Newbie with questions as prolific as bacon in a Keto diet!

This might be a better alternative to Powerade Zero.

(Heather~KWOL for life!) #22

I started about the same time on this path that you did. I am waiting for my 30 day mark to make my big post :grin: But, I wanted you to know youā€™re not alone, as many here have. My ex hubby/current partner (lengthy boring story) started this at the same time, he also has lost weight quicker than me, and around 1-2 weeks in I was almost discouraged but read this forum and realized that my NSV were so much more important and I have a lot of healing to do from the way I used to eatā€¦ but I have maintained the 4lb loss and I actually have side-boob bra gap!!! Now THAT is victory :joy::rofl::joy::rofl: I had a hysterectomy at 39, 8 1/2 years ago, I have been on cholesterol meds since 2010, I had Graves Disease (hyperthyroid) diagnosed in 2007 which went into remission with meds and now am hypo- for the last several years, am back on hormone replacement. Nowā€¦I realized I have rambled (I do have ADD, or as I like to say ā€œI can ADDā€) geez :chipmunk: much (self) ? Do not fret over you and hubbyā€™s differences, women and men are uniquely and wonderfully different. My ketones stay right at 2.0-2.5, and I measure how I feel. Be proud of your successesā€¦Iā€™m sorry your hubby has kidney stones, I have had 3 kiddos, and one kidney stone that Iā€™d like to have thought the pain would definitely kill me! Sorry for the ramble! But since I typed it Iā€™m gonna post it lol

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

(TJ Borden) #24

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

(TJ Borden) #25

Iā€™ve actually noticed that too. Not all the time, but certainly with more frequency than I did for a the past many years

I think you misunderstood my original comment, regarding Lisa. (Although I can understand how that was easy for you to do. :wink:)

Actually, she did all the research and legwork before we started eating keto, then after we had been on the diet for awhile, she went on to follow her true passion: Art!

Now, she spends all her free time with her crafting friends on YouTube and Facebook, and leaves it to me to harass the members of this forum. :grin:

(Running from stupidity) #27

Well, YAY for us, I guessā€¦

You can always take up crafting. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I thought Iā€™d started dreaming a lot more. However, I suppose it could be that Iā€™m just remembering more!

Oh, and Jackie, please please please donā€™t stop posting :kissing_heart:

(mole person) #30

Thatā€™s excellent. I always like to mention careful tracking because I didnā€™t at first. I did whatā€™s called ā€˜Lazy Ketoā€™ and it worked fineā€¦ until it didnā€™t. Then, when I started actually counting, I realized I was blowing past 50 g more often then not.

That makes a lot of sense.

Oh, and by the way, my husband loses annoyingly well on keto also. He dropped all the way to the point where he eats extra meals because heā€™s worried heā€™s getting too skinny. :rage:

ā€œWe hates it, we hates it, we hates it, FOREVER!ā€

Say it isnā€™t so! I can change a lot of stuff about myself, but I think Iā€™m stuck with my ā€œJā€-ness. :joy:

And please tell me youā€™re an author. If youā€™re not, you should be.

(Debbie Nicola Piazza) #32

JackieBlue ā€¦ I, too, am having an extremely difficult time losing weight (Iā€™m 59 yrs old). Iā€™ve been doing keto for 6 months now and only after 2 fasts, have I been able to lose weight. It took a good 3-4 months to perfect keto ā€¦ eliminating dairy, except for a splash of heavy cream in my coffee in the morning, totally eliminating alcohol and intermittent fasting. I still have only dropped 15 lbs at this point, but my body LQQKS as if Iā€™ve dropped more! Donā€™t get discouraged! I feel like I am healing and eliminating fat from the inside OUT!!! Keep calm and keto on! BTW ā€¦ YOU ARE HILARIOUS!!! Love your sense of humor!

yes me too, weird!

I know @Ilana_Rose has given you lots of great feedback, and maybe this was in there somewhere, sorry if I missed it somehow. Just wanted to add that there are some people on the forums who have reported getting stalled on various sweeteners, stevia in particular. It appears not to be a problem for many (though for some of us sweeteners have the more mental issue of making satiety signals harder to monitor), but just something else to experiment with if you need to.

(Jackie Blue) #35

Damn it, I was just thinking itā€™s high time
To start adding some alcoholā€¦

(Jackie Blue) #36

Ha!! I caught the bitch redhanded!! See the protein bar here? The packaging says ā€˜3g-4g net carbsā€™ and she takes 7 net carbs from me! Somebody explain this to me before I start stabbing my iPhone with an avocado-besmirched fork!

So, tell me again so it maybe starts to sink in. Can I really only eat 1 Omelette, 4 little cheese squares and a protein bar and be over my protein?! I ate this by lunch time and now itā€™s dinner and iā€™m
Starving! Hubby is making Parmesan chicken and what can I have? Cement dust? Vodka? Brussels sprouts soaked in tears? Lard and sadness? More vodka??

(Jackie Blue) #37

Iā€™m naming my Keto app Jolene.
ā€œJolene, Jolene, Jolene, Jolene
Iā€™m begging of you please donā€™t take my macs
Jolene, Jolene, Jolene, Jolene
Please donā€™t take them just because you can.ā€

(Empress of the Unexpected) #38

Itā€™s unreal how quickly the protein adds up - Iā€™m always close to double by the end of dinner.

(Diana ) #39

Jackie, I am sure enjoying reading your posts. I have chuckled out loud several times. Please consider a career in writing if it is not your current career.
As another woman ā€œof a certain ageā€ , actually way past that age, I have a hard time losing, too. One tip I have taken from someone on here, I think, is to add a little salt to your water that you drink between meals. It does seem to keep the hunger at bay.
Oh, and also, If you need to add more fat, cream cheese can be your friend. I eat it like any other cheese, just cut off a hunk.

(Wendy) #40

Okay this is my advice. Donā€™t waste time with protein bars and donā€™t worry about your protein macros. I eat two or three eggs, yesterday I had I think 5 because I had deviled eggs and several pieces of bacon, because I was hungry yesterday morning. (I ate the eggs in the morning and for dinner. ) I also had two small chicken thighs at lunch. Iā€™m sure thatā€™s over some protein macro, but Iā€™m still losing weight and Iā€™m not hungry all the time.
When I first started I ate more. I think you sabotage yourself when you make yourself stay hungry. Your body thinks itā€™s starving and slows your metabolism down. Avoid the processed foods as much as you can. Instead of some packaged bar have a handful of strawberries and a little hwc. Delish, gives you a bit of sweet and in MHO much more satisfying.
Just some thoughts from another ā€œolderā€ loser. :laughing: