May zero!

I have to say thanks to great people making this May Zero challenge fun and just a pleasure to chat in this thread :slight_smile: You guys are great, not one doubt about that!!!

So frugal me, and I can pinch a penny til it screams bloody murder, always been that frugal, minimalist type personality but hyper A personality combined…so yea weird combo for me but I know it, own it…haha…but I am thinking what is next? In that if my beef prices go insanity what will my pairings be? Maybe 1/2 the steak amt…paired with some seafood…paired with something like fatty sausage or just some pork fat like pork belly etc. Luckily I am one who thrives on all meats but some things are ‘lesser’ to me than beef, but if I do some beef paired well I can cut costs and thrive again as always.

I know one thing, one less bag of friggin’ tater chips or cookies or whatever crap the family eats will be gone for good to buy good meat for me…lol…I ain’t shy, they will drop crap for me to live great. And don’t get me wrong here, they get their crap they want, just will be way less than usual HAHA and I got no problems doing just that. Search sale prices like a maniac but while I am ok on money to handle my eating, again I am frugal gal here so I wanna save at every turn…heehee

Loving May Zero big time. Feel fab and head is better so my personality is zipping up right now…wee…

Costs… Meat and cheese is expensive, eggs are cheap here (well the meat what I am willing to eat is expensive, kind of. not very much but eggs costs way less. chicken in normal shops can be extremely cheap but I don’t touch that). Costs wise I am so fine now…

Alcohol is clearly a toxin but I had some in the last days. My hands are seemingly unable to pour more than 7ml whisky at once if I don’t go for really generous amounts (that would be 12ml) :smiley: I learned these amounts when I drank wine with 20% sugar content on keto for various reasons…
No idea what is worse but I keep my alcohol, this is a tiny amount (even if I repeat my booze-pouring action), my body handles it once a month or something.

June and July never were keto months for me, I am surely better now but I don’t know what will happen. My most massive fruit season arrived with many different kinds of red fruits, my favorites! They are my pride and joy and I don’t even need to eat them for enjoying them, they are pretty and it’s exciting to watch them grow and ripen! So we will see. I obviously will have many carnivore-ish days, I can’t imagine not to.
I stopped needing fruits ages ago (I needed them every day on keto for a long time for some reason. in very tiny amounts). I just still love them unlike almost all vegetables, odd. I eat even grains or honey before vegetables now (except the tiny amounts here and there, I can’t cook a soup without vegetables and stews need them too)! :smiley: And I thought I can live without any food group but vegetables. I still don’t understand what happened.

I start to think I love eggs way too much now… It wouldn’t be a problem if I had some proper meat but fish just can’t win often against eggs. Not even after the 10th egg of the day. I will need some good recipes, I almost never made fish dishes, I almost never even ate fish as a child and the variety isn’t so great here, far from the sea. I only like fatty fish anyway. But I have some ideas.

(Not a cow) #184

haha, whoops, actually spicy burger from a salty butcher :wink:

(Daisy) #185

Today was a high stress day at work and with the kids. I ate a half pound of tenderloin filets for breakfast and the other half for dinner (both with added fats) but with the stress, 2 hours later I felt so hungry! I cooked a big ribeye and figured I’d eat half and save the rest for tomorrow… nope, ate every bite! I’ve not been sleeping well at all with the bites, burns and rashes, so sadly have been dependent on Tylenol pm to get any sleep the last few nights. But I’ve discovered that Tylenol pm makes me a grumposorous rex the next day. So take every night with Tylenol pm and you get every day grumpy daisy. It’s not been pleasant. I’ve not been pleasant. So tonight I will probably get zero sleep but I refuse to take Tylenol pm tonight! Zero carb zen apparently is canceled out by Tylenol pm lol. Anyway, here’s the pics. I circled all the bites on just that side of my back/arm. There are several more. Which is interesting because I wasn’t getting bitten as much for awhile!

ohhh I feel for you cause I took that stuff only 1 time in my life. I woke up the next day in a total head fog, felt very strange, couldn’t function for a while and thought, this stuff is total BS and crap. I don’t know what is in that PM stuff but I sure can’t handle it.

You are getting it rough right now KD!!

Loving your food pics, that ribeye caught my eye for sure. It is great you eat well when you know you need to eat.

we are so close guys to having a great May Zero month!!

We all deserve that pat on our backs for a job well done.

I was hungry yesterday. I noshed thru it.

about 6 or so ounce beef tenderloin steak
6 link sausage
5 slices salami
2 thin cut pork chops
1/3 lb. burger patty
can of sardines
2 beef sticks

I need to start my day later with a 1 lb. ribeye steak like normal or eat a few more tenderloins in one shot. I notice when I got smaller in my meat cut amount I start to end up just needing food on some days but not that much food, so I still eat a bit smaller and then need more food and end up with a day like above. I don’t like my day to be like the above…lol.

keep rocking guys…we got this!!

(Daisy) #188

Those beef tenderloins are delicious and filling but don’t seem to last long! That was my problem yesterday lol

yea yea I so agree KD…they are the bomb to eat but their lower internal fat content they carry vs. a ribeye are not as holding just like you said!!!

I do my best point blank…and I know this thru years of this…eat a 1 lb. ribeye steak as my first meal and I function so much better. I eat a second time after but am happy eating it later in my normal food for me…I am finding this pattern so true to hold and super important now for me…wiithout wanting and wanting and feeling like I got less.

I so hear you on that.

Key for all of us is KNOW US and what we need. Couldn’t agree more on your post!!!

(Daisy) #190

Today was about 3/4 lb of ground beef and a giant sirloin (about a lb). Added a little beef suet after each, as both were very lean. The picture of the ground beef is actually what was left from the lb, as hubby had my phone while I was eating lol

It’s our last day. Lets eat wonderful. Hold plan tight. Enjoy life full of pizz and vinegar and rock out our zc way of life :slight_smile:

For me it was a loss of 2 lbs. which is holding.
I absolutely feel my pants are looser. Not a doubt about that.
I see more leaner definition especially stomach area so that is always a good thing.
I feel wonderful.
I have no problem being a meat and seafood only eater, heck years of doing just that have shown me this lifestyle suits me very well.
My bad habit of licking the spoon when feeding the family is slowly disappearing. Oh yea many times I went to lick the spoon and stopped before I did…making progress LOL Never thought would be a tough habit to handle. I always licked the spoons before throwing them into the sink for washing HAHA

So today I got a big ribeye steak for my start.
then I got burger and chicken and shrimp to make something later when wanted.

I feel a JUNE ZERO JUBILEE coming on for me HAHA June Zero and hold plans tight and just enjoy our plans as nature intended for us :slight_smile:

Can’t wait to hear how ya’ll enjoyed May Zero and what updates ya got if any :sunny:

(Daisy) #192

So I’m back up the 2 lbs plus 1 :woman_shrugging:
Makes no sense to me. My measurements also really haven’t changed. But I’m wearing a dress for (yay, my church is having service today!!!) the first time in months and I would normally have to wear something under it (spanx like things). I don’t feel that I need anything under it to suck in my stomach. It’s weird, no weight loss, no inches lost, but my clothes fit better. I am going to make one tweak and lower my external fat intake. I’m just going to eat the fat on the meat. I’ve hesitated to do this because I’m so terrified of losing my hair more (it’s 1/3 of the thickness it was in my 20’s). And the last 2 days I’ve already been having a large amount of hair shedding. But I’m going to give it a try.
Today’s eating will be a 16 Oz ribeye from Texas Roadhouse. That’s right, not only are we going to church for the first time in months, but we’re going to a restaurant too! I just have to remember to ask for it with salt only. I rarely remember, then get sick lol

I know. The beauty of a true lean/mean zero carb machine. Your body is doing just what it needs to do. It like ‘shores up everything’ on us to leaner and meaner and does it so subtle it is like what the heck is going on LOL I love it tho :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Don’t worry on that scale one bit at all. Scale means nothing, your no spanx means the world!!

I did that to KD where I cut back fat a bit and it made a difference to how I do feel and eat. I can overdo fat. I found if I cut back a tiny bit it was fine for me, but not too much ya know. You will find your nice little perfect sweet spot on eating. We just bob and weave thru what suits us each day. I have some days I wake up and want chicken cause I want less fatty meat. Not a lot, but some days. So just follow how your hunger takes you and your meat/fat ratio will pan out as it needs to do for you.

Enjoy your church and fellowship!! And surely enjoy that big old steak from the Roadhouse but definitely ask for no seasoning. I hear ya on that, what do these restaurants put on our meats? ugh…sometimes it is just nasty. You have a great day going down, have fun!

(Not a cow) #194

Finishing up to day, with a breakfast of 2 slices of thick bacon; 2 eggs and 4 ounces of beef liver. Lunch is a smaller 6ounce ribeye leftover, while dinner is a 16 oz filet of salmon and shrimp if needed. This is a great variety for me as I tend to be mostly burger and ribeye with some chicken wings as my usual side (when I even bother with a side) Burgers and wings usually always available for me in a pinch.

The biggest benefit for me in the 30 days has been in a reduction of my cravings for sweets. Limiting my choices to meat only, does wonders for pushing dreams of sugar plums dancing…wtf is a sugar plumb anyway…well they stopped dancing anyway in my head. :wink:

I was able to eliminate cheese for the whole week and I couldn’t care less if it comes back into my life. Looking for weight loss in the next few months although I did lose 5 lbs it was probably all water weight as I had gone out of ketosis prior to starting

So @Fangs. If u were 50-100 lbs heavier and wanted to lose weight faster than u are now, how would u tweak your carnivore woe, to try to accomplish that ?

I thought I’d figured it out, because in my mind, I was eating way too much for someone who needs to lose weight, so I dropped one burger from my diet instead of 3 I usually had, and the cheese and brought my calories down to around 2300 to 2500 or so, instead of the usual 2600 -3000 calories.

I still ate to satiety but I paid closer attention to satiety signals trying to determine how little food I could eat. ( 2500 is still not really a little). I lost 2 lbs quite quickly in 2 days, but then got hungry and pigged out, so those two pounds came back on. I keep reading that Carnivore is not a weight loss diet, but i enjoy it, so I want to make my carny method something that will work for me. The elimination of cheese and BP coffees will help, and I can do the reduced calorie thing to a point, but eating fat as in the PKD protocol just doesn’t appeal to me at all.

Need some ideas carnivores!

(Not a cow) #195

Ya the weight thing bugs me too. They say to eat more to lose, Wow! :bomb:, :fireworks:now try to make some sense out of that, but they say it works.

Whenever I have a ribeye I try to eat all the fat, more at the end of the meal, but I don’t think it’s cooking properly in the air fryer. Some of it tastes crappy, some of it is delicious, so I eat what I can. I didn’t know about the losing hair thing, but I just did a brush cut on my remaining locks, haha, locks, I should have said on my remaining follicles, so no problem for me. It sucks for you though, I can feel your anxiety on that front, if I had hair to worry about I’d be feeling the same.

Texas Roadhouse sounds wonderful, unfortunately none of our restaurants are open for a sit down so choices here are homecooked or nada !

IDK what a weight-loss diet is, to me anything that results in weight-loss and it even has to do something with it… To me, it’s carnivore and that’s it. I’ve been trying to lose fat since a decade and I see no chance for it without carnivore at all at this point. I tried everything I was willing to.
But it’s only about calories to me (not like I can control them except through controlling what I eat). My fat-loss, I mean, of course it matters how I eat and I appreciate other benefits even more than fat-loss.

Not everyone needs tweaking. But not everyone can lose fat quickly, I think.

Carnivore is wonderful to me regarding satiation - if I eat a significant amount of meat, at least. (If the meat is too little, the magic can’t happen, sadly and my discipline wavers…) I don’t even think about my signals. I eat when I am hungry, it’s quite automatic to me and stop when something (Perfect Satiation, I love that) makes me stop. I only need to wonder about satiation if I don’t have meat or very little or when I start to eat carbs. It’s very automatic on carnivore and I end up eating less than usual, just what I need. But still enough.
If I wanted to add calories, I would add not satiating items. Fatty meat is top satiating, egg is okay, cream and added fat is very bad at it. I have a wide enough range this way.
I experimented with things a lot in the last decade. Too low calorie never worked, just what you wrote, it worked for days (I felt okay and satiated) then big hunger and higher calorie days, I had the same. But it was on OMAD and without any meat. Meat works better. I have these things, certain items are way more effective. I can eat 3000 kcal carby food and I am hungrier than after 1500 kcal with fatty meat and no plants… And I could do this for many days in row. I simply massively overate on high-carb, all the time. I lost fat on low-carb but it stopped. I stall forever on simple keto now. But fatty meat… That should work. I even have 1500 kcal days just without plants but it needs some control and I don’t have that so I fall off the wagon. With lots of meat, I don’t need to do anything else, I chill and eat and things go well. As far as I can tell based on my tiny experience.
Even less experience about that but it seems fat percentage doesn’t matter as long as my fat is fat tissue or it’s in my protein sources. I tried 80% fat, it works like my usual 65. But the latter is more comfortable to me (all my typical food is like that) so I keep 80+% fat for my future when I will need more energy, no calorie deficit so I can afford delicious but not satiating lard or cream galore… Those will be the nice days. I love fat and it’s a tad uncomfortable to minimize it (and everything else. I basically try to eat as little carbs, protein and fat as I can in the last decade as it’s the right attitude in my case. it’s often still too much but carnivore helped tremendously. well, on carnivore I changed it to eating as much as possible for a while… but now that I am used to it, the two are quite close. as little as possible and as much as possible. they get farther from each other as I add carbs. I always could eat a ton when already satiated, carbs are frightening).

Having less meals are useful sometimes if eating less or being more satiated is our goal. I often need more meals on carnivore as my meals got smaller but it matters how hungry I am… But I never had any luck with tweaks. I need a good woe where I effortlessly eat properly and lose fat, without thinking much about such things. I put so much thoughts and efforts into my zero loss in the last several years before I started to flirt with carnivore… They surely would have been helpful for the disciplined ones though.

(Not a cow) #197

I agree, very nicely put. I’m not quite as automatic as you, as I still tend to overeat, a little on purpose because it taste so good, but also because my signals don’t signal like yours sound like they do.

On weight loss I’m at the same stage as I was on Keto, a bit of a stall and trying to start something else. Trouble is that when I stall, even though I am eating pure, I get frustrated, and sometimes end up sabotaging myself by overeating tasty carbs. This is why I like carnivore, I can just eat more meat to satisfy cravings, while on keto I had to eat more fat as proteins were somewhat limited by macro.

I am keeping about 65% fat 35% protein by eating ribeye, 80/20 ground beef, eggs, chicken wings, and sometimes roasts. It works out to 50%/50% grams between fat and protein. I don’t add any specific fat to bring those ratios into line. I also do OMAD through the week and Friday to Sunday works out to about 2-3 meals per day whenever I’m hungry.

Yes that’s exactly what I’m looking for too. :wink: Wouldn’t it be nice if someone came up with that for us?

Moo I sent you a private message. I got some answers for you to read and see what ya think.

See Moo when we start ZC a lot of us lose some lbs. if we are coming from a worse diet…but those of us coming from very low carb/keto/controlled plan like caveman, or paleo etc. have lost some lbs. or are eating very low carbs already and watching our food………so we all come into carnivore at different levels. Key on carnivore for a new person is eating. We must eat well to get thru detox/adaption time, we eat well to satisfy hunger and not feel deprived we gave up everything else, we eat well to heal our bodies cause they need nutrition of protein/fat and are begging for it to help heal/repair our bodies internally…so we eat and that can make weight loss very slow as we start.

So it gets annoying…and some can gain LOL but while I say LOL on that, many who gain then lose it and lose more and get that nice lean mean hit final goals and lose lbs. and are happy. BUT IT takes time for all this to happen. This ain’t a starve your butt down the scale menu at all. This is heal the body with our hormones, detox from the toxins and eat to thrive and we move more than and finally our appetite DOES lessen for most of us easily as we stay longer on plan. Like I know I have been eating less over the years cause I know how big I ate before :slight_smile: but it is a slow drop in food. For me even with slow lbs gone now this lifestyle boosts me up so much in every other way I can’t put my life down to a scale anymore ya know. But I lost my 50 lbs I wanted gone since I been doing this for a while and I have my final last 20 vanity lbs I want gone. Hey got some of those gone in May :slight_smile:

I can’t do PKD either. Too tough for me. I need regular old zc for this to work for me without too much hardcore tough times in my day to day eating.

It is good to chat it out for sure. Chat out why and how and where we are going :slight_smile:

and believe me, longer on carnivore and holding it tight, SO MUCH more better comes…it truly does!!

(Not a cow) #199

That’s good to know that you lost those pounds on carnivore. That is a good incentive for me, if i assumed correctly that is ? I guess, slow and steady is the train of thought I need to get into for carnivore to work the way I would like it to. I did gain about 3 lbs the first week and then dropped them quickly along with another 5 in May, so it’s going in the right direction now at least.

I’ll be in for the June 0 under the May 0 thread or wherever it ends up.

Gonna be a dirty zero summer , though :grinning:

(Daisy) #200

I had the same issue with ribeye in the air fryer. It just never tasted quite right and the fat tasted terrible. Now I fix it under the broiler. GAME. CHANGER!!! It’s phenomenal every time!!

I tend to overeat myself, it’s not so bad on normal keto but losing fat… That’s special.

I already found my solution, I just need meat to realize it…
After months, the farm where I get my fresh meat still don’t have the usual stuff but there will be young goats and we thought it tempting and worth the higher price (and anyway, I need meat already) so I’ve just ordered half of a tender young goat :smiley:
Hip, hip, hurrah! Seriously, I barely had meat in a few months, I always had some but it was never much. And it’s not like I can go back to eating plants galore…

Plain (and in my case, mostly vegetarian as if I have meat, I don’t do it) keto or carni, I have the same approach towards protein. It’s fine to be high (as if I can avoid that) but very very unnecessarily high too often just can’t be good. For me. Others may do whatever they deem right, of course. But it’s not really important what my fat and protein macros do, I don’t have targets or limits for them. As long as I don’t eat too much food, I am fine. And on carnivore I simply can’t overeat, it seems. It’s such a big relief after decades of probably very serious overeating. It seems I barely eat compared to those times… I can’t even overeat on carnivore for a single day unlike on keto. Even if I start to eat early and have 3-4 meals, it just can’t happen. It’s something very new!