My Keto Recipes

(traci simpson) #62

I can’t get my pictures to load?

Yipppee it showed! It’s a breakfast soufflé: 6 eggs, 1 cup of cheese, 1/2 cup heavy cream, 1/2 lb sausage (0.9 carbs) and then I added a few peppers and some spinach which I’m sure took the carbs up a tiny bit.

(traci simpson) #63

Have you tried making the dough with cauliflower?

Glad you got it sorted. … When inserting images, just make sure you wait for the upload to get to 100% before hitting reply. Also, you can preview it by clicking show preview before posting. Occasionally it gets a bit slow on the upload, but you should see errors, if the image is too large, etc.

(traci simpson) #65

Thanks!

(traci simpson) #66

that looks amazing!

No, not yet. I actually have a few ideas I want to try though. Might even try one of them this weekend.

(traci simpson) #68

I find it a little more moist.

(traci simpson) #69

I’ve made something called Flying Jacob Casserole - it’s got a high carb count (11) so it has to be like your main source for the day.
• 1 rotisserie chicken
• 2 tbsp butter
• 8 oz. diced bacon
• 9 oz. mushrooms
• 2 cups heavy whipping cream
• ½ cup mild chili sauce
• 1 tsp curry powder
• salt and pepper
• 1 banana
• ½ cup salted peanuts (I didn’t use peanuts)
• Cut the mushrooms into smaller pieces, and fry in butter with the bacon. Salt and pepper to taste.
• Debone the chicken, and cut it into bite-sized pieces.
• Place the pieces in a greased baking dish with bacon and mushrooms. Peel and slice the banana, and add to the bacon mixture.
• Whisk the heavy whipping cream until soft peaks form. Add chili sauce, curry, and salt and pepper to taste. Spread over the chicken.
• Bake in the oven for 20–25 minutes until the dish has turned a nice color.

I also made Golden low-carb granola

8 oz. pecans or hazelnuts or almonds

¾ cup unsweetened shredded coconut

1 cup sunflower seeds

4 tbsp pumpkin seeds

4 tbsp sesame seeds

¾ cup flaxseed

1 tbsp turmeric

1 tbsp ground cinnamon

2 tsp vanilla extract

½ cup almond flour

1 cup water

4 tbsp coconut oil

• Preheat the oven to 300°F (150°C). Chop the nuts coarsely in a food processor or with a sharp knife. Mix all ingredients in a bowl.

• Spread out on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Roast in the oven for 20 minutes. Be sure to set a timer. Nuts and seeds are heat sensitive and should not get burned.

• Remove from the oven and stir the mixture, then return to the oven for about 20 minutes more. Check again. When the granola feels almost dry, turn off the heat and let the granola cool in the residual heat of the cooling oven.

• Serve the granola with full-fat Greek yogurt with a tiny bit of vanilla powder and maybe some additional heavy cream. The granola is very nutritious and filling. A third to half a cup will go a long way.

Thanks, Traci. These look & sound very good. :+1: Might have to give these a go. :slight_smile:

My Wife made a Chicken/Ham/Broccoli Casserole the night before last that came out quite nice. Using HWC, Cream Cheese and Mozzarella to make a sauce, and Parmesan on top for browning. … Chicken (cut into bite size pieces) and then added the sliced Ham and Broccoli. Then she made the sauce and incorporated it all together and baked it until browned. She didn’t write anything down, so can’t provide the actually ingredients for it though. She just sort of winged it as she went.

Do you mean the crust? Or the Pizza itself overall? … As for me, though the crust does work as is, I do find it a little solid so to speak. I was thinking of trying out some other stuff to see if I can get more airy, or dough like. Not that I like thick dough for Pizza, since I’m not a big fan of bread in general, but it does take a lot of cheese and I think I may even be able to knock down the carb count on it some as well?

(traci simpson) #71

the crust is not as dense and has IMO a better consistency. It’s cauliflower - steamed for 6 minutes and then squeezed dry. Then you add one egg and parm cheese and roll it out and back for 8-10 min until slightly browned then add your ingredients and cook more until your cheese is melted.

(Garry (Canada)) #72

Your creativity is off the charts! :+1:

I’ve heard others mention making theirs with Cauliflower too, but no, I haven’t tried it yet myself. But I do like Cauliflower, so I may indeed enjoy it. (If I’m not mistaken, I thought I recently read somewhere that they were now selling Cauliflower based Pizza Crust?) At least I think I recall reading that somewhere?

Thanks, Gary. :+1: Always enjoy trying to come up with new recipes. Think it helps keep things exciting and not getting too mundane or basic. Even before switching over to this WOE/WOL, we would do this with Cakes and baking goods, as well as with making regular Meals. - But I also think staying or using Keto-Friendly ingredients is even more fun, since I enjoy these so much more. :slight_smile:

(traci simpson) #74

They do sell them in stores now but I’m hesitant now that I’ve made mine and it was awesome!!!

Always better to make things from scratch. Plus then you really know what’s all in them and can tweak them to your liking. :+1: … But for speeding up the process (which is needed at times) it would be good to know if they are any good? - Maybe someone on the forums has tried them and could shout out?

(traci simpson) #76

I do know it’s a bit pricey!

Oh, I’m sure. Taking advantage of the hype and those who just don’t want to fool with making them… :slight_smile:

(Diane) #78

Be careful of purchased cauliflower pizza crusts, most are not really low carb (more just gluten free). I’ve read about some that seem to be, but haven’t found them locally so far.

Yeah, and you know just how they like to sneak in those hidden carbs. :+1: I get weary when you start seeing new products focused on types of eating like LCHF. They know not everyone will do their home-work and just purchase. … That’s not to say they are all bad, but that one should keep an eye out. :slight_smile:
Thanks for the head’s up.

(traci simpson) #80

So since I’m new, I’m using Carrie Brown recipes however she doesn’t put the amount of carbs in the dishes sometimes and so I don’t know my numbers at the end of the day! Maybe I can send her an email or something?

Don’t think it would hurt to try? She may well have the information already, where she might share it?

Not real familiar with her myself, but think I’ve heard some others mention her name. … If you haven’t tried it already, you can also try out the ‘Diet Doctor’ website. They have some nice recipes themselves and if you scroll to the bottom, you can also set the desired serving, which automatically auto-adjust the ingredients, as well as the nutritional information. So you will at least not have to crunch the numbers yourself to figure it out. … I’ve only tried a couple, including the Fathead Pizza recipe, but mostly get inspiration and ideas from looking at what they have. If needed, you can find it in the link below.

They do have a membership I believe, but most is made available for free.