May zero!

(Elizabeth ) #62

Now you’ve got me jonesing for brisket! My fave place here uses only salt and pepper…hmmmmm

(Not a cow) #63

I cancelled CNN and MSNBC but then the cable station is offering it up free of charge for the month of May, so I had to take it back, I mean it was free. haha. So now i"m watching it again.;(

That’s a huge challenge, I couldn’t watch someone else eat carbs, I’d be in such a fowl mood. Just you mentioning cookies made me think of how great they felt going down. Although I don’t really crave cookies or ice cream, it’s jujubes and chocolates for me. Those are sugar rushes the likes of which no one has ever felt before. ( Sorry was watching MSNBC)

Looking forward to steak and shrimp tonight, and I haven’t eaten anything for the day on purpose, felt clearer, but now at 3pm starting to get a little hungry. Still at work or else i would have eaten by now, but soon to be home. Funny that yesterday I mentioned I wasn’t sleeping very well, and last night I slept through the night for the first time…like ever! Could be the lack of sleep caught up with my or it could be the carnivory cause I slept like a… ::bear:

Wish you could get one of yours.

hubby bought a small one…ate a good bit of it, omg that yummy fat on it…plus I ate some dark bark with spice and did fine on it but mostly left it alone, ate the good part of the meat more and never fear, hubby said he will ‘handle’ that good dark bark HAHA

Gonna eat more of it in a bit again as my second meal. BIG YUM

(Daisy) #65

Today’s meals: breakfast was 2 hb eggs, mayo and bacon bits. Lunch was a burger and a little spoon of caviar. Dinner was a burger and bacon with a couple little chunks of liver. Do you see that bacon??? :star_struck: edit: the pics are showing out of order but the plate with all the bacon and the plate with the bacon on the burger is the same burger. Just threw the bacon on top for dramatic effect lol

Hey just cause those channels are free…ya know HAHA…free is not always good for a person :slight_smile: I tell ya Moo I had to walk from it a bit or I was gonna go bonkers, for my own mental health sometimes we need our head buried in the sand a bit…info overload!

Well I am a gal. Been there done that for ‘dieting’ thru many years of my life and have lived around ‘not eating snacks, junk etc.’ so I have to say I am well adapted on how to work around my carb eating family. I had plenty of practice. I do it every day in all forms with food in this house, as do many of us :slight_smile: and I have to say most days I do extremely fine, don’t desire, don’t want it anyway…but that one darn day it irks the crap out of me seeing them ohhing and ahhhing over the food and I think…life is stinking unfair but then I over run it with, they are eating truly junk food that wrecks a body so…I mean I have to chose a side and at this point…older I get toward retirement and the grave, the more dearly I hold onto chose the right food.

So kinda used to it al by now but some days ya know LOL

So happy your sleep is improving…good sleep is key for me. I don’t ever sleep much, like 5 hrs most times, maybe 6 but rare, but when I do sleep I want to sleep like the dead :slight_smile: Glad you are better now!

(Daisy) #67

Burger is one of the things hit here fast in stores around me :slight_smile: and limit of 2 per customer so every time I am out and out I make sure I hit the store to buy 2 packages. My freezer is doing well.

May zero is going very well for me.
No nibbles, licking the spoon after cooking for the family :slight_smile: and more LOL

hey those bad habits can easily kick in ya know. a taste of this and that. I love all of us cleaning up our zero carb eating! We are rocking it!!

Hi All
Looks like y’all are eating good :wink:
I’ve been doing meat and cheese omelet in the mornings, ground beef and pork taco bowl the past two days.

Fangs, your filet story gave me craving and my good luck the Kroger put their cryopaks of whole beef filets on sale for $9.99 pound, which is more than I usually spend but seemed like a tasty splurge so I am having that and runny eggs for breakfast tomorrow.

Food is really tasting good to me this week. . .

(Daisy) #70

Today: not pictured was about 3 spoons of chicken liver pate during lunch and dinner. I’ve had a stressful day, so happy I chose liver pate to stress eat instead of something worse lol

oh boy now you are in for a super treat. steak and eggs are a great delish combo. I lived on bacon cheese omelets for a very very long time when I started this way of life…plus bacon cheese omelets are something I order out a lot. A ton of places will always make me an omelet at all times of the day :slight_smile: great fall back for us zc people!!

You rocking great meat H!!

and that’s the way it is done KD! Good move!! I love your food pics! You are eating good and doing so well!!

For me I am eating a bit much. Bored. Watching family eat a ton of crap.

but I am doing like KD, any extra eating is just my meat and seafood, but in all honesty I am eating when not truly hungry. I gotta clean that up also.

I ate so much yesterday…1.25 lb. ribeye steak, 1 giant chicken breast in alfredo sauce with extra parm cheese…3 slices salami, 2 slim jims, 5 slices bacon with bit of melted cheddar sprinkled on it. After the steak and chicken the rest was just grazing for no reason.

Went to bed bloated up and feeling icky but woke up my usual exact same friggin’ number on the scale…which is a good thing cause I swear I feel like I am gaining but I never do no matter how much ZC I eat so that is good LOL

Nice thing is my jeans are looser. That elusive tiny bit loose in the waist and I noticed the legs are more baggy now. So ZC is changing body composition a tiny bit again even tho scale is not going down. Which is fine, this is not about weight loss for me but of course I want my last friggin’ 20 lbs gone for good HAHA

The right zc path will lead me there as it is doing, slowly sure, but it is doing it so I am cool with it all.

Today I got a nice tenderloin steak and tuna. Might do some shrimp too…but will watch to eat only to true hunger and not graze my zc thru the day. Bad way for me to roll kinda.

all great, feeling wonderful and strong and good energy and sleep is fab. All zc gives me is good stuff!! Hold strong all, we are doing wonderful thru May!!

Pate was a great choice instead of junk daisy— Ima gonna try that as I love pate big time.

I am stress eating on plan a little, but the real cheat for me right now is too many decaf coffees with HWC. Making big mason jars of my homemade electrolyte water today and every morning forwards to combat that.

I also see little scale movement down fangs, but am holding steady at my last low setpoint from years ago. But like you, body composition is changing visibly. Legs thinner, and those dimples happening in subcutaneous fat that signal an eventual “whoosh” though it seems to be taking forever this time.

Energy, mental calmness, ability to work hard physically and focus for hours continues to improve. No farts either :wink:

Carnivore Rocks!

(Daisy) #75

Thanks @Fangs and @Hawkeye. Yeah I agree fangs, I’ve been eating too much I think. I eat when I’m hungry, but am I really hungry or is my mega stressed out brain just making me think I am? Or is is all the pork I’m eating? Today was bacon and eggs for breakfast. Chuck eye steak, liver pate and caviar for lunch and pork roast, eggs and liver pate for dinner. I ate just a smidge past my comfort level for dinner. But it tasted soooo good lol. But not so much now. I feel a little over full and am a little burp-y. That only happens when I 1. Eat too much or 2. Eat a roast from the instapot. Which I just did both together lol. Pictures!

(Not a cow) #76

Hey all!

I have been eating big this week also with ribeyes, chicken thighs, shrimp, bacon, eggs, and burgers. Cal’s nearing 3k for a couple days, but today was small stuff packing around 2 k in cals.

I have an easy excel spread that adds up my calories and macros, takes less than a minute to enter my food and do the calcs, and while i don’t track it day to day, I use it to check out my meals for the day, and then meals planned for tomorrow.

I like the pics daisy, and it’s great to hear and compare what everyone else is eating. I have been trying to keep the sauces to a minimum, basically this week was some blue cheese sauce using 2 tablespoon of whipping cream, but that’s it for the week so far and only using salt to season. Shrimp were wonderful with just butter. ( 7 days done, and feeling good !)

So far everything going as planned, no surprises, and no reason not to keep this up for the long term. I usually get off track every once in a while, but over 3 years, starting with Keto , I still end up back here. ;). Never give up!

I sure know this KD. Boredom. Stress thru crazy times. Food around us a lot, more than usual kinda thing all adds to the wondering if we are hungry or just the mind.

I know for me, it is a mind game now. I am not hungry truly when I do that extra food, who am I kidding LOL :wink: Me, I am trying to kid me LOL

I am pulling the reins up hard on this. I am not letting this take me down this path cause you know, I thought about it the other day and said to myself, omg so many have like no food and can’t eat well and I don’t know…I feel into I feel greedy thinking. I don’t like the greedy in me kinda about my food etc. Just my thinking on this one :slight_smile: how I roll so to me it is time to get into line with my thoughts and eat for true true hunger. My body will tell me when. Time to put the fork down, or for me, time to stop picking up my steak with my fingers and tearing at it HAHA

Love your pics, you keep them coming!!!

I love this thought Moo. It took me about 2 years of extreme low carb and dipping into zero carb to make it set and cement in zc long term. One day I finally said enough is enough and into zc I went hook line and sinker. What good a few very low carbs? Just a tease anyway HAHA

You are eating fine and you are doing so well! I love reading your updates!!

-------------------------so for me it is time to rein in the eating extra junk. I know I am not hungry. I am a 2 meal per day person. I eat around 11-1 and then I eat again around 3-5 and that sets me done for the day. Been doing it a long time and now I am ‘‘pretending’’ that this stress/crazy madness of the world and my ‘‘change of routine of life’’ should effect my eating. Well it shouldn’t truly :slight_smile: I just want it to so I can eat more and more and more HAHA Done with that. Get a grip time for me here.

Plus like Moo I am watching cheese now. My alfredo sauce I made was cheese loaded. I feel a dairy bloat for sure. I rarely eat cheese. I mean I put it on a cheeseburger, or into an omelet, or melt some on bacon sometimes or I load it into my alfredo sauce, and every now and then a few chunks of cheddar. Geez now that I typed that I see I do eat more than I think LOL

Limiting dairy severely. Gonna be super careful. Like Moo butter on my shrimp vs. alfredo. Naked burgers. No eating of the cheese just cause I can :wink:

I feel great but I got some small issues I want handled. I will do just that. Feeling ZC wonderful here :slight_smile:

Got a small ribeye steak for later and paired up with some scallops sautee’d in butter…sardines and a naked burger. Yes sounds weird but a I can pair up any meat with sardines :blush:

Meaty May is on its way!!

edited to say my 15 yr old daughter did a 30 min. exercise tape with me and then said, oh is that it? and I said hey I got an hr tape we can do…and we did but only did 30 mins. of that tape HAHA…so got 1 hr of exercise in, we had fun. I am shocked I got her to do it with me LOL she must be super bored HAHA—1 hr was enough for me. I felt this workout also. Pushed a bit and me and kid kinda had a competition going, heehee….we both won tho!

(Not a cow) #78

Hey Fangs, after 3 years playing back and forth with Keto, Carnivore and everything, I’m sure I will also take at least that long, I think, to stick to one or the other. First I need to get a clean 3 months in of Carnivore . :wink:

I’m at work this morning, thinking that I feel a lot smarter then I did in April, ok, maybe not April, but smarter than last year, December. I really believe that my mind has become clearer over the last, say 3 months. When I wake up in the morning, I was always thinking that my brain fog is how I feel at that time, which I still get, you know that groggy I need a coffee feeling. But now I can tell that my memory is better and just my overall thinking has improved. I may stay at this job for another 10 years well into my retirement.

I love sardines, I use to eat them back in the day, as an evening snack on toast with butter, but from a can is just as good. However, if I eat sardines late in the day, I’m burping them up all night long and the next morning. I couldn’t pair them with a ribeye or even shrimp, they are so nasty, but you know nasty good. Like liver. No liver at the butcher yesterday, so I bought some chicken hearts which I have never had. They look harmless enough, but I’ll let you know after I eat them, if they are as nasty as sardines. haha.

I did 20 minutes elliptical way back when you first mentioned you were going to start with your exercise video’s. That has since ended, but time to set up something for myself, I’m feeling some muscles sprouting.

for me it was any and all way to keep carbs in my life and make them work somehow but they always worked against me. I would eat a cup of mashed taters and gravy and that was like 17 g of carbs…a cup…crap I wanted triple that. Or I would eat a cup of my beloved cheddar cheese cream of broccoli soup and it was like 20g for that and a cup? again I wanted triple that with crackers HAHA

Then I would make all the fake low carb substitutes of all this and those tasted like junk, cause I wanted the nasty real junk that tasted good LOL

My years of fighting those carbs was miserable. I could never eat enough to make me happy, I got more cravings doing that and I was on that nasty fence of just being 1 carb away from a binge of epic size so I just floundered in and out of very low carb with dips into zero carb…where that one day I said…omg I can eat so well on zero carb, not gain an ounce eating all my delish food, I feel great with those benefits it gives…or I can fight carbs my whole darn life. I went zc and never looked back LOL I couldn’t fight the carbs literally so eliminated them from my life and I soar and fly high…with carbs was just a train wreck every day truly so I went easy…zc is easy actually :slight_smile:

Luckily I don’t burp up my sardines, I guess the meat anchors them down in my tummy? haha I have no clue but I eat by 5 or 6pm tops the latest and everything is processed by my 12-1 sleep time so I do well on them tho.

are your livers harmless or lurkers to get ya? Can’t wait to hear :slight_smile:

I love your updates on brain fog and clear thinking. The longer we do this plan it is actually scary in a way how we process life and actions etc. so differently. I say I am a new person thru zc for sure. It is wonderful and dare I say can be ‘enlightening’ and I never thought I would be one to be enlightened ever :slight_smile: :slight_smile: Whatever enlightened is for each of us I feel I am zeroing in on it somehow!!

glad you are doing so well, you keep it up and rock on!!

A saying:

IF IT IS IMPORTANT TO YOU, THEN YOU FIND A WAY,
IF NOT YOU FIND AN EXCUSE.

How important are the changes we desire for each of us and what we want? Pony up and dig deep :slight_smile:

No excuse for May, we do what say we want to do and live our lives as we desire and go all in and attack and make our truths as we want as a true course of action!

Ha Ha! I also eat lots of sardines and always buy by the case from Amazon. I thought it was just me.

Yes, the repeated tries and failures to keep carbs in has actually been a kind of progress to feeling happy on zero carb. I’m not perfect, but have made miles of progress with gaining control of my eating and other addiction type things as well.

I’m also really noticing my thinking is much clearer and sharper as the weeks add up to months. I also broke through my 180 lb. plateau this morning, though I still expect fluctuations up and down. But that is a new low which I haven’t seen for years, so I’m just staying positive, loving my body, and being grateful for the progress which is happening on so many levels.