New Here, Starting Keto next week

(Kerin ) #21

Remember, if it says 1carb and 1fiber, that’s a 0 carb count. Fiber negates carb. Some folks don’t count carbs from protein (eggs and cheese) but some do. I do. Also, I did go carb crazy after the first 9 days, I did not feel bad, I just went out for a vigorous exercise jaunt to get back on track. Been fine since and am on day 19 today. Even down 1 more pound.

(LeeAnn Brooks) #22

It’s better to eat three meals a day if you’re having hunger vs snacking. Don’t rush the skipping meals. Listen to your body. If you’re hungry, eat lunch.

In time, you will easily be able to skip meals.

(Robert Smith) #23

Ah, I will try to do this tomorrow. I had a string cheese and 1 ounce of pepperoni

(Robert Smith) #24

Had my lunch late today. I could barely even finish it. Unfortunately I had to make it twice. Today was my first time eating avocado and it made my tongue and throat itch :frowning: I’m allergic

(Raj Seth) #25

Eat when hungry. If hungry for a snack - super size it to a meal. Then wait till you’re hungry again. Don’t worry about exactly hitting those pesky macros. Just track the carbs. Some protein and get all of your nourishment from Faaaaaaat

(Robert Smith) #26

I have an exogenic ketone supplement. Can I have that along with a snack? Sorry so many questions. Just don’t want to do any of this wrong

Good luck with the journey. I’m also starting out this week. Hoping I adjust easily, as I am sure you are too.

BTW - thank you for your service! I am grateful for my freedom. :blush:

(Robert Smith) #29

So day two is upon me. Interesting happenings last night. I woke up like every 2 hours and felt untired each time.

Out of bed I felt not very hungry. Shocking as I am a man that has to eat upon waking up in the am.

So dar so good. 12g of carbs consumed yesterday. 166g fat and 128g of protein

(Robert Smith) #30

Thank you for your support! It’s greatly appreciated! I miss wearing the uniform. Fully transitioning to civilian life is indeed different!

Have you started already? How are you feeling?

Yes, I started yesterday. Surprised I’m not all that hungry. Must be all the fat. :wink: I did have a really bad headache yesterday and AGAIN today… and feeling a bit more fatigue. Tried guzzling lots of water (which I already do anyway) to help with the headaches.

How are you feeling on day two?

(Robert Smith) #32

I’m sorry to hear of your woes! I hope that you break through the headaches. You should try a Potassium Sodium supplement. You may be lacking electrolytes.

Like you, I woke up with no hunger, I was up and at em’ from the start of the day. I had a huge breakfast loaded with fats, so i decided to skip lunch(big mistake). I had a couple of snacks but at 7pm it got bad. I had such a strong hunger, I made my dinner and ate it. Was still hungry. Now I’m sitting here in starvation mode debating on if I should eat a cheese wedge to keep me through the night. Since you’re just starting out. Not sure if you have a tracker. The one I’m using is called Carb Manager. It’s on the app store. It’s a great help to calculate your caloric needs for the day. This was my day overall

Thanks for the tips. Will look into Potassium Sodium supplement. Not sure if I’ll start doing the tracking… probably should to see where I’m landing each day until I get adjusted to diet and knowing what’s working/not working. I have a demanding job (I know - shouldn’t be an excuse) but feel like I’ll forget to log foods during the day. Do you have this problem too?

BTW - have the cheese so you don’t feel like you’re starving before bed. :wink: I know I hate the stomach growlings and makes it hard to fall asleep.

I was not hungry tonight so just ate a whole avocado with a squeeze of lemon juice and salt + pepper.

(Ron) #34

@MarEE
This is what lots do to balance electrolytes.
KetoAide homemade

Thanks, Ron! Appreciate the recipe. :wink:

(Robert Smith) #36

Demanding job definitely can hinder dieting. I am in a very demanding field ask well. We can be resilient as individuals though! I felt the tracker was great as it applies the keto diet numbers you need to hit and take the guess work out.

I had the cheese and it made no difference lol! May tomorrow bring us easier feelings with this diet!

Awww, sorry the cheese didn’t help. Maybe a keto bomb next time?!?! Or some yummy bacon! Nom-Nom!!! (Searching for a salivating emoji to insert here! Lol) NOW I’m hungry!!!

Just down loaded the Carb Manager app. Will let you know if I keep at it. :wink:

(Robert Smith) #38

Yes it didn’t help lol but I had enough room in my macros to have an ounce of dry salami. Now that hit the spot!!! I need to learn about this fat bomb you speak of!

The app is truly helpful, especially when calculating food and portions. I think you’ll keep at it :slight_smile:

Do you have the Pinterest app? OMG - so many keto fat bomb (keto recipes in general) to search there. The only thing i warm you about if you haven’t used their app before… you may be looking at keto recipes one minute and then all of a sudden find yourself looking at home decor ideas… or… lol!

Hope you find something there to add to your recipe collection. I also :heart: these: https://juliasalbum.com/breakfast-egg-muffins-with-bacon-and-spinach/
I can throw these in my lunch bag to heat up at work for breakfast. I don’t sauté the spinach but chop it up really well and comes out great.

(Kerin ) #40

Off Keto topic.

How did you retract your post? I tried mine once but flagged it for the admin. (it worked though).

(Robert Smith) #41

I just selected to delete the post. It said it would be deleted in 24 hours unless it was flagged by an admin or something like that