My Extended Fast to improve my Atrial Fribrillation symptoms

a-fib

(Tom Seest) #41

2016-03-24 - 6:20 AM - Spreadsheet is updated.

I’ve posted the spreadsheet here, and have updated what I can to date.

I’ve added in columns for the Elite HRV data.

I’ll be adding to it, modifying it, etc. as time progresses:

https://1drv.ms/x/s!AnnheiLCcfWxgaQGwWUHCpqZ3MK_MA

I have no idea what a lot of this means, but it’s interesting nonetheless. Which blood pressure device do you think is more accurate? There’s a huge difference! Are you noticing any improvement with the Afib? I hope you feel better!

(Tom Seest) #43

Yes. I’m feeling pretty good.

The QuardioArm seemed to match the reading taken at the Cardiologist’s office most closely, so I’ve been taking it as a better, more meaningful reading. It also get positioned on the upper arm, where the MocaCuff is a wrist device. Since the Atrial Fibrillation / Rhythm issue radiates out from the heart, I think it is easier to detect and more accurate because it is on the upper arm (closer to the heart) instead of the wrist.

But, I could be wrong too…It would not be the first time.

My husband had a stroke a few years ago and had to be on blood thinners for a while after. Eventually his neurologist let him discontinue the Warfarin which was great because the side effects were horrific. He switched to taking daily baby aspirin instead for the blood thinning. I don’t know if low dose aspirin would be helpful for Afib or not, just thought I’d throw that out there.

(Tom Seest) #45

Yes. The latest science is split on baby asprin, as a thinner for A-Fib. The european standards of care say it doesn’t help; the US standards of care say it does help. In either case, the standards of care don’t help…

I figured you had looked into it. You’re very thorough!! :wink:

(Stephanie Hanson) #47

Wow. I’d say these look pretty good given the small amount of sleep.

I find that I get cravings when I’m sleep deprived. I’m sending good thoughts your way.

It’s interesting to see the large difference between the cuff and wrist pressures. Many of our ICU patients have an Arterial line placed. Those readings tend to be significantly higher than the cuff. If it’s a good placement, we treat from those numbers. However, they tend to get positional and crap out in a couple days. It would be interesting to see if Moca had ever correlated their device to an A-line. It seems bizarrely different. Especially the diastolic. We treat from either number and I doubt there’s any solid evidence that the outcomes are terribly different for a neuro patient.

Btw, I’m loving your data gathering. You’re an inspiration to me.

I do hope your heart heals. I’d like you to be around a very long time. And I’m sure I’m not the only one.

Thx again for sharing your journey with us.

(Tom Seest) #48

2017-03-24 - 2:30 PM - 66.5 hours fasted - Afternoon Data Dump

Short day at work as I couldn’t get my heart rate down. Came home and napped before getting up for my bicycle ride. You’ll be able to tell on the heart rate chart where I laid down and napped, as my heart rate drops considerably. Readings were taken after my nap.

It can take some time to take all the measurements, gather all the data, etc. that I have too to update my spreadsheet and take all the associated photos. So, the only thing I can say is that all of these readings occurred within 30 minutes of 2:30 PM +/- 15 minutes.

Here is my Blood Glucose reading from my Precision Xtra:

Here is my Blood Ketone reading from my Precision Xtra:

Here is my Blood Pressure as measured by my QuardioArm:

Here are the readings that my MocaHeart provided:

Here is my Blood Pressure reading from my MocaCuff:

Here is my heart rate data from my Wahoo TICKR:

Here is my EKG data from my Kardia Mobile:

(Tom Seest) #49

2017-03-24 - 3:00 PM - 67.0 hours fasted - Bicycle Ride Data Dump

Outdoor temperature was finally high enough that I could ride comfortably. I can’t spin as fast as I used to, so I’m much colder when I ride now. Today, we had high winds out of the south. Normally, without wind, I’ll average about 7.00 MPH given my present condition. If my heart rate was normal, I’d average about 13MPH in these conditions. But, it’s not, and I’m not. It was enjoyable, even though we had the wind. I’m still not hungry, even after the ride.

You’ll also notice that the Apple Watch, Strava App, Cyclemeter App, and MyFitnessPal all calculate calorie expenditure differently. This is happening even though I’m using a Heart Rate Strap and the Apple Watch. You’ll also note the Extreme Suffer Score from the Strava App.

Here is the ride data from my Cyclemeter App:

Here is the ride data from my Stava App:

Here is the ride data from the Apple Watch:

Here is the ride data from my Wahoo TICKR Heart Rate Strap with the Heart Graph App:

Here is the data that posted to MyFitnessPal for the ride:

(Tom Seest) #50

2017-03-24 - 7:30 PM - 71.5 hours fasted - Bed Time Data Dump

Well. It was a pressure filled day. Almost done with 3 days of fasting. Still no hunger. Had a great bike ride. But, I’m ready for sleep to reset my heart rate.

It can take some time to take all the measurements, gather all the data, etc. that I have too to update my spreadsheet and take all the associated photos. So, the only thing I can say is that all of these readings occurred within 30 minutes of 7:30 PM +/- 15 minutes.

(Tom Seest) #51

2016-03-24 - 6:20 AM - Spreadsheet is updated.

I’ve posted the spreadsheet here, and have updated what I can to date.

Data includes my Bicycle Ride Data.

I’ll be adding to it, modifying it, etc. as time progresses:

https://1drv.ms/x/s!AnnheiLCcfWxgaQGwWUHCpqZ3MK_MA

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #52

You weren’t kidding on lack of sleep! I would have a morning BS over 100 with that little sleep. Luv the data :blush::sunglasses:

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #53

Hey @tdseest, you accidentally posted your ketone photo for blood glucose.

I see your ketones are going up daily. Cool to see :slight_smile:

(Tom Seest) #54

Yes. It takes longer to drive the ketone production up without meaningful exercise. The heart rate is pretty limiting.

But, I had fun riding.

(Tom Seest) #55

Morning Template for Fasting

2017-03-25 - 05:30 AM - 81.5 hours fasted - Morning Data Dump

I had a good night of sleep. Heart rate was a little higher than I’d like, but no where near as high as it has been. So, really nothing to worry about. It’s Saturday, so there is less stress to deal with.

It can take some time to take all the measurements, gather all the data, etc. that I have too to update my spreadsheet and take all the associated photos. So, the only thing I can say is that all of these readings occurred within 30 minutes of 5:30AM +/- 15 minutes.

Here is my Heart Rate Variability Data (HRV) from Elite HRV:

Here is the data from my Sleep app on my Apple Watch:

(Tom Seest) #56

2017-03-25 - 1:00 PM - 89 hours fasted - Afternoon Data Dump

Felt I needed some sleep, so I napped. Then, I returned to work. Here is the early afternoon data. Still no hunger.

It can take some time to take all the measurements, gather all the data, etc. that I have too to update my spreadsheet and take all the associated photos. So, the only thing I can say is that all of these readings occurred within 30 minutes of 1:00 PM +/- 15 minutes.

(Stephanie Hanson) #57

Some of those Mocacuff readings are just freakish. You’re doing great.

(Tom Seest) #58

Yes. I find it difficult to even get readings with it. It likes to error out. Took me 10 minutes this morning to get a reading that didn’t error out.

(Tom Seest) #59

2017-03-25 - 8:00 PM - 96 hours fasted - Evening Data Dump

It was a long, stressful day fighting software, software upgrades, licensing, etc. I’m glad to be heading to bed. I still have no hunger, and feel great in spite of the stress. Starting to get the energy bump and mental clarity that I would expect.

It can take some time to take all the measurements, gather all the data, etc. that I have too to update my spreadsheet and take all the associated photos. So, the only thing I can say is that all of these readings occurred within 30 minutes of 8:00 PM +/- 15 minutes.

(Tom Seest) #60

2017-03-26 - 06:30 AM - 106.5 hours fasted - Morning Data Dump

I had a good night of sleep. Finally got my GKI below 1.0 at just a little over 4 days. Stressful work day ahead of me. Still no hunger.

It can take some time to take all the measurements, gather all the data, etc. that I have too to update my spreadsheet and take all the associated photos. So, the only thing I can say is that all of these readings occurred within 30 minutes of 6:30AM +/- 15 minutes.

Here is my Heart Rate Variability Data (HRV) from Elite HRV:

Here is the data from my Sleep app on my Apple Watch: