MAY 2019 IF/EF Chat ALL WELCOME

(hottie turned hag) #249

:stuck_out_tongue:
Ha I just had 3 pickles :cucumber: for this very reason
as to your mention of “that stuff” :bone: erm…I’d rather be tied to a chair with headphones on playing K-pop :grimacing: than get within an arm’s reach of that concoction

#thingsthatmakemeshudder

@BlueViolet try something with some fat in it like sour cream, butter or even a couple of olives. I tried pickles, too, but despite them being strictly zero sugar and carbs, I think they (and the pickle juice) actually made things worse for me. Weird, I know. But since I stopped that, it’s gotten better.

(hottie turned hag) #251

@ZuleikaD lmaooo your post was largely redacted :rofl:
Please rephrase with code words

ETA: never mind, I realized the words are visible when clicked upon
#duh

I know. I almost just blurred the whole thing. :rofl:

(hottie turned hag) #253

Erm…this is getting beyond embarrassing into shameful :zipper_mouth_face:

If I hadn’t read many similar tales on here I wouldn’t be brave enough to state that yet again I failed and ate at the 24h mark. In the nigh on two years (Aug shall be) I’ve been doing this I HAVE NEVER HAD THIS PROBLEM until now.

Has to be something biochem in nature, i.e. I must “need” to not go longer than 24h, but why the heck! I am p small yeah but do have flab aplenty to use for stores; I’m hardly skeletal :skull:

So again, I’m going to try to go the 48h. I keep caving to the hunger…which when I first went “carnivore” (always put in quotes to avoid a terminology fight) my appetite DECREASED. I posted about that…all excited and s**t.

Now, after what…2 mos? on “carnivore” it’s INCREASED and I can no longer fast over 24h?

I’ll have to do it despite the hunger, was afraid that’d trigger metabolic slowdown but now it’s become a determined to show myself I can still do it thing.
Mad, I tell you. :rage:

I stuck to eggs and bacon and shall do for a week or so, then just steak, as I’m now trying to see if a particular thing is the trigger. Eating the same thing for ages is something I dig so that aspect anyhow shall be easy.

(Allie) #254

Never hate, these things happen :heart:

(hottie turned hag) #255

Yeah am now obsessing in the “fell off wagon” threads (not really applicable I know but close enough).

(Allie) #256

Instead of aiming at 48, why not aim at 26 to get yourself comfortably past the 24 hour mark then gradually build that way?

I stopped fasting completely for a while as it just wasn’t working for me and was stressing me out. Now I’m back into it but being more gentle with myself.

(hottie turned hag) #257

@Shortstuff it is stressing me out a tad, in an exasperated kinda way.
If you don’t mind saying, what about doing it stopped working for you? Np if you don’t want to say :slightly_smiling_face:

Re: going incrementally past 24, could do, but with my obsessive disorder if it’s not 24, it must be 48; even 36 makes me feel all :crazy_face:
#ocd4lyf

(Allie) #258

I just couldn’t do it, that simple. Every time I tried I just felt crappy and stressed.

So I stopped completely, well still did a sort of IF with 12 hours of not consuming anything but not actually tracking it, just keeping a rough count in my head, until I felt ready to get back to it which is still a very recent thing.

First I decided, still not actually tracking, not to eat one Monday - no pressure, no set goal, just “I’m not eating today” and it was fine so I slowly eased back into the tracking (using Vora) but more loosely, still set with a 12 hour fasting goal although often I’m exceeding that easily. Currently I’m at over 19 hours and know I’ll have no problem getting through the “Meal-less Monday” I’ve decided to have today.

The more I stress about fasting, the harder it gets, so I’m not stressing but am just allowing it to happen.

