MeatMarchMadnessCarnivore

(Karen) #181

Fab foodie pics yes the job was a toughie but it wasn’t all bad. I don’t miss it though. It will be a while, i guess to resolve the pension. I had a long email from the pensions ombudsman in which they say they will be able to be involved but i must first try to resolve it by sending both the prison and the civil service pensions an official complaint and see what transpires from that. They have sent me lots of info on what to put in the complaints letters so it is now just a case of getting on with that. Not very good for my head really but my daughter is going to help with putting the letters together. Oh i used to be so good at formal letters, i fought the social services to Board of Appeal in the case if my son and won and also a few other fights for him which i won … pretty major fights too and Sian used to ask for my help with formal letters and such and cv’s and other stuff and now the tables have reversed… oh well a small price to pay to be alive after a major Stroke. I am just glad she is a bright sensible individual with such a good brain :grinning:

Have a safe trip back to VA xxx

(Karen) #182

Food today

Cheese omelette and game meatballs and some hard cheddar. I wasn’t too keen on the meatballs and had to add mint sauce to obliterate the taste … why i bought them i will never know, just a reminder not to buy them again lol

Meal for later is the shin beef which is in the slow cooker, thats what i ate yesterday but it was a bit tougher than the braising steak i enjoyed the other day. I have left these two on low for a longer period so hopefully they will have tenderised more. Will update later lol

100 stair runs first thing and the push up and shoulder workout complete bar one more set but plenty time left in the day for that.

I have an autumn trees one too but I prefer (or just have but I like them) scenery with buildings. And my fav is a painting about ancient kids playing ancient games, that’s interesting. And somewhere I have a wedding with zillion people wearing beautiful folk garments with embroidery.
I will show them when I finally bring myself to do any…

Puzzle relaxes me, it’s very fun to me. Except horrible ones like our old one I don’t have anymore with zillion pieces and half of them are blue sky with white/gray clouds, about the SAME color all the way. It was a nightmare.
But a smaller one with variety is fun. I do like I do the socks, I grab the most obvious ones, put them together and in the end the boring ones finally find their places/pair :wink: Except puzzle pieces are more numerous and doesn’t come in pairs so I just grab the pieces belonging to the same part. If it’s not obvious as the puzzle has 6 similarly green trees or 3 pink bushes, I still grab them together… I start with the edges, of course and the easy parts… And then I get momentum and things just fall into place. I stop when I don’t want to do it anymore but it is really fun and I am focused and forget about things and it’s good. So it never gives me a headache :slight_smile:

Shapes, yep. Some jigsaw puzzles aren’t good as there are pieces fitting and even the pattern is kinda fit and I realize much later they should be separated… But it’s rare. I usually have unique enough pieces :slight_smile: Surely only doing not too many pieces puzzles help but even them are different, some are cut more uniquely and it’s helpful.
I need the cover though, I would be annoyed with the increased difficulty to put it together without that help. I could do it but it would ruin my fun. I kind of like to grab some interesting piece and try to find its place on the pic… Even if it takes more than a little time.

Oh. I didn’t think about that but you are right, I need to stop postponing digging up my tiny patch, what if we get rain and I need to stop days? My back is pretty okay now, I just didn’t want to do it in gloomy weather when we will have sunshine again soon.
We actually got a little sunshine in the afternoon.

My pansies got more flowers, they are so very beautiful especially the dark purple velvety one :smiley: I can be so very happy with my little pansies but they are amazing.

I can relate. I only ripped up the most useless “books”. Like very stupid “prophecies” (it was free and in German so I practiced my German at least).
I respect proper books so much. They are precious, my before Internet life was filled with them.
(I really should continue my new black hole book, I keep forgetting about it… I am on a mission to lower my YT “watch later” videos so I do that in the evenings, I am almost down to 400, it was 516 not so long ago and I obviously add some every day…)

Alvaro came into the room, he is shocked by the book ripping too.

I do that to the most boring, dry or lean pieces sometimes. Well, did. I have better ideas like my mustard sauce. Poor mint sauce, we never will use it up I suppose.
How can meatballs be bad? They are supposed to have okay ingredients… But when I was a kid, the ones making the school lunch was able to ruin even boiled potatoes… Probably the ingredient as no one can do that otherwise. I didn’t like lunch lunches most of the time…

Okay if I started to write about food, I talk about my day. Hopefully finished. 3-3.5 hour, a few small meals but the first one was the biggest.
Scrambled eggs with tiny pork jowl, the 2 front legs of the young rabbit (the whole animal was below 2 kg ready to cook, without head and paws), some cheese whisps, sour cream, little fried pork liver, a sausage, coffee with egg milk… Even small extras, I didn’t behave well today but it’s still fine for me and below 20g carbs. I hope I get some extra determination for April…
1600 kcal, low protein (I mean, not much above 100), higher fat. I liked my meal enough but had not much appetite and hunger. But no problem. Originally I didn’t plan to eat liver but fried pork chuck but I wasn’t in the mood for it for some reason.
So I had only about 360g meat today, way below a pound. It will be higher tomorrow I suppose.

I wasn’t active today, had a tiny walk and that’s it. No workout, no stationary bike as my legs are tired now. Should do some core exercises though. They are quick and easy.
And tomorrow I try with my bigger weights, at least for my biceps. I go over 8kg, yay. Now that I only use one at a time while just holding the other. It’s light but I started way lower :wink: What those people in videos do with 0.5 kg I can’t imagine, I obviously started with way more, I wasn’t a total invalid. My smallest dumbbells are 2kg ones, their usability always were pretty limited but I had a few special exercises where I used them. Or at least one, I used the 3.25 ones more. Even for chest exercise in the beginning, now imagine :smiley: Now I do proper chest presses with 11kg dumbbells, they gave Alvaro muscle aches today :smiley: I was a wimp who don’t try hard at 7pm but he tried to do 3x12 and failed. He still did more than me but I am better well-fasted. But I know he is a tiny bit stronger than me :frowning: Oh well, I race only with myself! I don’t ever read about articles about weights as they always write things like the average inexperienced woman deadlifts 60+ kg and I totally refuse to believe it.
I still didn’t try deadlift…
One day I persuade Alvaro to do all my exercises, not just the chest press (once in a blue moon), I am mildly curious.

(Judy Thompson) #184

@Karen18 lol at that guy ripping up books to keep them away from the prisoners! Hilarious to me and says volumes about his attitude towards them.
Once I sat in a courtroom and listened to a whole day of hearings. Every single defendant seemed to me to be guilty of only one thing - they took shortcuts. Didn’t have a license but drove anyway to get there faster. Needed money quick so “borrowed” it from the cash register. Yes there are many more heinous crimes for sure, but in the minds of most of these people, they just took obvious short cuts. Got to guard against shortcuts.

Yesterday we drove into town to pick up a violin bow I had repaired and stopped to bring home BBQ at Rudy’s, always a pilgrimage here in Texas.
Anymore, I’m usually disappointed at restaurant food. A couple hamburger patties with cheese and an egg is getting to be my safest meal out! This brisket was a nice fatty texture with crunchy charcoal bits. But rub always has sugar, and I got just a bit of a nagging headache after eating it. The sausage was okay, nice that all of it was smoked but when I went in the place I could smell the chemical meat additives they use. I’m becoming so sensitive to all this!
When I paid for it the girl asked me about the creamed corn. I said oh, that’s for my husband, I don’t eat it. She said oh, but that’s the best part, why don’t you eat it? I said well, it’s for health. My family is all diabetic and heart diseased and I just want to avoid those things so I go zero carb. Then she was impressed and thought it was a great idea.

Lastnight I didn’t feel like eating and I’m still okay now. I hate going to bed with that full feeling.

Today I’ll pack and clean a little for this quick trip to VA. We plan to go to Fredericksburg to eat and say goodbye for a bit. Planning on getting 2 hamburger patties with cheese, bacon and egg.

BBQ:

How on earth could creamed corn (whatever that is though I think I can imagine. is that a thing there?) be the best part? :smiley:
And I would say the same if I still was a vegetarian. Never was into corn and always thought good pork is the most tasty thing ever. I still had my memories from the times when the neighbours butchered their pigs and gave us some stuff… It’s not something I could forget. Maybe the actual taste but that it was so great but once, 3 days after we got the sausages I broke my too fresh vegetarianism for it :smiley: I was serious, only broke it twice. The other was after a long wait too (considering the circumstances), I was tired, cold and hungry and the only food wasn’t vegetarian. There were no shops either, we were in the middle of nowhere.
I can’t stick to things nearly that much anymore.

Gherkins, they were the best part of a lunch with beautiful crispy chicken thighs (it’s chicken, after all, not pork. the crispy skin helps though). And the nicely fried boiled potatoes. I went vegetarian some years later.

Now pork (at least if it’s fatty) is the winner even if there is something exotic and that has some extra charm over every day items.

And I still don’t know why they put sugar into rubs. Because sugar is used as taste enhancer in everything? But it’s such a bad fit with most meat dishes (if you ask me)…
IDK if I wrote here but last time I looked at grill sauces and they were awful. Sugar multiple times in the ingredients list…

Odd night, I fell asleep super early (before midnight! I almost never do that) so I woke up for my very first alarm at 7:30. Enough sleep and sunshine… And I still feel an enervated zombie with no mood to do anything. I will, I had enough of just accept such things bug still. And now I am curious what would happen if I went to bed before midnight every day… Would it mess my normal ways? Would it be possible at all? Whenever I read about the right sleeping time, it’s all about the importance of sleep before midnight. Well I can’t ever possibly go to bed way before midnight but just before, maybe. Maybe not.
But what if it’s individual and I don’t miss out with my 1-2am bedtime? (I had times when I was awake at 3-4am but I know I must sleep at 3am. and 2am is usually better, it’s just not as totally awful as messing my sacred 3am-6am sleep time.)

I just want more energy. I would make some sacrifices for it…

Of course, it’s possible that I need to put my life into some resemblance of order, I have a few ideas what is wrong. It’s not just lifestyle and sleep. But if something is very off, that can ruin the result…

great posts on the board to read!!!

but fast post from me, things to do, people to see, crap to get handled LOL and I thought I was retired? bleck HA

simple zc day. got a small pork loin to fry up and eat up…then tonight I got a nice ribeye steak to handle. got some shrimp on my mind too or maybe bacon with that steak…not sure which way I might go…ahhh, who cares, all is zc so it suits me :wink:

Strong zc forward we got into April…wow it seems like March flew by~

Okay so after my insane appetite times and some normal times I have some lower-kcal, smaller but still not many meals a day time. It happens though quite rarely to me.

I did my usual half workout (only arms) before lunch (I need to raise the weight for my biceps again but I did only used .5kg more now :wink: next time it will be 9kg, that’s symmetrical. and need something for shoulders as I don’t improve at all, maybe the different reps range I watched a video about yesterday? :D) and had pork soup and was satiated. After some Ginger time (she tolerates being inside better if we pet her and anyway, she is a lovely one with a loud purr and sharp claws. but Alvaro had properly thick clothes) I ate a tad more pork and one boiled egg but really, that’s it.
The sun is shining and it’s very peaceful here now. Tomorrow is Ginger’s surgery and getting farm pork!!! Not in this order.

(Karen) #188

We did have prisoners who were in for drivng offences and unpaid fines as we were a local prison but ours was a B Cat, one Cat lower than high security so most were nasty people in for serious crimes such as murder, sex offences, drug dealing and serious assualts etc. It was on the sex offenders wing that my colleague used to rip up his books but i think it became a habit he continued to do on other wings too.

Great foody pics again, that looks tastier than my shin beef. I won’ ever buy shin again, tasteless n tough!

(Karen) #189

What a day!

My friend Raymond called me after midnight last night to say he was having chest pains again… angina … and afterwards had a bit of a wakeful night. Got up about 8.45am and got on with the 100 stair runs… it feels like habit now which is good and makes it easier to do daily.

Read my books, did my BP and took my meds. Raymond decided to spend the day resting so our planned dancing was cancelled which actually freed me up to nip to the Citizens Advice Bureau. The young girl was lovely and so helpful and put my ombudsman email on paper (i don’t have a printer) and also managed to get just the section i needed of the pension guide printed. So now it will be a whole lot easier to do the 2 formal complaints to the civil service pensions and the prison. I was there about an hour going through the issues with her and ohhh she was lovely :slightly_smiling_face:

Afterwards i went to the cafe as it was brunch time and my tum felt a bit empty. Had a bacon and cheese omelette. Then to Raymonds with a bit of shopping for him, then back home, a bit weary.

I had a bit of cheese and then the cold shin beef that was ledtover from yesterday … should have chucked it as it was so tough. I need to eat something tasty after days of getting through the shin beef. @Shinita the meatballs were game and so were really strong tasting, in fact i would say as strong tasting as liver!

Done and dusted all the other daily exercises for the day.

@Karen18: I like game and liver flavor… (It depends though. The deer last time was lovely. Similar to beef but way more tender. And there are very mild livers like rabbit. the more I eat, the more tasteless it feels.)

I didn’t track yet, not like I am sure about my pork chuck, cooked in soup with a bone is already inaccurate and I forgot to weigh the bone, oh well.

I tried to have dinner at dinnertime and did but I wasn’t really hungry and didn’t want meat… Ate the leftover little liver, a little lean pork, a little fried pork chuck but even the latter, my big fav was meh to me now. 2 eggs, some cheese, piece of sausage, egg milk… Hopefully I ate a proper amount. Now I am perfectly satiated.

Ginger is in the house, she handles this new situation pretty well. She gets his last meal and I take away even his water in the morning. She sleeps a lot and when she is meowing, we pet her and she calms down and doesn’t want to escape anymore. She never was inside for more than a few minutes except 1-2 days ago (my time memory is always bad) when it was hours, I wanted her to get used to it a bit more but she wanted to go out afterwards. Well now she has no such option, the surgery is tomorrow and she needs to stop eating now. If he is outside, he may get food from elsewhere. And not coming back in the morning… I told Alvaro to be super careful leaving the house, Ginger surely will have a huge desire to go out already despite she has everything inside (except her usual freedom) but she just isn’t used to the house…

I have a bad but somewhat informative photo about her, made by a small tablet with not so great abilities:

His missing eartip isn’t even very visible here :slight_smile:
And the photo can’t show it but she is purring very loudly.
Poor kitten, she has no idea how traumatic tomorrow will be. But she will get over it quickly. Hopefully. I always think about a minuscule chance of not waking up… I thought about it when I had my surgery too. Wasn’t worried, I am an optimist with a guardian angel who takes care about these basic things as far as I know but the thought was there. Chances exist, theoretically.
So I will be a tad calmer when everything is over.

@Shinita, don’t worry, your kitty will come thru fine! Luckily it is a fast procedure and actually quite safe too so I bet Ginger will fair very well thru it all, plus the good care she gets when home later too!!

@Karen18, you know, I see you all fancy in your pretty dresses, so toned and so lithe and then I read ya dealing with prisoners and what was probably a kick azz type job career choice, LOL…2 sides to you for sure…love reading about it all.

Sorry on Raymond having issues. that stuff has to be scary for sure…hope he levels out and does better!!

Girl be sure to get you a very good yummy meat meal down ya, you deserve it. I also don’t like fighting and eating tougher meats LOL I get ya on that. It is ALL we eat, it better be GOOD at all times HA

--------------------easy day. ‘feels’ like the breeze is flipped from that chilly to more ‘summer like warmth’…come on summer, come on big and hot LOL

nice ribeye steak to start the day. after, got me some chicken to finish off. Also hubby brought home last night a small smoked brisket from the local smokehouse store. Had a few bites but heavens, the rub on it is delish but it is like ‘too much’ of something ya know…will let them eat most of it, but I am nibbling on it also cause it tastes great, but I can’t hound it down in big quanities any more like I used to eat this brisket…due to the overbearing rub on it…but darn, yum, right LOL

We are gonna need to name April for carnivore.
What ya’ll got…AbsoluteAprilCarnivore?
throw out some names, we will see what sticks :slight_smile:

I had a pretty bad night, I was awake a lot. I don’t go back to sleep nearly as easily as in the past and Ginger meowed me up. Poor Alvaro was up after 3am too and he couldn’t even go the sleep as he had to leave right after 5am. While I added more and more sleep (why I kept waking up, no idea) until I had enough. I am still somewhat of a zombie but at least not a sleep deprived one!

Ginger is peaceful enough and her accident was mild (he didn’t understand WHY she got nothing for poo. the new box is for peeing, okay but what about poo?! don’t worry, she was creative and found the cat container with a towel in it… good thing I have another towel I wanted to stop having in the towel shelf of the bathroom as it’s an old thing and we have better, thicker, nicer, prettier ones. I am bad at throwing out usable things, you see. I give softer cloths to the cats but there are too many).

But she is fine, barely meowing. Not so much time is left for me here, I hope I can escape the house (I only left once, fed the other cats while she was closed into the bathroom, I don’t trust my zombie reflexes against her but I will be careful), I usually pretty much hate being inside, it’s only 2 hours but there is sunshine outside! But I go for a nice forest walk soon and have things to do until then.

But I originally came to write about my yesterday. As I tried to track. Very inaccurate but good enough I suppose.
So, I had a small lunch, a tiny dinner and I was very much unpleased with this so I ate later and even later… I am super bad at guesses… I didn’t even fancy meat so didn’t eat much of it or I thought… Well soup meat always is weird, it feels almost nothing… But meat adds up anyway.
About, very inaccurately 740g meat (1.64lbs), 208g protein (no one can expect me not to eat my several eggs and a bunch of cheese just because I have a meaty day… sometimes happens but usually not). Oh. Well. No problem, I was below 2000 kcal since 3 days, a higher-cal day had to happen. But it didn’t felt like that… Okay, that’s why I should do OMAD or TMAD and not this grazing multidinner thing. But it was good I suppose apart from the protein overeating. Today I will be careful and that’s it :slight_smile: I have no appetite anyway and I am very much satiated, no wonder, it’s only 12:45 and I need to go cook and then go. We get farm pig, hip, hip, hurrah! :smiley: The FIRST time ever except the baby piglet! And that was awesome though super fatty especially after Alvaro ate half of the meat part. But it was amazing, that farm is pretty good.

We come home, a quick dinner and then we bring Ginger to the vet! And Alvaro can handle her in the evening, I will pet her too but I don’t want more responsibility like that now. Poor thing will be so very confused and without balance… So bad to see them when they are like this but it’s only for a little time. I am chill enough, my empathy or whatever doesn’t allow me to be even more chill. Of course it’s on my mind a lot. I have no anxiety or anything, that’s not my thing and I have no reason, all will be well. It’s just a burden I don’t actually like and poor kitten, it’s so new and strange for her!
They never seem to be in pain afterwards but I woke up completely painless after my (wrist) surgery too… I don’t even understand, I was cut up and metal was put into me and left there for good… :slight_smile:

The son of the couple running the pig farm broke his ankle, ouch. So we get out pork next week.
I suppose I need to buy some pork for the supermarket then, I almost run out. I learned my lesson, I keep enough meat in my freezer. Even if I have inclinations to play with non-carni recipes and probably will go off a bit (I have these times. I may try to softly fight against it as I LOVE my food, I only miss making various other things)… I still like to stick to keto if possible and I need my pork! And if I am successful and stay close to carni, lack of pork would be absolutely horrible. So I make sure to get some.

And I make wonderful slightly complicated and more exciting carni food too. I will start with broth and pork roast but this will be lovely afterwards:

I have found a 2 days old photo that I didn’t show yet as I considered my plate ugly… But why not?

It’s past 4pm and finally I start to get hungry. I needed that before the vet as we will come home very late, after 7pm. Late for my first meal. And my body sticks to its usual attitude, NO whole day fasts for me.

(Judy Thompson) #194

@Fangs yup that’s the problem with commercial brisket: the commercial rub. The brisket on Wednesday was good, nice and fatty, but even hubby said our sous vide brisket was so much better in both taste and texture. I season it with just salt. He wants pepper fine, he can add it at the table :wink:
@Karen18 Hopefully it won’t be long now that you got to their office to start the ball rolling.
Funny that guy kept ripping up his books no matter where in the system he was transferred!
@Shinita best of luck to Ginger and to you! It’s always traumatic but as you say, worse for us than for them.

We’re on the road again! Now near Dallas, it’s a quarter to 4 and traffic’s crawling! Gonna be a long time getting through this town.
We stopped this morning around 11 to fill the gas tank and I asked him to get my boiled eggs out but he didn’t so I bought 2 in the truck stop store. Not as good as mine. I think they add some chemical to the water or something. Then about 2 we stopped again and got our usual hot dogs, I used a little mustard to mask the mealy and sweet taste of gas station hot dogs.
There’s liverwurst in the cooler. Maybe I’ll just eat some of that and some cheese tomorrow. I’ll save 4 bucks too :joy:

(Karen) #195

Raymond just rested yesterday and said he prob wouldn’t dance today so i had to remind him of our recent convo where we agreed that when he felt good we would dance and if he didn’t then he would rest up, so he said okay if he felt good he would go and that is what we did and we had a super afternoon. It’s all about being as positive as we can and not think negatively. Hopefully he will still be feeling good tomorrow for the evening dance.

Yes there are definitely two sides to me but i am not really that brave, sometimes the prisoners were very intimidating but i would just hold my stand and hope they didn’t notice my heart trying to jump out of my chest :joy:

(Karen) #196

Food today was abrunch at 1130 of 2 sausages 2 fried egg and 2 bacon rashers at Morrisons. Forgot to take a pic. Dinner after the dance, a bit of cheese followed by a ribeye steak with cold water prawns… the little baby sizes ones which i prefer and ate the remainder of the prawns with some mayo. I enjoyed that so much i ate another packet of prawns with some mayo! Greedy eh?

The burgers were last nights before bed.

Had such a problem dropping off to sleep that i went back downstairs and heated up the stock from the shin beef and drank that and it made a big difference and i went back to bed and slept. It was a wakeful night though and i had to get up at 7 in order to do my stair running, get bathed and ready for dancing and read my books before going to pick Raymond up for a doctors appt. Thats why we had brunch out before the dancing.

All other exercising done so pretty tired now. Night night

(Michael) #197

Yesterday

And today

Ginger meowed a lot last evening (she started in the car! the others weren’t conscious then) but petting her helped. We were both super tired and sleepy… Alvaro was a dear and kept her in his room, she meowed some but then they slept for 4 hours in peace! Then she meowed me up at 5:30am and I am up since. Good thing I went to bed early but I really wish for a very proper night…

It seems I won’t make a photo of the cherry plum tree as it reached its top state yesterday and I didn’t focus on it then… Then some rain came and now it’s uglier a bit. Oh well, you can imagine. It was a smallish tree with bright white petals absolutely everywhere!

Yesterday I got hungry after 4pm, ate a little, I managed some more an hour later, couldn’t eat when coming home and managed to finish at least my meatballs at 9pm… About 80g fat and protein, quite low-cal day but I had a higher-cal day before. It was a very proper day until we came home and had my rare (I desire it 2-3 times a year or less) tea with lemon and sweetener. I have no regrets, it happens so very rarely. I eat sweetener zillion times more often, still.

Today is farther from carnivore because Alvaro cooked deer goulash. The way I instructed him so it’s not nearly as carby as other people’s… He didn’t complain (I wouldn’t care anyway, he had his way with the bigger amount of deer last time, almost totally ruining it with a lot of very sugary vegs!) He overdid the water though, next time it will be richer. As much as I adore very liquid soups when it’s a plain meat or veggie soup, this soup must be dense.
So it wasn’t as satisfying as I expected. But nice. Deer is so tender, it only needed 35mins in the pressure cooker!

I had a little pork, cheese and eggs too. This is an eggy day, I made a fresh batch of sponge cake, it was so long ago… So I could eat my hermelín or as close as I can get to it :wink: It’s brie in spicy oil, the original has camambert but I can’t even tell apart those two except the shape. Okay so it’s not carni either but it’s olive oil (a very tiny amount for the cheese), pretty innocent! Sometimes we get a gift from Italy and end up with a little olive oil and this cheesy dish is the only thing I can imagine with it. I don’t like olive oil, never did, only for this thing. And it’s so nice, I added chili when I made it and now it was ready to eat!

Maybe I should go away until I don’t eat carni. But I mostly eat so. IDK why but my more or less carby recipe desires pretty much disappeared, I don’t want those dishes, the goulash was satisfying enough mentally and I prefer my carni food. But we will see.
Oh and my rebellious freedom fighter self can enjoy the new box of milk we just bought too. I do my best to have it in moderation. I drank about 20ml this far.

I go for a carni April, possibly starting it on this next Monday, it’s the best day for me to start a stricter period.

(Michael) #199

Todays pic

(Judy Thompson) #200

@Shinita as Ginger is home and it’s over! Not surprised at the complaining and meowing but cats recover quickly.
Your cherry plum tree sounds beautiful! We’ll be back to VA tomorrow night. Cherry blossoms peaked Thursday I hear. The trees should be beautiful still. I’ll make hubby go outside and get publicity pics by the blossoms, since the one we have now still has a Christmas tree in it!
@Karen18 Willing the prisoners not to hear your pounding heart… Like I do when I meet a wolf or a spider (tarantulas in TX) … Just play calm and they won’t know, lol

Yesterday morning we left the hill country. Dallas was awful! Took hours to get through with all the accidents and Friday rush hour. We stayed in Texarkana, and this morning I talked to the young guy running the hotel desk. He is a beautiful kid, tall and thin with dreadlocks down to his hips. He works nights. I asked him if he sleeps all day, he said no because he has to get up and get things done. But, he said, I want to do something about my diet, it’s bothering me. He said he just eats whatever is handy. I told him I actually went carnivore about 14 months ago and it made a lot of difference in energy and healing. I told him about a podcast I listened to, the girl who runs the Black Carnivore podcast and Facebook group. He Googled black carnivore and asked me if that was her picture - I hadn’t seen her, she’s lovely! I told him they wouldn’t let me join :joy:. He said he’s going to look into it.
I’m not a carnivore missionary by any means but I really think this kid will like this woe as well as the black carnivore group. I’ll see him again in 2 weeks when we travel back through Texarkana, it will be fun to see how it works out.
We always stay at the same hotels and know the staff. It’s always fun to see the same people again when we come through!

Lastnight I had liverwurst from our cooler and some sharp cheddar cheese. Today as promised I had liverwurst and a boiled egg with mayo for lunch. Tonight, liverwurst, cheese, and 2 boiled eggs. Simple enough. No pics though.

I have plenty of cheese and liverwurst and boiled eggs. I’ll have the same lunch tomorrow, then we will hit the brewery in VA when we get there and have a steak or pork chop.