May zero!

(Daisy) #122

I’ll try that, thanks!

This is what I did but I caught my daughter at an earlier age, like 6-7 I started talking about ‘why sugar is bad’ and how to cut back and make smart choices. Hey that chat about smart choices is a biggie tho……any info you get into her about, hey drop the buttermilk biscuit with breakfast or don’t choose all that extra bread sitting on a restaurant table before the meal arrives is a real big good thing to learn about. My daughter will never do my zero carb. I just want her to adopt a low carb eating attitude and if she has that foundation, hey she walks into a healthier adulthood than many at that point. You will be fine, just good smart lower carb choices as we get older is a great place for a person to land and control the crazy foods out there. And remember don’t feel bad, she is active in this discussion, trying things and learning so she is now above the curve of those eating crap constantly :slight_smile:

Yup, that is what I always heard about them also…use the HP and let it heal.

PS all, I read up on them a bit. Cankers have like a gazillion causes that can make them appear LOL so truly it can be almost anything but no one wants one :slight_smile:

-------Woke up not hungry again. I am in that ‘don’t need food right now’ zone. This is a normal thing for me. I swing from big eating normally into a low zone. It is like my body hit true nutritional standing and just doesn’t want it. I just don’t eat when not hungry but this will flip…belive me I know and I will hit into my normal 2-3 lbs. of meat/seafood per day again :slight_smile:

But when I do not want food, I don’t eat food. Simple as that. And this is when I get a tiny bit of weight loss. Might lose a lb. Hey I will be happy with just that!! My ‘not hungry’ times don’t last too long, 2-3 days tops and then I am back into normal eating range again. AND they don’t truly come that often, maybe 1 time per month or so I just get ‘fooded out’ and feel great tho and all so I just go with what my body says to do and it works out fine for me. Being 3 years into eating this way I have to say I know my body and its signals when food is involved.

So doing well, got a smaller ribeye for later when wanted. Might be all I eat today, about a 3/4 lb’er. If wanted I got shrimp or sardines to pair up with it. Hey that is low food intake for me LOL I am one to start my day usually with a 1 lb. ribeye and eat a second meal of burgers, chops, seafood or whatever so…just following my normal for me.

Everyone needs to know their normal. That is important cause no matter how much we read, get advice, see all what others are doing, we must know what suits our lifestyle, suits our bodies and what our bodies are asking of us individually. One thing about ZC is stay ZC LOL Eat the meat and seafood as it is intended on this plan, after that your eating must suit you as you progress thru changes in your life.

just chatting out some zc stuff :slight_smile:

Day 15…can you believe we are chomping thru May so fast? Love it!!

woke up ‘more hungry’ with food on the brain so it will be a normal day for me, eat well, eat good and move forward.

lost a measly .2 on the scale but who cares that is now a 1/2 lb down for May now with 16 days in BUT my body composition is giving it up better in that I SEE changes so…take what I can get :slight_smile:

today I got a nice 3/4 lb. ribeye for brunch time meal and pair that up.
tonight? Hmm, thinking massive bacon cheese omelet with more bacon LOL not sure could be chicken but chicken ain’t a big draw anymore so?

see where I am going here, I want friggin’ bacon LOL haven’t had it in a bit in BIG form and now I AM thinking a darn 1/2 lb to a lb. of bacon is what I am wanting.

all good here and hope ya’ll are doing stellar.

(Daisy) #125

Sounds like you’re doing great fangs!!

I tried to update last night but the forum seems to keep going down. Yesterday I had some broth, then had to take my youngest to the dr and do some grocery shopping. By the time we got home, it was 1 and I was famished!!! Browned the rest of the package of discount ground lamb that was almost bad and 3 eggs. That filled me until about 6:30 when I felt hungry again. So I made 4 eggs and a few thin slices of smoked sausage. I really had no intention of eating more, but I made the family hot dogs at like 9 and they looked so delicious (I cooked them a new way) so I ate what was left of the wieners. They were not the hot dog wieners I eat, they were the ball park all beef ones (loaded with crap, I personally only eat ones with no corn syrup). And honestly, as good as they LOOKED, they just tasted like garbage to me. So, I got that out of my system and will have no desire for them in the future. But I have no regrets.

(Not a cow) #126

Looking yummy Daisy, here is my attempt at the carnivore pizza. Chicken crust with an egg and parmesan cheese, pepperoni, ham, bacon and ground beef. Just salt added.

I tried one piece, a little greasy from the ground beef, but still edible. haha. Had 3 beef patties with it, and I snuck a couple pieces of ham for myself while cooking.

Yesterday was a huge eating day, 20 oz of ribeye, cheeseburger, 2 Italian sausages and 12 Chicken wings. That was my dinner, breakfast was 2 eggs and 2 Italian sausages, so satiated, too full actually.
Today will be a slower day for eats.

yea, no regrets when we eat some processed crap like a hot dog :slight_smile: When I started ZC long ago I loved Nathan’s hot dogs and would eat those and I would cut them open and broil some cheese on top. Cheese dogs…wee…didn’t live on them too long before I found a hot dog was icky in a way, never as good as ‘real meat’ of course LOL

great pics KD

That is the beauty of eating ZC Moo. We can eat so well and til very full if we need it/want it/ and our bodies heal while getting that good food! But the next day you probably won’t want as much and you just eat as you need each and every day. We don’t have regret on eating a lot, feel shame or punish ourselves with dieting crazy of worrying about our food intake which is just a nice thing to me on zc :slight_smile:

Love your meatza pic. You are rocking the zc way!

----------------so doing well and just cruising along.
my food options are basically the same, eating around the same amt and on my usual food pattern. Into that easy time of just being zc and doing my thing.

hubby stopped and got some fast food junk for him and kid on way home from a work job. He got these onion rings he loves to death. I am not an onion ring fan at all and he kept oohing and ahhing over them and he said they have the best batter on them. I said give me a taste. I chewed a bite a bit and spit it out on a napkin. Sugar. The batter is loaded with sugar. It was an instant hit of sweet and to me it was sickly ya know. That sugar hit with greasy oil combo to me was gross but he ate those suckers like they were going out of style.

It surprises me to no end the amt. of sugar in every single food to make it a draw and people gravitate to it like flies to honey literally. My view on food out there is very dim on how it is made, how it is sugar loaded for attraction and I really think the food out there in this world is getting so disgusting. So going down the tube for nutrition or health or anything good for us. Ugh.

well I said to myself it is the last time a taste of an onion ring will be in my mouth HAHA I thought, I will never eat another bite of an onion ring in my entire life. Hey no loss for me at all on that one LOL

all good with zc so far and doing good thru May. Keep on trucking everyone! We are doing great!

(Not a cow) #128

I would never have thought that onion rings would have sugar in them. I have a buddy who will not eat a french fry but if they serve onion rings he would take two. Maybe that’s why, I personally prefer the fries, of course.

Today I’m still thawing out a roast so won’t be ready for the oven till tomorrow, and no hamburger thawed out either, so I think I’ll give Five Guy’s take-out a try, 4 bacon/cheese burgers no bun, and a dozen wings which I have thawed at home. Should be enough for the day.

Tomorrow, Monday the 18th is a holiday in Canada, Victoria Day, which was for the British Queen Victoria’s birthday, way back, when she was still alive. Good thing the holiday is still alive, and it’s more like a coming of summer holiday now, we refer to it as the May 24 weekend (slang) as in a case of 24 beer weekend ! (1st Monday before the 24th May) Usually lots of camping and partying, but not in 2020. Just eating meat celebrations for me. haha.

I can live with that :wink:

(Karen) #129

Mid May 0. I am going to try and do carnivore going forward. I’ve been doing such dirty keto that I feel I need to refocus

Happy Victoria Day!! I love the May 24 beer weekend reference!

we got Memorial Day on the 25th and it will be just like your day. any thing people can do will be booked to the max I am sure. Like park pavilion gazibos and more for gilling out.

Hey it is a meat weekend for sure, BBQ reigns big :slight_smile:

Moo it sounds like you are doing very well and those burgers and wings is a great meal for the day.

I understand this. Sometimes going full on zero carb lets you reset cause keto can still have that big range of junk to eat like sweeteners and more so I hear you wanting to back it up a bit. I know those times, I would be extreme low carb, increase that a bit and boom, you are doing dirty everything HAHA

best of luck to you!!

--------------good morning
we got big rain coming for like 4 days. ugh. oh well.

starting day with my exercise tape. I am getting into a morning habit of that which is good but I can’t count on that, hating ‘controlled exercising’ of any kind, not sure how much longer I can do it, yea I know I can, but do I wanna? LOL

food today is gonna be like Moo, probably 2 --1/2 lb. burgers
dinner might be just shrimp alone. will evaluate how my burgers hold me on that one. I do have some country pork spare ribs I am crockpotting and for tomorrow to have available, might eat one tonight if I feel like it…we shall see.

all great in zc land so far. just cruising along thru May and letting it happen…and May is moving thru fast I think…June will be here before ya know it!! Keep the ZC faith!!

(Not a cow) #131

How come when you put the word “country” in front of a meat, it just sounds so juicy, fresh and delicious. haha. I bought some Country Ham the other day, but darn if I could find any Country Ribeye’s to go with it.

I just put a beef pot roast in the croc, for 10 hours, and should be nice and tender for dinner. Also a 16oz ribeye in the fridge waiting for lunch. Have to be careful with what I eat today, as I’m trying to watch my weight. haha, ya watch it go up that is :rofl:

It’s my second day again but I eat so much… Well, I still can’t overeat and satiation is better this way - but more meat would help. My pork chop, even being tiny per day (but my SO ate his 0.65 pound portion for 3 days… amazing but well, he eats half a young rabbit for 3 days too. it’s always a bit hard to look at his leftover when I have none and I barely tasted it anyway… I always had this thing with meat. no meat for years? fine. but if I eat meat, I mean business and not a few bites. except sausage in my scrambled eggs, I don’t need much then) gave me the perfect satiating seemingly only meat can trigger in me. I never would overeat my eggs either and they are satiating (in big amounts) but I still can eat afterwards or 2 hours later… Satiation is weak, it can’t keep me from eating. But perfect satiation is magical. I know when to stop eating and I am in this bliss where no food can enter as it’s completely, glaringly obviously needless. I have this on meatier days. And on OMAD but I get hungry too early for that nowadays and can’t eat much enough at once either.
I will test if it works with fish too… Too lean but I have some leftover fat part from my very fatty smoked pork ribs and I can always add egg yolks…Maybe together with meat they will have a good satiation effect. I noticed that a significant amount of meat always helps, even in the presence of carbs and that’s something as almost nothing can balance them out. Not like I often eat carbs when I have more than minimal meat but when it happened, I noticed this. It’s borderline impossible for me to lose fat without enough meat. I still have a hypothesis that I could lose fat on my ideal diet and I seem to know what that is.
Not like it’s my primary goal. I want to feel fine and energetic! I always feel better when I eat less carbs so I have that but I can’t forget my other goals.

omg too funny. beauty of zc….eat the heck out of what ya love. MEAT and SEAFOOD with butter, I mean geez how can one go wrong ever? ya can’t LOL

Yea the country style pork ribs are the big guys. the ones where the fat isn’t trimmed off. omg so good but I don’t do pork as much but these suckers were fab. I did 4 hrs crockpot, took out and did about 15 mins. in the oven on high temp to crisp that fat and WOW. Ate both, and stuffed this time cause there is a lot more meat than a regular old ‘spare rib’ one eats like baby backs etc.

Your food is sounding superior and I bet that smell with that roast in the crockpot is heavenly…nothing like that smell cooking in the house!!

yea our goals are great to have but also make sure they don’t block your way to true body health. you know what I mean in that many will ‘starve’ down the scale and while they do that for lbs. on the scale, at the same time they ARE ruining their bodies :slight_smile: So always keep it in check and in mind as we try to hit our goals.,…and not saying this is you at all, just an example I posted.

but heck yea the less carbs we eat all of us feel better. That is the way of real life out there on this nasty food that is out there and being ‘plugged’ as food…ugh. But carbs that are fresh etc. beat carbs that are chemically changed and enhanced and more thru food science and manufacturing of junk for convenience. Back to basics in all is best we can do at all times for ourselves.

------HI and yes my big old ribs were fab. Got them fork tender and almost too much LOL but pulled them just good enough, fast oven for crisp the fat and WOW. I was one happy country style rib eater.

today is hamburger. 1 lb. monster burger
tonight I got shrimp and ?? maybe a chicken breast to go with that? Not sure. Once that big old burger is down it will tell me how my second meal is gonna roll.

all great in zc land for me :slight_smile:

(Not a cow) #134

Used to do a Keto version of ribs, but I haven’t tried them plain. Sounds delicious the way you did them, and maybe I’ll try that one day, but for this month just sticking with my regular stuff. I’ll remember that Country description for future meat shopping , thanks Fangs.

The roast I was doing didn’t have much fat to it, and left only a few drops of liquid to add to my dinner. Worst part is no juice for leftovers either. Oh well, I’ll use my brone broth for liquid to add some juiciness. Must not have been a Country roast, that’s for sure.

Omad today around 4pm , looks like Ribeye leftover’s and Roast leftovers, and maybe a cheeseburger too. Yup that sounds like a plateful and gives me something to look forward to while I drudge out another day at work.

I am a health-conscious hedonist with a healthy rebel inner self who surely comes out if I accidentally get too restrictive so no way I sacrifice anything important for fat-loss. I didn’t even give up my carbs for very long (and still didn’t give them up, they just keep losing their importance) though it would have been odd to stop eating plants while not eating meat, these two things happened together and I am still amazed and feel odd… It’s so NORMAL to eat lots of carbs for people and it’s so normal to me not to. Why don’t people try to eat meat alone normally? There are meat lovers among high-carb people too. Well I guess several of them do try when they grow up… I know I was a kid who had problems with eating things together. I focused on something and ate it up alone. There are very few things I can’t eat alone. It probably helped me with keto and carnivore though on my original keto, I ate everything with vegetables (except sweets). Including vegetables. But it was no big deal to skip those. It was easy, somehow. While some people can’t even eat meat with split peas because they need rice/bread and pickles too… That was always a bit too many layers of carbs for me.

I cooked the last of my beef today. I run out my smoked pork and I stop eating so much cheese, I am not used to that anyway but it’s easy, nice food when I don’t desire anything. But I always have fish… I have some nice canned fish collection, it’s useful in a pinch as a last course of a meal. It’s still not always very easy to reach satiation especially when I have no appetite but I am clearly hungry.
My beef has a lot of chewy, not meat parts but I know what to do with them, ground and mix with eggs and make very nice flatbread!

I do only carnivore-ish right now, for reasons but I am as close to carnivore as I can do it comfortablty. And that’s not bad and enough for me. In the very beginning, carnivore was novel and exciting so it was easy for a while. Now carnivore(-ish) is pretty normal so it’s usually quite easy while it lasts.
I am looking forward to the future.

And I don’t really understand but my acceptable/ideal sweetness level changed a lot again. It quickly changed when I stopped eating added sugar regularly but then the process stopped. But it started again. Probably partially because I don’t eat lots of sweets every day (as I did on my normal low-carb and keto) and I bet an almost complete lack of vegetables and fruits on most days matter a lot too.
Little doors start to close. I only ate some kefir (it’s like yogurt but sour, from my viewpoint) a few times per year in the last many years and it felt normal. Now I tried it again and it’s extremely sugary. So that’s it, our already very distant relationship ended. Not a big loss but it was surprising how much it changed in some months. It’s not like I don’t have lots of off-keto days with very sweet things… But it doesn’t matter. I usually avoid plants and I eat very little lactose and my sweetest common item is the not overly sweet heavy cream. It’s enough. So I naturally start avoid certain things. I like my sweets sweet sometimes but my soup? My omelet? Nope.
My condiments aren’t very sweet but some of them still have sugar. I will make my own without sweetening (they are a bit sweet due to the plants anyway but I can handle that for now) if I really need those stuff.

I probably don’t want to know what would happen if I would stop eating sugar for a week or something. ALL sugar as it’s easy and done to skip added sugar for a very long time. No hwc, no spice and condiments. Maybe I would feel almost everything annoyingly sweet then and when I would go back to normal keto/low-carb, I would use lemon juice as my new sweetener in the rare cases I would still need more sweetness :smiley:

While some people put a ton of sugar/sweetener in all jam (already full with sugar)… And into coffee. And tea. It’s hard to wrap my head around of that and I am very used to sweet things… And I drank very sugary tea as a kid, of course. It’s not even tea to me, it’s some other, weird, pointless drink… Why people make kids drink that?

These cold late autumn days are perfect for this challenge.

I’ve been in the groove with a morning black coffee that switches off any waking hunger, so in this trial coffee is not a food it is a medicine aimed at satiety.

Then eating bacon and eggs everyday at some time between 11am and 12 noon. Usually 3 eggs.

The sun is setting at about 5.30pm. So I cook a steak and 2 eggs. I sip a large mug of salty beef bone broth with that meal.

This is the groove I’ve fallen in to for the autumn challenge. The summer challenge had way more carnivore food variety.

My sleep has been amazing. 8 or 9 hours of deep sleep every night. It’s another form of satiety; not waking up tired.

Last week I was unwell for 3 days. That’s the part I think I need to share here. This illness happened 2 weeks in to the challenge. It happens each time in the past 3 or 4 times I have gone carnivore. It happened at about 10 days to 14 days into the more deliberate diet.

I get headaches, joint aches, peeling skin, chalky taste in my mouth, increased tinnitus, muscle aches that feel like the aftermath of fighting a bear, increased hard tooth plaque despite twice daily post-meal teeth cleaning. Worst of all I get increased heart rate and palpitations. It feels like a heady mix of love, anxiety, flu and rabies. I monitored my body temperature and have no fever.

The other thing that is not so groovy for me in a carnivore challenge is a regular, repeated, fasting blood glucose of about 120 mg/dl in this WOE with 0, or 0.1, blood ketones, As compared to 100 mg/dl, or less on regular keto with about 0.5 blood ketones.

As treatment I double my coffee to two cups in the morning. I triple dose oral magnesium to the edge of diarrhoea, And I increase the salty bone broth with added Himalayan pink mineral salt. That sorts it out.

This has been a repeatable n=1 over a number of carnivore challenge experiments.

I feel fine to good now. And it’s just the busy-ness of my paid job that disallows feeling amazing. But I have a job, so I remain grateful.

(Not a cow) #137

Haha, this is why most of us go into carnivore, this ^ and this v , not really but it could, so just ride it through.

Great description Franko, I looked up carnivore trough of despair symptoms on the internet, and it makes it sound similar to keto flu, but your explanation sounded more like I expected eating solely meat and zero carbs to feel like. So carnivorish!

Fun reading your post !

I am glad you do feel well now FB! I do know when we have to work and more and feel off, it stinks :slight_smile: I so get that. When I am off in any way I just want down time to recover and not have to be bothered with anything :slight_smile: Great post…love reading your updates!

-------yesterday was 1 lb. of jumbo shrimp with some butter
2 chicken breasts sautéed in butter

boring :slight_smile: I have a beef tenderloin for today later.

got to hit the stupid dentist and finish off my final filling for my root canal I had last month, this visit and done deal. Not in the mood but got an early appt, go and get finished and forget it.

will wait to eat til later. with dentist I am like should I eat now and not even remotely hungry, or just come home and wait to see if I wanna eat or?? I will wait. I just can’t eat when I just can’t eat.

May is ticking down and we are all doing so well. I feel fab on zc and can’t believe this month is darn near over actually. I definitely have a mind of keeping the challenge heading into June. I like the accountability and buddies that go along with it, all of us helping each other stay the course and work thru our changes. Cool beans. :slight_smile:

(Daisy) #139

I don’t even know where I left off. Every time I’ve tried to get on the forum it’s been down lol. I finally just gave up for a while. Much has happened with my carnivore since I last posted. Through several trips to the grocery stores and several sales, I ended up with 162 eggs in my fridge! So I decided to do a large focus on eggs for a few days. I was eating around 8 a day and then suddenly my face broke out, my leg cramps got worse, I was having heart palpitations at night and then the last day, I was bloated like I was 6 months pregnant! So, I cut the eggs for the next day and ate through the non beef items in my fridge. Then yesterday I started the “lion diet”. Just beef, salt and water (and I’m including bone broth, which I got the :+1: from Mikhaila Peterson herself lol). I’m already feeling so much better, though the tummy troubles that I get every time I do just beef are back. My plan is a minimum of 2 weeks, up to a month. Then start slowly reintroducing other carnivore items. Ok, food pics, though this site does one day funky, I have no idea what order these will post.

KD that is a lot of food pics! Love seeing them. You are eating fine. Nice meat pics for sure!!

Eggs, that is a lot of eggs for sure LOL I ate so many when I started zc but now I rarely touch eggs. I got my fill of them early on.

Yea I had trouble getting into the site also…wondered and just waited til I could get in :slight_smile: So far so good on us all posting and staying accountable.

---------------So I am doing very well on zc.

I lost 1/2 lb. So that makes May a whole whopping 1 lb. loss so far :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I don’t lose fast now cause I eat my fill. I eat all I want, when I want and I do heavy fat and dense meats so I am not ‘cutting anything’ to starve down the scale ya know…I am just eating til full and love what I eat and finally I got a 1/2 lb. drop.

So with the .2 and .4 from before, I get to see a whole lb. gone for May so far…HAHA…hey I will take it. But also the best part is my body composition is shifting more. I see definition and changes without big drops down the scale so loving what zc does for changing our bodies.

Going to do my exercise tape in a bit. Just the short 20 min. move your butt tape. Not in the mood to do even that but will force me to do it cause I promised me I would and with only, what 8 days left in May, yea I will push and do what I said I would do LOL

Hope everyone is well and thriving on zc!!

(Daisy) #141

Sounds like you’re doing great fangs!

Today I ate 2 steaks and some beef heart. Was having a little digestion issues the last couple days, but today was fine. Didn’t sleep great last night and had low energy today but the energy is related to my pretty low fat intake since going all beef. I pulled some suet out of the freezer to start supplementing the super lean steaks when I eat those. The first steak was a wagyu sirloin. So not worth $20 a lb. won’t be doing that again. But the burgers I had the day before were also wagyu and they were fantastic. Those were only $5 a lb, so I will do that again! I’ve also naturally shifted back to an 18/6 2mad eating window.