May 2018 IF/EF chat - all welcome

(Allie) #542

Trust your body to signal what it needs :heart:

(Allie) #543

I’m actually amazed as how easy things are this time, although hunger is flaring a bit now bit only after I’ve been thinking about how easy it is so I think it’s a mental thing.

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #544

It’s absolutely mental…your a tough woman!

(KCKO, KCFO) #545

Well in the middle of a 36 hr. fast, I came down with some kind of weird stomach bug. Threw up three times over the course of the afternoon, no energy, just laid around and drifted into and out of sleep. 12 hrs. later, I was fine.

Going to refeed today, and will try again for 36 hrs. tomorrow.

KCKO
KCFO

(Allie) #546

Hope you feel better @collaroygal

(Allie) #547

Approaching 72 hours now

Ketones 6.3
Glucose 3.6

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #548

10 hrs the first hunger pangs are hitting.
Just came home through an insane hailstorm.

There is no better reason for tea now…

I like around 18 hours my breathing become so clear, like I am standing out in cold weather

Did my 72 hrs, eaten well! Had a gripey stomach & slight upset this afternoon, but it passed. Fasting again tomorrow, but just a short one, meeting friends out on Friday.
@collaroygal- hope that you feel better soon. Weren’t you ill last week when fasting too?

(Allie) #551

Gym done -

• 15 mins rebounding as a warm up and it’s amazing for legs too
  • Gentle leg session with just a kettlebell instead of a bar
  • One hour of yoga

Feeling fine. Didn’t check ketones again as I’m running low on strips, but glucose was 3.6 the same as earlier.

Stomach is making all sorts of gurgling sounds in protest at having nothing to do :joy:

I’m hoping that tomorrow will bring the amazing feeling that arrived on day four last time and that it will help me get through until at least Saturday morning. If this works out then I’ll end up being at about 136 hours before I break fast.

Something of interest that I’ve noticed this time around is that there are no leukocytes showing up in urine. Every previous fast has caused a high level of them but not even a trace this time. That maybe adds weight to my theory of them being caused by autophogy working its magic on the internal scarring I have from previous severe infections and surgeries… :thinking:

(KCKO, KCFO) #552

That was the week before, last week was a very easy fast. I was hoping to continue that trend, but life happens.

At least the scale was happy about yesterday, it went down 3 lbs.

I’m all right today, just not as energetic as I normally am. I know it will get better quickly.

(Candy Lind) #553

Listen to your body @collaroygal - take it easy if you must! xo

(back and doublin' down) #554

Getting back on the horse, so to speak. Starting talking to a work colleague about my 86 hour fast last week and decided there’s no time like the present to get right back to it. Been doing IF for 5 days and it’s just hard as heck to get in the calories that would keep up my BMR. so, back to fasting. I just felt better on those fasting days that I do now.

(Allie) #555

Morning check in at 84 hours.

All OK, just got a fuzzy eye migraine pre-cursor which I get sometimes so don’t thinks it’s connected to fasting. Just waiting for the blurry patch to move out of sight so I can walk my dog…

Glucose first thing was 3.7
Ketones a massive 7 ! :open_mouth:

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #556

just hit 24 hours. feeling great. using my free minutes in the morning to learn japanese with my new app :heart_eyes:

I’m clearly a pig, I don’t have that problem!!

(Allie) #558

87 hours and just starting to feel cold… work is quiet too so I’m just sat at my desk bored which really isn’t helping :frowning:

How long are you planning to do? It is cold anyway today, hope you’ve got your jumper with you!

(Allie) #560

I’ve got a five day idea, always had it in my head since I started fasting but never got there. That would be tomorrow evening but I don’t like breaking fast in the evening so may even end up around 136 hours as I have vets for my oldest cat on Sat morning so have to prioritise that.

Got a jumper on and bodywarmer if needed… :slight_smile:

(Allie) #561

OMG someone at work has opened the windows as they’re too hot and I’m freezing!!!