MeatMarchMadnessCarnivore

(Karen) #221

Aww well done for resisting that temptation :raised_hands::raised_hands::raised_hands: oh your family are testing you aren’t they!!!:astonished::wink:

I wouldn’t like to dream of a salad :frowning: I didn’t like green leaves as a veggie-lover vegetarian :frowning: It’s probably worse now.
I am not a wimp, JJFiddle either but I do can imagine someone having a nightmare with salad… Even if the salad wouldn’t do anything bad. Just existing.

:upside_down_face:

(Karen) #223

So food yesterday was a bacon & cheese omelette at the cafe (note to self … going there a bit too often these days) dinnet was a big ribeye steak (probaby small by your American standards :wink:) with a nice sized fillet of salmon alongside it. They were both amazingly tasty and the ribeye was lovely and rare and had a good amount of fat on it… yum, not the same when toi lean.

I spent the morning yesteday geting Raymond to a pharmacist appointment and got his meds all sorted … again! Then we went to the cafe for brunch and after i dropped him back home i was back indoors doing another jigsaw in the afternoon sunshine. It was a much easier jigsaw than the one my daughter bought me as the pieces were different shapes, it was only 500 pcs and nice and colourful so i had that finished by the evening. Now the clocks have gone forward we have more daylight hours so it was just starting to go a bit dim, light wise, around 7.40pm.

This morning i have done my 100 stair runs, read my books, had my meds and done BP. Since going back to 100 stair runs first hing in the morning my BP has been consistently low, around 104/61, because i track everything i cam see the trend. Went to crossfit and had a great session. The hand release press ups i do every day and shoulder work has definitely improved my strength as i was able to push press much more than i expected and i only expected to push press the 15kg bar!

Strict press x 5 and then push press x 5, 30 secs later, 30kg. I haven’t had strength to do that for quite a while so as the song goes…‘and i’m feeling good’.

I started the WOD on the rower which was a killer when it came to the first set of wall walks then finished on the bike. I would have preferred it the other way round starting on the bike but gave in and let someone else have the bike first. CV feeling good too.

Returned home after chatting and coffee with some peeps at the CF box and had brunch at midday of bacon and cheese omelette.

Diced beef in the slow cooker for dinner later. A bit too lean but it will suffice today. May grate some cheese into it to add fat.

Got though the whole packet, over a few hours, as it was so tender. It gave me 4 small cereal bowls, half full . The packet i cooked a couple of days ago was smaller and gave me 2 same size portions. I didn’t add any cheese but had some as a side.

Yeah… It’s exactly my thought too, it’s not cake though as I had enough cake for life, probably but I do like certain sweets… Maybe nice, maybe would pay that money for something similar… But it has SUGAR! Paying a lot for something being subpar in various ways? :smiley: And being a not small thing?
I am like the egg seller in Alice in Mirrorland. Getting more of some food may be worth less to me as I need to eat it. It only works with bad stuff though.

Okay it was for buying stuff for me, if Alvaro can eat it, that’s different but he dislikes and avoid added sugar. Sometimes he sacrifices himself though. But that doesn’t make me happy either.

So, sugary things if they really must happen, should come in tiny amounts. Cheaper (usually), doing less harm.

I bake all of our cakes (maybe 3-4 a year now? always using about the same recipe), it’s keto not counting the filling. I can do that keto too but Alvaro doesn’t need that. It’s even pretty and that’s a small to medium miracle from me. Unless the TWO layers fail to cooperate. I would never use more layers as 2 are already a challenge for me :smiley: Just like blankets but there, 1 is a challenge to me. Alvaro is skilled, using 4-6 blankets sometimes. Nice and warm and heavy, sometimes I nap there and he need to redo them all but it happens frequently anyway. I don’t have that kind of patience but I have warm pyjamas.

For the only right cake, sponge cake (I am very very biased :D), only before the flour was mixed in. I ADORED whipped egg yolks (with sugar)… Mom always took out a bit for me.
Now I can eat cake dough as it has no flour. I just don’t do cakes. Almost only when we visit Alvaro’s Mom but we do it often and I only very occasionally bring cake.

Erm, sorry. I still love talking about various food, I don’t know why. Good memories? I definitely don’t want anything else than my own food, I would eat the stuff it that would be the case… I planned a cake last weekend but didn’t want the work and felt no desire to eat it. I just feel the need to use my best recipes here and there, we have too much canned fruit anyway. I always tell Alvaro to eat them. In moderation. We can’t depend on me anymore, not even in my wildest off days. It’s all his responsibility. (And he goes and buy fruit. But raw fruit is different. I get it.)

Sorry again.

My sponge cakes get one hour in the oven today :smiley: As I needed the oven for them and my pork chuck roast and chicken legs too. It got its usual half an hour being on top (it’s a mini oven, barely enough space for 2 different things. if they aren’t too high. I had problems with big meat slabs when I totally needed to make my sponge cakes too)… And now it’s wonderfully brown on top and pale on the bottom. So I switched them. I am not against some even more than usual bakes sponge cake muffins and the meat is there so it’s not wasting energy.

It’s so odd to me. My family is big on sweets but neither of us want sugar. And we all avoid it for various reasons… Sweeteners are great for us (well Alvaro’s Mom has it bad as she likes the expensive ones she don’t want to afford. we are very poor but we use them as the others are awful) even though I am in a heroic fight against those too. Not food so I refuse the dependence on them. While not wanting to be dependent on coffee-triggering cream either. It’s not always easy to be me. But things slowly change.

IDK why but my baked goods never smell particularly. I feel something slight but it’s almost nothing. While people wax poetic about the wonderful enticing smell of something baked.
I only feel such a thing when I roast meat… :smiley: That has a pretty effective lovely smell. Not some subtle stuff.
But I almost never baked sugary things if I think about it… I was pants at cake baking until low-carb or rather I was nothing as I never tried. I lost interest in my childhood when I converted all of my biscuits into charcoal. It’s a sensitive thing. I still have such things occasionally when I want a crunchy biscuit. Baking soft things is easy. Or can be easy choosing easy recipes.

I STILL didn’t make my carnivore ice cream idea I have since the beginning… Overeating cakes on keto was already a huge hit but carnivore grabs the last tiny fragments of my cake baking inclinations and destroy them. Even if my mind comes up with the idea for reasons.
I have other desserts but never cakes. Not counting my sponge cake muffins but they are more like buns, I eat them with meat, cheese or sour cream.

(Karen) #225

Searching in freezer and fridge for something for tomorrow and forgot i had been defrosting this lobster for last couple of days so thought i ought to eat it … it would have been rude not to :smiley:

You rich people, FORGETTING about your lobster… :wink:

I had the chicken leg for dinner and was lazy to track. I only know it was quite high protein again.
I planned just half a chicken leg (very originally none) but it was nice and tender :slight_smile: With crispy skin as I used 2 hours on it again, maybe a bit more? Next time I will use a pan, hopefully it will be quicker and crunchier. I don’t want 2+ hour cooking very often in warm weather.

And I had some totally perfectly satiated/satisfied evening as far as my belly and whatever part of my brain has something to do with food was concerned… :wink:
I had a little more ham too. Yum.

Alvaro still has his chicken leg while I have a little pork chuck roast. And the ham.

@Fangs what cheese(s) do you put on your borgirs?

Tracked. 168g protein, more than that fat, TMAD, over a pound of meat. Significant overeating. And I didn’t even do my workout…
Maybe it’s time to wait until hunger. And not just until 3pm but I had circumstances and thought maybe TMAD will work, it happens sometimes and didn’t push.

This will be a cold night, Alvaro is worrying about the apricot flowers. They bloom way too early and they often freeze off. The tree already skipped 3 years but it’s not only due to the frost, they usually take breaks.
The cherry plum tree is all ugly now after blooming. The cherry and the sour cherries are next. Those flowers are kinda pretty but nothing special. The quince and medlar are the spectacular ones with their huge flowers.
And we have a spiky decorative plant I don’t know the name of, it grew to an impressive size and it will be full with yellow flowers very soon, that’s pretty too.
The daffodils probably are halfway now, I will have tulips soon. The lilies of the valley (we call them “pearl flower” in Hungarian) are almost everywhere in front of the house so I am careful where to step. I know them, we had to take out so many of these super imperialist plants :slight_smile: They easily take over the garden if one lets them. Just a few steps every year… But they are quite beautiful and fragrant. And they didn’t go to places they shouldn’t yet. Except I can’t walk in some usual walking areas now without stepping on them. It’s fine most of the year but just before blooming they come out all small and fragile.

Oh and our remaining thujas (they are dying everywhere around here but probably in the whole country) have flowers too! It’s crimson tiny things in the end of some leaves, I love that a lot. Even their cones are so very cute and tiny.
I didn’t look at the pines yet but they should get new bright green leaves soon. And the birches brought out their currently very tiny leaves.

Spring is wonderful, so many happenings at once!

Meanwhile Alvaro excitedly follows some wolf coming from Switzerland or something. It went through somewhere around here, a few kms away!
Wolves are exciting as we haven’t them except some families living near the northern border. Our biggest carnivores are the red fox, the raccoon dog and the golden jackal (whose name is “reed wolf” in Hungarian as an old, folk name for it. normally we call it golden jackal too, just in Hungarian, of course) as far as I know.

oh I am down basically to 1 cheese. a good quality hard aged sharp cheddar. That’s it :slight_smile: If I eat burgers out on the road I eat the crap american cheese on it and am ok with that…or if I make alfredo sauce I use fresh off the block grated parm cheese. Those are rare now also.

I am finding I just don’t require cheese hardly at all anymore. I like that kinda. I like having no reliability on food in my life. Well, rely on my steaks and burgers definitely :wink: but I am glad side stuff like cheese are meaning less and less.

Me too. But I still have my cheese times. It’s fine as long my phases are some joyful temporal things. But being obsessed with cheese whisps for months, that wouldn’t be good. As I almost only use the cheap Trappist for it, whenever I run out, I take a break… But we have so many kinds of cheeses now (maybe 7? since we ate up the smoked Parenica… I’ve looked it up because of the spelling… it’s a traditional Slovak cheese! I didn’t know that), I see much cheese in my next months too. But hopefully not in big amounts. It would interfere with my fat-loss goals (yeah it can be pathetic, me still trying despite never losing any fat but I am sure I just need to keep at it :wink: I even exercise more nowadays, that is bound to help but won’t if I don’t make my eating window smaller and/or limit my food items. something I usually not like to do…) and it’s not even due to the lower satiating effect! Even if I am satiated, if I didn’t eat enough meat (or eggs but that’s rare), I will eat more. So I need to have lots of meat and a decent amount of eggs. And if some cheese fits too, great. But an overly eggy and dairy rich day may end up late meat eating…

I was in the kitchen this morning again, it’s fine, I can make and drink my tea and put away the dried bowls or something but no, I just had to make a marshmallow experiment… As my thing using a marshmallow recipe got a bit too far from it and I wanted the normal texture.
So I obviously tasted it… And it was so off in me, not after a proper meal… And I had wonderful pork and a quiche… So I had a breakfast today. With 3 cheese whisps because it’s that phase again. The fried pork chuck was totally great and enjoyable in its cold, solid fat is clinging to it state. No regrets, I will have a lunch and no dinner, at least that’s the plan. And I better make my workout today. After a gloomy morning, there is some sunshine now. Not a total one but that’s fine. Sometimes I am even fine with a light day without sunshine, just NO thick clouds that make the day like it’s twilight. I hate long term fog too. I still shudder remembering the 3 week one ages ago.

I am super full now. And I doubt I can stretch my little pork to last 3 days counting today as well. Maybe I will fry liver again.

And I low-key want soup again. I ate the leftover yesterday. It was the bone broth (very old) mixed with some jelly from the rabbit stew (its 8th day… how is it was still not spoiled? it had some onions in it! veggie dishes never last more than 4-5 days! meat power?) with an egg mixed into it. It was good.

quicky post. busy busy and off to grocery store.

get this…kiddo gives me a list of like 10 herbs and spices to buy. come on…be used once probably for her ‘experimental recipe chicken kabob pita flatbread’ thing she wants to make. I am going first to the ‘cheap dollar store’ to see if I can get most of these items at a cheap price. I mean spices/herbs in store are like darn near $5 a bottle…no way, will try to control this best I can at the store. I hate buying stuff that will go to waste actually but she wants to try more cooking experiments so I gotta let her do just that…ugh…haha…ALL stuff I have NO interest in :slight_smile: Plus I think, all that money wasted on spices? Coulda ate a steak and probably more steaks for what this will cost in the end for 1 experiment meal for her LOL oh well…life right?

back later to chat the zc way!

Normal spices are about $10-$20 per kg, very cheap for the tiny amount we use (the tiny packets are more expensive but usually not so very much. some supermarket chains have the common ones cheap)… Too cheap, I am still full with spices I can’t do with anymore… And it’s not like Alvaro ever grasped the idea of putting herb into anything :smiley: Even the soups traditionally calling for parsley (I have it in my garden), doesn’t get it from it :smiley:
We do use a few spices regularly but not the herbs. Okay, I use herbs in certain tomato dishes. A pinch per week? One day I will run out, finally…
I have these lovely spice mixes with chili. They are fabulous but what would I use them for…? I don’t remember, a tiny packet lasted half a year and I used it whenever I could… Meat doesn’t need it, only chicken thigh get its tandoori masala… And I usually flavor my eggs with meat… :wink:
Yep, the extra flavoring always went to plant dishes, they shined there. The plants were already super tasty but still welcomed some interesting extra flavors. Meat doesn’t need anything, usually…

But whenever I see a meat recipe (yesterday it was a YT video, old Roman recipe from pork and an cooking/adventuring anime. nice combo, they hunt tasty stuff and eat it), it’s full with zillion things, I just don’t get why. When my pork with salt only are so very perfect, this current slab of chuck was great. Too bad it was small, like 1.5kg? And I don’t have more :frowning:

So I was in the kitchen, in the near vicinity of my pork chuck roast… I think I had lunch… So I will have my dinner at 3pm and that’s it for today, I hope.
IDK what is highly palatable, I never could graps the whole concept but if something is that, it’s pork chuck roast. I can’t resist. Other things don’t have this power… Best tasting, most irresistible, causing problems through it sometimes…

I had a tad too full. And probably the food interfered with my workout, I am too weak now. I know since long I need being well-fasted to have enough energy for it… Oh well. It still went okayish this far. As I have a break right now.

(Michael) #233

Pics

Yesterday

Today

Having some heart pvc issues. Noticed last few days my pvc action has ramped up alot and yesterday was one of those very scary days. These are way diff. than heart palps. I have done years controlling myself easily but few days for reasons unknown they have hit again and I got into a freak out mode over it also.

had a ribeye planned for first meal but couldn’t eat it. Off on errands and thru some shop time the pvc action went into overdrive…full on would not stop, heart flip flop and felt it up into my throat and more happening in weird heart feelings, and had to then cut my shopping short cause at this point I have to say, it was only increasing and not decreasing at all now. Driving home I thought, hmm, WHY? but I can’t put any action of mine on a why kinda other than some stress levels with having issues with hubby’s mom in facility we are dealing and she is not well and estate issues on that side and more and it is like, one step too much on me right now ya know. But? who knows.

Got home was hungry but couldn’t eat. So I had 5 slices salami nibbled for a bit then a can of tuna and mayo later. Had a very small cheeseburger patty to finish the day.

Driving home I thought just get home, stop and chill. Relax. Rest. Which I did. Drank alot of water I wanted but pvc action was right in my face and was starting to think, hmmm, ER time? I feel ok overall but not ok by any means. I absolutely understand my PVC stuff so I know what I am dealing with. I think the anxiety fear factor also that came with my pvc diagnosis also is a key factor so I just kept watching some crap tv to take my mind of it all and dealt with it.

by evening it came out of high intense constant flip flop mode down to a better level. Woke up this morning with no constant feeling of the flips and thought, wow, ok, this is great but upon moving around a bit damn pvcs are kicking in again. Not a constant like yesterday but they are there damn it.

Gonna just take today as it comes but I need to hit the road at 7:30am to get to the DMV to schedule a road drive test for my kiddo. tried so hard to schedule an appt online but honestly, their website is a ■■■■ show literally and I can’t get any way to get an appt scheduled. It just keeps saying every single DMV location in my area is ‘all booked’, no appts. so I am like, WTH? drive down in person and see what is going on here. OMG I don’t wanna go out this morn but I will. I had some other errands to handle when I hit the road to hit the DMV but I decided I ain’t doing any of it :slight_smile: Get that appt scheduled and then right home.

So while I still got the pvc action kinda stronger than I want right now this morning, I feel ‘more better’ than I was yesterday but still not happy with the situation I got going down. But will watch myself thru the day and handle the day as it comes and see what how I land.

over and out…gotta eat that ribeye today, will see if I can do it. I want it, just gotta see if I can really can woof it down or not. Bleck…I am getting in a mood now too as this is becoming more annoying now and hanging too long also but again, hr by hr, day by day see if I need to hit up a Dr appt which I hope it never comes to or I clear the pvc action on my own. wait and see.

Cripes, @Fangs.

PVC = Premature Ventricular Contraction.

You know, I’m going to say salt and magnesium.

But, what I will say first. Is forget the DMV appointment and schedule a cardiologist appointment. Get electrocardiography (ECG) done. Check the heart rate and the blippy flip flops.

If your heart beat is chaotic, take aspirin, so you don’t form a blood clot.

Salty beef bone broth and magnesium citrate, or magnesium chelate until you get loose bowel movements (that’s.the physiologic limit indicator).

Get it checked out and confirm it is PVCs.

Thanks, I had no idea and couldn’t follow what happened but best wishes, get better and everything, @Fangs!

I do keto-ish days now, I come back in April, not many shots at a carni months are left so I try to behave for a while. Of course I don’t go crazy, far from it, I am too big of a hedonist for that. My pork is just the best stuff imaginable now… So I can’t stray far from it. But I love my eggs and cheese too. I opened the last Gouda and a 600g Emmentaler. The super unsalted cheese. 0.5% salt while the Gouda is normal, 1.8%. 0.5% is way too low even for me especially now that I eat almost 5% smoked ham… So I salt it.
I opened my only box of cream as well. And try not to drink coffee. Moderately easy considering Alvaro hid the only option for it and I have pride and don’t ask for it.

I fried 1kg chicken liver on chicken fat and lard. Found an intact gallbladder, it happens, I learned to be careful. Not in the mood for liver so I eat it in tiny amounts, good. I put most of it into the freezer, it will be so good later.

My main meat is leftover pork chuck roast (awesome) today.
Why Alvaro doesn’t like some of the best foods in existence…? It’s lucky though, more for me. He is in his meaty phase, he eats some meat every day without complaining.

But IDK why I talk about this when I don’t do carni. Because I like to talk about my carni food, most probably. They are the best.

(Karen) #237

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

@FrankoBear, oh it is confirmed from long ago. Thanks!!!

salt I think…remember I say I am a super salter and do best…I think I am more balanced out right now. I think somehow I got very unbalanced. I don’t know. Not much can or has set me off over my last 5 yrs on zc. before zc, omg that is when I did the cardiologist and all cause I thought I was gonna be a heart patient for life literally, but diagnosed PVC and went ZC right at that time and I ‘corrected’ myself amazingly! But this last few days, wow…I tell ya…yikes.

@Karen18, thanks K! I feel better but ya know, I know my symptoms like white on rice ya know…but I also know if ‘anything new’ came into my feeling off with the pvc action I would be having an ER visit :slight_smile: but I think I am coming around now. I tell ya, some days right HA

@Shinita, thanks S! I think I am heading toward being on the mend now. wait and see :wink:

-----------SO THIS morning I was ok but PVCs kicked in again but not as intense as yesterday. I hit the road at 7:30am with heart flips left and right but ‘felt ok’ ya know but still ‘on guard’ of course, ugh…got home around 11 and was hungry. Fried a 1 lb. ribeye steak and super salted it, 12 shrimp with it. Inhaled all…within an hr. my PVCs have calmed down alot. Now I am getting only occasional flip/flops and not the literal constant flutter/flips that the last day and 1/2 has given.

I also had to buy some different sinus/allergy meds, I live on sinus and allergy meds. Hmmm…last few days I haven’t taken any cause I am kinda ok right now but I don’t think I am gonna take that brand again. Who knows, but just in case LOL

So see how rest of day goes…see how I wake up tomorrow morning.

(Karen) #239

Flippin heck, pethaps a check up was the order of the day! Praying you got through the rest of the day without any further issues :heart:

(Karen) #240

Busy day today after another waleful night … dropped off early and prob slpt a couol of hours before waking at 11.30. Had to go dwnstairs for an hour then needed toilet whats that all about at half past midnight! Took a couple of codeine for my sore head and drifted off again. Up at 7.30 and stair running, downstairs for meds, BP, books and coffee then CrossFit for a cv workout which i enjoyed … why do i enjoy dying in a sweaty pool?

Had a super lovely cha with one of the CF peeps who was telling me how he did the cammino de santiago trek as a pilgrimage. Encouraging me to take the plunge and do the trek :thinking::thinking:

Came home, got glammed up and went dancing this afternoon… local thankfully. Then home after 5 and chucked some buffalo wings in the oven. Jad to scoff sme cheese while i was waiting as i was so hungry by this time.

Bacon was shortly after the wings were scarfed!

Oh yesterdays steak n prawns… lovely sirloin