MOOvember Carnivore

What? I never punish myself, of course not. I just use objects to protect me when I want that protection, it is very hedonistic.
Feeling rightly bad because accidental eating (and suffering the many other bad consequences of it) is the bad way where I actually suffer. I won’t stand that.

My goals? Being a better hedonist, health, energy and proper weight (I am fat. barely but ~25kg extra is much for me if it’s mostly on my middle). And convenience and whatever.
I need my tiny eating window and I really should ensure it instead just struggling, failing and having problems.

I am bad with boundaries and control. I probably need tricks. Or 1-2 more decades, who knows? I have my limits, I never will force myself into what I need or I need to be sneaky about it, hiding the forcefulness even from myself…

But no, it’s not so bad, I did OMAD before, I can start it, it just tends to fall apart but I feel a bit more ready for it to happen. I just failed this week every day and accidentally ate lunch though often small ones as even I can’t eat a big one accidentally. Unless I get super hungry (only the start accidental there but the same result) but I don’t.

It’s pretty bad that it’s glaringly obvious what I need, I just can’t do it as it doesn’t come automatically and I can’t control myself. Sigh. Just a tiny bit so I work with that.

My fatty pork produced a lot of lard and now I have a bunch of fried fat tissue cubes. I ate the ones with meat on them. Maybe they will be fine in scrambled eggs. Wait I have quark, there is a very traditional pasta dish with quark, sour cream and scratching. Pasta has a way better very great replacement, eggs so it’s all carnivore.

(Judy Thompson) #333

An easy zc day here. Sunday, the day of rest! Went to church with an empty stomach and ate a spicy sausage there - spicy so added a cup of coffee with half and half. (I would rather have heavy cream.} No afternoon gig! Chicken and hamburger for lunch, eggs and sausage and bacon for dinner.
Sailing on ZC, happy times.
@MeganNZ Condolences :heart: Grace loved you, you did your best for her; So sorry to lose her!

(Megan) #334

Thanks everyone. It’s a hard time, a lot of crying and missing her desperately. It will ease as the days and weeks pass and I will be left with many wonderful memories and a whole heap less pain. I just took Lulu out for a run. She’s where she always is when I am sitting at my computer, as close as she can get right under my chain and legs. Typical Rottie from what I’ve read.

I went and read again, I kinda took that as a different meaning. I got confused on that post from ya :slight_smile: cool

So your goals aren’t so bad at all. Only 25kg ya want gone and just some more energy and vibrancy with how we heal for health as we dump the lbs and just feel better.

I hear ya on boundaries and that control one requires. Took me a while to get a handle on it too but I have to say only way I made it was with boundaries and that commitment to a plan and stay on it and work thru it and change along as I needed to actually have the lbs. come off. It is wonderful when they do right? :slight_smile: I know when I lost my 60 lbs and still want a tad more gonzo but I feel so much better. Who we are with 40-70 lbs off us is amazing definitely! The body loves it for sure. Any lbs we do get off and keep off is the best darn victory :slight_smile: Rock on!!! \

One trick I did was 5 lbs. off…the just maintain and hold it off, then I went after another 5 when the brain was all in, then once that 10 lbs was off I put all control on never gaining back…working all food around a good menu to eat well, feel great but never regain…yea I had to work at that but it worked for me cause at some point that 40-60 lbs off is so big of a number, but that 5 lbs can be tackled and handled ya know…well just a trick I used to help me :slight_smile: Liked your post!!

---------------busy. chainsaw day on the farm. I got trees growing up into a few of my pastures needing gone, then hit fence line and get a few pines that are growing on my fences, then near my 2 horse barns and goat barn I have to chainsaw down trees that are now a big too big and too close. Yes land maintenace sucks rocsk but sunny day, out me and hubby go to handle it…bleck. I AM SO friggin’ over farm work :wink:
Can’t wait for kiddo in college next year, get this place ready to sell and run, run like the wind in my retirement to the coast in my RV and when I find that beach location we love, buy small…super small home and lot and live great. Done with land now. Too much work…big hard work I don’t wanna do anymore :sunny:

made a small meatloaf for me yesterday. kid ate some of it but got a nice big hunk left for me today along with taylor ham I got and eat up the last 2 pork chops in fridge. food handled.

ZC ON!!!

what we naming Dec? Any carnis got an idea of a good Dec ZC name?

That is what I just can’t do. I try and fail.
It’s good I am a super stubborn one so I keep trying and don’t lose heart… Especially that even this on/off is much better than what I had before. And I believe I am getting better.

But this is a new week. Monday is great for new starts so I have that :slight_smile: I boiled eggs - and realized how stupid was my method. I had a small egg boiling pot for 5 eggs. But it’s small so I can’t keep the water boiling as it comes out. Alvaro said they used a big pot and higher heat… So I tried that. In 10 minutes after boiling I got perfect eggs, proper firm whites, not dry yolk, even runny in the middle if I take the eggs out right away. Not 1-2 mins later… And they peeled great, these eggs were benevolent but maybe I can expect that in the future. No tricks were required…
I didn’t eat rabbit yesterday (just liver and kidney - kidney is meh, liver is mild and tender) so I still have some (and a tiny bit of liver too). And my fried fat and roasted pork.

2pm and I am very satiated so I will focus on avoiding accidental needless eating and all will be well. If I eat properly late, I can eat well and then I just can’t eat at midnight, so very satiated. So the midnight eating is a problem that gets solved easily. I merely have to skip lunch. I am not hungry at lunchtime so it should be easy. If I just FOCUS during that little time. As I am in the kitchen at lunchtime, it hardly will change.
It probably helps a lot that I run out of both my cheaper coffee and milk or cream (I have an unopened package but city shopping is far away so I don’t open it willy-nilly). Coffee is a gateway “food”. First I add something (cream or egg and butter) and sit down to the table, then I nibble on something nice… And then I have a small lunch (if I manage to get hungry, a bigger one) and that mess things up.
I was careful, only cooked and baked for Alvaro, didn’t add anything to my soup or even warmed it up, that is my other good gateway food…
I boiled some eggs but that’s preparation and I am used to not eating it up too early. Not even the fresh, warm soft-boiled eggs and those are only good warm… But I am satiated.

I didn’t weigh myself lately but I just sewed my home pants (with pockets! they are essential but some of my pants still don’t have them. I plan to make some, it shouldn’t be hard but it’s a jump from my usual tiny fixing socks level) as it kept slipping. All my pants feel as they did at 72-73kg so I managed to keep that :slight_smile: Considering how much I ate lately and how inactive I had, that should matter a wee bit too, it’s very good. I always was wonderful at maintenance but short term losses are a bit different. But I kept them. Yay. And now I see a chance to lose more fat. If I focus. I don’t like that much, it’s tiring but it’s just for a few days and then it probably will be almost automatic? Or it’s my huge optimism again.

I definitely have no problem with small fat-loss :slight_smile: I have problem with zero for years (and stress gain). When I went keto first, quite a few years ago, I was 69kg. Last year I was 75kg. But I changed so, so, so much! I often think I met a big door at 69kg. With so many locks. And I just kept opening the locks (sometimes they got locked again but I could open them easier then if I had in a good phase). Some took years. The door was still locked but I saw I made progress. And anyway, it was never only about fat-loss for me. Keto was the change where I just saw no benefit beyond fat adaptation. But it was still needed to be able to change more and I seemed to feel it so I stubbornly went back every time I strayed off. Carnivore has instant reward so it’s easier. Though it has its own hardships occasionally. The too easy satiation, the boredom… But it gets better as time passes, I change and learn possible solution methods.

Stubbornness can do a lot. Maybe not alone, I am too good at keep trying but not giving my all (I do that with painting :frowning: I need more passion as I am not driven enough)… But it’s a good start.

Gloomy day again but we can’t have sunshine all the time, can we?
Cold too. I should collect leaves but I don’t wish to be outside… I am so bad.

We will use the chainsaw too soon (well, Alvaro will, I don’t touch it often since I managed to hurt myself. TWO buttons need to be pressed simultaneously and I still managed to hurt myself, amazing. Alvaro did that too, once, he even needed the hospital. he never used it in slippers again. I couldn’t learn anything from it as I have no idea what I did wrong but I just avoid that thing - or FOCUS for that few seconds I use it), I gave up on a plum tree that never had fruit while its leaves just make my already problematic leaves collection even harder (it’s lmost always wetness and coldness, the first portions are fine as it’s October, sunshine, warmth, rare rain so the leaves were easy to collect but now?). So we get that out. We have other plum trees to cut out (not disease resistant, bad idea here but we got them when we moved here), some thujas as well… And we always have A TON of wood to burn, it never will happen. The rebuilding of the house produced a lot 11(?) years ago and we still have very, very, very much of that. And I used up a lot for DIY things like benches… And there are always some trees to cut out… Or at least branches. Oh well, I realized some must become nice soil, we lack that anyway :slight_smile: It just takes a lot of time for big branches.
Our property is so tiny but it’s full with trees and we burn thorny vines too (it took a lot of time for me to smart up and use the smaller ones to make soil). Cooking outside is all about burning as much stuff as we can :smiley: But it’s an uphill battle, at least it seems so this far.

Erm sorry I try not to rant about it anymore. I know it’s so tiny, not big work but it’s still much for us. Not the work but all the wood we just can’t burn, it bothers me a bit. Not so much since I realized they will rot and give me better soil :slight_smile: Not like I use my tiny veggie patch for much… And the flowers in it are happy anyway.

Just ate a big chunk of roast lamb. Couldn’t eat all of it.

A carnivore day in photos

I didn’t eat at lunch. Yay. And I even got the bigger meat off from a bone for Alvaro… And licked my fingers :slight_smile: And it was already 15:30. But didn’t eat just drank. Good.

I kind of lost my satiation just now. It’s 4pm. I wonder when I will get hungry if ever.

(Karen) #339

Alarm set early this morning, 60 stair runs and outside for half n hour before picking Raymond up for a physio appointment. Breakfast at Sally Army 2 fried eggs and double bacon and a rummage through the book shelf. Bought 3 books and a waterproof coat for walking at £7.50 cheap at half the price!

After dropping Raymond off I returned home and neighbour invited me for a walk with her doggo so after a slice of that pork belly i cooked yesterday we went walking for about 3.5m around the ature reserve.

A bit later I had another couple of small slices of the pork, the last packet of Thai cooked chicken heated in butter and some cheese… and just had 3/4 tin of sardines.

Early night tonight. Oh and only up once through the night for loo last night … see if I can match that again tonight

(Karen) #340

Turkeylicious Treatymeaty Dishy December

(Robin) #341

Want to know more about that Tai cooked chicken. Did you make it? If so, how?

Little rabbit, fatty pork roast, eggs, quark and sour cream.
I had 2 meals way after sunset, a bigger first dinner at 5pm and a small second dinner at 8:30pm. Good enough. I don’t like this pork enough (and had other things to eat) so I couldn’t make a big enough first meal. Maybe tomorrow, I ate all my leftover soup and other leftovers so it will be easier.
I had a bit over 8 eggs and maybe 300g meat. But it was mostly very fatty. And dairy, of course.
Okay day.
I am tired, maybe it shows, I can’t even write much and it’s good as that wasn’t my intention.

(Karen) #343

Nah I bought it cooked. When I was working I used to always pick up the cooked chick slices either spicy or tikka … never bbq or anything with the word sweet in it lol. Well these thai ones I got from The Company shop cheap and thought they would be useful for quick brunch meals. Not sure I will bother again. I didn’t check carbs, prob too many tbh! They are okay a quite tasty but I am thinking I just need to buy a load of steaks next time … takes same amount of time to cook… 2mins! :wink:

(Judy Thompson) #344

Hahaha! Lovely, Karen. I vote for that.
This morning we did our usual shopping that we do on Thursdays, even though it’s Monday. There hasn’t been time lately with the Thanksgiving holiday and the week before, something else came up, so it’s been tough getting errands run. This Thursday, the new freezer is being delivered. Wednesay is my birthday but we’re working at the restaurant so we won’t be eating out that day. So after the freezer is delivered we can go into town and I can get my wings and we can celebrate :wink: -whatever. Hubby just likes to eat in restaurants is what it really is.

After shopping I put lunch on for him and seared 2 slices of pork butt for us. I opened a can of little oysters and cut a boiled egg in half. It looked nice but the oysters were icky, I didn’t finish the pork til later between violin lessons. But this was that kind of day. I was sleepy and just not very hungry.
Tonight, I had some braunschweiger and slices of cheese. They were filling. I’m ready to turn in now!

@Karen18
so cool you have that reserve to walk so near your home. Do you walk to it? I used to walk from my house all over and ride my horses straight from here too but we got ‘just enough’ new homes and all huge farms sold out that my trail connections are all fenced off and gone. Sad actually. I now have to drive to any nice parks etc. to walk. I so miss, out the door, right into a great trail.

@JJFiddle
Happy Bday to come JJ. I thought you were a Dec baby like me but I looked up Wed and it is last day of Nov.

yea, your hubby wants to eat out to celebrate you…I so feel ya on that too!! I am Dec 7 bday and I heard hubby and kid discussing the kind of cake THEY want to eat on my bday since I give no input and won’t eat it, yet they buy for themselves on my bday. Come on :partying_face::scream_cat::rofl:

Yea not an oyster fan for me either. But always good to try something like that, never know, one day ya might hit a favorite!

--------------------SO DID TONS of chainsaw tree work in pastures and around barns. Only tackled around 3 acres and cleaned it up fine. Will tackle the other acres next week. I truly forgot how hard big physical labor you don’t wanna do is!! But worth it cause I looked from my back porch down along the backside of my red horse barn and saw it open…no trees growing, no brush and it was open, and wonderful and a pasture again :slight_smile: But took longer to do cause I wanted to ‘spot cut’ and move faster and hubby doesn’t do anything 1/2 azzed, so he tackled all the brush and trees on a big level.

but ohhh later in the evening I felt that twinge area of mine near my sciatic nerve area. stiffen up. I did get caught in big limb in a big clump of tangled pasture grass while dragging tree trunks to the dump pile near the fenceline and I had to do that ‘stupid dance’ and you try to keep from falling but twist, bob and weave, mangle yourself all to keep from hitting the ground :slight_smile: I got untangled but felt my back area ‘strain’ and bit and OHH yea felt it last night.

this morning only a bit of my butt area and into my thigh is kinda numb. sciatica BS plain and simple. Will survive as usual :slight_smile:

today is dog to vet first thing for appt.
then home to do…eat something…then pick up kid at 12 from school cause she got dental cleaning.

then on way home from that cleaning gonna stop store and buy me some kind of great steak to eat. My freezer is getting very low on steaks now. I need big sale on something. I do not like when my beef level gets low.

I like TreatyMeatyDishy’Dec. Gotta shorten it to make it fit in the title line HAHA I say we go for it!!

I had lunch today. I baked cake and made my sponge cakes and some other stuff that would be too complicated to explain (starts with a paleo quark replacement)… So I really welcomed food at 3pm.

About a pound of meat, little rabbit but mostly super fatty pork (and I cut off so much fat from the 70/30… I suspect it’s fattier than usual. or I got used to leaner meat, who knows?), maybe 2-3 eggs and not much more (one sponge cake contained sour cream and cheese :)). Oh and coffee with 2 yolks in it, I needed the whites for the paleo stuff.

It’s hard to decide when to stop eating, I just did it at some point. But it was a decent sized meal. No idea if I will get hungry later. It was a bit early for OMAD but not impossible…

Gloomy day. I need to go to the village tomorrow, it’s good as I neglect my walks. It’s so cold outside and I haven’t gotten used to it yet… Sunshine would make a difference but no sign of that :frowning:

Hi everyone. I thought I would join you. Dinner today was nothing elaborate, but both filling and tasty.

We had a lovely walk into town and our boys enjoyed the christmas lights, they are done very nicely each year but I thought they looked even better this year, I even started to get into the christmas spirit a little🙂We’re putting up our christmas decorations on the 6th, and our boys are looking forward to transform the house into christmas. Am looking forward to attend their nativity play at school and christmas concert. Our youngest have been practising his songs.

I feel you on the cold Shinita. I still go for my morning walks but expect it’s going to get harder in the winter and I’ll be more reluctant no matter how much the beautiful countryside tempts me.

I tried to eat a few bites for lunch and I did but now I am super full… But everything to avoid night eating! Tomorrow I go for OMAD and really try not to eat anything before sunset for the rest of this year. I don’t ever get hungry so early anymore, I just find eating a fun thing and get tempted.
We entered the weeks where the sun sets before 4pm. I better make sure I get up early so I get some sunlight. Even on gloomy days it’s better than the darkness that comes too soon…
My poor solar powered self. (I would die up north. I can’t even get drunk properly and what else to do in long darkness, without sunlight EVER for weeks at least?) At least I am not bored of winter yet, that usually starts in February.
I want a little snow first. But if it doesn’t come until then, I don’t want it in the middle of March like years ago… Not fun.

Cold is fine, I walk and get warmed up quickly… But I just look out, see the gloom, feel the cold and has a hard time to decide on a walk. Just because I had too ugly weather and sleeping late skipped on my walks… I NEED my walks but it’s too easy to stop sometimes. Maybe I am too unwell emotionally.
Whatever, I go back to walking and won’t stop! I have power walking and hopefully soon a stationary bike for the rainy days!
(Today I had half of my workout, upper body. I am weak as a kitten as usual. And WHY is my right triceps 2.5 kg higher than the left? 7.5kg vs 5kg so it’s very significant.)

Cold is still zillion times better than the hotness in summer. I may complain a tiny bit here and there (and it’s not even -20C, just 2-8! but I am not used to it yet, it matters a lot) but I am aware it’s nothing as bad as it was in summer.
My room somehow was 17.3C today, for a short while… Maybe we should set the A/C higher again. And I shouldn’t forget about the heating in Alvaro’s room (it gets one hour a day and it helps my room a bit too).

(Karen) #349

Yep I can walk to the reserve. The reserve is literally less than 10 mins walk to get to and there are loads of different routes around it so there is always something fresh and new if that’s a big deal to people. Not to me I am happy whichever route I take whether its well worn or one I have never taken … the routes change over the seasons and there is always something different to see.

A lot of our trails and paths over farm lands etc are protected so I feel sad to here yours have been fenced off, such a shame. I feel blessed to have so much on the doorstep. Having said that I live on a very busy road, but thats just how I like it. I love being on my own but I like to know there are people around me.

Well up earlyish this morning. Sat outside for about an hour or so reading. Got yet another book to read, all about the founder of the Salvation Army. Quite a nice little book written in story form. I have almost finished confessions of a pastor but it is yet another book I will most definitely re read at some point, its been a marvelous read.

Went to the gym and did an upper body workout and followed it with a spa. Been a very me me day and I have enjoyed a bit of a ‘loner’ day.

I ate the last slice of pork belly before the gym and when I finally got home again near 2.45pm I put a huge packet of pok chops reduce to £1.45 in the slow cooker for tomorrow and I dibidually bagged up 8 bags of bacon portions. Got 6 steaks in the fridge and 4 packets of chicken wings. Nice trip home via The Company Shop lol.

Ate a few rashers of bacon as I was packing them. Followed by a Rump steak i had got out the freezer first thing this morning and I now have one of the packets of chick wings in the oven. Supper lol

20221129_205324

These wings seem tiny ones. But pretty :slight_smile:
Like my scratchings. But those are all fat so I am not sure what I will do with them. Maybe I store them in the freezer until I get some leaner pork.

My perfect satiation didn’t last so long. Tomorrow I stuff myself fully, wait a few mins, do it again and repeat a few times (and of course, not a single bite before sunset). I start to get serious about OMAD. Only the first day is slightly hard if I do it right, I usually get a few days afterwards though I never did it without carbs I think. But I have fatty meat now, a big enough meal should be easy!

Glad you joined in! We all just eat the meat and seafood/fish and fowl we like and we love carnivore pics of meals for sure :slight_smile:

Hang around and chat up with us. We are a strong zc herd here, lol.

Christmas spirit. Sounds like the lights and more are getting you a bit going, still not happening around here yet. People are just getting stuff going. We kinda move slower down here in the South I think HA

--------------well I made a 1 lb…93/7 burger meatloaf. meatloaf is only egg and shape into meatloaf :wink: I thought I took pic of it but nope, doesn’t seem to exist? oh well.

hit store earlier. no steak. no sales at all. but new sale paper came out and they are putting Tbone steaks on sale for $7.99 and yes I will be grabbing quite a few of them for sure. Probably hit 2 stores and wipe them out. Seems the meat depts keep saying they only get ‘so much still’ and then ya gotta wait on another truck to come…I will ride around and grab all I can from the 2 stores near me. Hope I load up well.

so came home and ate burger. done deal.

kinda wanna eat something now but I kinda got a headache which is super rare. I just never get headaches so I am thinking more sinus issues from being in pasture yesterday doing all that work in the weeds…??..so might not bother eating more. Sinus meds and go watch tv and veg out. If hungry I might just hit up some tuna and mayo later.

back/leg area better. drugged up some and then put on some of that icy/hot stuff to help. seems improving so happy on that. I don’t like being crooked when walking ya know LOL

zc strong all!