May zero!

(Daisy) #82

Love reading everyone’s updates!!
Today’s meals: broth with collagen, leftover pork roast for breakfast, steak, caviar and liver pate for lunch and the rest of the pork roast and more liver pate for dinner. I usually only eat once or twice a day on the weekends, so we’ll see. I’m thinking next week is going to be more focused on beef and eggs.
So my 13 year old came to me today and offered to try paleo for a week. She said if she noticed a difference, she may do it more and will stop giving me a hard time about stuff. I told her let’s up it to carnivore if she wants to see a difference in a week lol. We’ll play it by ear. I’m thinking non keto carnivore for her, including honey and dairy. She’s a carb and sugar addict, so I’m thinking this will be easier for her to jump into. But the fact that SHE came to me was beyond belief!! I don’t want to push it too hard.

this is wonderful! I think the benefits of being zero carb come in so many forms, ones that are life/health changing for our quality of life also, the lovely thing about zc is it is never all about weight loss.

Our overweight is a symptom of our bodies working incorrectly due to bad nutrition, so if we adopt zc and heal the body with hormones balancing and more, we fix our symptoms also…even if our weight loss at some point is very slow, so much more is being given to us thru zc.

I love your post and see you truly understand the ‘whole picture’ of what zc is all about. One step at a time for overall wonderful healing and benefits to the body. Not a quick fix starve down the scale and truly not heal your body…as we all know is the wrong way to go about health changing paths.

If it is walking, flying or swimming we got dibs on it as a meal HAHA

WOW KD that is wonderful…but yes go easy on her. You know that age, one wrong step and she could bolt on ya HAHA

My daughter is 15 now. I instilled low carb rules on her and she understood at a younger age to ‘give and take’ and not be the greedy all in sugar monster :slight_smile: So now at her age, while she won’t ‘do a plan’ she mostly does good choices. Like for breakfast I say bacon/eggs and biscuits and she says no biscuit. Ah, great. Dinner is pasta and she says no crispy bread with it. If she gets a salad she now gets the grilled chicken on it instead of the fried crispy chicken and no croutons :slight_smile: So those little things I noticed she is holding onto tight and I keep a small bug in her ear. I had to watch it cause when she was younger…aground 8 or so…I was ‘talking about being overweight’ and WHY carbs do this to us and she turns and says to me, OH SO I am super fat am I? I don’t measure up to some standard? AND I cut that off fast by saying sorry I never meant it ‘that way’ but a kid is a kid. Have to watch my approach LOL So I watched my approach to her and all has been good ever since that.

and being OLD momma :), I had her at age 43 and she is my only kid, she is like culturally a total alien generation to me LOL Talk about worlds apart but we do have connections that are tight so that is good.

so yea tread lightly!! As long as we put info in their ear at slow bits and they see us changing ourselves we can do some good :slight_smile:

Great post and definitely keep us updated on her paleo week!!

-------------so doing very well.

not sure on food today.
yesterday ended up with 3/4 lb. naked burger and tin of sardines.
then I had 4 small pork loin chops I pan fried in butter

then around 10 at night I was starving but didn’t eat. I can say point blank I eat a lb. of steak and my day is easy. I walk away from that 1lb. of steak and my day is harder about food. No doubt about it.

Today I got steak on the brain for sure and what else? not sure. have options on what to eat…so steak and ……to be determined LOL

Holding new low. Waiting for that little drop to come on the scale and it will :slight_smile: Feeling great. Hope ya’ll are good too!

(Daisy) #84

I’m a little lacking on the actual meal pictures today. It was an unusual eating day for me. Breakfast was pretty standard (eggs, bacon and kielbasa), but then I started rendering suet into tallow and I ate a bunch of suet lol. Then I made a new batch of bone broth but with turkey/pork tails/necks. That was my dinner (the meat from the tails/neck) with the last of my chicken liver pate.

(Daisy) #85

Oh and with the tallow I made some whipped tallow face cream!

Hi guys. I gave me some days to see if I will epically fail and then I stayed away more somehow.
Well, I had 5 pretty strict and fine days, now I relaxed my ways but not much and it’s still “unnecessarily strict”, I mean I am sure I would feel the same with less rules but I have no problem with this now.
Some fresh meat would be nice but I couldn’t get any since more than a month and I had low supplies to begin with. Oh well, I had worse times, I always have SOME kind of tasty meat and fish.

I needed a longer time to be comfortable and well as normally (normal is I am fine right away), yeah I had too much too strong carby days before. I so needed this.

I have low energy and I eat a bit too much. At one point I unlocked more energy in the past at this diet (it was awesome as I always had low energy on every diet including keto) so I am sure it will come eventually.

But I am content with my last 9 days. I definitely did better than in the previous months. And I had my tiny handicap with my very little meat supplies. I am curious about the rest of the month! As I had more relaxed days, my mind obviously started to get ideas but I know myself enough at this point and definitely don’t want to ruin things this time. I would do much for feeling that energy again. (I wouldn’t resist temptation for it, let’s stay realistic but I would figure out how to avoid it. I always loved that approach the best as a hedonist.)

Maybe I will have total strict days but in general, that’s it, I have my limits. I still will stay closer than usual and it probably will be the best I could do.

(Not a cow) #87

That looks like some wild Keto dessert, careful when applying near your lips. :wink:

Today was an OMAD day, starting at 4pm, 3 cheeseburgers, 10 oz ribeye, and some lovely chicken hearts. Tuned in to a you tube video to get some instructions on how to cook them, and the lady who was preparing them, she raises her own chickens, referred to them as little “chicken steak bombs”. haha.

How’s that for a mouth watering visual. I’m picturing those little heart bombs partying in my mouth eventually exploding into a rich ribeye flavour that melts into my taste buds. They actually tasted like chicken, no really, a deep chicken flavour, like dark meat with more taste.

Enough about flavourful ribeyes, because I had 4 of them this week, time to switch it up so tomorrow it’s salmon and shrimp, and the rest of those little steak bombs! :bomb::fireworks:

(Daisy) #88

Interesting! I have a pack of chicken hearts/gizzards in my freezer that I’ve been too afraid to make lol. I actually pulled them out today, stared at them for a minute… then put them back and got out the tails and necks instead lol

(Not a cow) #89

Be afwaid Daisy, be vewy afwaid, haha. I was kind of expecting a liver like flavour, but not at all, they were very tasty. I sliced them in half, sauteed them in butter, and cooked them to that chewy state, partly cause I was also afwaid of eating raw heart. I will cook them less today, and see if they are less rubbery. It’s kind of how I feel eating a gizzard might be, although I’ve never had one of those either.

Chicken tail, hmmmm, chicken heart, now that you know, what will you chose next time?

happy mothers day to moms :sunny:

loving the chat on hearts, gizzards and more! Ya’ll are predators to the max…eat those innards!! If you like something or want to experiment with cooking it, go for it!

woke up oh so not hungry so that is always good.
seems to be my normal now for sure. eat 2 times a day and done

I think ribeye and shrimp today for first earlier meal. Simple and easy. If I want more I got some bacon and eggs planned for dinner if I want something. Woke up kinda bland and ho hum, so food ain’t on a hit list for me today!

Zero May is going fine for all of us…we are rocking it! Can’t wait in another 20 days to say how we all feel going thru a clean eating zc month!

I have no problem with innards, why would I? Variety is nice anyway. But I never was into hearts and gizzards, not bad but if I eat some chicken innards, that will be liver. Their brain is nice too, by the way. And nothing beats the blood :smiley: I loved that as a kid. But not easy to get if you don’t kill the chicken yourself. I only eat all the various innards if I buy a whole chicken. Not completely whole, it has no head so brain is out.

I plan to try beef hearts though (and liver). I want the experience even if it won’t be a hit :slight_smile: But the liver should be nice.

farmer gal like me :slight_smile: :slight_smile: Since I process animals and more I did all that stuff but at the end I had to ‘send to processor’ and be ‘certified’ and more to sell to the public etc. So I got out of processing our own birds, hogs and goats etc.

Yea I am that person! Throw in hubby is a hunter and we eat that too! We ‘do’ critters of all kinds LOL So many are disconnected from their food sources in this world. Sad truly. That is why all the crazy is out there with being vegan and more…how dare someone? Well it is natural and truly nature yet it is now ‘an issue’ of epic crazy. and the more we live real life and natural life on this planet?, yea the insane comes out in full force. oh well. We constantly see and live what happens when we leave a natural lifestyle so…

(Daisy) #93

I made a whole duck today! First time I’ve ever made one. And guess what I purposely cooked the innards with it and ate all of them. They were not that bad. None of my family liked the dock but I loved it. And I have a nice little bowl of duck fat to use this week! I am planning that to be an omad, but not closing the idea to eat something later on this evening. Especially since our church is opening back up for evening services so will be going out. We may do a pick up at our favorite restaurant

(Daisy) #94

Forgot pictures!

well yea you feed them ‘‘dock’’ and I wouldn’t like it either HA

OMG GIRL I love love love duck but cooking drives me batty. Cost is high around here for sure and that is if you can find them. being very rural stores stink here LOL

but I told hubby years back. become a friggin’ duck hunter but he has no interest in duck hunting, almost got him there tho but sadly he backed off. just isn’t his thing :frowning:

Duck is so delish. I haven’t had one in so long ya made me super jealous! You are eating so well KD! Love it.

and the nicest thing about ZC is we CAN eat again and again, we never gain doing it, but it might give us ‘less and longer’ path down the scale and monkey up our lc tone up for the body for time a bit, BUT WHO CARES!! I mean we get to eat thru our lives as this ‘un-natural civilized’ life as made us become…so us ZCers can walk thru it easier actually !! I love what ya said there, we can eat :slight_smile: there isn’t any punishment and more and we feel so darn good and if we don’t want extra food, then we just don’t eat it!! :slight_smile:

those pics of that darn duck are wonderful! to no end and omg I want one now. I will find me one and have at it! ugh you put new zc uppft in me for that! OH just a great pic and I would be ripping that duck apart and savoring every bit. yea off to find a duck in the ‘fancy’ store I have to drive a bit to get, but I am gonna go there :slight_smile: one for me and one for the freezer LOL

KD loving your posts!!

(Daisy) #96

Haha darn autocorrect!! I found my duck at Kroger. Don’t know if you have those around. It was $12, I feel like that was pretty reasonable though I would have liked to see it on sale. It was yummy though!! And I got almost the whole duck for myself since my picky family didn’t like it. I savored every bite!

yea no Kroger around here, I would have to opt for like Whole Foods for something ‘exotic’ like that…exotic, a normal used to be food on plates in every country and now in my area it is not normal to be eating a duck from a store LOL

I do have a Public which opened about 1/2 hr away, not sure but they are kinda fancy in a way, a frozen duck might be there, might go have a look.

around Xmas I saw my store had frozen duck but at like $22 or so a lb. and it was super pricey and I say pass but in the end, it is seasonal and they don’t bring it in anymore other than that season for like 1 holiday.

yea $12/lb is not bad cause on a duck you do eat to the bone ya know, in that you can grab every morsel and enjoy it and be so satisfied. beats a ribeye out at $35.99 per meal LOL

all going very well here for my zc!

ate a 3/4 lb. ribeye a bit ago. yum to the ultimate. got a nice one.

ate 5 leftover chicken wings from my the ones I made for my kid. eh, blah, boring, useless food actually so won’t be eating those again any time soon.

dinner tonight probably just a lb. of jumbo shrimp.

easy peasy, just cruising along and feeling wonderful

I’ve done OMAD for two days, and today had a ham and cheese omelet but planning on a big hunk of steak tonight.

Feeling great too :slight_smile:

I am a bit envious, that is good stuff! My SO’s Mom (who is like my own Mom) gave us duck fat sometimes… It is great. I am not into duck meat, particularly but the fat… And I have very nice memories about duck liver from my childhood (actually, about the meat too but when we cooked duck, it wasn’t that good, maybe the preparition? though I always thought that good meat is good meat, it’s hard to ruin the taste as it comes from mostly the bird itself).

Some fowl sounds a better and better idea but alas, I can’t get that either. Maybe some guineafowl but that’s a more expensive treat, I would be happy with some chicken… I’m so waiting for the usual big roosters of the “beef farm” (if they don’t have my preferred meat, mutton) but they keep offering guineafowl nowadays. Oh well. I always can buy some kind of fish, it’s something.

(Daisy) #101

No, $12 for the whole duck!!