My Extended Fast to improve my Atrial Fribrillation symptoms

a-fib

(Tom Seest) #61

2016-03-26 - 8:00 AM - Spreadsheet is updated.

I’ve posted the spreadsheet here, and have updated what I can to date.

https://1drv.ms/x/s!AnnheiLCcfWxgaQGwWUHCpqZ3MK_MA

(Tom Seest) #62

2017-03-26 - 12:00 PM - 112 hours fasted - Afternoon Data Dump

Lots of stress today. Working away. Did decide to drink 8 cups of broth after this set of readings. Then, I napped.

It can take some time to take all the measurements, gather all the data, etc. that I have too to update my spreadsheet and take all the associated photos. So, the only thing I can say is that all of these readings occurred within 30 minutes of 12:00 PM +/- 15 minutes.

Here is my Blood Glucose reading from my Precision Xtra:

Here is my Blood Ketone reading from my Precision Xtra:

Here is my Blood Pressure as measured by my QuardioArm:

Here are the readings that my MocaHeart provided:

Here is my Blood Pressure reading from my MocaCuff:

Here is my heart rate data from my Wahoo TICKR:

Here is photo of my 8 cups of broth:

(Tom Seest) #63

2017-03-26 - 10:30 PM - 122.5 hours fasted - Evening Data Dump

Another stressful day, and the week ahead doesn’t look much better. But, I survived 5 days of fasting. Still no hunger. May eat some protein tomorrow. We’ll see how I feel in the morning.

It can take some time to take all the measurements, gather all the data, etc. that I have too to update my spreadsheet and take all the associated photos. So, the only thing I can say is that all of these readings occurred within 30 minutes of 10:30 PM +/- 15 minutes.

Here is my EKG data from my Kardia Mobile:

(Tom Seest) #64

2016-03-26 - 11:00 PM - 123 Hours Fasted - Spreadsheet is updated.

I’ve posted the spreadsheet here, and have updated what I can to date. I’m headed to bed to get some sleep.

(Tom Seest) #65

2017-03-27 - 08:00 AM - 132 hours fasted - Morning Data Dump

I had a good night of sleep but my heart rate is still a little off. GKI is at 0.7 with Blood Ketones at 4.7 and Blood Glucose at 59. Stressful work day ahead of me. Still no hunger. I may end up eating just to see if I can lower the heart rate later today. I’m just going to continue to monitor it.

It can take some time to take all the measurements, gather all the data, etc. that I have too to update my spreadsheet and take all the associated photos. So, the only thing I can say is that all of these readings occurred within 30 minutes of 8:00AM +/- 30 minutes.

Here is my Heart Rate Variability Data (HRV) from Elite HRV:

Here is the data from my Sleep app on my Apple Watch:

(Tom Seest) #66

2016-03-27 - 10:00 AM - 134 Hours Fasted - Spreadsheet is updated.

I’ve posted the spreadsheet here, and have updated what I can to date.

(Tom Seest) #67

2017-03-26 - 9:00 PM - 145.0 hours fasted - Evening Data Dump

End of a stressful day, and I’m ready for bed. Readings are good still, and still no hunger. So, I press on without anything but broth.

It can take some time to take all the measurements, gather all the data, etc. that I have too to update my spreadsheet and take all the associated photos. So, the only thing I can say is that all of these readings occurred within 30 minutes of 9:00 PM +/- 15 minutes.

(Tom Seest) #68

2017-03-28 - 05:00 AM - 153 hours fasted - Morning Data Dump

I had a good night of sleep but my heart rate is still a little off. I am encouraged because for 12 minutes in the night, my heart rate was normal. So, in theory, I’m slipping into normal sinus rhythm while I sleep. Encouraging for sure. Related to this fast specifically; only God knows. I’m definitely under stress still, but I’m doing the best that I can.

It can take some time to take all the measurements, gather all the data, etc. that I have too to update my spreadsheet and take all the associated photos. So, the only thing I can say is that all of these readings occurred within 30 minutes of 5:00AM +/- 30 minutes.

Here is my Heart Rate Variability Data (HRV) from Elite HRV:

Here is the data from my Sleep app on my Apple Watch:

(Tom Seest) #69

2016-03-28 - 8:30 AM - 156.5 Hours Fasted - Spreadsheet is updated.

I’ve posted the spreadsheet here, and have updated what I can to date. I’ve added some new screen shots from Kardia AliveCor and from Elite HRV.

(joievawter) #70

This is very interesting. Thank-you.

(joievawter) #71

Look at that lovely drop to a nice normal heart rate. Fantastic!

(Tom Seest) #72

2017-03-28 - 1:00 PM - 159.0 hours fasted - Afternoon Data Dump

Lots of work done this morning, which led to a higher rate than normal. Still feeling quite remarkable, but I still have no hunger.

One of the things that I’ve wanted to test is the blood glucose / insulin / ketone response based on various types of foods. Now that my Glucose Ketone Index has been consistently under 1.0, I’m going to see what foods I can introduce into the diet as part of a protein / nutrient reset. So, I’m planning on eating around 3 ounces of Liverwurst at 2:00 PM, and I’ll montior BG / BK levels after that to see the effect.

It can take some time to take all the measurements, gather all the data, etc. that I have too to update my spreadsheet and take all the associated photos. So, the only thing I can say is that all of these readings occurred within 30 minutes of 1:00 PM +/- 15 minutes.

(Tom Seest) #73

2017-03-28 - 2:00 PM - 160.0 hours fasted - Liverwurst Experiment

I’ve attached a photo of the three ounces of Liverwurst for my first solid food in 6 days. I’ll see how it effects my BG and BK levels.

I’m probably going to eat a dinner of some sort tonight, and a breakfast tomorrow of some sort; all with the goal of maintaining my BG / BK levels, while getting broad spectrum nutrients. Then, I’ll resume my period of fasting.

(Tom Seest) #74

2017-03-28 - 4:00 PM - 162.0 hours - Liverwurst Experiment

So, my blood glucose reading was 64 and my blood ketone reading was 4.6 two hours after eating the 3 ounces of Beef Liverwurst. This leaves me with a GKI of 0.77.

(Tom Seest) #75

2017-03-28 - 7:00 PM - 165.0 hours - Liverwurst Experiment

When I got home from work, I took a nap to destress and let my heart relax. When I got up from my nap, I took these readings; 5 hours after I ate the 3 ounces of Liverwurst.

My blood glucose reading was 50 and my blood ketone reading was 4.9 five hours after eating the 3 ounces of Beef Liverwurst. This leaves me with a GKI of 0.57. To me, this was unexpected to some degree.

I’ll be eating 16 ounces of Liverwurst at 7:30 PM, and see how my body responds to that.

(Tom Seest) #76

2017-03-28 - 7:15 PM - 165.25 hours - Liverwurst Experiment

Just prepared and ate 16 ounces of Beef Liverwurst. I buried it in Salt, Cayenne and Black Pepper.

(Tom Seest) #77

2017-03-28 - 8:30 PM - 166.5 hours - Lab Reports Received

Just received the lab work back from my blood draw on 3/23/2017 at 9:00 AM. This was one day into my extended fasting experiment. Nothing really new or alarming. Everything looks great.

(Jason) #78

Nice work Tom. Thanks for all the updates and data. This is really fascinating!

(Tom Seest) #79

More coming shortly. Not sure I will improve my heart condition or not, but I’ll have plenty of data either way.

(Tom Seest) #80

2017-03-28 - 10:00 PM - 170 hours - Evening Data Dump

Today was a very stressful day, and it seems to be reflected in my heart rate data. I did get lots of work done, but I’m not sure it is worth the cost. I have posted my updated blood lab work (all good), and my end of day numbers.

You’ll notice that my GKI went above 1 after consuming 19 ounces of Liverwurst. I’m not worried about that, but wanted to point it out. When you feast; you feast. I wanted to be sure I had plenty of protein for the heart muscle, any a wide variety of nutrients which is why I selected Liverwurst as my feast of choice. Hopefully, this puts me in good shape for fasting for the next 4 to 7 days.

It can take some time to take all the measurements, gather all the data, etc. that I have too to update my spreadsheet and take all the associated photos. So, the only thing I can say is that all of these readings occurred within 30 minutes of 10:00 PM +/- 15 minutes.