May 2018 IF/EF chat - all welcome

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #562

I feel you. I do have a reheatable neck pad you can throw into the microwave. usually for neck tension, but it is awesome to warm up.
I know it might look stupid, but maybe an options if you have cool colleagues? (no pun intended)

(Allie) #563

I’ll be going out for my lunchtime walk soon which will help me warm up and hopefully keep me going for the rest of the day :slight_smile:

(Allie) #564

Tonight’s numbers, currently at 96 hours.

I’m missing the happy energetic feeling I had on day four last time, but no surprise as I had a crap night last night due to selfish morons that live next door.

I’m about to try and do gym and yoga so we will see…

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #565

Those numbers are awsome!

(Shayne) #566

Doing OMAD this week and nearly full carnivore. Going to a coworker’s going away party tonight and already checked the menu - should be OK. Tomorrow I won’t be going the full 22 ish hours because another coworker is celebrating 20 years at the company, so we’re going out to lunch.

(Allie) #567

98 hours and I’m going to sleep now. Gym was tough but I pushed through. Not my best but better than not doing it.

(Victoria Mc Coy) #568

So sorry to hear this, @LizinLowell. Sending love and prayers for peace your way. :heart:

(Victoria Mc Coy) #569

Closing out a hectic May with a 4 day fast that will end with dinner tomorrow if I make it through. At hour 72 now, and feeling fairly well. I decided to add a detox binder on day 3 to see if it will make day 4 a bit easier than on my last 5 day EF. Fingers crossed.

(KCKO, KCFO) #570

Feasting today so I can start out June with a 36 hr. fast. I’ll stop eating after dinner tonight.

Glad to see so many doing longer fasts.

KCFO

(Beth) #571

@LizinLowell I am so sorry about the losses you’re dealing with, losing your dad and moving in to help your mom. That’s a huge, loving, generous gesture on your part. Peace & strength to you, girl!

I am 48 hours into my May EF. Waited until after the holiday and a friend’s wedding. Better late than never! Thank you to everyone for posting your experiences. Helps me deal with my own as they come, (like getting cold & waves of tiredness) when I hear they’re common with many of you and how you cope. Thanks for all the ideas for pushing through. It’s so great to have this community of positive people.

(Allie) #572

First thing in the morning numbers.

108 hours so far…

36hrs now, really hungry this morning, had a white coffee & salt so hopefully it will pass. Cramps again, so thinking about buying salt tablets. Any brand recommended? 12hrs to go for me…
Scales down 0.5lbs today, not a lot, but it’s something!

(Allie) #574

I make my own salt capsules with a mix of Celtic grey sea salt and Himalayan pink salt

(Allie) #575

One of my work friends just told me how healthy and energetic I seem today, 115 hours into my fast… and she knows I’m fasting too! She says it obviously suits me as I’m looking great and never get ill :grinning:

Out for a lovely walk in the sunshine now. The world around me is complaining about being too hot while I’m thinking how lovely it is :joy:

(KCKO, KCFO) #576

Ah another fasting victory, bring on the global warming, we know how to handle that shit. LOL

Nice coworker, to even notice the positive changes you are getting.

(Victoria Mc Coy) #577

Happy Friday everyone! Planning to break at dinner tonight, which will be 96 hours. 3 lbs down this week, which is good for me. For now, :coffee: & :sunny:!

(Dawn) #578

My husband told me this morning that my underwear look like running shorts and that I need to “commit heavily to improving that situation”. I guess that was a compliment?

Fasting does strange things in terms of WHERE I lose weight. I have lost weight plenty of times before (40 pounds) and the weight loss is always in my legs and butt. I always seemed to maintain that stomach no matter how hard I tried. However this time around doing fasting combined with keto seems to have changed where I am losing most of my weight. My face, stomach and arms seem to be where most of the weight is coming from. Does anyone know the reason behind this? 40 pounds lost with CICO and exercise looks very different that 40 lost with Keto and fasting. Hm?? Why?

(Doug) #579

:smile: My wife would have given me a withering look if I said that.

Dawn, I don’t know the reasons for the difference, but to be losing abdominal fat is certainly a good thing.

(Candy Lind) #580

What ^HE^ said! :grin:

(Dawn) #581

I would have “withered” him to the ground except for the fact that there was such a sense of pride and encouragement in his tone and smile. I had to just laugh with him. Plus he was correct, my undies are just waaaay to big. But why make an investment now when I still have 40 pounds to lose?

I will try to do more research. If I had to guess, I would say that the loss of weight in my stomach may be associated with reduced insulin. I think that my weight loss before was because of the level of exercise that I was doing and the muscle built in those areas. I was still insulin resistant even though my weight was down. Maybe the weight was “locked” in those trouble spots by those insulin gates that Dr. Fung speaks about. But this time, I think my body is naturally unlocking those fat stores because of the lower insulin (fasting and keto) I don’t do nearly as much exercise now as I did back then. I am going to go back through the two keto dudes podcast to see if they provide some science behind it. I know they say that keto can definitely get rid of the Krispy Kreme you ate 10 years ago. I wish I could show you guys pictures to explain what I am trying to say