May zero!

(Daisy) #102

I found a really good, easy recipe on YouTube to make it and it was delicious! The duck fat is seeming to give me some tummy troubles. It tastes good though!

(Daisy) #103

Today was back to my usual 2mad. I got zero sleep last night and I contribute it to my non-carnivore food I ate late last night. When we got home from church, I ate some more of my ham/turkey odd bits, but then I was still hungry. I looked in the fridge and was going to make an egg, but at the last minute went for the pickle jar instead. I ate 4 spears and had the worst night sleep I’ve had in months! Lesson learned!!

So today, I had bone broth, then the last of my turkey/ham bits. Then for dinner I had a giant butter burger with some bacon bits, 2 eggs and a piece of Canadian bacon. It was scrumptious!
My daughter started her carnivore-esqe week today with a 15 oz steak and butter! She had some cheese for a snack and will have a bunless burger here shortly. She’s never had a burger without a bun, so she’s not looking forward to it lol. My youngest eats hers without it all the time.

holy moly that is a low cost per lb. Wow that is not around here on frozen ducks at all. very cool buy!! I haven’t hit that fancy store yet but I will and check out ducks and get a new perspective on them again.

Love the saying on your mug KD :slight_smile: :sunny:

Very cool update on the kids. I hope all goes well.

Yea vinegar and such will react back on your tummy more and more you stay on zc, in fact a lot of things we drop and try again can take us down a lot. I put some Old Bay Seasoning on a shrimp a while back and pan seared in butter…loved that little taste but about 1 hr later I had to eat a Tums for survival. Tummy went toward being on fire. I can’t do much of any spice etc. anymore. Body says ‘what is this crap’ and you will pay for it a bit HAHA

eating later for me is a no no anymore. I have to opt not to eat cause every time I eat past, say 6pm I pay dearly for it. My body wants no late night food anymore but that is something I can deal with now in that I try to always make sure I eat my 2 good meals as needed and get thru the rest of the day easily. I hold that pattern I do very well.

Ahhh, made 11 straight days NO nibbles, lick the spoon or nothin’!

Hubby brought home cake mix, frosting and whole cherries and more to ‘bake’…….I hate cake. Never touch it…but the friggin’ cake batter!! Absolute draw. Last time a cake was baked in this house was like 1.5 years ago. Hubby buys cakes for him and kid. I have no draw to them at all so I don’t mind them around ever. BUT CAKE BATTER…come on ya know haha

2 tablespoon full before I had to drag myself away before that third went into my mouth and hubby was saying, hey don’t eat that it is for the cake so he got on my last nerve and drove me outta the kitchen.

So that is my trouble areas. I love certain things still. And I will take a taste but I did know that I had to walk from it fast so I did.

OK it is the 12th. One mishap only.

AND GET this, got on the scale and I am down .4 on the scale to a new low. Yea yea I know it is nothing truly but it is everything on zero carb :slight_smile: We lose slowly when into this eating plan and not manipulating it, just eating as we want and being very happy doing just that and the body gives up a little weight at a time…now that is my experience now what I am going thru :slight_smile: a little .4 down the scale…hell yea I take it :wink:

So I vow all in for rest of May and cake batter be damned cause I told hubby, buy the damn things, don’t bake them here LOL

got ribeye for later
shrimp
making naked burgers for dinner paired with probably little bacon and maybe an egg or 2. Not an egg fan anymore but as ‘side dish’ yea it works :slight_smile:

hope ya’ll are doing well and things are doing good as we hit darn near 1/2 the month down. Committing to total zero May and holding strong!!

(Not a cow) #106

For the second day in a row, OMAD dinner has been 2 huge chicken thighs, must have been quite the runner, and 3 naked burgers. Last night I cracked at 8:30 and had a late night meal of bacon and eggs. After you talked about how evening meals affect you, I was a bit worried, since I went to bed at 9:00, but all was well, I slept pretty good.

Did you lose slowly when you first started carnivore ? I have found it decent for weight loss if I could stick to it, and seems to have the same effect as Keto did with that big initial water loss. Verdict is still out for me, and I have heard stories that go either way.

Damn that cake batter, I can almost taste it from here, haha. That’s good willpower Fangs, to drag yourself away from that , so easy for me with no one else here to bug me, but still not easy, but no cravings right now, or ever since May zero.

12 Days Down!

oh your cracked and eating at 8:30 and sleeping could easily be something you are not effected by. Remember this is about your personal path and what floats your boat. You eat any time ya need :slight_smile: You feel good eating at whatever time or situation then that is what ya do!

Oh I lost very fast in the beginning. I dropped about 50 on very low carb and zc. But after that 50 left the building everything has went to a crawl the last year or so. Also tho I was eating ‘more nibbles’ than I should. I never eat an off plan meal, but my tastes and a bite can add up if I let it get away…so I shored it up big time and got back to zc basics and started losing again. Now it is very slow. I needed that 50 lbs gone, now I want my final 20-25 vanity lbs gone LOL I could stay here easily and be fine but my ‘girlie’ ways wants a tad more gone but I won’t do anything drastic to lose it/tweak around too much/starve etc. cause in the end, I like to eat. ZC holds me well ya know, I eat, eat well, feel full and happy and energetic and I won’t give that up for some final lbs gone but yea I am rooting for those suckers to leave the building HA

You are rocking this May…forward!!

Today’s breakfast was buttery ham and cheese omelet, and this afternoon I broke into a ribeye cryopak. I fried up some fat chunks to crispy, and had some nice slices I seared in the rendered fat. Also some left over meatballs-at least two medium ones made from beef, pork, and Parmesan.

I weed-whacked up a storm today and was super hungry. Satiated and sleepy now.
I find that I am really affected by light since eating this way, and get sleepy at dusk, and wake before or during first light. Anyone else notice this?

(Daisy) #109

So last night was even worse for sleeping. I went to bed by 10, woke at 11:30, 12:30, 1:30. At 1:30 I went in and took a handful of Lite salt and rubbed some magnesium body butter on my legs and was able to sleep until 5 before just getting up for the day. I also took my glucose/ketone readings at 1:30. Glucose was 102! My normal is around 80, so I was really shocked at that number. I hadn’t eaten for 8 hours at that point. My ketones were .6. Any thoughts?

Food today was back to 3 delicious meals. Breakfast was eggs and smoked sausage. Lunch was a ribeye and dinner was an organ meat burger and another burger.

yes I found this also. We follow a more natural life pattern I think. As our bodies heal it wants back to be a predator between sun up and sun down. I guess HA I like it actually cause I feel it is a more natural routine. Your food sounds delish! Good eating!

sorry but yea I went thru this and do every now and again. I think it is stress, our routines are screwed up thru this weirdo time in history and we are off our patterns for many of us. And I think as our bodies heal it is also a heal/repair/mode still and we get effected by it.

I found as I got bigger and bigger energy levels, I moved a ton more thru the day at warp speed and would naturally be tired at night then I could sleep well thru the night. And I would think also that blood sugar numbers difference of a ‘good long solid sleep’ and ‘waking up constantly and toss/turn’ etc would make your body deal with insulin different so those numbers could easily be what they are thru those differences. When I got wonky I would take naps and rest and do whatever thru weird sleep times and just get thru it and then it would be over and all would be set normal again, so hang in there :slight_smile:

Your food pics are great! Fine eating and I will SPARKLE today like your mug says to do HAHA

So I got the best sleep and I hate writing that out since KD is not sleeping great right now :slight_smile: but I was having trouble keeping my eyes open and went off to bed at 11:11 and woke at 4:30 for bathroom and back to bed which is rare, usually I get up then since I am a super early bird…but hit back and woke near 7. That is unreal for me to get that much sleep but it felt wonderful.

Why I think sleep is getting longer and improving a bit…for me I think it is my exercise tape and moving my body and using that energy up in my day. I noticed I am doing more and more, I got very sluggy there for a while cause of this crazy virus and lockdown and bit of stress for all who are going thru this insanity and my routine went out of whack as everyone and I slugged out more. Now I got my exercise tape moving my body, after I do that in the morn I feel I want to move even more so doing outside work, walking dog more and just moving with chores and such I kinda laid down and slugged thru these normal things I would do. So more I move, the better I sleep for me as a norm. And it seems I am going back to naturally using my big energy thru the day as being a natural thing and then at night I sleep so much better. I don’t know, just how it seems to work for me and how my patterns seem to go.

Hubby comes at me this morning and says I see 2 ribeyes in the fridge defrosting? Can I eat one of those? Is one for me? OK HAHA I got him trained so much better about going after my meats now and yes I said you can have one of those. He was happy he got the ribeye for dinner tonight.

before the buy 1 get 1 free sale went off I got more jumbo shrimp packages. Stocked well and I saved a ton of money on those. I use shrimp as my side dish so yea, I need a lot around me. A lb. bag of jumbo shrimp is 1 meal so I need a good bit around me at all times and hitting that sale, yea I did great.

All going very easy for me on my zc right now. In a good pattern and finding sleep is great, I am moving and using my energy thru the day more and ‘I guess getting more back to normal’ and it feels wonderful.

We got this guys…hold strong everyone!!

(Daisy) #112

Haha don’t feel bad! I’m happy to hear you’re sleeping well! My sleep was much better last night. I wasn’t able to go to bed until after 11 and I had taken the lite salt at 9 so I was worried, but I got up at 2:30 and 5. That’s pretty good for me.

(Daisy) #113

Today was a fabulous beefy 2mad! A giant cup of bone broth from the spare ribs I made the family last night. It got wiggly jiggly even though they were only cooked an hour! Then another beautiful ribeye with some fat from their ribs last night. Then I made a super fatty brisket for the first time ever! I broiled the fat at the end and it was divine! I did not eat all the brisket in the picture, but I did eat all the fat lol. Then there’s a picture of my bunny thrown in just because lol

Uploading: FCAD29E2-B29C-4451-BA8D-8FCB2DB9F693.jpeg…

(Not a cow) #114

I gotta buy some ham, that meal sounds delicious. I don’t think I have ever had ham since I started with Keto. I stayed away from it, because the only ham I ever ate, is the deli-meat type and that wasn’t supposed to be so good for you. I don’t actually know how to cook a ham, but I can try to do it. I mean it’s just add salt and put it in the oven. I mean there is no adding honey for glazing or spices anymore with carnivore, just simple I guess.

Your post reminded me about buying some, so that I can add it to the carnivore pizza I intend on putting together. You know the one with the chicken based crust, and the toppings of ham, bacon, ground beef and cheese. I think that would be a good treat meal to have. Plus ham is awesome for breakfast, I mean it’s really just the same as Canadian back bacon which I use to enjoy daily.

My work schedule is such that by the time dusk hits I am also ready for bed, and up around 4 am every day. I don’t really pay attention to the light, my drapes are pulled closed always, so I can see the tv and the computer screen much clearer. haha. I’m totally an indoor person, Vitamin D deficiency here i am.

(Not a cow) #115

What a night owl, I’m done by 8:30 at the latest, with maybe a nap after dinner too. haha. I have more energy than I use to since going lowcarb/keto, but my early morning routine ( up at 4am ) probably has more to do with going to bed early then lacking energy.

I use to travel a lot for work, and I seemed to get into this habit of being wide awake at 4 am for no reason, but it’s stuck with me. Once in a while I will do what you did, and go back to bed for an hour and it turns into 3 hours, but I usually don’t feel so good when I finally make it up. My back gets sore if I sleep too long, no matter how good my mattress is. ( Switched twice over a two year period, and didn’t help) Lately I’ve been getting a different ache in my lower back which I think is oxalate dumping which has happened before in the 2nd week of carnivore. Maybe it is, maybe it isn’t, but I’m counting on it being gone in another week or so.

Weird stuff happening :woozy_face:

(Not a cow) #116

Your normal glucose readings are fantastic, your 102 is my goal. haha. I haven’t bothered checking in the last week or so, ran out of strips, but I was always in the 120 range first thing in the morning and by the evening with some IF it would get down to 90 if I was lucky. I was checking my ketones last week and I would check them first thing in the morning and would get readings of around 1.0, fast all day and get readings before dinner of .4 or .5. So is .6 high or low for you, cause it looks like your are trying to eat lots of fat with your meals, so i suspect you are normally much higher than .6, correct ?

I think Fangs got it right, with the waking up so much that night, then your glucose would get slightly activated, as in dawn phenomenon which would then draw down on your ketones required.

It was probably a one off issue, your doing great with your meals, at least imo, so it makes sense that you are going to do great with this woe.

ahhh the bunny is so cute :slight_smile: I had bunnies long ago, loved them. My Uncle raised big old fat bunnies for eating. Mine were pets LOL
Love the harness on that bunny! great food pics as usual from you, yum

I laughed when I read this cause I am the same. I got heavy duty shades, painted the room a darker type blue and love love love a dark bedroom. With sinus headache issues if I go down during the day with a bad headache and ‘the throbbing brain and eyeballs’ I go into my dark room…it helps alot. Being in the South we got big sun and I also love a dark room for seeing tv and more…I so get that LOL

----------hey everyone.
all good here.
got 2 thin pork chops for later today.
dinner time eating, not sure, thinking just some naked burgers and maybe sardines. I woke up in that I don’t care about food mood, which I love, so nothing is calling my name and not feeling like eating big and too heavy today. So will chill thru this day easy with zc I think.

waiting on the ‘promised’ sunny and 80s weather they said would come today…big clouds and colder out there now :frowning: I want warm to goof around outside and do some stuff, but damp chilly weather will keep me inside. I don’t do cold anymore if I can help it.

(Elizabeth ) #118

Try stuffing yourself like Thanksgiving full at your meals… Snacking fades away…

(Daisy) #119

.6 is pretty normal for my on regular carnivore. I was surprised it was that high with the glucose that high. I haven’t tested ketones since then. I tested glucose after one meal yesterday and it was 91. After a really high protein meal. So idk! It’s crazy lol.
I got up once or twice last night, which is good for me. So the lite salt is really helping.

Forgot to update you guys on my daughter. She made it 2 days. On the third, everything went to :poop:. So, we’ve changed gears and are just going to put a focus on healthier every day choices. She is so much like I was. My heart breaks for her, I just wish I could do things over with her and teach her healthier habits from a young age.

(Daisy) #120

Today’s food: 2mad + broth. Leftover brisket, fat and a sirloin, then a burger (lamb and beef) with more fat and a couple slices of liver.

Weird random event: I’m getting a GIANT canker sore right on the inside of my lip. Haven’t had one in well over 6 months since going carnivore. Not sure what’s up with that… maybe from the pickles Sunday night? Today’s Thursday though… idk. Not very happy about it though.

(Not a cow) #121

Random event is right, when I have any kind of sore in my mouth I just rinse my mouth with 3% hydrogen peroxide. It works, will be gone by the next day. You have to keep spitting out frothy saliva for about 5 minutes, and don’t eat or drink anything for 5 minutes, just let it do it’s work. Will even feel much better in 5 minutes. They should call it the 5 minute cure for all. I use that $&it on everything.

Big meal, that’s like my Friday night special, a lot of everything. haha.