May zero!

Wha’ dat?

You are an awesome coach, Fangsy!

Kielbasa is Polish-style smoked sausage:)

Very delicious :yum:

(Daisy) #44

It’s a sausage, this one is uncured and the ingredients are really decent. And the taste… :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

Dang it, I can’t stop from blurting out questions.

Made in USA? I would love to get some home-made pork sausage from Hungary where they have those amazing pigs that are related to wild boar.

What is cultured celery powder? That sounds like code for “uh-oh”. I see it in ‘cured’ meats ingredients. Somewhere, someone was having a downer on celery seed, as compared to celery vegetable… hmm, who was it Thomas Deleur (sp?).

It does look like a delicious option in the 50 Shades of Carnivory. Crikey, I’m eating mushrooms. Kielbasa is a step up from that! :heart:

(Daisy) #47

From google: Celery powder is a dried, ground concentrate prepared from fresh celery that is used as a seasoning and as a food preservative in organic meat products.

Not 100% carni, but close enough that I’m not gonna sweat it. It’s too expensive to eat often and I have to arm wrestle my 11 year old for it. That’s why I had one slice this morning. She was stuffed so I threw it in with my steak bites for when I decided I was hungry lol

KD you are eating fine :slight_smile: feels good doesn’t it? being able to just eat and enjoy our food in a day without dieting and all the stupid that goes with that word!!!

FB gonna tell you right now. Honey is not and never will be zero carb which is in truth another word for carnivore LOL
Honey is sugar. It is not alive. It is not protein. Honey falls into that Paelo or Caveman type ‘diet plans’. Mushrooms are plant/fungus, I don’t care what you call it but it sure ain’t animal and won’t ever be and this is one thing people love to keep in their menu cause they love them with a steak…eh, everyone dump the damn mushrooms and eat more steak HA

I tell ya right now ALL these expert Drs are ‘changing carnivore’ and that ain’t right at all. A jacked up keto plan is what they are making out of true carnivore so don’t listen to a lot of that crap!!

Processed meats are zero carb. But you have to read ingredient list cause if it is sugar etc as first ingredient even before the meat and other things you got trouble LOL Processed meats should be used sparingly for most cause it can be convienent and tasty and decent for ingredients etc…but in the end it is never real fresh red meat/seafood etc. with its nutrient power for your body.

So we all gotta be smart on processed stuff. If you buy it pre-made, done for ya, from a manufacturer plant with their hand in it, think hard on eating it is what I do.

-----------------Yesterday I ate 1 big chicken breast, 2 thin cut pork chops, 1 medium cheeseburger patty and 6 slices of bacon.

Did well but around 10 at night I got hungry. Of course I didn’t eat cause it would cause me grief thru the night. Woke up this morning to not being hungry :slight_smile: All fine and in line!

Evening hubby ran out and got Mexican for him and kid. She got her plate and after of course I cleaned it up and put up leftovers and I had the big spoon with rice on it…I was ***** this close***** to putting that spoon in my mouth to eat off the 20 grains of rice left on it~! I had it going to my mouth and stopped mid stride and said…NO YOU CAN not lick spoons anymore! Caught me.

This is the stupid stuff I don’t like about me because in the end, that ONE bite of whatever taste of whatever food, even a smidge can flip my brain to…oh why not eat some crap…so yea I am doing fine, being conscience of what goes into my body and holding very well thru Meaty May…as dubbed by my friend E…Let Meaty May rock on!!!

(Not a cow) #49

Yesterday, Saturday, I had a butter and cream coffee, thinking I would pass on breakfast, but before I went out the door, I settled back for a couple of cheeseburgers and two eggs. For lunch it was two more cheeseburgers, with 2 Hot Italian sausages. Dinner was only 1/2 lb of roast beef, with a little horseradish on the side. I was too full for the other 1/2 lb of roast, so I have it saved for tomorrow.

Had to go out to the butcher yesterday to get some liver for breakfast today, but he only had chicken livers. I have substituted them before for my baby beef livers, and they didn’t really taste much different. Just had burgers and eggs this morning, 2 of each, and I’ll save the livers for lunch with some bacon and eggs.

Roast Beef on the menu for this evening and next week is surf and turf week with lots of rib-eyes, some salmon and some shrimp. Mix and match plates of food all week.

Usually my May is reserved for rest, relaxation, golf and beers, but this year with everything cut back my deadlines at work carry on to the end of May instead of ending in April. I like this Zero May, zero golf, zero beers, zero carbs, I’m good with this. :wink:

(Elizabeth ) #50

I think anybody joining in would be excited. I think getting back to the basics of eat meat drink water is perfect for anybody no matter where they are on this journey. In fact some might want to try beef and water only for 30 days no salt no coffee none of that. You can do anything for 30 days right?. But fake foods like carnivore ice cream and bites of this and splashes of that defeat the whole purpose of this month. Save that stuff if you want it for June. Let’s just do meat and water. Put your seasonings and sauces and garnishes away. Suck it up and buckle down. If you still want that crap it’ll be there next month.

Moo your surf and turf coming is so exciting…I tell ya I am a surf and turf gal to the max. That combo is magic for me.

I remember olden days when we would go out to dinner with our parents and hit a ‘fancy’ restaurant and were allowed to get surf and turf, which was pricey of course, but I will always put surf/turf as a memory of fun and decadence in a meal. That ‘fancy usually not for a little kid delish meal allowed not so often’ we got to order out with our parents…omg I always ordered surf and turf and was like…all high falootin’ and fancy and felt so adult :slight_smile: ordering that meal as a kid :slight_smile: Probably one reason I live on it now and enjoy the heck out of it! Good memories with it!

and Moo having ‘this time set aside’ to do your plan for the month is great…it means we walk into a challenge already set up a tad easier so good for you with May actually working out well for ya!!!

That is so true…our food choices we opt to put into our zero carb day will always be there…our health improvement we can gain over a month are so worth tackling that choice!!! And what we gain from a month of super clean eating can truly lead us down a path we never new existed that could be a savior for many of us in gaining massive benefits to our health situations. Clean sound advice here :slight_smile:

(Not a cow) #52

Me too, we have a restaurant nearby called “The Keg” which specializes in steak and seafood. I actually stopped ordering that dish, the surf and turf, when I started paying for my meals myself. What an outrageous price, haha, but I did buy some west coast lobsters back in Nov/Dec and I still have a frozen one left. Not the same as restaurant quality, but good for the memories, I better crack that one open soon, like this week.

Adulthood, them’s were good days!

(Daisy) #53

Today’s eating was bone broth with collagen, a brisket/chuck burger cooked in lard with raw beef suet, then sockeye salmon, kielbasa and pork cracklings

(Not a cow) #54

Hey Daisy, that burger looks awesomely juicy, I think you should offer a tip to the girl with the hockey puck burgers.

I have some frozen raw beef suet in my freezer, it’s been there since I bought it, about 6 months ago. What’s it taste like ? I was thinking I would use it in with any of my leaner cuts, but haven’t gotten the courage to thaw some out, and eat it like you are doing.

Loved the pictures, thanks !

(Daisy) #55

Hi Moo! I put a little butter on a cast iron skillet and get it hot under the broiler. Then I put the burger (this was a frozen burger burger from Kroger-first time trying it) straight from the freezer onto the hot cast iron. I smeared a bit of lard on top with some salt and put it under the broiler till brown on one side, then flipped it. Maybe 4/5 minutes max per side. Perfection!

To me the suet tastes like butter, it’s so delicious. I prefer salting it, and I eat it from the fridge. I’ve tried it frozen and don’t prefer it that way. But it’s so good!!!

Moo, lobster, oh yea, enjoy the baby soon!! Seafood is key for me on this plan. I love it so much and while so many don’t adopt a lot of seafood into their menu, I do. I require it for sure :slight_smile:

------So did great on plan. No nibbles. Held the line to clean!

Gotta do little 30 min. exercise tape and then hit shower and hit the road and grocery store for a few things, in/out fast. Hit the drive thru at the bank and then done…home to relax a bit…relax? Nah, seems like we got a lot of projects happening around here…UGH. But good thing is I got the energy to tackle it all.

Not sure on food today. Woke up super not hungry. Probably will defrost a ribeye for later. Shrimp? or find maybe scallops or crab in the store today? will see

Hope everyone is rocking zero carb!

(Daisy) #57

I, on the other hand, woke up super hungry today so it was a massive eating day! My calories were close to 3000 today! (I don’t normally track, but was curious)

(Daisy) #58

The first meal was hb eggs and butter. 2nd was 2 burgers with tallow and some liver and 3rd was 2 burgers in tallow. All with Redmond and Lite salt

(Not a cow) #59

Nothing special for me today. 4 oz salmon, with 2 eggs and 2 bacon. Came home for a quick lunch of liver, ugh, not really the greatest lunch to have on it’s own, but that’s all I had made up that I wanted to eat.

No lobster tonight, just a lb of roast beef, and a chicken thigh. I’m full though. No energy tonight, just going to lay here and nap while watching TV.

Not sleeping too well lately, but not because of what I eat, it’s just a different time these days with virus news, political news, and I don’t even live in the US, :wink: My city has had less than 60 cases, no deaths and only 5 not resolved. I can’t imagine the mess I would be if I lived in NYC.

Ribeyes will be thawed out tomorrow, and that means surf and turf is up ! haha.

That is great eating KD…and up around 3K on calories for a just track to see, but what I love is that on those kcals one never feels bloated or icky or anything nasty from the food. Imagine 3K on carbs! omg we would be bloating out, sluggy tired and more so I know that is one perk I love from ZC. Eat as needed and thrive doing just that!

I did wonder if that was a bit of liver on that burger in that pic :slight_smile: cool

Moo rock that surf and turf :sunny: yum

I am super happy your virus situation is very low key in your area. Our county is not bad either, like 20 cases with 1 death of a very elderly sick person. We are functioning close to normal around my country rural area but of course some biz are closed as ordered. Nothing we can do about that.

But I do feel that stress on me like you mentioned with just the horror of it all, the scary of what some places are dealing with like in a big city situation. I personally dropped news on any of this stuff mostly. I found the less news I know in general of the misery of it all crammed into a half hour or hour of news isn’t for me anymore mostly. I think so many got some stress in their lives that is effecting them and I get it with the bad sleep and more. I had it also from time to time hearing all the negatives out there. I get it!! Sometimes I have to back off what is going on out there just for self survival and self care thru it all :slight_smile: Hold strong like all of us and ride the storm, we all will get thru!!

--------for me holding plan very well. All going good.
Had to fight boredom eating of cookies and hubby and kid made a cobbler. House smelled SO good but luckily I hate cobbler, wouldn’t touch that if ya paid me so I was super safe there. But then since the smell triggered me, I spied kids cookie stash. A few I would eat cause I like them a little, cause again, I am not a cookie person but I thought, oh a few of these won’t hurt me…LOL…yea any excuse under the sun to eat crap some days…but I didn’t eat them cause I put it in my quality scale…my brain quality scale is my personal ‘is it worth eating this?’ detector I got in my head. I said cookies are not worth eating and ruining my good challenge and staying on the lifestyle I desire. Like if my fav ice cream in the entire world came into this house, then I would have a battle on my hands, but cookies aren’t worth it to me ya know. So I got thru craving night not too bad. I truly hate craving days…and it isn’t anything physical the body needs at all, it is just a mind game of living with carb munchers :wink: Every now and then I just want…cause it is in my face but I get thru it ok most times :slight_smile:

Another day, another challenge and all of us are doing so well! 5 days in and not that long to go on eating very clean zc! Rock on!!

oh oh hubby said he is hitting the 'hardware/general store/smokehouse meat place for some stuff he needs.

I said grab me a smoked brisket if they have one. fingers are crossed tight here LOL I hope I get get my claws into one of those today!!

If I can’t I got a ribeye and tuna marked for eating…but ohhhh everyone give me wishes the brisket comes thru :slight_smile:

AND this is the brisket that I ate one day and the spices nailed me but I am gonna cut off the ‘bark’ (which kills me to no end obviously) and eat the meat less covered in spice and I would think it would be good for me easily. Now I want it even more HAHA