HELP! I am starving

satiety

I am the opposite. I do not eat a lot in general and have essentially stopped my metabolism. Before I could eat a small bag of noddles and be happy. Or a salad. I am not a huge sweets person, and only have a few weaknesses, so to avoid them I do not bring them in the house. However, I can not get full at all or even satisfied. These is things I am eating. Tuna, celery, mixed nuts, veggies (broccoli), beef jerky, water, eggs, and liver mush. I’m still so hungry I am even craving foods I do not even like that much. HELP!

(Jim Russell) #2

That sounds like not enough fat. Have you tracked what you’re eating? myfitnesspal is very useful for this. You should be getting 70-80% of your calories from fat.

(Duncan Kerridge) #3

Doesn’t look like enough fat to me.

livermush - I have no idea what this is but from what I’ve seen online it has quite a few carbs in it? Which would make you hungry.

(What The Fast?!) #4

Definitely doesn’t seem like enough fats - looks like high protein.
I would track your foods for a few days to see where you’re at with fat.

(Adam Kirby) #5

Most of it looks like bodybuilder cutting foods! You gotta eat more fat.

(Jeremy Storie) #6

Yes, I love liver mush but have given it up because it has corn mill and flour in it :frowning:

I just looked at it and apparently I am getting way less fat than I should. I am trying to figure out what to eat that’s more fat

(Adam Kirby) #8

Butter, heavy cream, lard, tallow, bacon, ribeye, avocado, coconut oil, fatty nuts… go crazy!

(Jim Russell) #9

Check out the Food forum. There is a recipes section and a fat section all about how fat to eat and how to get enough.

Thank you everyone REALLY! How can I include more fat. This is how Ive always ate, only adding in carbs to fill me up. I don’t like eating alot of the time. But when I do want to eat I want to eat! So help me please!

(Siobhan) #11

Here are a few things to get you started!

(Barbara Greenwood) #12

Without wishing to upset you, your comments suggest eating disorder to me. You are eating a very narrow range of foods.

For instance - tuna is fine, but what about salmon, mackerel, sardines. Would you eat any of those? Beef jerky is great as long as it doesn’t have added sugar. But what about a fatty steak, a beef casserole, a lovely succulent pork chop? Our keto standby - bacon, fried in butter with eggs, mushrooms and avocado.

If your reaction is Yuk, no to all of those, I would suggest you seek professional help.