(Mame) #259

this!
Fasting is so weird. I have to push myself some because to be truthful I would rather eat than not. But at the same time if I push too hard => stress=> cortisol=> feeling like crap=> cancels out any good the fast may be doing…

Sometimes I think it may be a seasonal thing for me, but I also wonder if it’s emotion-based. When stuff comes up eating/emotions related and I don’t have ‘time’ to deal I think it makes any of my time-related eating stuff harder…

wow are my thoughts rambly…I blame the rice I ate last night. Which gave me a GKI =29!! wow I knew it would be high but not how high. Luckily it’s only a once a year thing at the most.

(Jane) #260

After I finish this glass of Malbec I’ll start my Vora fasting timer. Plan is to fast until Thursday night, so 72 hours. I remembered my Keto Mojo so can calculate my GKI this time.

I keep forgetting to bring my pink salt (back in Chicago burbs this week) and if I buy another one at the grocery I’ll officially have a 10-year supply :laughing:

I just need salt so I’ll grab some packets off the breakfast buffet tomorrow morning.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #261

24 hrs fasted. Today was pretty easy. Plan to go at least 60 hr or so and probably to 70ish.

BG 79 mg/dl
BHB 1.2 mmol/dl
GKI 3.6
BOZ 66

My BG is decent and I think will be lower at 48 hrs. I may do BG & BHB in the morning at 36 hrs. Tomorrow the gym workout will be light rowing and walking mostly. Today was lower body slow resistance to failure. My strength is growing fast.

I hope you all continue with your fasts as long as you wanted to. I know it is a struggle some days. Fast on team.

(Tamela Robinette) #262

I had an easy 24 hour fast today too Eric. Now I can’t sleep :roll_eyes:

(Carol) #263

Hi again, May Fasters. I popped in last night but was too tired to finish the thread and post. There seems to be a lot of bumps in the road this month. I have been a bit more “relaxed” myself.

I love this! That is how I’ve been starting my recent fasts. Just skip one day and see how I feel. It’s a mental game for me. Since my last meal is usually around 4pm, I just tell myself I’m going to bed in a few hours and I can rack up some big fasting hours that does my body good. Then I see how I feel the next day. For me, it has taken the stress out of planning longer EFs.

I hope I don’t sound irritatingly over enthusiastic but after more than 9 months I just keep loving this woe more and more. I’m going to blame it on (give credit to) the ketones. :slight_smile:

(Allie) #264

That’s it exactly, no stress. Today I’m eating after breaking my fast this morning, and tomorrow if I’m not so hungry, I’ll fast again and just carry on like that… :slight_smile:

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #265

Hello fasters,

Woke up early again after 24+ hrs fasting. I do that. Humm! Usually I’m not tired in the day. I hope today is like that as well.

BG 90 mg/dl - still holding on to so dawn affect but I’ll take 90 over 120 to 130
BHB 1.2 mmol/dl
GKI 4.2
BOZ 75

My ketones don’t vary much from 0.9 to 1.3 mmol/dl.

Going to use the rowing machine soon to burn out some of my BG. I’m pretty confident in fasting all day since I’m now practicing for longer fasts for autophagy.

New pants I bought maybe 3 weeks ago are loose now. Not so loose to replace but progress. New belt bought in February now on the 4th notch.

Yesterday I had two associates tell me that I look great. One said that it was obvious I was also working out.

I hope you all make your goals this week for fasting but please listen to your body. There is always next week.

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #266

nearing 24h soon. slight headache but that might just be hormonal. Not hungry at all which is great… to busy to get hungry anyway

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #267

After 24+ hrs I find that falling asleep is slower and I rise sooner. But I usually don’t feel tired. Tonight I expect sleep to be better.

I’m happy for you that the first 24hrs were easy.

(Tamela Robinette) #268

I was awoken by my husband’s snoring and him falling asleep with the television on at 11 p.m. I went to bed at 9 feeling pretty tired after a fairly physical day. I tried to go back to sleep but no such luck. I moved to the couch, tossed and turned another couple of hours. I think I finally fell back asleep around 2 a.m. Intended to get up at 5 but didn’t get up until 7:30. Now I lack motivation but I have a 3 mile treadmill run scheduled and some leg work. Ugggggggh. Come on coffee, work your magic.