Easy keto box lunch

(@Insulin_Resistant) #1

hi all:

Thanks for chiming on in my “easy keto restaurant lunch” thread.

Now, I am trolling for suggestions on easy keto “bring to work” lunch.

As a comment, I think I am eating too much protein and not enough fat.

Suggestions for easy lunches that meet the proper keto macro requirements?

Thanks!

Newbie Ideas
(Lonnie Hedley) #2

I pack 4-6 hard boiled eggs. Then I eat individual packets of butter as an after meal treat. If the office is out of butter packets, I bring my own 2-3 tbls.

I have a bento box with sealed little sections. I fill it with whatever I have in the fridge; sliced boiled egg, cheese, sausage, bacon, avo, ham/cream cheese roll ups, leftover dinner. Sometimes full fat Greek yoghurt with vanilla or orange essence and sweetener.

I like to pack some pepperet sticks, cheese, slice of cold meats, olives, avocado, maybe some leftovers from dinner…

(Steve) #5

If you feel you’re not getting enough fat, you could make up a bulletproof coffee at home and put it in a thermos.
Cheddar has more fat than Mozzarella or Monterey jack (the Old cracker barrel one has 11g of fat for every 30g of cheese).
Leftover italian sausages should be good and fatty too. Maybe take some hot mustard to dunk them in? :slight_smile:
Celery is pretty harmless in terms of its carb content. You could take some celery sticks and make up some flavoured mayo to dip them in. (1/2 cup of Hellmann’s mayo has 80g of fat)

(Edith) #6

What about leftovers from dinner the previous day?

(Julie ) #7

I use left overs or dishes I pre-cooked for lunches. Bring them in the liner for the Crockpot reheat pot. This way I have a nice warm lunch each day and then add a salad for a complete meal.