May 2018 IF/EF chat - all welcome

(Allie) #521

Apparently here and Birmingham got it the worst. We’ve got dead baby water birds at the lake, little ones just not strong enough to survive it… and as for the eggs, really crap year this year.

(She had one feck to give and that feck is gone.) #522

So I fasted M/W/F last week. Lost 4.2lbs and 2 inches off my waist :astonished:. Weighed and measured this morning after 2 eating days.

Same again this week. I’m only 11 Days back on Keto wagon so I don’t expect these results every week :smiley:

(Allie) #523

I’m at 20 hours so far and about to hit the gym for chest & back followed by yoga… and my crazy self imposed daily challenge of 100 body weight squats which is actually the most difficult part :joy:

(Candy Lind) #524

We’ve had devastating flooding on the US East Coast, and a tropical storm landfall in the Florida Panhandle. :open_mouth: No climate change, though … :persevere:

:sob: :sob: :sob:

And re: your pictures - I didn’t expect Canada Geese in UK! Not sure why …

(Allie) #526

@CandyLindTX there’s just one duckling left, all the other babies are gone. Geese moved their goslings to the canal a few days ago so I think they knew… the smaller trees were still under water when I went for my second visit over earlier. I’ll go back first thing tomorrow and just hope there’s no more rain tonight… :grimacing:

Back on topic… I’m now at 24 hours and feeling fine. Completed gym and a short yoga session. Tested blood about an hour after gym and got 3.5 ketones and 4.2 glucose so happy with those numbers.

I had the fatty coffee this morning to help ease me into the fast after such a bad night, but tomorrow I’m hoping to be able to progress to water (and one black coffee when I get up) only. That will depend on how I feel in the morning though.

(Allie) #527

@LizinLowell how are you? :heart:

(Liz ) #528

Thanks for checking in. I have better moments & worse. It looks like my husband & I will have to uproot our contented lives & move in with my elderly mom at my childhood home, so that is a lot to process. It’s about 35 miles from where we live, so that helps, but with traffic at certain times of day it can be like trying to get to the moon.

We will keep our place, I will keep my studio, What the rest of it looks like, I can’t tell yet. I’m grappling with the grief of losing my dad & now my old life too, while everyone else goes back to the comfort of their routines.

Keto has been my rock, my steady place through all this turmoil. Mom eats Keto too so that makes things really easy. I’ve been eating 2MAD & my weight has been very steady. Maybe when things are more settled I can extended fast again.

That sounds like a major upheaval for you on top of grieving for your Dad… you are an amazing daughter to be uprooting your life to help your mother. Thinking of you :hugs: :hugs:

(Allie) #530

That’s a massive change for you to have to deal with @LizinLowell. I’m glad you’re finding keto helpful throughout this all and wish for better times to arrive for you soon :heart:

(She had one feck to give and that feck is gone.) #531

My dad always said, “Those geese have no IDEA where Canada is!” :rofl:

36hrs in for me- needed painkillers this morning as I overdid it in the garden yesterday, so had a white coffee to soak them up! Managed with black coffee & water yesterday. Not too hungry thankfully- I’m sure I feel less hungry on FDs than eating days! (Maybe I should just fast all the time!!)

(Allie) #533

@CandyLindTX there’s LOADS of Canada geese here, all year round too so no migration. The local ones all know me as I’ve looked after them since they were eggs… :joy:

I’m currently at 39 hours and doing OK. Black coffee this morning only. Woke up with a headache but trying to ignore it…

(She had one feck to give and that feck is gone.) #534

Did not fast yesterday after all :confused:. Had an outing with my daughter and some friends. Had lunch with the group. Luckily there was Ketopproriate food available.

Later afternoon was stressful. Had too many fat bombs and sloppy Keto. Woke at 3:30am with horrible anxiety :confounded:. I wonder if I fell out of ketosis :woman_shrugging: Listened to Obesity Code podcast until the alarm. Gave my mind something to latch onto, but dammit @Carl if I happened to doze off those trumpets woke me right back up :laughing:. (I love the music in the daytime though)

Anyway - fasting today.

(Allie) #535

Approaching 48 hours now.

Ketones 5.5
Glucose 3.3

Gym this eve will just be yoga, then a chilled evening of reading and journaling.

48hrs now, have hardly been hungry, bliss! Felt full of energy too, spent 4 hours in the garden doing serious pruning, didn’t flag at all! Will see about breakfast in the morning.

(Allie) #537

63.5 hours so far and all good here. I had a fatty coffee this morning, not really because I felt a need for it, but just because I wanted it. This fast is so much easier than the last one so I’ll easily do the 72 hours, and maybe even the full 120 hours I’m hoping for… :slight_smile:

Bloods this morning -

glucose 4.1
ketones 4.8

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #538

Just started my new fast this morning after an extensive breakfast.

going for 72 or 120 hrs again.

(She had one feck to give and that feck is gone.) #539

I think I’m going to call time out on my fasting plans this week. There is just too much going on. So much upheaval to the routine. I got to 22.5hrs last night then had a good Keto meal.

I’m going to stock up the fridge with healthy meals and then just eat when I’m hungry - no matter when that is. After 4 hrs…after 24hrs…whatever. I just can’t make myself do anymore than I already have to this week.

I know fasting is voluntary, but I had a plan, you know? :confused:

I know, it’s so frustrating when you have plans & your life/ body doesn’t come along with you! But if you push too hard you’ll maybe fall off the wagon completely, so I say do what you can, when it’s right for you!

66hrs for me so far, no lunch, but white coffee. Going for the 72hrs, never done that long before (hubby seems to have lost track of when I’m fasting or not, so hasn’t noticed!!) It does seem to be easier after the first 24 hours, I used to do 3 x 24hrs a week before, but I think I prefer to do one longer fast…
Keep strong everyone else fasting!