Mike’s Keto Hot Sauce Mayonnaise

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #1

46.7 gr whole egg (1 ‘medium egg’)
0.5 gr electrolyte mix
225 gr Western Family Light Olive Oil
20 gr Great Value White Distilled Vinegar
20 gr Great Value Prepared Yellow Mustard
10 gr ReaLemon lemon juice
15 gr Cholula Chipotle Hot Sauce

Notes:

1. Ingredient amounts can be changed to taste.

2. The Western Family Light Olive Oil is probably not the best choice. It’s Italian sourced and apparently Italian ‘light’ olive oil is suspect of dilution with canola.

3. Apple Cider Vinegar is an option. I’ve used it for other mayos, but not for this. I may try it in another batch to determine how much difference it makes.

4. Dijon Mustard is an option.

5. Definitely need more Chipotle sauce, possibly double what I used here.

Procedure:

1. Put all the oil into a container. I use an insulated food jar.

2. Break the whole egg either directly into the oil or first into a cup and then into the oil.

3. Use a hand ‘stick’ blender at low to moderate speed directly on top of the egg for about 2 minutes. Keep the blender down into the oil and/or move up/down a little but not much.

4. As the mayo develops move the blender around a bit.

5. Add the other ingredients which you have already prepared in a separate cup. Just dump them in and continue blending.

6. Blend for a few more minutes or until you have the consistency you want.

Ketones are lower
(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #2

This Is A Keeper!

46.1 gr whole egg (1 ‘medium egg’)
1.0 gr electrolyte mix
225 gr Bertolli Extra Light Tasting Olive Oil
20 gr San Remo Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
15 gr French’s Dijon Mustard
30 gr Cholula Chipotle Hot Sauce

Notes:

1. Ingredient amounts can be changed to taste.

2. I had a little Western Family Light Olive Oil left over (75 gr), so used up that then used the Bertolli. After researching the topic a bit, I determined that Bertolli Light is OK, not blended with canola. Will continue to use it unless I discover otherwise.

3. I went with Apple Cider Vinegar and I think it’s a keeper. It does enhance the flavour more than the white distilled vinegar.

4. Dijon Mustard works better than plain yellow mustard, so I’ll stick with it.

5. I Doubled the Chipotle sauce and I think it’s about right. Gives the mayo a nice colour, too.

6. Overall, this is just tart and spicy enough to meet my tastes well. I think it compares favourably with any commercial mayo I’ve ever had and better than most. It is far and away better than the stuff I’ve tried from Primal and Chosen.

Procedure:

Same as above.

1. Put all the oil into a container. I use an insulated food jar.

2. Break the whole egg either directly into the oil or first into a cup and then into the oil.

3. Use a hand ‘stick’ blender at low to moderate speed directly on top of the egg for about 2 minutes. Keep the blender down into the oil and/or move up/down a little but not much.

4. As the mayo develops move the blender around a bit.

5. Add the other ingredients which you have already prepared in a separate cup. Just dump them in and continue blending.

6. Blend for a few more minutes or until you have the consistency you want.

Keto Mayonaise Open Challenge
(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #3

This Is Another Keeper!

89.7 gr whole egg (2 ‘medium eggs’)
1.0 gr electrolyte mix
125 gr Bertolli Extra Light Tasting Olive Oil
125 gr Terra Delyssa Extra Virgin Olive Oil
20 gr San Remo Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
15 gr French’s Dijon Mustard
20 gr Great Value Aji Amarillo and Habanero Hot Sauce

Notes and procedures same as above, just the different ingredients. This is not ‘chipotle’, but ‘habanero’ flavoured and spicier.

Keto Mayonaise Open Challenge