period when it was a thing and he had a similarly low tempā€¦ Cycling in not very warm weather tends to cool down an uncovered foreheadā€¦ Nowadays cycling is out but he runs twice a week.

We tasted the beef tongue. Very different from the pig one! It was way softer (but we cooked it in a pressure cooker for 80 minutes), it has wonderful fatty partsā€¦ Maybe the pork is tastier, I need to buy that againā€¦ But I liked the softness. Alvaro disliked the softness and he wants the leaner parts. We will buy it again if we see it!

[ā€¦]
Another day passed. Oh the tongue is wonderfulā€¦ Itā€™s like the pork tongue: very different at different parts. And itā€™s not like the pork one, itā€™s different, fatty-smooth! I didnā€™t try them both enough to see what I like better but I like both a lot!
I ate some very soft part today, it reminded me of some pĆ¢tĆ© minus the liver flavorā€¦ But the texture, the wholeness, being perfect all alone (I totally eat my homemade pĆ¢tĆ© all alone but I can do that with almost anything)! And I wondered why people overcomplicate everything when animals have so perfect parts alreadyā€¦? I understand a lot but lots of recipes are truly super complicated and it doesnā€™t make it better if you ask me. But maybe my taste is simpler. I never liked those dishes with multiple very strong flavors, I wouldnā€™t know what to listen for. Sometimes they can fuse into one great thing but sometimes I feel we have too many ā€œrulersā€ā€¦
But really, I want some cheaper meat type thing with lots of fat? I just need beef tongue, itā€™s even tastier than pĆ¢tĆ©. Okay, it has less taste IMO but that taste is better.
I have a new favorite now! :smiley: Beef tongue is a blessing for a hedonist with my tastes!

I even see interesting patterns in it :slight_smile: So itā€™s a visual joy as well.

(Karen) #344

Had to take my monitor back to the hospital today so decided earlier would be best plan and it was. It was -4 and had to scrape ice and snow off windscreen. After dropping the monitor off I popped over to B&Q (diy store) and picked up some small tins of paint. Then went straight to the CrossFit box to support one of the coaches doing an over 50s resilience class for newbies. That didnā€™t finish till nearly 2pm so 8 was very ready to get home and eat.

Brunch was cold pork while I had 2 breast of lamb cooking in oven.

Dinner lamb breast. I ate one and saved the other for tomorrow. Also had some cheese and just eaten some shrimp. All done now ā€¦ in fact I was done after the pork lol but knew it wasnā€™t enough. Photo shows half of the one I ate left with the other!

(Michael) #345

Definitely one of my favorites. I plan to eat a tongue a week, every week :grinning:. Beef at least. I have not tried pork yet, but I prefer beef over Buffalo or sheep so far

(Daisy) #346

Iā€™m trying to do omad this week. Todayā€™s omad was 2 eggs, a lamb steak and a :cut_of_meat:. I had allowed myself to have bone broth jello this evening if I needed it, but I donā€™t! Iā€™m feeling a little bit back to normal today, still not quite back to my cheery self, but closer to normal. Iā€™m thinking it may have been because of the off plan foods I ate Thursday.
image image

(Michael) #347

First meal was the last piece of beef tongue with beef heart and bone marrow. A small meal for me. Then I started a new item for me, after cooking:

First two stomach compartments for sheep. Had a quarter of the stomach fried in butter with large slice of pork belly, eggs and cheese.

(Linda ) #348

Today I had a late start eating didnā€™t get to eat til almost three so it made for a one meal only todayā€¦
So my meal today was picanha steakā€¦
@Shinita yeah I had my third shot it was Moderna only got a slight sore arm but my husband ended up with flu like symptoms and a fever but today he was feeling alit better.

@Ketodaisy
yes it could have been the off plan foods. Our bodies go deflated sometimes on the junk we feed it, we do truly ā€˜feel itā€™ so I am happy to hear you are on the upswing.

@Karen18
going to Norfolk and no stairs around :slight_smile: Can you do that ā€˜step areboicsā€™ type activity. Where ya just step up and down on a platform and that could kinda give you some type of step activity? Just thinking out loud LOL

----------------My 3 pork chops were so yummy yesterday
I ate a tad later so I ended up not eating a bigger meal, just had a tin of sardines, few slices of salami and a small hunk of cheddar.

Today I am defrosting a nice pack of beef tenderloin I scored on markdown. It isnā€™t much meat in the package so I am gonna team it up with a chicken breast.

Meal 2 for the day, not sure just yet :slight_smile: I did defrost some burgers to cook up to have some ready in the fridge, so I probably will jump on a few of those if needed.

I am ā€˜one of thoseā€™ who despises being sick in any way and it was a pleasure to have my normal carnivore bathroom run again :slight_smile: I AM SO over going overboard on too much fat, too much different seafood and meats combined to give me that experience again HA One of the reasons I hold carnivore so tight, the benefits to my entire life daily! I wonā€™t go backwards towards ill health in any way, I donā€™t wanna cause I love how I feel on ZC. So my ā€˜fancy Xmas dinnerā€™ I was concocting in my head, NOPE. I am now back to beef filet mignon and shrimp. I KNOW I do fab on that combo, I am not buying any other seafood or meat stuffs to ā€˜change it into some crazy holiday feastā€™ of meats/seafood I might not do well on. To me my meals are my life, my holiday from ill health in any way day by day so I am keeping my butt in the plain and simple and what works best for me category now at all times. I screwed up a good couple of days of my life with gut issues, I ainā€™t going there again. One thing I love is my consistency of great gut health, every day of my life, in great form and no issues and I actually love that about my change into ZCā€¦wonā€™t do that again!

Finish up Nov in strong great ZC form everyone!

(Edith) #350

As you all know, Iā€™ve been taking in a fair bit of extra salt. It has really make a big difference, especially with my sleep. Since I upped my salt intake, I am finally sleeping through the night, no more waking up at 3:30 AM and stressing. Previously, I when I woke up, I would listen to a boring podcast on low, and the droning voices would lull me back to sleep. Now if if my eyes happen to open at 3 AM, I fall right back to sleep. This November has been my best month of sleep in years.

Last week I felt like I may have overdosed a little with the salt, I cut back over the course of a few days. At first, I didnā€™t notice any difference, so I thought maybe that need for so much extra salt was going down, especially with the cold weather. Well, sure enough, the poor sleep quality returned, almost right away, actually. And then so did the heart palpitations. Yesterday, I added my salt supplement back in and sure enough, slept like a baby, heart beating nice and steady.

I know Fangs is a super salter. Iā€™m curious, how about the rest of you on carnivore?

VE that is great you are learning what you require.

yes I am a super salter. Have been since birth HAHA

I find cutting salt very hard to do, I just donā€™t want to do it at all. I find ā€˜no true needā€™ just yet to even attempt it and since I am doing so well, my super salting days will continue. I thought of taking on no salt and all that but in the end, right now, since I am so great on zc with my personal salt, I ainā€™t changing anything :slight_smile:

Happy Nov was such a great sleep month, and more to come!!

+1 for super salting too.

Low salt seems to be a migraine trigger for me.

I think that is interesting. I have rarely had headaches of any kind in my life except for ā€˜so many hangover headachesā€™ in my 20s and early 30sā€¦but other than a real sinus headache from my allergies which I can easily handle with allergy OTC meds, I never get a real headache. I get pressure type issues which is a throb clogged type low head ā€˜acheā€™ ya know.

A real one. If I got a real headache now I would probably think I have a brain tumor or something.

I am shocked actually at the number of the population that have bad headaches on daily basis into the migraine form. My hubby can get ones that nail him thru like chrome on a car flashing him while driving and more. I never get issues like that.

I find myself so fortunate and if your higher salt intake helps you S with migraines to that level, maybe my big salt intake per day really has been keeping things at bay that I didnā€™t even realize in any way? huh

I am glad there is another super salter on the thread :100:

(Robin) #354

@Fangs itā€™s remarkable how just adding a few extras (even keto friendly) can make your body sound the alarm. Pretty fantastic really, cuz it just strengthens our resolve to stay in our lane.

yes and many ā€˜say in some formā€™ that is wrongā€™ cause we are desensitizing ourselves to foods and is that a wrong thing to do?

Heck no it isnā€™t and wonā€™t ever be that!

Thing is WE HAVE to FEEL us on every bite we take.

Once someone goes ZC then adding back is key. You can add back a tad of this or that and then you do fine, add back a tad of this and you get wrecked. Be it all carnivore but ā€˜made for usā€™ and who knows what goes in that cooking to buying processed and moreā€¦?? I know me and I am gonna do me come heck or highwater from this day forward and I CHOSE ME thru it all!

I AM SO over being wrecked feeling so darn good on my lifestyle.

I put years into finding me and darn if I wonā€™t go down ever giving that up. I am far from a newbie into ā€˜all this changeā€™ so I am dead set done deal ya know. I know me, done. But many arenā€™t quite there yet and have to walk that walk, which is annoying as heck and a mind f for alot of us but heck, once here, we know it :slight_smile:

(Robin) #356

@Fangs I sure hope you were standing on a table, fist raised for that wonderful declaration! Well said, friend!

oh been there and am and this stupid Tday ā€˜feastā€™ showed me stop the BS out there on what eating is thru every day, holidays and being dragged out included!

I got the carb family. No choice/control there but 99.9% of the time I do9 me, this time, I caved at ate IT ALL, ZC of course but SO MUCH extra and off my day that in a way I wondered would I go down, darn right I did LOL So that stupid call was me and all on me but NOT anymore.

I am so here, I ainā€™t leaving or changing for a holiday, an event, a whatever or a vacay.

Yea once you truly see it you know. I know deep down!

Again took me ages to get here but this last ditch effort to conform to whatever, over it all LOL

(Michael) #358

I do not salt almost anything for taste naturally. Just because I seem to be a super low salt eater, I try to remember to add salt (although I honestly do not feel like I need it) recently now that I am not eating processed foods. I have never salted or spiced any foods (with the exception of salting french fries in the past) my entire life, so it is hard to remember to do it now. But, having said this, I have not noticed any issue with low salt, nor a change when I do get extra salt for a few days. At least, not that I have noticed.

(Heather) #359

Your issues with sleeping describes me to a ā€œTā€. I wake up nightly at 2:54 am to use the bathroom. I am then awake for at least an hour with things running through my head. I put in an earbud and listen to relaxing sounds, which sometimes helps, sometimes not.

I have stopped salting my food for the most part, due to the edema I was suffering with because of too much sodium. I am very prone to inherited poor circulation, so itā€™s a catch-22 for me. Have swollen legs, or eat more salt. Of course, things are better right now, because weā€™re experiencing cooler weather, which is nice. In the summer, my legs are horrible, not matter what I do, it seems.

So, it would seem my options are to salt more and possibly sleep better, but have cankles or donā€™t salt and have crummy sleep.

Hmmmmā€¦:thinking::thinking::thinking:

(Edith) #360

Thatā€™s a tough one. I am on the vain side. I would possibly choose poor sleep over cankles. :rofl::joy::crazy_face:

(Heather) #361

Ditto :joy: