MOOvember Carnivore

So I cooked up the rest of the chicken. It isn’t my favourite meat, I much prefer pork, but was out of it.

Though I enjoy the buttery, crispy skin, that is a real treat. Am utterly stuffed now. Today was my farewell to dairy, as I’ve been eating a ton of butter, a ton of cream and some cheese the last couple weeks and my body is just not happy. Bloating and roseaca flare up, ugh. So from tomorrow on I am scrapping dairy. I’m going to give it 30 days and see what happens. Of course, without cheese and cream to make my omelet taste good, I’ll probably eat eggs a lot more sparingly too, I’ve never really been that much of a fan of them.

Fangs, that is an impressive carnivore haul.

Shinita, despite my Reynolds I enjoy that sort of weather too when the air is a cool winter crisp, but not damp, I find walks in such weather can be invigorating.

(Karen) #367

They were quite tiny @Shinita lol but that was fine e as there were a few and just enough at the late time that I ate them :slightly_smiling_face:

Good luck with stocking up on those t bones, wish there came in that cheap here @Fangs hahaha just seen your haul, well done that girl! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

Glad you’re feeling better Mr Bear @FrankoBear. Sounds like you’re eating better for your health too. Loving your photos as always :heart:

Happy birthday @MeganNZ. Don’t beat yourself up for how things worked out with Gracie… you couldn’t have done more for her. You loved her and have every right to be missing her and hurting so much and telling you she is in a better place isn’t going to stop all that hurt. But you know in your heart she is pain-free now and you did what was right for her and had the courage to be with her to the end. :heart:

So crazy dreams again last night and this morning. May have been the late chicken wings idk.

Up about 8.50am and did 60 stair runs. Then outside for brew n read. Pretty chilly but I was wrapped up warm. Set alarm ready for the bath and dolly up for the tea dance this afternoon.

I had put the £1.75 large pack of pork chops in slow cooker about 2.45pm yesterday and after an hour on high turned it to low and left it all night! This morning I realised it was still on low so turned it to warm until I was ready to have some brunch, which I had about 12.10 prior to leaving the house to pick Liz up, my Wednesday dance partner. The pork was so so tender and was falling off the bone!

Pleasant afternoon of dancing and came home via Beeston to pick up some meds I had run out of. Popped into a couple of charity shops and managed to find 2 Joyce Meyer books in Oxford 2nd hand book store… both in good nick.

Home and ate 2 more bowls of the pork chops and a bit of cheddar. Probably have a bit of bacon later before bed just to see me through.

The chicken thigh (I only had one today) was just chicken but nice enough, I enjoyed it! Alvaro said that the tandori masala I used on 2 of them (the ones we ate today) suits it well. I love that spice. I said a few times already that (normal, cheap) chicken is so bland some spice does good (though it’s edible with salt only, sure).

The skin wasn’t crispy the slightest as it is always the case when I roast fowl in my mini oven. Maybe tomorrow I will fry it in the pan. But I didn’t bother with it today.

There are ZILLION great ways to make wonderful dishes with eggs even without dairy though they surely help a lot. But it’s fine even not eating eggs and dairy if you love your meat enough.
I need eggs but I had a long period lately where I was into meat (6-700g days were common) and not so much into eggs (still ate them, I need them but way less than usual). Now I have little meat (not for long I hope) and use my rekindled passion towards eggs to keep my much needed high protein intake. I like to keep my dairy intake low. But couldn’t pull off zero easily… Probably would try if it was needed. Health and well-being is the first and I make sure I can enjoy whatever diet I end up with out of necessity. Eventually, at least. I have times I am a bit lost about what to eat… But they usually happen in the first times when I am not used to the woe yet. But then I start collecting and making new recipes…

Omelets are great with meat too.
And meatballs with eggs.
But I could write a whole cookbook using almost only eggs I suppose… One chapter would be literally ONLY eggs. Mostly for huge egg maniacs like me :slight_smile:

(Judy Thompson) #369

Hi all, popping in momentarily as we have to get ready to go play at the restaurant soon. We’re subbing for somebody today, and it’s my birthday but I accepted it because, why not - and they call you more if you never turn them down.
It is my 70th. I’m so much better than I was a year ago on my 69th - lots better health, lots less weight, smaller sizes, more active. Happier all around. I started carnivore on Jan 12th 2022 so most of the last year I’ve been “in the zone.” I still have arthritis and sciatica but less of it. I have to really stress myself to feel the aching back and I don’t get up all stiff every morning like I used to.
I’ve spent the mornings this week making earrings and necklaces on a Christmas/holiday theme to give away to whoever I think of. Church ladies; restaurant staff; the cashier at Natural Grocer. It’s nice to be back into wire work, it’s been several years.
Thinking of you @MeganNZ. Hard times. The cake - I read it and just thought, oh, poor baby! Because when you’ve been clean and then dump in flour and sugar you could have a difficult time the next day. But it will all go away.
@FrankoBear I’ve had the same experience with animals who passed, they will hang for awhile, I can see them just going around the corner as I come down the stairs. Just a whoosh and they’re gone.
Except the ferrets. When they were gone, they were gone! Wow. They beat a quick retreat to the other side and never looked back.
I’ll come back later and post food pics - there was just time to squeeze in a little post before heading for the closet to get changed!

Happy Birthday, I hope your audience will be wonderful and appreciate you well!

(Robin) #371

Happy birthday! No way you’re 70!

@Fangsy and I are almost birthday twins. It’s December here.

(Karen) #373

Happy birthday. Its so good to hear how life can be turned around by being mindful about food. I hope the restaurant gives you something good and meaty to snack on while you’re playing you gig. You are looking wonderful in your 70th year. :heart:

@Naghite
Zeus is a monster but he looks so approachable, has a kind face :slight_smile: Had to look up a Cane Corso…nice breed! Adorable ‘puppy’ ya got there :wink:

So you had to source farms and butchers. You must now have a nice network to draw. Even around me now the few butcher shops that were open are closed. Being rural the drive to find any of these specialty stores is just too far. Even my farm buddies I knew back in the day don’t farm the livestock either anymore. Everything changed from farming to building homes in my area. Kinda time to move I think, lol.

Thanks for sharing that great pic of your baby Zeus!

@JJFiddle
Happy Birthday. 70—girl you look alot younger than that for sure…not a doubt when I see your pics. You rock it out JJ!!!

@FrankoBear
December twins, I like that.

-------------------OK GUYS, NEW THREAD STARTED
LETS CHAT HERE NOW FOR TREATYMEATY DECEMBER.

https://www.ketogenicforums.com/t/treatymeatycarnivore-december/117263/2

(Robin) closed #375