MeatMarchMadnessCarnivore

(Karen) #241

Busy day today after another waleful night … dropped off early and prob slpt a couol of hours before waking at 11.30. Had to go dwnstairs for an hour then needed toilet whats that all about at half past midnight! Took a couple of codeine for my sore head and drifted off again. Up at 7.30 and stair running, downstairs for meds, BP, books and coffee then CrossFit for a cv workout which i enjoyed … why do i enjoy dying in a sweaty pool?

Had a super lovely chat with one of the CF peeps who was telling me how he did the cammino de santiago trek as a pilgrimage. Encouraging me to take the plunge and do the trek :thinking::thinking:

Came home, got glammed up and went dancing this afternoon… local thankfully. Then home after 5 and chucked some buffalo wings in the oven. Jad to scoff sme cheese while i was waiting as i was so hungry by this time.

Bacon was shortly after the wings were scarfed!

Oh yesterdays steak n prawns… lovely sirloin

(Michael) #242

Glad to hear things are better @Fangs. Today I tried to supplement with butter. Did not like the taste, ruined the steak imho , will not try again :upside_down_face:. Here was the plate, ribeye was a nice 21 oz.

LOL cause you are a mover and a shaker K! Nothing slows you down, that is for sure. Wonderful food pics!

Thanks N! Feeling much improved. I am one to not like when anything ‘goes off’ for me :wink:

When you say supp, is that thin hunk just butter on your plate? cause it kinda looks like cheese too :smile: I know I am one to not be able to just eat butter, I mean I can lick the knife I cut it with kinda thing but I know many can actually eat it, I sure can’t handle that. Beauty ribeye steak tho! Don’t worry, you won’t ruin the next one, now ya know :100:

---------------SO feeling much improved. I am not sure, new sinus meds? wtih added stress factors or salt inbalance or ? but right now went to bed with almost no PVCs ramping around and woke up feeling very solid again so…whatever flipped me into a very bad spot pretty fast seemed to have walked away for now. I also am eating extremely clean and tight so taking care of me to make it best for me too.

defrosting some pork chops for later. 2nd meal later, not sure, might just do a few cheeseburgers and call it a day.

Tomorrow our TripAAnimaliciousApril will start. Wow that is a mouthful HA

Hope March treated everyone well and into Carnivore April we go.

21oz is just the perfect size for some nice meat for me :slight_smile: On OMAD.

I can eat butter alone, I just have multiple reasons not to.

We have a nice sunny day though weather forecast says rain for later. We had a bit at night too.
I go for a walk and make photos if I manage to find a not full CF card…
Yeah I knew I can trust the one with the chameleon on it, it’s 1GB and only half full :slight_smile:

We bring home our farm pork in a few hours!!! We have loin and shoulders, I will fry some of the latter soon, I almost run out of lard! I use the fattiest part and make scratchings and then I roast the leaner, of course still very fatty rest tomorrow… I am looking forward to it! I still have a tiny pork chuck roast, I wasn’t particularly hungry yesterday and had chicken liver, smoked ham and other things anyway so only ate a little slice.

So, tomorrow is April and I tried to make me ready, I think I am. I have good food, I have determination (nothing super strong as I don’t need that, eating carni food is very natural to me at this point, I just need to refrain from adding tiny extras…), the only potential problem, my rebellious inner self had its little fun already… What could possibly go wrong? I told Alvaro NOT to make the most tempting non-carni stuff in the first weeks. He will make mushroom soup in the weekend, I can handle that. But he should leave the rabbit alone (after the stew, he will make the carbier dish of the two we can imagine when it comes to rabbits).

It’s very early, it’s possible I will only eat at 5pm (we will be away around 4pm so if I just don’t eat between 3 and 3:30, I skip lunch ;)) but whatever will happen, I don’t even think about what my meal would be now. I have eggs, liver and leftover pork chuck, probably those will be the start.

I drink coffee with cream today, tomorrow I hopefully start doing my best to quit coffee…

(Michael) #245

Thin pieces are Jarlsberg cheese, the rectangular pieces are butter, 4 oz stick. I only ate 3 ounces and put one ounce back. I will use tallow instead later today. I am taking another shot at 80% calories from fat. I eat 3000 cal a day, so 20% protein is still 600 cal from protein, which is 150g protein which is then 2.5g protein per kg bodyweight. And that is as low as I seen to be able to go for protein, which is still a lot.

Was considering a fat fast day or two where I eat nothing but pure fat to give my body a break from protein……not sure about this though, testing still.

(Michael) #246

I think 21 oz was the smallest rib steak I had left. I asked for 1.5 inch thick cuts, and some of the steaks are massive. I am sure I will post pics when I eat them :heart_eyes:. But yes, that was a good size for a meal, some will be essentially too large, but delicious!

ok, yea I can’t eat pure butter like that :slight_smile: never could. I can eat a small bit and then done LOL

wondering, I seen pics of ya N and you look fab to the max, with what you might wanna do, what are you trying to achieve? just curious, cause you seem like the perfect ‘eat it all from nose to tail’ type carnivore getting tons of nutrition etc. and should be easily settled into a good carni eating pattern and all that, so wondering why you do wanna keep experimenting in diff. directions. Again, just wondering on it.

I read and chat on diff. zc forums and sometimes can’t remember who is doing what and for what reasons :sunny:

you can easily make that 21 oz a TMAD :slight_smile: We don’t have to control our eating meal times on zc…zc will show you the best pattern for you to eat. I have to say many do OMAD easily, but most carnivores are actually TMAD eaters. zc forums show this as the most eaten zc plan, 2 meals per day, all ya want and need and done deal.

Congrats on nice farm pork coming to your home soon!!

I know you can handle more, your energy need is bigger too…
21oz is my personal record in one sitting, since the very beginning. When I did it with beef in my very early carnivore-ish times, I only added a single yolk and was satiated and satisfied for a day!
Sometimes I eat that amount again but I never go higher in one meal.
My daily record is 1000g meat, did it twice with pork shoulder.

Most probably not if it’s me. TMAD makes so small meals that I rarely can handle that. And I can’t even eat a decent amount of meat that way, not like I like to do it all the time but often I do.
I am BAD with small meals, I probably wrote that many times. Though they happen on carnivore but I hate days with many tiny meals, it’s fine to have a proper meal and a tiny one later but it’s still risky. I won’t ever be able to lose fat eating so very often and I won’t feel nearly as satisfied either, on average. I do have good TMAD days but eating multiple times usually make my day go astray. Even carb wise. The more meals I have, the more chance for me to leave carnivore (and then typically keto too). And that’s not good for me.

I badly need a tiny eating window, it’s very obvious after my last several years… And OMAD sounds the easiest and most enjoyable by far. I always will have non-OMAD days, no problem with that. But my default should be OMAD. I do like NOT to stop eating after a little amount… Therefore, OMAD. It’s very hard for me to overeat on OMAD without effort and carbs. It’s almost guaranteed with multiple meals. I have been trying since years, it’s usually a fail, I totally should have learned the lesson by now I think. I tried zillion time, NOPE, didn’t work. That’s it.

I bever will stop longing for the enjoyable, chill OMAD that solves most of my eating problems. I am a hedonist so it hardly will change.

As usual, I don’t care what most carnivores do when it comes to my own decisions. They aren’t me.
I am fat with overeating tendencies. I have skills. I need stricter rules.

I have my wonderful items with me at home now.
We bought a little pit of smoked pork ribs too, super cheap. Most items got quite pricy but supermarket stuff went up too… Whenever I say pork prices changed little, that’s for fresh meat. Sausage prices went up spectacularly.
This absolutely amazing thing (I couldn’t resist tasting it despite I had lunch not that long ago and was quite satiated and barely could stop, so good… so so so much better than the smoked ham from the supermarket and that isn’t bad stuff either and I like it. but this is on another level):

We got our little meat, next time we will have chuck too, they butcher pigs every 2 weeks in summer! Some people pre-order for the next time, that’s why we couldn’t get any despite writing very soon after the notice was posted.

We got one heart, a piece of pork loin (Alvaro want it to be roasted in the weekend) and a piece of pork shoulder. The pork loin looks like a decent pork loin, it has the pork loin shape with a modest but lovely fat layer on one side… Perfect for a roast. I will taste it too :wink:
I put the rest into the freezer, merely cut off the fattiest parts from the shoulder, I really need the lard! I fried it (I forgot about it for a long while but it was frying without problems and Alvaro cooked so he even looked at it once), now I have lovely though quite fatty scratchings (but I made sure the bunch has enough meat for me to be enjoyable) and a decent amount of lard to use.
Lard went up spectacularly in the farm shop. More than 100% since… 2 years ago? And the lovely, “dirty” kind is more expensive, not cheaper than last time. They must have realized people LOVE tiny leftover scratching morsels in it :wink:
I can make my own lard, I eat fatty enough pork that I have enough that way. Frying adds me especially much and I prefer it over roasts nowadays. Except for chuck as they are amazing either way… But I usually get my lard from shoulders and the 70/30 “scrap meat” I can buy in the little town supermarket.

I am so very full after enthusiastically tasting the smoked pork… With some egg as it is a bit salty alone. I envision many nice spring and summer and autumn days when we cycle to that shop. It’s a cute trip even for me who can’t handle “proper” sized biking tours, only small ones. It’s just the next village so 2 villages away as our own village is 4km from us… 22km in total, very tiny even for me and little elevation during most of it. It matters quite a lot :slight_smile:
In the weekend, if the weather allows it, we go 2 villages away into the other direction, it’s even more closer but we need to go up a hill first… I usually need to stop 6 times… :frowning: But this is the year when I aim to get stronger, both physically and in spirit and bring this number down! My 3 gear bicycle doesn’t help but the main problem is me, that’s quite obvious. Alvaro can go up without stopping… Probably even with my bike… But he cycles almost every day and almost no matter what, sometimes it’s a bit rainy, other times windy, it’s dark and cold and muddy when he crosses the forest with his headlamp… So his spirit got plenty of training while I am a spoiled little one who only goes somewhere in some nice weather and when I have a fancy for it and feel ready… But I have a big physical disadvantage too, of course. I have improved a lot in the last several years, I remember how I suffered on some hills that I still find not easy but no problem now, even when rusty… But I don’t skip the whole winter anyway either. But I still have a huuuuuuuge room for improvement!

Hopefully the stationary bike will help. Among other things I do.

(Michael) #252

I will not post all the details, but I am looking at increasing my testosterone levels while lowering my A1C, and additionally lowering my small dense and oxidized LDL which are both above 50th percentile on the bad side. Also hoping to lower my fasting triglycerides level as part of the lipid modifications by lowering IR. If I cannot do this within 6 more months I might even try a vegetable or two.

(Karen) #253

So glad you have improved… these things baffle as when they happen out of the blue.

(Karen) #254

Bit of another wakeful night … well the usual really, what i would give for a complete full nights sleep.

Stayed in bed a half hour longer this morning till about 8.20. Up and stair running then, as per, meds BP coffee and books then getting glammed up for afternoon tea dam e in Lichfield. Raymond was fine on the way down but was out of puff as soon as we started dancing. On the way home he had constant angina attacks and when i got him home we called the ambulance and they took him into hospital. Won’t know till tomorrow whether he will be kept in or moved to the City hospital or whether they will send him home.

I got home about 7.30ish and fortunately had my dinner in the slow cooker, i could smell it was well ready as i walked in the house. 400g diced beef which was nice and tender and have just had 3 eggs scambled in butter and some cheddar.

Push ups and shoulder work completed

@Naghite, It is good ya know you and what you want to achieve. thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

SOOOOoooooo…leave Apr 7 soon for beach trip. But not.

Mother in law in facility had some testing which they now think is colon cancer and more testing next week so leave on trip? not sure but then get this one-------our truck has engine part issue. Dodge MegaCab 2500 Diesel to the tune of $4,000. But adjuster said part and work is covered under extended warranty so only $100 to us, ok…but part will not be here to fix in time to leave on trip. Adjuster said he recommends no pulling our big RV with the truck cause if it goes into more engine failure due to bad part now, all the extra damage to the engine that might happen will not be covered and could exceed into the $10k area easily…ok…I tell ya guys I can’t take it anymore.

I am officially checking out of life as I know it. Rains it pours then a tornado comes over me and finishes me off.

All we can do is wait on MIL to see results and wait on truck to be fixed but I know one definite thing, this so important change of scenery first beach trip of the year ain’t going down and I know it sounds insane, but I think for my own sanity I really needed it but…it is what it is…but I feel like I am in quicksand at all times now. big sigh over it all and MIL possibly more sick then we think etc. will see what tough stuff comes our way.

I hope I will have a good sleep and Alvaro wakes me up if I can’t do it myself.
Since the clock was reset, I always wake up at the old time therefore too late to my liking :frowning:And we don’t know why they don’t stop this thing when it only bothers people and isn’t useful for anything. There was almost a change, finally but Covid came and they just forget about it. IDK what is so hard to say, let’s stop it NOW. Decide which time should be the normal, summer or winter and do it.
Even if it’s more complicated, it would worth it not to mess up zillion people’s life twice a year. Even I am affected and I don’t even have a proper schedule, never wake up early and go to work in the dark… And I don’t try to get used to waking up at the originally 3:30am or whatever Alvaro did. Tried to do as he woke up even earlier and couldn’t go back to sleep. Poor one. He is fine with getting up at 5am unlike me but if it’s way earlier, that’s problematic.

(Doug) #258

Fangs, I had a 1997 Dodge diesel like that, only ‘extended cab’ with an 8 foot bed. Its name was Leroy, and that was a great vehicle. I changed the oil, had the brakes done a few times, had the air conditioner fixed once, and that was it for ~170,000 miles over 14 years.

(KM) #259

hugs :pleading_face:I once did a staycation in my driveway in my Winnebago. Surprisingly it did get me out of my stress rut (well maybe it was the relief of moving back into the house afterward, but it Did shift my mood.). Any possibility you could do something similar?

everyone move over into the new April Carnivore thread

https://www.ketogenicforums.com/t/tripleaanimaliciousapril-carnivore/118575/2