May 2018 IF/EF chat - all welcome

(Doug) #582

:slightly_smiling_face: Right on, Dawn - good for you both. Glad to see that neither of you is taking this stuff too lightly.

(Candy Lind) #583

You have got a bead on your “N=1!” :+1:

(Allie) #584

This evenings numbers.

I’m starting to not feel so good… so I’m going to do an hour of yoga then see how I feel. I’ve hit the five days that I was hoping for so not the end of the world if I break fast tonight, although I do prefer not to break fasts in the evenings, but I have a rather busy day tomorrow so could be my better option.

(Allie) #585

OK I’m going to break fast tonight. Tried to do yoga but suddenly felt really sick, bad enough to run into the bathroom, so eating a few almonds to wake my digestion up and then will eat a proper meal.

(Candy Lind) #586

Hope almonds work well for you. I can’t do nuts without an uproar.

(Allie) #587

I have them every time and they work for me

Avocado seems to work well for me, not tried the nuts… Did a 48hr fast as planned. Overall ben a good week, but have now eaten a lot tonight! Relax over the weekend, then back into it Monday.
@Goal179Dawn- I’m the same, gone from the top half & stomach, arms look quite muscly even though I haven’t worked out! We have a standing joke in the family about ‘empty envelopes’- losing weight from the boob dept.; my mum lost a lot of weight for a spell, was a bit merry & drunk one night, & started on about how hers were now like empty envelopes! Mmm, hubby has been joking about that, he’s oblivious to withering looks!

(KCKO, KCFO) #589

It was a complement. I had a similar experience, my husband just pointed out that none of my underwear was staying up and it was time to go shopping for some that fit my new body.

Not at all sure about the science but I love how keto & fasting has chosen to remove fat stores from my body as well. I lost the normal legs and butt stuff but the boobs are a much more manageable size now, and my stomach hasn’t been this flat since my teen years. I think we should just thank the keto/fasting gods and accept this and be darned happy about it all.

You are doing well, keep on keeping on.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #590

Happy Monday all. I started my EF last night after dinner. Striving for at least 48 hrs but may go longer. No big stressors anticipated at work this week and work distractions will help me not think about my health.

I’m committing to a 20 min meditation each fast day and getting back to reading for pleasure.

(Allie) #591

Fasting today, I’m working on making it a regular Monday thing (maybe Friday too…).

(hottie turned hag) #592

Guys you’re in the May 2018, not 2019 thread :slightly_smiling_face:
Hop over to the current one!
Am about to post there myself; seeing this one threw me off lol

(Allie) #593

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I didn’t look, just followed up @daddyoh when it showed as an updated topic :grinning:

(hottie turned hag) #594

LOL come over to 2019 and give me some hate. Failed again!! :zipper_mouth_face:

MAY 2019 IF/EF Chat ALL WELCOME