Newbie keto eating diary (advice welcome)

(Running from stupidity) #41

Erythritol, but it’s one of those things you really need to test for yourself.

thanks all!

One more question about fibers & carbs.
i understood that you can deduct the fiber grams from the carbs like that App does but on some products i see there are more fibers than carbs.
for instance some nuts or coconut flour, it mentions carbs 17.7gr and fiber 41gr
if you put that in the app you get (17.7 - 41) carbs so resulting in a big negative.
That doesn’t make sense, so in that case just enter 0gr carbs? or reduce carbs by 50% so 8gr or so? i guess not all carbs are in the form of unprocessed fiber…

regards,
bjorn

(Allie) #43

They will already be showing net carbs. Any foods produced in Europe are already listed as net carbs.

(mole person) #44

What @Shortstuff said. So in the above example that you gave the net carbs are 17.7 grams.

ok thanks.

but its weird, not sure how it can be 41gr/100gr fiber. That seems very high to me and i guess just wrong.
if you look at coconut milk or coconut parts or whatever other coconut variation, you don’t get fibers above 14gr. Perhaps its not 100% coconut and they mixed something else in the flour (?)…
perhaps i find out when delivered…

(Allie) #46

Coconut flour is extremely high in fibre which is why it soaks up so much liquid in recipes.