i started a keto diet just a week ago but still have some trouble finding a balance.
Feedback of the ‘oldies’/everybody really, is therefor much appreciated so i thought perhaps i if write down in this topic what i eat, (as kind of daily food diary),
My goal is not to loose weight, my bmi is 20 and i never had an (over)weight issue. i have a high metabolism. i’m interested in better health, and general feeling better. assumed the fat burning helps with more even energy distribution…
As a starting point, i had my cholesterol tested last week haven’t heard the results yet, will post them as a get them.
for what i got so far is that i was too enthusiastic. i tried to limit my carbs but i think i ate too much (fat, other things). so i’m trying to find my balance there…
this morning i did not eat. Apart form keto, i want to do some experiments with (intermittent) fasting. i ate last night around 18:00. and i had some lunch 13:00 today (must say i didn’t really feel hungry but i want to start the fasting slowly)
3 slices of bacon
1 egg scrambled
some cream cheese i mixed through the scramble egg.
3mg of curcoma (yellow root)
1 spoon of flaxseed oil for omega 3
i used ghee as butter
Some resources i liked:
- youtube channel of thomas delaue
- via netflix, ‘the magic pill’ https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6035294/?ref_=nv_sr_1
- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqYPhGiB9tkShZorfgcL2lA/search?query=keto has some interesting videos, including keto
- yesterday i tried to make this pizza crust, was eatable but needs work https://hip2keto.com/recipe/fat-head-pizza-crust-recipe/
- Interview with Thomas N. Seyfried on "Cancer as a Metabolic Disease" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wY-JZ6TTNh8
i guess the listening to your body, eat when you’re hungry is my biggest challenge. instead of the more common 3 meals a day at fixed times…