May 2020 IF/EF Chat Thread (All Welcome)

(Tamela Robinette) #68

You are rocking your fast! Incredible! I am up early, just couldn’t sleep. I’m currently at 16 hours. Going to have a cup of coffee and then workout. I have a lot of work to do today before I clock out for my vacation. The good news is they’re replacing the chillers in my building at work so I get to work from home today. Happy fasting! You’re almost there!

(Bacon for the Win) #69

have a great time on your vacation!

home from work, going to bed so I can get up and eat at 2!! Yippee!!

(Bacon for the Win) #70

made it! White knuckling a bit over the last 12 hours, but here we are.

(Tamela Robinette) #71

Congratulations!!! That’s amazing!!!

(Susan) #72

Congratulations to all of you --I had a goal of 100 hours this time for the Zornfast but I only made it to 76 this time --stress levels are very high, so I am happy enough with that for this time.

Susan, I think you did really, really well to fast that long! Great job!

I’m back this morning to put in print that I am planning on fasting again today. Nothing amazing, like some of you accomplish, but not eating again until tomorrow afternoon or evening.

I plan on around 44 - 48 hours. I was finished eating last night (Saturday the 23rd) by 7:30 pm.

Curious, do any of you exercise while fasting? A few days ago when I had a 44 hour fast I did my usual 4 mile walk in the afternoon and felt cold most of the day. It was cool and rainy here, but I wondered if it was because of my walk. I still have plenty of fat to lose. I thought feeling cold while fasting was bad, but when it’s only a day or so, is it OK? I hope these short fasts will help increase my metabolism.

I’ve read SO much over the year and a half I’ve been Keto that I’ve forgotten some of it. Also, some say one thing, others the opposite. I suppose it’s individual, based on our own bodies.

(Susan) #75

Thank you, @GreeneggsNham --I was disappointed I didn’t get to my 100 hour goal like last month; but I hopefully will next month =).

I try to do my 45 minute T-Tapp video daily --whether fasting or not, but I have been missing some days.

I wish you great success in your Fasting goal =).

Thank you Susan! I am, frankly, awed at how long you can fast. :smiley:

Hi guys, I messed up even my very natural normal IF and it’s no good. I know the reasons and I think I can do it with a tiny extra effort.
I even skipped ZornFast, my SO was at home and it made my days like weekend days and fasting is harder then for some reason…
But it’s over now. Back to TMAD and possibly OMAD on some days but it usually clashes with carnivore. Or at least a shorter eating window, no matter what I do inside it. I can get used to it again, I never force anything, it’s so odd I could stray away from the path that worked for me… Quite far, at that.
I see no chance for longer fasts in my near future but that’s fine.

I guess I’m going to have to mentally gear up for a lengthy fast. I’ve been doing 16:8, and 18:6. The timing has just been off during the past weeks or so for a longer fast. Work is one thing, but having days off and gardening in 87F high humidity weather…quite another. I’m working a couple early shifts, and a late one, then three days off. Perhaps now is a good a time as any to start. I can easily endure a shift, come home and crash, do another shift, crash, etc. So, taking it one day at a time, here we go.

Looks like I’m around 21-22 hours now. Going to go a full 24 and see how I feel. Currently feeling kinda woozy…so going to chuck some salt in water and drink.

I’ve had trouble sleeping for a week or so. With warm weather beginning here, mosquitos, blackflies, no-see-ums, deer flies, etc… are all out in herds. I have no blood left for the bloodbank after this last weekend. So, all night long, itching, scratching, a bit of cussing…not peaceful. I had to take Benadryl last night - there as no way around it with all the bites I have.

So…I will post when I have reached another milestone.

Made it over 24 hours. Ate some beef. Going for another round, starting at 6pm tonight.

(Jane) #81

Starting a 36-hr fast tonight after dinner. Guess I’ll start my fast on this thread and end it on the June thread :smiley:

Today is as low carb as we can do in order to ensure low glycogen stores when we start our short fast for autophagy. And 3 meals.

Crustless quiche for breakfast, brats for lunch and bunless burgers for dinner.

(KCKO, KCFO) #82

Janie, I need a 36 hr. fast too.

I’ll join you both with a fast starting tonight after I eat supper. I will aim for 36 hours, more if I’m not hungry. Won’t go more than 44 hours, most likely. Nice to have company. :grinning:

(Bob M) #84

My wife and I are also trying for 36 hours, since last night (Sunday, 5/31), until Tuesday (6/2) sometime. I plan on exercising Tuesday morning, so I won’t last too long into the day before eating.

Would like to go a longer-term fast, but am concerned about the effects on the immune system, particularly since I live in one of the hardest hit areas of the country for covid (have had about 1,300 deaths in my county).

(Jane) #85

Yay - lots of company for my 36-hour fast. Hope everyone is doing well so far. Had some mild hunger pangs this morning that went away with a little pink salt.

(Bob M) #86

Well, let’s see what happens. :wink: This was easier when our kids had extra-curricular activities, as often they didn’t get home until 7:30pm+, sometimes 8:30pm. It’s easier to fast because if you make it until then, you’re golden.

If, by contrast, you have to sit with them while they have dinner, it’s tougher. And, while being “home schooled”, they can drive my wife crazy. My wife…who makes 3 meals per day for them. Tough to fast when you’re seen food all day long.

(Jane) #87

:+1: