Newbie with questions as prolific as bacon in a Keto diet!

I’m sure if you were shot, they’d be easier to remember. :grin:

Great advice @Ilana_Rose! I agree, let’s get @JackieBlue sorted out, so she’ll stick with the forum. #helpJackieBlue

(God, I’ve been reading too many of @juice’s comments. :weary:)

(Jackie Blue) #17

Ilana,
Thank you for the wonderful and thorough response. That makes a lot of sense to me! I do track all my
Macros very carefully, (all the way into the red as I pass them by, ha!) as well as build all my recipes in the app before I even let myself start eating. I will probably walk off a cliff one day as I am tracking and then all my rants about Pokemon Go and why my kids can’t play it will be but a searing hypocrisy to carve on my headstone! Please promise to make me a memorial thread here called, “She was only tracking her macros, you family of Harpies!” And don’t forget to add that I was doing it faithfully even though I had a rotten thieving app that stole extra macros from me at every meal. I’m starving away and my app is growing an ass like Jabba the Hut…

Your description of the difference in hunger cues is spot-on and helps me pinpoint a snag for me: it’s
Definitely the Invisalign! Having all this stuff in my mouth is triggering the digestion process for me right now constantly.

I was very athletic in my vigorous youth and trained myself to fast and go long periods b/t meals. I also dabbled in Keto for our epileptic son about 10 yrs ago. You reminded me of that hunger-is-my-friend-and actually-makes-me-feel-more-alive feeling I should be achieving.

The fact that I am still having that hunger-like-I-have-a -bellyful-of-air-and-need-to-fill-it-up-with-something-like-the-house-cat in the mornings more than any other time after sleeping all night with these things in my mouth is my biggest clue. Plus I have the constant urge to remove them.

I am hoping I adjust to them as my body adjusts to this WOE. I am going to try the old WW trick of drinking a liter of water b/t meals when the hunger starts sharpening its claws. Will drinking a Powerade Zero at these times be counterproductive, do you think?

(Jackie Blue) #18

Oh, Darren, Darren, Darren.
I love your wife even more now if you really can’t tell the difference b/t good sex and bad. The woman is a saint.
Now allow me to do her a good turn:
Greasy and limp during sex = not so good
Greasy and limp after sex = good
Cigarette = No carbs = can I eat it??

Got it! Thanks for clearing that up for me. I know I can be slow sometimes. Honestly, I think my mind stopped processing after the word “sex”. Go figure. :man_shrugging:

On to my second cigarette.

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #20

I’ve noticed remembering my dreams again. Not that I can think of any right now. I had been wondering if something was wrong with me because I wasn’t remembering dreams for a long time. When I was younger I had vivid, sci-fi quality, like Brazil, type dreams that I could control. I missed that. But now if I oversleep I can remember dreams from the time after my alarm tells me I should be up (so bossy!) You give me hope that I can have some weird things going on that I only figure out aren’t real because they defy the laws of physics and the known color spectrum again.

This might be a better alternative to Powerade Zero.

(Heather~KWOL for life!) #22

I started about the same time on this path that you did. I am waiting for my 30 day mark to make my big post :grin: But, I wanted you to know you’re not alone, as many here have. My ex hubby/current partner (lengthy boring story) started this at the same time, he also has lost weight quicker than me, and around 1-2 weeks in I was almost discouraged but read this forum and realized that my NSV were so much more important and I have a lot of healing to do from the way I used to eat… but I have maintained the 4lb loss and I actually have side-boob bra gap!!! Now THAT is victory :joy::rofl::joy::rofl: I had a hysterectomy at 39, 8 1/2 years ago, I have been on cholesterol meds since 2010, I had Graves Disease (hyperthyroid) diagnosed in 2007 which went into remission with meds and now am hypo- for the last several years, am back on hormone replacement. Now…I realized I have rambled (I do have ADD, or as I like to say “I can ADD”) geez :chipmunk: much (self) ? Do not fret over you and hubby’s differences, women and men are uniquely and wonderfully different. My ketones stay right at 2.0-2.5, and I measure how I feel. Be proud of your successes…I’m sorry your hubby has kidney stones, I have had 3 kiddos, and one kidney stone that I’d like to have thought the pain would definitely kill me! Sorry for the ramble! But since I typed it I’m gonna post it lol

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

(TJ Borden) #24

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

(TJ Borden) #25

I’ve actually noticed that too. Not all the time, but certainly with more frequency than I did for a the past many years

I think you misunderstood my original comment, regarding Lisa. (Although I can understand how that was easy for you to do. :wink:)

Actually, she did all the research and legwork before we started eating keto, then after we had been on the diet for awhile, she went on to follow her true passion: Art!

Now, she spends all her free time with her crafting friends on YouTube and Facebook, and leaves it to me to harass the members of this forum. :grin:

(Running from stupidity) #27

Well, YAY for us, I guess…

You can always take up crafting. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I thought I’d started dreaming a lot more. However, I suppose it could be that I’m just remembering more!

Oh, and Jackie, please please please don’t stop posting :kissing_heart:

(mole person) #30

That’s excellent. I always like to mention careful tracking because I didn’t at first. I did what’s called ‘Lazy Keto’ and it worked fine… until it didn’t. Then, when I started actually counting, I realized I was blowing past 50 g more often then not.

That makes a lot of sense.

Oh, and by the way, my husband loses annoyingly well on keto also. He dropped all the way to the point where he eats extra meals because he’s worried he’s getting too skinny. :rage:

“We hates it, we hates it, we hates it, FOREVER!”

Say it isn’t so! I can change a lot of stuff about myself, but I think I’m stuck with my “J”-ness. :joy:

And please tell me you’re an author. If you’re not, you should be.

(Debbie Nicola Piazza) #32

JackieBlue … I, too, am having an extremely difficult time losing weight (I’m 59 yrs old). I’ve been doing keto for 6 months now and only after 2 fasts, have I been able to lose weight. It took a good 3-4 months to perfect keto … eliminating dairy, except for a splash of heavy cream in my coffee in the morning, totally eliminating alcohol and intermittent fasting. I still have only dropped 15 lbs at this point, but my body LQQKS as if I’ve dropped more! Don’t get discouraged! I feel like I am healing and eliminating fat from the inside OUT!!! Keep calm and keto on! BTW … YOU ARE HILARIOUS!!! Love your sense of humor!

yes me too, weird!

I know @Ilana_Rose has given you lots of great feedback, and maybe this was in there somewhere, sorry if I missed it somehow. Just wanted to add that there are some people on the forums who have reported getting stalled on various sweeteners, stevia in particular. It appears not to be a problem for many (though for some of us sweeteners have the more mental issue of making satiety signals harder to monitor), but just something else to experiment with if you need to.

(Jackie Blue) #35

Damn it, I was just thinking it’s high time
To start adding some alcohol…