May 2020 IF/EF Chat Thread (All Welcome)

(Jane) #81

Starting a 36-hr fast tonight after dinner. Guess I’ll start my fast on this thread and end it on the June thread :smiley:

Today is as low carb as we can do in order to ensure low glycogen stores when we start our short fast for autophagy. And 3 meals.

Crustless quiche for breakfast, brats for lunch and bunless burgers for dinner.

(KCKO, KCFO) #82

Janie, I need a 36 hr. fast too.

I’ll join you both with a fast starting tonight after I eat supper. I will aim for 36 hours, more if I’m not hungry. Won’t go more than 44 hours, most likely. Nice to have company. :grinning:

(Bob M) #84

My wife and I are also trying for 36 hours, since last night (Sunday, 5/31), until Tuesday (6/2) sometime. I plan on exercising Tuesday morning, so I won’t last too long into the day before eating.

Would like to go a longer-term fast, but am concerned about the effects on the immune system, particularly since I live in one of the hardest hit areas of the country for covid (have had about 1,300 deaths in my county).

(Jane) #85

Yay - lots of company for my 36-hour fast. Hope everyone is doing well so far. Had some mild hunger pangs this morning that went away with a little pink salt.

(Bob M) #86

Well, let’s see what happens. :wink: This was easier when our kids had extra-curricular activities, as often they didn’t get home until 7:30pm+, sometimes 8:30pm. It’s easier to fast because if you make it until then, you’re golden.

If, by contrast, you have to sit with them while they have dinner, it’s tougher. And, while being “home schooled”, they can drive my wife crazy. My wife…who makes 3 meals per day for them. Tough to fast when you’re seen food all day long.

(Jane) #87

:+1: