My go to bacon

(Scott Shillady) #1

This is my go to bacon, Wright’s brand ends and pieces. 3 lb pack at walmart is only $7.98, or about half of what you would pay for pretty strips of bacon. I chop the whole package up and throw the whole thing in a pan on medium heat. Stir it occasionally. I pull it out on the soft side so it doesn’t render off too much bacon nectar. I go through 2 to 3 packages a week. The resulting bacon bits are great for making a quick omelet, throwing on top of a cheeseburger, put em in a baggie and you have perfect purse bacon and in 20 seconds you can cook my new go to dinner

Let's talk bacon

It is definitely a smart thing to do to buy end pieces if you were going to shop at the same store anyway for bacon. It’s really just the same product, in different and random sizes. Smart money savings.

(Meeping up the Science!) #3

Trader Joe’s bacon end pieces are similarly awesome.

(Paula Hradkowsky) #4

I buy US Wellness uncured bacon and bacon ends. Over the past three years I have been transitioning to grass fed meats and more humanely raised meats.

(Justin Blow) #5

I’ll have to try the ends. Usually I just grab whatever is buy one get one free, an a few extra when it is Jimmy Dean.
Recently though I got some Hungarian Bacon sliced like regular bacon (Bende kolozsvari at the German market I found it at) omg. I am not even sure how to describe it but I absolutely love it!

(Guardian of the bacon) #6

Do you have a favorite purse @BaconNectar? :smiling_imp:

(Scott Shillady) #7

Actually mine goes in my front left pocket. I just love the term purse bacon :zornface:

(I like to post memes!) #8

Purse Bacon #MAGA!!! Love that!

(beacheidi) #9

@BaconNectar must.have.brie.and.bacon.tommorrow. :open_mouth:

(Terri) #10

I love most of their products I have tried. Great bacon (but $$$$)!

(I like to post memes!) #11

Posted my purse bacon here: Travel bacon question