May zero!

Clean it up.
Let too many nibbles and teaspoon tastes of this and that.

Cheryl’s original challenge cleaned that up for me and I felt better and lost some lbs. but slow, but I never care about that part of it :slight_smile:

Moo reminded me of it :slight_smile: again cause it is SO easy to cook for family and boredom now in crazy times and I taste this and that and that adds up and makes me bloaty and icky and any loss on the scale slows down, I eat differently which is never good! cause I get off my standard good protein/fat content and I MESS ME UP stupidly.

Well no gains so that is great. Holding my new low. Focus, clean up the nibbles point blank. Back hardcore tough and hit the last 20 lbs I want gone for vanity sake :slight_smile: (or wherever my zc adventure takes me on that scale to be healthier, trimmer, vibrant, energized, focused for mental clarity and more. And oh yea, I got all of it, I just want more of that above.

I think we all ‘cave’ a tad in a way thru life. Boredom, crazy stress times that are global now, uncertain of life changes we might have to adapt, food choices tough to buy at the store and all that jazz. Normal crap everyone deals with while finding health changes. We all walk thru those :slight_smile:

So today is MAY DAY and CLEAN IT UP and track how I stay tight and on plan and eat all I want, when I want and just do the plan as always and live the lifestyle that suits me so well.

Any joiners? Anyone wanting all in for May? I know I am doing it and started already a few days ago knowing I need focus thru crazy times and how life is working for me.

It is all good! ZC rocks our lives for the better all the time if you stay on plan, give it time and live this lifestyle to its fullest :slight_smile:

I am in Fangs. Been lurking and enjoying carnivore threads for quite some time.
I like how you (all) roll.

Mostly carnivore now for best part of a year but have some significant knee pain from oxalate dumping at times, but down 25 pounds so far and shooting for 50 more to get into 130s.

HI Hawkeye!

So happy you are in…looking forward to hearing all the good results you will get going zero carb…and ya will :slight_smile: :sunny:

Yea the oxalate dump might get more real as you go into total elmin. and do ZC…so be ready for that but if eating all the meat and fish and good seafood ya love is bad, who the heck wants to be right? HAHA

25 down if FAB!!! You got 50 and I got around 20 so we can hit this together and make it happen with zc all the way………but of course we have to remember it is not all weight loss focus as in ‘limit/diet/restrict/crave’ and more, this is eat so darn great and let nature heal us and take it course with us. :slight_smile:

We always must remember the weight on our body is a ‘symptom’ of a non-healed physical body, no diff. then when we got sore joints, fatigue into that slug mode and more, all from carbs, so as we heal internally eventually the outside fat stores will leave as they must thru this healing and we are zc and lean and mean in the end of all of this great lifestyle change~!!

COOL, happy you are on board!

(Not a cow) #4

Okay I am good for this too Fangs. Looking to get stricter and determine if this is the way to go or not. I have been on and off, mostly on, but straying off path with bad carbs. (not vege’s)

I eat eggs and cheese, but pretty much beef, by way of ground beef, steaks, and roasts. I also eat salmon and shrimp as a meal now and then and some beef liver once a week. I throw in some chicken wings, some chicken thighs, and some bacon or sausages, for side dishes, and in the past have used salt, horseradish, blue cheese, and hot sauce, as seasoning/sauce and will use a modest amount of whipping cream and butter for a coffee now and again. ( 3 times a week at most ). I’d say that I eat on average about 1 1/2 pounds per day.

I think my challenge is to stay on course for the whole month of May, eat enough food to satiety, to not overeat, and will switch it up from OMAD to 2MAD or whenever I feel hungry within reason. Breakfast and dinner will be my plan, unless I work from home, which will make it Breakfast lunch and dinner, most likely. ;).

I don’t think I will change it up much, maybe lose the horseradish and whip cream, but everything else I like, and can eat them over and over for 30 days if not longer.

I need a day of carb detox first, but will be raring to go, come Friday. See you then.

Sounds great Moo…join in the fun.

I love the smaller challenges cause then I fess up and NOT eat a spoonful of whatever I make for the family if it is one of my old time favs LOL

What your eating is ok. Just eat when hungry, never go hungry and you got this.

Detoxing the body is great also. I have to say I could not even imagine eating carbs again in any type of meal. I mean a spoonful once in a while is one thing, for me if I ate a full carby meal I would be in the hospital I think LOL my body doesn’t want it and reacts bad to it now since I am ZC so long…but to me that is a good thing actually :slight_smile:

hey all… SCORE for me. $15.99 beef tenderloin on sale for $7.99…price was like $112 and I got it for $49.00…about $55 on sale and when I used my store card it hit with a $7.00 off earned credit. Hot damn. Saved like $63 off this whole tenderloin, came home and ate off a monster part of the thin end…omg so good

a lot of nice steaks cut for freezer, will be enjoying those bad boys.

just luck I hit this great deal. last one and I grabbed it! And my MAY challenge meat, a lot of good tenderloin and yes my hubby can not touch this, it is for me for my lifestyle…he can eat his old tough Tbones while I get tenderloin HAHA…at least he is cool with it :slight_smile:

and lucky me down a tiny bit on the scale from my low…so something is going good for me. Scale moves painfully slow but I eat so darn well I don’t care LOL and I have to say body composition is getting leaner and meaner for sure without losing big lbs. so I love those changes.

AND FOR MY MAY challenge…every morning. Exercise tape. One of my short ones. I am going to commit to a 30 minute tape and DO IT faithfully. I can do anything for 30 days :wink:

Come on May!!

Just stocked up on ribeye at $5.99 pound.
Today and yesterday ground chuck, eggs and lots of Irish butter.

I have so much energy eating Canivore. I’ve been mowing my horse pasture with a push mower the past two days as if my two acre compound with years of neglect wasn’t challenge enough.

My mare thinks I’m :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: but I massacred some milkweed

Ohhh love you are a horse person cause so am I…had them for over 35 years, raised Spotted Saddle horses for many years, ride all the time but sadly I opted out a few years ago after my last best riding horse passed, being older and chained to farm work we finally went ‘early semi retired’ but I have to say…not owning a horse is weird for me LOL

Great food stock up!!
And I so hear you on the energy with zero carb. It is stellar!! I get this deep down feeling like my body says…move, you must must must move, and I truly need to move :slight_smile: I love it actually…….very cool you push mowed!! Life is all about moving and you sure put in the great work on that one!

(Not a cow) #8

How do you get 5.99 a pound for ribeye. Up here Canada way we pay $16 per pound or US$11-$12 per pound. I pay 7.99 per pound for a chuck roast, and $5.99 for medium ground beef.

That’s a great deal you are getting. I’d like to eat ribeye day in day out, but keeping true to the budget doesn’t allow it.

(Not a cow) #9

Nice score Fangs, and it’s not even Christmas. I notice you eat a lot of steaks, mostly ribeye, and I am so jealous. Not Fair !!, haha.

My mare is a leopard Appaloosa and over 30

Well done on your bargain tenderloin!
My hubs won’t eat fatty meat so I hopefully will have my beef to myself.

I am eating to satiety when hungry and losing in spurts and stalls.
Not worried about time but want to arrive at my goal strong and eating without obsession or worry which is something I really enjoy about your attitude towards this WOE

It is cheaper here generally Moo, but usually at least 10 or 12 dollars a pound at big box stores. I wait for my local Kroger weekly sale ad to cycle around to half cryopaks bulk either ribeye or New York strip and then I buy several. It happens every few months and I spend a couple of hundred dollars but cryopaks last a really long time fresh, freeze well, and I eat on one for about a week. I dice some of the fat in pieces and render it out to crispy bits which are delicious and fry up the meat in the rendered fat.

Zero waste and zero carb :slight_smile:

same here Moo…original price on our ribeyes are in that range of $10.99-12.99 lb. depending on the store mostly but luckily we have these big sales where they hit into like 7.99/8.99 lb. and if ONE is very lucky that elusive 5.99/lb sale rolls in and ya grab the stuff up and use your freezer.

I sure wish you got better deals like that around you.

My budget exists on sale prices, if I was paying full price I would be doing more chuck roasts and such vs. the steaks. But while the iron is hot, ya know LOL

Moo try a big box store if you have one near you, then see a price on a whole ribeye or tenderloin etc. Those prices per lb. should be cheaper, might be an option for you :slight_smile:

But in the end I can exist on any red meat. I wouldn’t have a problem with just that but since the sale prices are good I am grabbing when I can.

Ohhh Leopard App…so cool. Love them and we had a barn that raised them around here but they are closed now…such pretty horses.
My Quarter horse Willy was good til age 32 and sadly my other rider Peepers only made 22 cause of twisted gut. So sad but boy horses are the bomb in life :slight_smile:

You are very lucky your hubs doesn’t desire the fatty reds. I sure do and my hubby does and I told him hands off eating my tenderloins from the freezer like they are candy. He can eat the world, I am limited so I said he gets a steak when I say he can have one HAHA He wasn’t too happy about that but come on ya know :slight_smile:

No obsession or worry. OMG I so understand those thoughts!! Spurts and stalls are fine cause while we aren’t losing on the scale at rapid speed our body composition is changing a lot. Heck we can lose a size easily and not lose a lb. while doing zero carb. We zc’ers will register higher on the scale yet be thinner in clothing sizes etc. I gotta say I love that…a perk for our lifestyle. Just hold the plan and eat well and live good without tons of obsession of ‘dieting’…oh yes I strive for that and zc can give us just that! cool

MAY is so close now LOL

Here we go…get your forks out and meat ready cause our May challenge is going down :slight_smile:

(Scott) #15

Do I have to give up my wine with May Zero? If yes that may be a deal breaker.

HA HA

no you can keep your wine but you watch it :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

we are talking food ingest of ‘off plan eating’ mostly…as in don’t take a spoonful of mashed taters and gravy when making for the family LOL

oh wait, that is me HAHA

Alcohol and dairy of your choice etc. is allowed. All carnivore is allowed as in condiments etc. We are not going ‘all in 90 day elimination of all’ like coffee, some alcohol etc. going bye bye we are cleaning ourselves up to very smart and controlled and knowingly eating our plan as we see fit in our guidelines :slight_smile:

but we are holding to no sweeteners ever…all meat/seafood/fish/dairy as you can handle and NO eating off plan of crap…oh wait, that is me eating 2 potatoe chips from my kids bag LOL

So for me this is clean it up again………like every 3-6 months I start to ‘taste’ and ‘want’ and variety etc. and then I need to rein it back.

May is good. We mostly are all bored cause not much travel, being home etc. so a challenge to all of us who want it, heck yea go for it!!

(Elizabeth ) #17

Just a red flag when somebody says my wine my bread my this or that it makes me think that you identify with that particular food group and it’s way more of an addiction than you might believe it is just my observation only

(Elizabeth ) #18

You mean another May like last May and the May before that :slight_smile:

Yea E, I hear ya…this May is clean :slight_smile: I ain’t eating one chip from my kids bowl…having family is tough, but I get thru very easily til that one few months down the road my mind says…hey you are doing so well you can have…well hell no I can’t :slight_smile:

I noticed me being bored thru this crazy life crap hitting the world and I want an excuse, well this ain’t it…there are no excuses and I love my zc plan so it is time for all the clean up I need in my life right now!!

Ain’t perfect, won’t ever be when it comes to all the time, every single minute of every single year but one thing is I don’t ‘eat off plan’ but the damn nibbles…gotta go again and get my mojo back full strength!

(Scott) #20

No need to speculate, it is definitely an addiction. :wine_glass:
Just like meat :laughing: