May the Meat Force be with you! - 31 day Zero Carb Carnivore Cruise

(Karen) #221

@carnivoor2 Hi Vic you have been on my mind quite a few times wondering if you were okay. Phew, sounds like you are… looking forward to seeing your foody pics again :smiley:

@jj I was thinking wow I need to get more moisturiser on me rat race hahahah daughter looks lovely xx

@Septimius I think a lot of stuff gets lost in translation and we can’t always ‘hear’ in what manner something is being said.
I don’t think we’ve had our summer in one day yet lol the weather guru on ‘This Morning’ said we are in for a rainy June, for my birthday :roll_eyes: and a hot July for my daughters :smiley:

@Fangs I will definitely be keeping an eye on those dastardly gnomes… apparently my neighbour inherited from my previous neighbour !

Crappy nights sleep again last night and I ended up taking a couple of herbal sleepers at 3.30am. Up at 8am and at my daughters just before 9am to help her with her yard sale. It was a monthly thing the village do and we sat out from 10 till 2 which was very relaxing. The forecasted rain didn’t arrive which was a blessing for us sitting outside but nit for my plants :roll_eyes: I refrained from wandering around the houses to rummage and then when I realised I had forgotten to get something out of the freezer went shopping with my daughter when we cleared away. Went to company shop, which is always a bad idea and spent more than I was going to. S9 the once a month meat trip ended up 2 this month… so far :roll_eyes: picked up steaks and broke my cheese rule but I did manage about 8 weeks without i think. I would not have crumbled if all they had was the Lancashire crumbly cheese but there was some Lancashire strong and sharp and some triple cream soft cheese and I aged cos I was hungry… my mouth started to drool :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Brunch about 1140 and my daughters was a tin of tuna with a touch of mayo and when u got home I got stuck into a small bit of the Lancashire cheese and also some of the soft (blimey you can taste the triple cream in it) I have put sausages in the oven so just waiting for those to cook.

I was looking at the carbs in the sausages and you would think the plain traditional pork chops would be the lowest and those with stuff in would be high carbs. Well 8 am glad I checked … 12.4g in the plain pork … some of the other flavoured sausages were 14g but the pork, red leicester cheese and jalapeños were 4g !!! Whats that all about. I will probably regret buying and cooking up the latter as they may well bloat me, we will soon find out lol. I hate not being prepared with defrosted food to eat grrrrr. Which reminds me …

I think, hands up, I have a lot of anxiety when I read about people being hungry - and perhaps it’s not meant in the way I read it. We all carry scars from previous ways of eating, and I think that one is mine. I can only blame too many years wasted being hungry and feeling cold and weak, and all so a CEO of a big food corporation could make a profit (not that I’m irritated about it :joy:).

That’s very surprising with the sausages! Do you think it could be a typo and it was also meant to be 14? It’s weird to me that supermarkets often have 90% or 95% or 97% pork sausages, but I tend to only find lower values at butchers. The one that really surprised me was plain pork being 55% but old English (???) being 75%.

(Karen) #223

It was a different brand to the other ones and I hope it isn’t a typo cos I ate all 6! :astonished:

As long as you enjoyed them :joy:

(Judy Thompson) #225

@Fangs glad you enjoyed String Attack and Viva La Vida! Yeah that’s me on 1st violin and hubby on bass.
Yes dd’s adorable, such a strong young woman she is, got herself out of a wheelchair after 5 years (was told it was for life) this year, and 2 years ago lost 200 lbs after stomach surgery. She’s completely reinvented herself.
@FrankoBear I love what you said about @Shinita and Hungary. That acceptance and understanding is phenomenal. I’ll read the site you posted. Also, glad you’re okay after bashing a roo. I assume the roo didn’t make it? And your car didn’t make it? What a day!
@Shinita hope you had a good zoo day. How was Alvaro’s kookaburra?
@Karen18 sorry your sleep’s still suffering especially considering how active you are! One thing for me though is that even when my sleep is compromised since starting carnivore, I’m pretty good during the day and tend to crash early and hard the following night! It’s having that reserve energy without the carb and plant-toxin crash.
Our 1st hot day here in VA, only about 80° though, cause Texas has a record heat wave and we’re spoiled rotten by this mild spring weather in VA! We will be shocked by the change when we get there next week!
Glad I’ve lost some weight to tolerate it better.
I love the cleansing and elimination aspects of this woe. I’ve been going through Dr Chaffee’s podcasts. I love the science of it. When people find out I do this I tell them nearly all the famous carnivores are medical doctors, it’s not just some off the wall trend. So finding that salmon and mushrooms are bad for me is just another victory - I’m one more step closer to knowing myself and what I need to keep getting better for another 30 years.

We’re going to dd & bf’s for prime rib tonight so I sous vided a couple thick pork chops this morning and split one of them between us. It was plenty for me. The other for tomorrow along with the last of that tenderloin.

I had a similar sausage experience in 2019.

(Judy Thompson) #227

We’re home from dinner with my daughter and her bf- great ribeyes Dan had sous vided and was searing as we came in. To my plate my daughter added some Irish cheese and salami to make a pretty plate.

I got a pic of the 2 of us, just so you know there’s a difference! :joy:

I’m the one on the right… I think :thinking:
:grin:

(Robin) #228

Love love love! Now we see where DD gets her hood genes!

(Judy Thompson) #229

Thank you Robin!

(Linda ) #230

Yes I love dr chaffees take on carnivore

@JJFiddle
Fab pic of you and your daughter and yes I recognize you now from your time on video with String Attack :slight_smile: You 2 have great smiles.

and super wow on all your dd has been thru and how she reinvented herself. that takes big courage and forward movement and desire to live life to the fullest and sounds like she grabbed life by the horns and had her way with it in good fashion!!! Such a great success!

--------------so zc goinig easily and ok. chillin’ thru May.
nailed my stupid sciatic nerve again. working on pool, moving fast I stopped, turned, kinda tripped on a brick paver at the pool and kinda did a weirdo twiest action thing and about 1/2 hr later I was limping all around in crooked form again. Woke up this morning ‘not too bad’ so gonna watch me today a bit cause this is recovering slowly but then I go and do a stupid little thing to it and bammo, here it is again. One of those PIA things til it gets healed and I am in good shape again but it never goes fast on the darn healing to get in good shape again sometimes…but eh, will live as usual thru bs stuff like this.

my pork chops yesterday were delish. then I had some cheeseburger patties and then I jumped on a few beef sticks.

my beef sticks are not the same. they are smaller in size and ‘the taste’ is somehow different. hmmm, what did they do to them I wonder? oh well, I don’t rely on them as much anymore so I think I will kinda stop buying since I don’t really need them ya know. When hungry eat something else…hey that works HAHA

got steaks defrosted for today but not sure on second meal when wanted. right now nothing is calling at me which is a good thing.

May is rockin’ thru and it reads that we are all doing carnivore in full force and seem to be in good places in our eating! Cool

(Robin) #232

And of course I meant GOOD genes, not hood genes. But leaving the typo. makes you sound very gangsta… and you always use some street cred.

(Judy Thompson) #233

Haha love that. Street cred. Hood genes, haha!!

Great photo, JJ.

Good to be cautious, Fangs - nothing worse than when you jar yourself all of a sudden. I hate it when you sort of stub against a paving slab that’s peeking out a bit; a real jolt to the system.

My hunger signals are all out of order at the moment. It’s really odd to go from eating at consistent meal times to not at all, but I know it’s my brain that’s watching the clock and not my stomach. Onwards and upwards and all that.

Well that makes sense. Come to think of it, I like my steak and lamb cuts medium rare as well, and i love smojked salmon and other smoked products.

I just think cooking to some degree can enhance flavour and textures. For example, slow cooked pork shoulder, roast chicken etc.

But I have to admit, for steak or lamb, it probably wouldn’t be much of a jump for me to go to bloody rare or blue. I couldn’t see myself ever eating raw chicken, mince/ground meat or pork though…I would think, either correctly or incorectly that these would carry too much potential risk of food poisoning?

(Judy Thompson) #236

Have y’all read Aajonus Vanderplanitz? All raw meat, he claimed would cure anything. He was not carnivore though. I read one of his books.

(Karen) #237

Not a whole lot of difference, just as well you said which one you are :smile: still very youthful :heart:

(Karen) #238

I got a long bit of sleep, middle of night to early morning! I was still surprised at all the red bits and it said I had had over 9 hours … i’ll take that :wink: started stair running as I thought I may go to CrossFit (hadn’t booked but there were spaces) but after 4 stair runs and feeling a bit dizzy and just not quite right, I decided to stop and get in the bath and have a hair wash.

Sat and watched my morning programme and then had brunch which was a manx kipper. The photo is the smaller one I cooked with it and is cold. I forgot to take pic when I had cooked them.

9n Saturday when I went over to Derby Morrisons where I picked up some trailing plants and some sweet peas and fuscias I saw a few bigger acer trees and one which was bowing over a bit. Anyway I didn’t buy but over the weekend thought that bowing one would look really lovely in the big planter by the shed, bowing over the little trashbin lid pond so I went back to Derby today and thought if it is still there it is meant to be, cos they were a little pricey but still cheaper than G/C . It was still there and got squished into my baby car and off to its new home it went! :smiley:

So of course nothing is straight forward, I needed soil to fill the planter :roll_eyes: off I pops to the G/C and bought 6 x 35ltr bags and hummed that home :fearful: heavy sweaty job humping that about!

So I put all that soil in the planter and it doesn’t even get it to the level where the bottom of the roots will be! So I added 3 x half bags that I had leftover from all other planting (not same type but close eniugh) and I still had to go the the local shop to buy some more !!! Got to Long Eaton (about 1m) and realised I had left purse on kitchen table so off home to get purse and back to LE. Oh Lordy anyway finally got the acer in then fixed the stake to the planter so it would go anywhere in any high winds and voila. So happy yay! 20220516_183133

So a tidy up out there and in to cook up a steak for dinner. Got distracted and nearly ruined it but it was okay really. The thicker bits were rare and the thinner part was med rare so it tasted OK.

Horrible long day at work tomorrow. 12.75hrs argggh
Not to worry at least I will get a few hours out of that in peace and quiet, before the office staff arrive and after they leave and an hour through lunch as I will work straight through. Definitely don’t want to be there till 10pm, should be away by 6.45pm if I get to work for 6am.
Catch up with you all tomorrow evening maybe x

(Judy Thompson) #239

LOL! Thanks :blush:

OMG Karen, what an awful day you have tomorrow. Glad you got that neat looking tree and planted, it looks so wonderful there, and will give you nice thoughts to get you through the day tomorrow.
You’re so driven with your exercise, I’m relieved to see that when you feel bad or dizzy you can abort the mission for the day and relax in the bath!

(Linda ) #240

Wow your garden has really come together…you must be so pleased you went forward with it cos it’s something that is giving you so much pleasure and ability to relax as well…
Good for you stepping back from exercise when your body is telling you too…but you sure making up for it with your soil runs lol…