Dave's Progress Thread - Year II

(Jane) #321

I like the winged owl - you are very talented!

The mother/baby picture reminds me of the some of the remains they had on display at Pompeii. They were covered in ash so quickly many were frozen in time. There was even had a dog.

(Jane) #322

My biggest creative hobby is knitting. Here is a lace shawl in knitted from some yarn I bought in Venice while on vacation. It has 920 beads and each one had to be pulled through a stitch with a crochet needle.

(Running from stupidity) #323

Whoa

(Jane) #324

We should start a separate crafty thread line @Juice did with the photo thread.

(Running from stupidity) #325

Consider it done

(Running from stupidity) #326

(Ellen) #327

That’s pretty damn good Dave! I still have trouble staying inside the lines of colouring books :frowning_face:

(Ellen) #328

That’s a powerful image.

That’s real nice. :+1: - MY grandmother used to do all that, Knitting, Crocheting, etc. and I think V has mentioned she would like to do some knitting as well, but believe she has mostly just done Crocheting.

Hell, I don’t mind. Either way, just post em up. :slight_smile:

Thanks, Ellen. Appreciate it. :slight_smile:

(Susan) #330

Your “owl” reminds me of some Michael Parkes work. I have a few prints on canvas of his.

Thank you, Susan. :slight_smile: - And yep, I’m familiar with some of his work as well. Definitely a similar subject matter that I enjoy working with myself. - Similarly to Frank Frazetta or Boris Vallejo. Both were artist I was probably most influenced by, while growing up, especially FF. :slight_smile: … But the subject matter, being mostly fantasy, is not for everyone apparently, but it’s always been within my mind’s realm. :smile:

I’ll post a few more later tonight when I get home, to show what I mean.

(Susan) #332

I am thinking particularly of “Athena” https://www.art.com/products/p43521518792-sa-i10179293/michael-parkes-athena.htm

(Virginia ) #333

Nice work :slight_smile:

(Virginia ) #334

Nice Iced :slight_smile:

(Virginia ) #335

Very nice work Janie. :slight_smile: I have tons of glass beads and little crystals that I wanted to add to my crocheting but haven’t done so yet… didn’t know how well it would hold up when washed or would it have to be hand washed.

Not sure if I had seen that one before? But it is indeed nice. :slight_smile:

Here’s one of the wife’s favorites, also done 2017, was actually the first one I did with Big Cats. (Since I never did before)

(Susan) #337

oh wow that is amazing. I am totally impressed

(Jane) #338

I mostly put beads on my shawls which can only be washed if I want to get my blocking wires and mat out again.

But I put some on a pair of socks that was super wash wool, so can be machine washed and dried w/o felting and they get washed and dried in the dryer all the time w/o any issues.

(Virginia ) #339

Yes, one of my favorites of many. But you know I love them all. I have always told you how great your work is .:kissing_heart::heart:

(Virginia ) #340

Ok, thanks Janie :slight_smile: