Meat MAYham

(Heather) #344

Of course, now that you ask that, they look pretty horrible:
dehydrated onions, salt, cornstarch, sugar, caramel color, corn syrup solids, yeast extract, natural flavor

However, I’ve had this several times before, without any issues. I also didn’t attribute it to my ongoing bowel problems, because I wasn’t eating that the entire time I’ve been feeling icky. Definitely something to think about, though. I’m a “never go to the doctor” type of person and the issue I’m having is more pesky than, “Ugh! I feel like crap all of the time.” So I think I’m going to try to ride it out.

I think this might be it. It just seems to be taking a really long time to work its way out. I am not a patient woman! - LOL I do plan to go back to the basics. I’m going to give eggs the boot (again), drop the sour cream and onion soup mix and just eat beef and water.

You are right @Fangs, I have had butter and other dairy in the past without issues. However, we know how our bodies can be…when we stop eating something for a while and then reintroduce it, they sometimes rebel. I’m wondering if it’s a combination of that and whatever bug my body is fighting off.

Thanks to everyone for your responses! You’ve definitely given me some things to think about. :heart:

On a good note, I did not have my usual morning “go”, so maybe I have turned a corner!

well darn I am hoping big time ya did turn a corner cause I am you. I am not a Dr person for anything til I hit the ‘I best go or might die now’ type thinking LOL

Yea combos of food or ya got a bacterial that is holding on cause of maybe the dairy back? or maybe the buildup of your onion soup ingredients are making all worse? or ???

back to basics and DO NOT add in eggs if you are off them right now…do that later. Right now is all the best of the best you did so well on and don’t add anything like an egg if you are kinda on that fence right now and clearing out.

sour cream is a killer too cause I can’t eat mozz cheese or any soft type cheese. I do fine on hard aged cheese with no issues, you give me mozz cheese off a pizza top scraping or I do cream cheese at all I have the craps fast…it just goes thru me and hard aged vs. ‘soft’ cheese have alot of different casein issues and more so I learned me thru the crazy of my bathroom issues on that ‘what cheese’ do I do ok on :slight_smile:

Happy you might be rounding a corner…thinking of you on it all tho and right there with ya on feeling better!!

(Amy the Silly Sausage 🌭) #346

I was going to eat dinner. Nice Burramundi fish but this afternoon I get sharp tummy pains whenever I swallow food. I had to call an ambulance as they were worried it is a bowel obstruction from a suspected hernia. So my nice night was ruined, and I just wanna leave hospital. Waiting for tests. My dinner still in the fridge cos I’m praying I go home tonight.:pensive: I am SO over hospital and health problems. I can’t stop crying. I was really looking forward to dinner but was too scared to eat it. It was beautifully cooked fish too…and $7 dammit. Sorry for my rant guys. I am waiting for the doctor.

(Heather) #347

Yep! That’s me! :rofl:

Just kicking off the brainstorm. June + Carnivore = ?

Just kicking off the brainstorm. June + Carnivore = ?

Blune is a made up word which sounds sort of like an English regional accent way of saying blown.

Full Balloon Carnivore June…

June Saloon…

(Amy the Silly Sausage 🌭) #350

Home from hospital. Doctor tomorrow. He said it may be gallstones so i will be getting an ultrasound. But I got endone for the pain and I’m now allowed to eat my delicious but cold Barramundi and eggs. I haven’t eaten all day apart from a bite of cheese so hungry.:crazy_face: Hope everyone is well. :slightly_smiling_face:

(Karen) #351

So a very lazy day for me today but I didn’t go crazy eating which is quite unusual as I have been so tired.

Had the sirloin bacon and eggs for brunch with a tad piece of cheese.
Later had some more cheese and a couple of slices of corned beef and finished with a lamb loin chop.

@Carnivoor your sausages look great, I just wish I liked sausages a bit more. I always think they are so full of crap and maybe thats why I am not so keen. They quite often have wheat added. Perhaps it’s the sausages I ate yesterday that led me to have the headache through the night. Still lingering now but that could just be tiredness and looking at my phone.

Work tomorrow and an early shift so here i am at 8pm in bed!

Below half a pound of meat today… And 14 eggs and 2 yolks, apparently… New record I guess… :smiley: It didn’t even seem sooo many… It just added up.

The heart stew was made from 300g heart and we both left half of our portion first (then a bit later I totally ate it)… We are so pathetic :smiley: It was nice but enough. And I was very much into eggs today after my meaty day yesterday. I wonder if it’s possible for me to get bored of pancakes if I don’t try to live exclusively on it (because that would do the trick quite quickly). Probably not, I have a few almost every day since long. I can fill them with so many things. My head cheese that I put into the warm pancake still in the pan got melted a bit, it was fun. I really like head cheese pancakes.

I ate 4 times in total. Eggs easily satiate me in my easy satiation times on carnivore-ish if I have no boredom problems - but I get hungry again. I had a higher-calorie day, I wonder why, not the little meat as I did the same with much meat yesterday. It seems I have this phase now. I am surely nicely satiated at the moment :slight_smile: And my muscles got their nutrients if they are able to get bigger from my tiny workout. They are small so it’s quite likely.

Sunshine, walk, weightlifting and very low energy today. I even napped once.

I got out some liver from the freezer but the pork will make a comeback very soon.

@Karen18, pretty food! Well I love everyone’s food there :smiley: There are many kinds of sausages. I don’t know the ones you folk eat much at once, I eat dry sausage, 10g a day is perfect for me. It contains more than 100% meat in the original, more watery weight and if they don’t overdo additives, it’s good enough for me. The grains are in our not-sausages (the blood and liver one), NEVER in the sausages. Sausages are meat and fat and spice!
But the vienna sausages are soft “sausages” (we use another word for it here just like for the not-sausages) and people often look at them with disdain. But not all are so low-level, there are ones full with meat (yeah, that’s not automatically high-quality but the fresh pork I buy isn’t that either, it’s not from some great farm)… Food products are often like this. Lard is all over the place too, bad, common lard is among the foulest things in my eyes, the taste is awful (and what does milk in it? I saw it among the ingredients if I remember correctly) while good farm lard is nice and the piglet lard was (is. I still have some :D) a smooth perfection.

(Linda ) #353

Well some how in a week I managed to gain 5lbs I’m still wondering if it was the added cream that I since removed again… but something is weird my clothes still fit the same but I started getting hunger that I couldn’t satisfy not good then I start snacking and don’t stop.

So I decided to mix things up again and go bacon and liver and today was fish and bacon see what happens .
Instantly hunger dropped off again im not sure what it is about bacon but it seems to stop hunger in its tracks for Me so will do it for a few more days with fish then see what happens.

@Redrobins hope your stomach settles… for me changing foods can set diahrea off so I feel for you.

@SecondBreakfast hope they get to the bottom of your leg pain blood clot sounds scary.

@KetoKoala steak looks great…

@Karen18 lol we are all so different to me thexskin on the chicken is the best part.

@Fangs I’ve noticed if the butter is solid it doesn’t affect me cream does though bloating and stomach cramps but I’m good with sour cream its all very strange lol…!

Pork rind crusted Orange Roughy

OMGOSH. First glance, I thought that was an octopus! LOL!

@FrankoBear
ok that makes sense now! Full Blown Carnivore June turned into Full Blune Carnivore June…crazy but it works!

@KetoKoala
happy they are getting you fixed up and eat well…keep eating very well B cause this will help start to heal your body and get you into a good space, might take a bit of time but you will be ok I am sure…wishing you the best!!

@Karen18, you get some good sleep when you can. I had ‘bouts of exhaustion’ on carnivore at the weirdest times…like when I thought I should not but I just ate well and took naps and boom they went away on their own so hope you start to get your energy back, you will. Alot of changes in our bodies at different times on this plan…at least it worked that way for me thru the years.

@Shinita, 14 eggs and 2 yolks…WoW THAT is alot of eggs LOL

yes we do have to mix it up and fudge around a bit when we get those hunger signals hitting hard again. It truly is your body saying I need more XYZ and you need to eat it as it asks for and get rid of those bigger hunger signals. When I want to snack ever, I know I am not eating well enough, so I do like you, shake it up and find my sweet spot again

*****************I dropped 1/2 lb more…I got 1.5 lbs down for May. WEE
summer changes my food and my activity level picks up alot. Outside person here and winter cold keeps me in and hibernating but my hot weather is here and I am loving it. Plus I tend to eat a little less, like I need less in summer…so I will take any little drop down any time I can get it LOL

food yesterday was those 2 thin cut Tbones for first meal…they were good. and ate a chicken breast later with a few slices of taylor ham for second meal.

today I got a big ribeye steak for first meal and second? I am thinking maybe a few cheeseburgers for second meal later with maybe a tin of sardines.

Nothing new in the zc carnivore neighborhood…everything going well. On plan and feeling fine!

i got a new plate lol

(Heather) #357

Just because I’m sure you were all waiting with bated breath for me to update you - MY DIARRHEA IS GONE!

Woohoo!

:laughing:

@Redrobins, YOU ARE DARN RIGHT I WAS waiting for good news, not sure about the others :crazy_face::+1::scream_cat::100:

You are part of our group and if one of our group go down we all go down :clown_face:

Thinking definitely bacterial and it finally got thru your system…you eat very clean, very sure for a day or 2, ya know, to lock in the better health :poop:

I am happy for ya cause that type of issue is no joke for trying to live one’s life away from a bathroom!!

@daigo1, cool boring plate, loving the green trimmed plate more but that meat in the middle is the focus on MY eye :slight_smile:

To be honest I got the green plate because pizza used to be my favorite food on SAD and I liked to pretend I was eating in a pizza parlor since restaurants were closed all last year and the green design reminded me of it

@Redrobins: Yay! I am glad you are better! :heart:

I had to search for @daigo1’s old plate as I always focused on the meat, never the plate :smiley: I love certain plates but that one just couldn’t get my focus this far…

I ate eggs and liver stew today. It’s the good stuff from the town butcher, with hearts and stew has extra flavors I like. And still… It was okay but I only ate because I was hungry.
So I figured out that my actual mood for liver drastically influences my taste perception. It’s odd as I don’t have this with other food items. I feel the taste just the same (or similarly). I feel my vegetables just like before, with a few exceptions, I just don’t enjoy most of them. It’s very odd, feeling a good taste I always loved and the taste is there but I lost interest and enjoyment. (And my exceptional few, especially one has my total adoration and I enjoy the hell out of it every time… Today I needed to use it as I was hungry but couldn’t eat due to negative appetite and I wanted soup. I will figure out some more carni soup, it was tomato flavored egg milk today, just perfect! Soup makes appetite in my case.)
So maybe I should eat liver a bit less frequently now :smiley: Or different liver. I always ate chicken liver lately as it’s the only one we know, can get and both of us like. But I want to try turkey liver as well.

I still can’t do TMAD, I simply get hungry more often. It’s fine as long as it doesn’t cause eating for too long. Today I had 2 proper, not very big meals and 2 tiny ones.
I cooked a lot today, simple ones but still… And ice cream isn’t even cooking… But now I don’t need to do such things for days :smiley: Alvaro has his food and he can handle the weekend, I have liver stew, pork roast in the freezer, eggs are super easy… And maybe I get Alvaro’s heart stew as he still didn’t eat it… And then I won’t eat organ for a while… Like, 5 days. That’s a lot. I regenerate from every boredness in such a long time. Except chicken but that runs deeper, it’s not a mere boredness, I dislike common chicken and I have my childhood trauma, time cured it but maybe a relapse is possible. And I usually need way more time between 2 alcohol drinking too. But it’s not noticeable since I drink 12ml vodka or 100-200ml beer occasionally. I never feel alcohol disgusts me, I just don’t want it most of the time. I had this “oh my, we managed to drink a bottle of wine in a week, now I don’t want to see any alcohol for 1-2 months and no wine for half a year at least” before.

And I can’t get bored of coffee, unfortunately. I am fine with even black coffee now. I don’t drink it all day, it’s not cold anymore to want hot drinks all the time. And anyway, I make a tiny effort.

0.75 pound of meat today (not bad using almost exclusively organ meat) and no idea how many eggs, not nearly as much as yesterday :smiley: Tiny cheese, much more sour cream…

I had my usual lowish energy, not the super low I suffered from lately. I am bubblier but maybe it’s because of KetoKoala who is my muse, actually :smiley: Poor girl has problems with her digestive system now and can’t eat much :cry: My only idea was drinking some calories, maybe that is better for her body if eating is such a problem? But she probably will need the hospital again soon. She doesn’t have any extra fat to sustain her properly, eating is more important for her than for me, for example… Sometimes I wonder about it but I probably would last some months without eating… And it wouldn’t even be so horrible for several days, I guess. I worry about her.

(Bob M) #362

It’s K1 that aids clotting, not K2.

Now, you CAN find sites that say k2 causes clotting, but I don’t think they are correct.

Oh wow, thank you for that, Bob!

My tummy is unhappy taking aspirin every day. Moving over to magnesium, and vitamin e with mixed tocopherols. I used to take magnesium to help with my BP, and forgot which kind. So searching through all that again. thinking it was glycinate.

With the stomach upset from the aspirin, I really have not been hungry. 2 beef patties today. Coffee. water. and my iron supplement. Yesterday was a chicken breast, butter, and a little ground beef. Not sure what the scales will say, and right now, I don’t really care. I’d just like to not hurt. Ah well. gotta get some housework done now.
Cheers.